Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member Two Rings owde_eh4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Rust problem.....HELP!!!

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hey guys,

I had my brakes changed last week but before that I was doing the metal-to-metal thing for 3 days.
    Coz of that I developed a rust problem. There seems to be a lot of rust around that wheel and along the side of my car. I managed to wash off the rust along the side of the car but the wheel rust is more stubborn. Also, there seems to be rust on the hub and interior structures behind the wheel. Can anyone offer any suggestions? Is there a product that i can spray on? Any help would be appreciated, thnx

Veteran Member Four Rings ExpLlclT's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1998.5 Audi A4 2.8LQ

new after market stuff or a chizle
    1998.5 Audi A4 2.8LQM is what i got.

pm for photoshoot
    www.flickr.com/photos/explicitphotography

Active Member Two Rings owde_eh4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

nah i just put in OEM pads and discs....but the problem (rust) probably came about from the metal being scraped off of the old discs/pads. If you were talking about my wheels, they are the stock "swing" wheels. Someone suggested that i take the wheel to audi to get de-rusted but was wondering if there was a simpler solution. thnx for the reply.

Account Terminated Four Rings Neo1130's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi A4, Audi TT

Go to your parts store and get some Dupont Wheel cleaner with TEFLON!! I had the same crap on my Jetta and I just washed it off like it was nothin... Teflon is the shit....