Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Senior Member Three Rings olethalb's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Fitted new oem maf today, no better but get more of a stutter when itís not full blown misfiring.

Blitz, thanks bud - did you do tfsi coils or 1.8t coils, ideally iíd use the early tt bolt down ones, thereís a company Ďbenchmarkí on ebay who sell uprated ones theyíll sell me 6 for £160

AZ Member #

They must be more powerful - theyíre blue

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F192181224986

Senior Member Three Rings slowSfaux's Avatar
    AZ Member #

If you want bolt down coils, rs6 is what most people will recommend.

AZ Member #

Slowsfaux - just checked they are the same part / number as the tt coils, are the stock ones better than the stock s4 items then?

AZ Member #

Ordered the bolt down Ďupratedí coils

I pulled the plugs just now, bank 1 is fine, bank 2 not so much, any ideas? I tried a new icm on each sife and went for a drive earlier in the week but made no difference

AZ Member #

I have another couple of threads going but iíll keep this updated, fitted my Ďupratedí rs6 coils and followed the tfsi solder how to, also fitted more new plugs, got new pre cat lambdas and fresh oil and filter to go in, hopefully tonight.

Getting open circuit codes from coil upgrade which isnít ideal, regards remap - tuner has reviewed file and said there are errors so loading a new one soon.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2004 Allroad, 2006 Chevy Malibu, 1994 Ford E350, 2010 Ford Flex, 2007 BMW 328Xi

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieNoble View Post
    I was always told not to gap iridium plugs. Because they damage to easily.

Brought to you by "Beer" the cause of and solution to all life's problems
    Lololololololol

Sent from my 5049W using Audizine mobile app

AZ Member #

So I did some trial and error testing on the 'open circuit' fault, switched pin 2 for pin 4, tried all combination of grounding points, no change. dropped an old tfsi coil in one of the cylinders and the code didn't come back for that cylinder. tried another with wiring as pictured above - no code

looks like these uprated coils are no good.

got the lambdas (what a job ) and oil change done last night and getting new map loaded tomorrow, fingers crossed we'll be back in business soon.

AZ Member #

Got my new oem rs6 coils @£47 each

Got them fitted up and while i was there fitted new lower injector o-rings on the bosch 550ís and made sure they were all still clocked correctly

And all covers back on again again

All codes cleared, none returned 👍🏻 Another map loaded and i know have lambda adaption / correction, misfire counter, no misfires, much better afr on idle and part throttle, mpg has almost doubled

AZ Member #

The tuner has looked at my file / logs and he says it's leaning out over 5.5k so I guess the fuel pump is tired so I've ordered a deatschwerks 300 universal pump for intank so hopefully that [I]should[I] be the last of the spend to get this tune running right.

I'm assuming I'm good for 400chp now?

gen bw k04's
    xs turbo intakes
    3" to 2.5" down pipes
    catless merging into custom 3" single box system
    bosch 550's
    uprated oversize smics
    RS4 clutch
    custom bi pipe
    ported all road tb merger
    panel filter
    darintake mod
    silicon boost pipes
    pressure tested
    new 710 dv's / n75 / maf / pre cat lambdas / rs6 coils / bkr7eix plugs / fuel filter
    dw 300 intank pump
    Last edited by olethalb; 11-29-2017 at 02:10 AM.

AZ Member #

My pump arrived pretty swiftly

Also 36 and 38mm nitrile o rings, iíll see what works best with the basket

AZ Member #

Built my pump up into a spare housing i had, iíll have to see how rhe sock works out when it comes to fitting

I went with the 36mm o rings

Veteran Member Four Rings vavJETTAw36's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Never seen that fuel lid before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Three Rings Bob Marley's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by olethalb View Post
    Built my pump up into a spare housing i had, iíll have to see how rhe sock works out when it comes to fitting

I went with the 36mm o rings
    No check valve?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

AZ Member #

Bob marley - Built into the pump outlet iím pretty sure

AZ Member #

Bob marley - Built into the pump outlet iím pretty sure
    I have the same pump DW300 brand new & experienced fuel leak down pressure drop when car sits for a little causing long cranking....buddy of mine running a walbro 255 same issue. installed a 5/16" high flow check valve between pump outlet & hat... problem solved! Not sure if a check valve is not included in the dw300 internally or if it's not sufficient, but its a known issue with aftermarket high flow pumps... Aeromotive, 044,walbro & yes DW..

It couldn't hurt to throw one in at this point before you install in tank... or take you're chances, you may be a lucky one

Curious to see how that works out for you once its installed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

AZ Member #

Bob Marley - been in for 2 days so far so good behaves like normal or maybe slightly quicker crank vs start than the oem pump but as you say time will tell, thanks for input.

hoping i'll finally be able to get a strong map on it and see over 400chp

AZ Member #

still running around part tuned, the tuner has gone quiet and there's not many options over here for decent mapping.

my 01e still feels slack, looking at other box options or maybe rebuild this one, kind of lost motivation lately with the mapping saga and now the 'part' map that surges and doesn't produce any decent power really.

AZ Member #

still running around part tuned, the tuner has gone quiet and there's not many options over here for decent mapping.

my 01e still feels slack, looking at other box options or maybe rebuild this one, kind of lost motivation lately with the mapping saga and now the 'part' map that surges and doesn't produce any decent power really.
    Which tuner are you using?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

AZ Member #

a local one, I would ideally use MRC but we've had history

Veteran Member Four Rings vavJETTAw36's Avatar
    AZ Member #

2.7t noob - first time pulling engine

a local one, I would ideally use MRC but we've had history
    Contact brad AT germanelitetuning dot com aka corradovolksb and he will get you straightened out. He's tuned a few of my cars and he's awesome. Or shoot me your contact info and I'll forward it to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZ Member #

Thanks bud but iím not sure how that would work for me in the uk

Not alot been going on, iíve been putting a tfsi motor in my friends mk4 golf quattro. I did order some ak motorsports box mounts as my other ones had become increasingly sloppy

I fitted them couple of hours after they arrived and so far so good, the shank on the bolts was a little too long so iíve ordered some better oem bolts, theyíve tightened everything back up nicely, coupled with my rs4 engine mounts and poly snub it feels pretty good, i may need to re-adjust poly but theyíre working well so far, slightly more noise - probably amplified by my solid subframe mounts but worth the slop trade off and iím pretty fussy about these things.

Itís spurred me on to get making my new shift rod assembly so iíve purchased a Ďnewí full linkage assembly so i can chop it up and add my track rod end in place of the ball / socket oem set up - pics will follow once it arrives

AZ Member #

Ok so after a week or so of running these mounts it became clear my 'recon' gearbox is really close to expiration, you can hear the diff knocking over bumps, rumble on deceleration, odd characteristics when manoeuvring and general slop, it's a shame because the shifts are pretty good all things considered.

I have sourced a used box I'm hoping will be better but only way to tell without stripping is get it fitted up unfortunately.

a friend of mine just bought some corner weight scales and it came in at 1726kg with 1/4 tank and no driver, I'm not sure how good or bad that is for a6 but I thought while I'm changing the box I may as well fit aluminium RS6 subframe and I found a pair on ebay (front and rear) so that might shave off a few KG's, also tempted to fit some lighter seats and wheels.

hopefully i'll finally get around to fitting the steel slave, braided line and make the new shifter linkage setup

AZ Member #

still not done anything and the box is getting pretty bad now, I have the replacement sat in my garden with the aluminium subframes and whole host of other bits waiting to go on, or on the todo list.

tempted to take it off the road and pull the motor and just get everything done in one hit.

I'm currently spending all my free time making my friends mk1 golf 4 wheel drive but really need to get back on with with this.

AZ Member #

I've decided to ditch the 01e and I've sourced an 0a3, just starting to gather the other parts for the conversion now, was going to try and stretch to cae but seems they don't do a cable set up for the 0a3 which is a pain, I might try to make something myself...

AZ Member #

I collected the 0a3 last week, the guy threw in;

linkage
    heatshields
    all bolts
    2 x right side shafts
    slave

picked up EUT rear diff on ebay hopefully be here next couple of days

and just ordered the JHM speed converter and box conversion mounts

so hopefully that's all the parts, just need my prop shortening and balancing when I decide to go ahead with the swap

AZ Member #

my JHM conversion mounts and speed converter turned up last week, very well packaged and arrived swiftly. the £120 import tax was a bit of a bummer but I'm all set apart from the prop

AZ Member #

finally got around to performing my 0A3 swap, was a bit of a pita waiting for the prop, and after a problem with one of the 'new' shafts it all up and running

So far the 0A3 box is so much better,

smoother engagement / disengagement
    gears are more flexible
    better mpg
    can now block shift more often
    shifts are much quicker
    quieter reverse and easier to engage
    faster through the gears, I seemed to get a dip in power between shifts before (possibly map related)

overall very happy with the swap, has really updated the feel of the car and makes driving much less effort particularly around town, I've spent most of the weekend driving around and went to couple of shows.

found a bit of love for it again having recently advertised the engine set up for sale on ebay, If it doesn't sell I think I might have to get it mapped again.

While I had the engine out I fitted the oem aux belt tensioner with new bearings in the pulley, shift chirp has disappeared. I also removed the hard pipe for n80 that fits into inlet and goes across the TB opening, I replaced it with some ally rod I tapered and press fitted into the hole with some sealer.

AZ Member #

Not been doing alot recently, had thoughts of moving the 2.7 on

Bought a complete phaeton 3.2 engine today but will most likely get a 2.8 and swap all the mounts etc onto the 2.8 and sell the 3.2 block and head

Started putting togetger a shopping list, seems like a lot of parts and cash required 😂

Established Member Two Rings SoundEfx's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Good luck.

AZ Member #

Ok, so been busy ordering parts

So far I've got / ordered:

Phaeton engine complete
    timing chain kit
    034 engine mounts
    V5 starter motor
    034 SMF
    R32 / 2.8 ecu
    R32 / 2.8 loom
    Aluminium Radiator
    inlet manifold
    R32 BUB long block
    Oil cooler
    sai plate
    arp head studs
    arp rod bolts
    bar-tek head spacer plate
    tubular exhaust manifold

On the need list is:

turbo oil feed
    turbo oil drain
    turbo coolant feed
    turbo coolant return
    turbo - precision 6262? 6062? 5862? Gen 2 bb gtx3582r? gen2 rr
    injectors?
    clutch - spec stage 3+?
    boost pipe materials
    exhaust / dp / flexi materials
    wastegate + flanges
    Mk4 Alternator
    Mk4 Alternator bracket
    Mk4 Tensioner
    b5/c5 1.8t Power steering line

the 2.7t sold and is gone, the phaeton engine has been stripped of mani's loom and hoses and test fitted in the bay and looks like it's going to fit :)

also big thanks to jaychen for giving me some sound advice

AZ Member #

I've ordered a fluidampr now too but still not sure if the stage3+ clutch rated to 454 torque will be ok?

also undecided on injectors too, 550 0r 630, I'm only shooting for 450-500chp and highly doubtful i'll want more in the future, my wife needs to be able to driver the car and she's 5ft nothing

hopefully sourced the alternator / bracket / tensioner from a friend and pretty sure I've decided to go with GTX3582R bb v band flanged, I just need to sell my Honda ruckus (I never quite finished) to free up some cash.

the b5 1.8t Power steering line arrived yesterday and the ebay intake mani but it's different from the pics so trying to negotiate with german ebay seller to take it back as it's no good for what I want.

AZ Member #

Ebay useless mani, the one i ordered had longer runners so i could cut it up and make a centre tb item

AZ Member #

made an actual start on this yesterday, stripped the scuttle area and trimmed the secondary / false bulkhead / firewall and started listing the parts i'll need to start ordering for custom hoses etc.

I'll be relocating the battery and using the space for header tank / p/s tank and possibly ABS relocation, also bought RS6 servo and Master cylinder, may aswell change it out while I'm there, spoke to my mate who makes roll cages and he's agreed to fab up a removable 2" tube brace / strut bar possibly similar to the 034 time attack car.

AZ Member #

My forge wastegate arrived yesterday and ordered my gtx3582r reverse rotation with v band housing, wg quite a bit bigger than it looked in the pics

And bulkhead trimmed out

AZ Member #

Few more bits arrived today, 3x 32mm 90* ally bends, 40-32mm 90* silicon bend, universal p/s tank and bmw mini header tank, mocal thermostatic cooler plate, AN fittings for cooler plate and fuel hardlines and selection of hose seperators for cooler lines and fuel hose flexi lines.

Iíll modify the header tanks and weld AN fittings on when iíve decided how theyíll be mounted

AZ Member #

Got a few of my parts out today to take stock of what iíve got

Also messed about with phaeton vs mk4 vs modified mk4 alternator bracket

Going to make up a method of using alternator to tension the belt

Had to pack up and go to a wedding so that all i managed to get done today

AZ Member #

Spent a couple of hours on it today, mocked up the new rad hoses

Welded some AN -6 fittings on the fuel rail

Rerouted the fuel lines inside the turret, have ordered some bulkhead fittings with olives so will tidy that up when they arrive

Waiting on the next order of AN fittings but welded one on the p/s tank

AZ Member #

Managed to finish up the alternator set up, had a bit of 25mm stainless rod machined to 57mm long with m8 hole in it.

Then made up a bit of 3.5mm stainless and mocked it up

Then welded and fitted up

Also welded an fitting on p/s pump outlet

The 1.8t p/s line i bought fell a little short so i extended the bracket 20mm and tweeked the angle and it worked out great

Also ran the fuel lines

AZ Member #

The turbo arrived yesterday, need to get some v bands machined and start thinking about routes for dp and boost pipes

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123