Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526
Results 1,001 to 1,019 of 1019
    Established Member Four Rings JustManson's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by AllroadCorbin View Post
    Yea theyíre $22 a piece on oem parts.

Did you get 3 to have a spare?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes as spares. I have a higher than Normal idle vacuum which sits at 17.5inhg. So after chasing some leaks and making repairs like my throttle body gasket and intake manifold gasket I thought I would try replacing the check valves and I just havenít gotten around to it yet.

Under load I see 24-22inhg and off throttle at speed I see 22.2 more consistently so i havenít really had the urge to dive in just yet.

@22 each I didnít get ripped too bad LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Veteran Member Four Rings AllroadCorbin's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1992 Saab 900s (Classic)

Do yall think an HPX MAF will make any noticeable different at partial throttle and idle?

B8.5 Allroad | APR | CTS K04
    B5 S4 | GermanElite | SRM K24
    05' Saab 9-3
    92' Saab 900s

Established Member Two Rings bruddha's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I haven't heard of any noticeable difference, especially on K04 turbo.
    But maybe there are some on here that have had first hand experience.
    I wouldn't think its worth the $$, but that's just my opinion

Veteran Member Three Rings zatch_303's Avatar
    AZ Member #

He's on K24's but as far as the question, I will let others chime in.
    // 2001 Volcano Black B5 A4 Avant 1.8TQM - Past
    // 2001.5 Pearl White B5 S4 Sedan 6MT

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Your talking blow through maf right? I've wondered if there would be a gain without running the stock ypipe and doing a blow through maf.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Audizine mobile app

Veteran Member Four Rings CELison's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Pretty sure he just means a hpx. Not blow through.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1992 Saab 900s (Classic)

Quote Originally Posted by travis_w View Post
    Your talking blow through maf right? I've wondered if there would be a gain without running the stock ypipe and doing a blow through maf.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Audizine mobile app
    Iím simply talking about switching from a Hitachi 85mm to an HPX with zero other changes. Not for more power, but smoother idle and partial throttle

05' Saab 9-3
    92' Saab 900s

Veteran Member Four Rings vavJETTAw36's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by AllroadCorbin View Post
    Iím simply talking about switching from a Hitachi 85mm to an HPX with zero other changes. Not for more power, but smoother idle and partial throttle

i personally do not think so no. I run an hpx on 85mm and can say things are less smooth than when I was on hitachi, however, there's many variables that have changed like the motor and turbos during that process. Logically, I do not see how it would make a difference.

From my experience, injectors above 600CC just do not have as smooth of an idle as smaller ones. When I was on K04's I ran 55lb injectors on e85 and that thing purred like a kitten. Now I am running 1000CC Injector Dynamics, some of the best injectors around, and my idle is sub par. Just the trade off for more power.

Veteran Member Four Rings CELison's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Changing maf sensors isn't going help I don't think. If you had a 102mm housing then went to 85, maybe. If all the hardware is in line, it may just need some tuning since it was tuned before with janky check valves. As far as the injectors go, I don't know why, buy my 1300s on E idles perfectly. On the stock coils it would stumble every once in a while, but on the R8 coils it's baby's ass smooth. I don't have a good explanation for it.
    B5 S4- K24s, built bottom end, E85
    B8 S4- GIAC Stage 2
    150cc Chinese Scooter of Doom

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1992 Saab 900s (Classic)

Quote Originally Posted by CELison View Post
    Changing maf sensors isn't going help I don't think. If you had a 102mm housing then went to 85, maybe. If all the hardware is in line, it may just need some tuning since it was tuned before with janky check valves. As far as the injectors go, I don't know why, buy my 1300s on E idles perfectly. On the stock coils it would stumble every once in a while, but on the R8 coils it's baby's ass smooth. I don't have a good explanation for it.
    Even my B8.5 Allroad idles better on E85, even though itís still very smooth on 93. But it feels a touch better on E. Idk why

05' Saab 9-3
    92' Saab 900s

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1992 Saab 900s (Classic)

Dana is making me this intake. I think it will help a lot since my cone is directly on my MAF housing at the moment lol

05' Saab 9-3
    92' Saab 900s

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    15 VW GTI S-Very WHITE

FWIW- Would the addition of a flow straightener help
    ie- something similar to the stock MAF housing...the sensor may "like" a more laminar flow and may respond to air flow changes more better --engineering term :)
    YES-I know it would introduce another pressure drop, across the housing, but it may help...In general one would need 5 to 10 pipe diameters, in length, from the inlet to the sensor, to eliminate the issues cause by the eddys and resultant turbulence produced at high Reynold numbers (ie- LOTS of mass air flow). That, however, is impractical.....

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1992 Saab 900s (Classic)

Quote Originally Posted by LJS View Post
    FWIW- Would the addition of a flow straightener help
    ie- something similar to the stock MAF housing...the sensor may "like" a more laminar flow and may respond to air flow changes more better --engineering term :)
    YES-I know it would introduce another pressure drop, across the housing, but it may help...In general one would need 5 to 10 pipe diameters, in length, from the inlet to the sensor, to eliminate the issues cause by the eddys and resultant turbulence produced at high Reynold numbers (ie- LOTS of mass air flow). That, however, is impractical.....
    makes sense. Car actually idles smoother now with the longer intake spaced out from the MAF sensor. I posted a pic of it on the lowercase S4 group and people either liked it or shit on it calling it a hot air intake... they're not wrong but its been tested that having a box doesnt make a shred of difference with regard to power or IAT. Plus I added back the air duct to direct air down to it which while driving should push a bunch of warm air away from it. I'm also using meth so I'm not sure it would matter anyways. I was all excited to take the car for a long rip this weekend but I went underneath because it popped a P1557 ....and took a look around.....pass side wastegate line had a big ass tear in it. Explains so so so much.

Car was all notchy and partial throttle felt like crap. I went around replacing every single vac hose, T, check valve, N249, N80 and slapped brand new 710Ns on. I feel like a dumbass for not looking underneath earlier.
    05' Saab 9-3
    92' Saab 900s

Established Member Four Rings JustManson's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Allroadcorbin Buys a B5 S4

I like the CAI or HAI depending on who you talk to.

I like the look, I like the noise, I like intakes period. Back in my Honda days I did testing for about 8 intakes on a Honda Dyno day to see if the OEM box vs name brand intakes would make a difference. Out of OEM AEM K&N and this Whale Tale $400 carbon piece... the AutoZone special with a dry filter made more power than them all mid range and top. All did make Power from 4-9hp and about 3-6 ft tq.

Not much, but Gains are gains!

Anywho Iím sold on mine and think it made some difference. Too bad I cut up my OEM box I might have tested them just to see.

So I was made a believer in the intake way back when and I still am a believer!

IMG_7171.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1992 Saab 900s (Classic)

Anybody know the part number for the Mann oil filters (XL size?) I only see the small ones for our cars coming up on FCP and europa

05' Saab 9-3
    92' Saab 900s

Veteran Member Three Rings goalieman24's Avatar
    AZ Member #

940/25

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1992 Saab 900s (Classic)

Quote Originally Posted by goalieman24 View Post
    940/25
    Thanks. Theyíre 5.95 on FCP right now. I might grab a few. (mann). I run 5-7 degrees cooler it seems with the larger filter and more oil. Seems worth it

05' Saab 9-3
    92' Saab 900s

Veteran Member Three Rings zatch_303's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Glad you're seeing a noticeable difference! I have ran both the OEM size and the "large" 940/25 and saw little to no difference in temps and oil test results. Now on a 1.8T I would ONLY recommend the larger 940/25 as that platform could certainly use the extra oil capacity due to the sludge problems. Just be aware that the 940/25 will rest against some hoses since it is such a tight fit, at least mine did when I ran them. $5.95 is pretty good!
    // 2001 Volcano Black B5 A4 Avant 1.8TQM - Past
    // 2001.5 Pearl White B5 S4 Sedan 6MT

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1992 Saab 900s (Classic)

Quote Originally Posted by zatch_303 View Post
    Glad you're seeing a noticeable difference! I have ran both the OEM size and the "large" 940/25 and saw little to no difference in temps and oil test results. Now on a 1.8T I would ONLY recommend the larger 940/25 as that platform could certainly use the extra oil capacity due to the sludge problems. Just be aware that the 940/25 will rest against some hoses since it is such a tight fit, at least mine did when I ran them. $5.95 is pretty good!
    Yea it touches some of them but fits well (snug)

05' Saab 9-3
    92' Saab 900s

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526