Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 281 to 312 of 312
  1. #281
    Stage 3 Forum Advertiser Four Rings Excelerate Rep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 14 2014
    AZ Member #
    145469
    My Garage
    Audi's
    Location
    Branford, CT

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
    I’ll take more when I get her outside again.
    13 mm front drop. 8mm rear drop.
    (Kept rear 5mm higher than front per recommendation by MSS).

    Absolutely lovely.

  2. #282
    Established Member Two Rings seank13's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31 2017
    AZ Member #
    400361
    Location
    Olympia, WA

    Has anyone adjusted their rear height yet? Any tips for doing so? I've got a little over 1,000 miles on my kit and am convinced my installer didn't set the height correctly as I still have reverse rake.
    2017 Audi TTS
    2002 VW GTI 337
    1996 Toyota 4runner
    2008 Triumph Bonneville
    2016 Harley Davidson Sportster

  3. #283
    Established Member Three Rings Chuckster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 18 2017
    AZ Member #
    393575
    My Garage
    '17 TTS & '16 Q3
    Location
    Socal

    Initially, I had both equal with no reverse rake, but asked to raise the rear to meet the recommended difference. I could have also just dropped the front more, but I’m not a low lifer. :)

    Adjusting the fronts are not as easy as I’d like because you still have to drop the suspension from underneath since the adjustment is done from top.

  4. #284
    Established Member Three Rings Chuckster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 18 2017
    AZ Member #
    393575
    My Garage
    '17 TTS & '16 Q3
    Location
    Socal

    Here’s a better picture. I tried to get good lighting to show the wheel gap, which to me is secondary to the performance improvement.
    Last edited by Chuckster; 04-14-2018 at 09:34 PM.

  5. #285
    Stage 3 Forum Advertiser Four Rings Excelerate Rep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 14 2014
    AZ Member #
    145469
    My Garage
    Audi's
    Location
    Branford, CT

    Quote Originally Posted by seank13 View Post
    Has anyone adjusted their rear height yet? Any tips for doing so? I've got a little over 1,000 miles on my kit and am convinced my installer didn't set the height correctly as I still have reverse rake.
    Did they set the rear 5mm higher than the front on initial install? How many miles do you have on the kit? The fronts take longer to settle (2,000 miles) I find the rear settles faster based off experience. If you don't have a good 2,000 miles on the kit and the car was setup 5mm higher in the back than I would leave it until you get the proper mileage on the car.

    To adjust you can generally do so with the supplied wrench depending on current ride height. If everything just spins while on the car, you can remove the lower outer control arm bolt, (supporting with a jack and slowly lowering) to get some of the pressure off and make the adjustment that way. It really depends!

    Cheers Sean!

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
    Here’s a better picture. I tried to get good lighting to show the wheel gap, which to me is secondary to the performance improvement.

    Man Rick was right, those wheels really pop on there, Chuck. I love it!

    Thanks,

    Greg

  6. #286
    Established Member Two Rings seank13's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31 2017
    AZ Member #
    400361
    Location
    Olympia, WA

    Quote Originally Posted by Excelerate Rep View Post
    Did they set the rear 5mm higher than the front on initial install? How many miles do you have on the kit? The fronts take longer to settle (2,000 miles) I find the rear settles faster based off experience. If you don't have a good 2,000 miles on the kit and the car was setup 5mm higher in the back than I would leave it until you get the proper mileage on the car.

    To adjust you can generally do so with the supplied wrench depending on current ride height. If everything just spins while on the car, you can remove the lower outer control arm bolt, (supporting with a jack and slowly lowering) to get some of the pressure off and make the adjustment that way. It really depends!

    Cheers Sean!
    Thanks, Greg! The tip about using a jack to relieve pressure could come in very handy. With regards to the installer setting rear 5mm higher, I'm not convinced they did. If anything I think they set it 7mm (one turn) lower. That said, I'm going to check all the measurements before I go doing anything. I only have 1,000 miles or so on the kit so I imagine it has settled some but not completely. I would normally leave it be until 2k, but I have a track day on Sunday and am concerned about the handling being off at speed. I'll definitely be adjusting again at 2,000. But before I do any of that I have to get myself out a VCDS screw up from messing with the rear brakes .
    2017 Audi TTS
    2002 VW GTI 337
    1996 Toyota 4runner
    2008 Triumph Bonneville
    2016 Harley Davidson Sportster

  7. #287
    Stage 3 Forum Advertiser Four Rings Excelerate Rep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 14 2014
    AZ Member #
    145469
    My Garage
    Audi's
    Location
    Branford, CT

    Quote Originally Posted by seank13 View Post
    Thanks, Greg! The tip about using a jack to relieve pressure could come in very handy. With regards to the installer setting rear 5mm higher, I'm not convinced they did. If anything I think they set it 7mm (one turn) lower. That said, I'm going to check all the measurements before I go doing anything. I only have 1,000 miles or so on the kit so I imagine it has settled some but not completely. I would normally leave it be until 2k, but I have a track day on Sunday and am concerned about the handling being off at speed. I'll definitely be adjusting again at 2,000. But before I do any of that I have to get myself out a VCDS screw up from messing with the rear brakes .
    I definitely understand that! I don't see anything wrong with your plan of action.

  8. #288
    Stage 3 Forum Advertiser Four Rings Excelerate Rep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 14 2014
    AZ Member #
    145469
    My Garage
    Audi's
    Location
    Branford, CT

    @Lusky - Track Pack Equipped.... also equipped with a crap ton of horsepower. Installed, Purchased and built by MSS Kits Dealer - Iroz Motorsport.


  9. #289
    Senior Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Mar 22 2016
    AZ Member #
    370656
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV

    Quote Originally Posted by Excelerate Rep View Post
    @Lusky - Track Pack Equipped.... also equipped with a crap ton of horsepower. Installed, Purchased and built by MSS Kits Dealer - Iroz Motorsport.

    First startup should be today. 60 miles engine break in then swap out the break in oil; then 700 miles of driving to break in the clutchpacks on a conservative 700whp tune. Suspension will get a chance to settle then


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  10. #290
    Established Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Jun 14 2017
    AZ Member #
    401119
    Location
    Hopatcong NJ

    When are you bringing the car to Sparta? I’d like to drive it.
    2017 Ibis TT 11/4/2017 || Austins-Michelin Snows 11/17 || MSS KIT 2/18 || StopTech ST40 BBK 3/22 || REMUS valved axle back exhaust w/black tips 5/1 || Black Optic grill 5/31 Black Optic mirror caps 9/22 ll
    NEUSPEED RSE10 18/9/45 5/31 || Michelin Sport 4S 245/40/18 5/31 || 034 Motorsport res delete 6/5 ll 034 Motorsports rear sway bar and links 10/25 lol NEUSPEED RSe52 18/9/40 Michelin Snows 245/40/18 11/18

  11. #291
    Established Member Two Rings DKo5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 25 2014
    AZ Member #
    277679
    Location
    SoCal

    Quote Originally Posted by Lusky View Post
    First startup should be today. 60 miles engine break in then swap out the break in oil; then 700 miles of driving to break in the clutchpacks on a conservative 700whp tune. Suspension will get a chance to settle then


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    700whp? Jeez. E85 I assume? Should be quite the beast!

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  12. #292
    Senior Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Mar 22 2016
    AZ Member #
    370656
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV

    MK3 TT MSS Spring Kits - We want to know, are you interested?

    Quote Originally Posted by DKo5 View Post
    700whp? Jeez. E85 I assume? Should be quite the beast!

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Yes e85. That is just the break in tune; Iroz will turn it up soon


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  13. #293
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Aug 09 2017
    AZ Member #
    404592
    My Garage
    ‘16 VW GTI heavily modified
    Location
    Beaumont/Alberta/Canada

    Quote Originally Posted by Lusky View Post
    Yes e85. That is just the break in tune; Iroz will turn it up soon


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    Very envious of your build, I wish I had a Hank in my backyard! Just installed his DP & MP, almost a crime to hide those perfect weld in a place that is seldom seen. Ordered his ECU/TCU tuning also so I can get rid of the PO420 cat MIL. I might have to line something up for a trip south next winter and have Hank massage something in the way of a big turbo into my car :)

    Cheers!

  14. #294
    Stage 3 Forum Advertiser Four Rings Excelerate Rep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 14 2014
    AZ Member #
    145469
    My Garage
    Audi's
    Location
    Branford, CT

    Quote Originally Posted by Cale262 View Post
    Very envious of your build, I wish I had a Hank in my backyard! Just installed his DP & MP, almost a crime to hide those perfect weld in a place that is seldom seen. Ordered his ECU/TCU tuning also so I can get rid of the PO420 cat MIL. I might have to line something up for a trip south next winter and have Hank massage something in the way of a big turbo into my car :)

    Cheers!
    Peer pressure

  15. #295
    Senior Member Two Rings kevinlee709's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 31 2014
    AZ Member #
    269581
    Location
    Toronto

    anyone with the track pack and fully lowered? I'd like to see what the fitment is like at the max. Thanks!
    current : TT 8S Build Thread | M235xi
    previous : 1M | SQ5 | MKV GTI | MKV R32 | MK7 R
    instagram : _k____l_

  16. #296
    Stage 3 Forum Advertiser Four Rings Excelerate Rep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 14 2014
    AZ Member #
    145469
    My Garage
    Audi's
    Location
    Branford, CT

    Quote Originally Posted by kevinlee709 View Post
    anyone with the track pack and fully lowered? I'd like to see what the fitment is like at the max. Thanks!

    Williams Black Coupe is equipped fully lowered on track pack. Ill find and post the photos.

  17. #297
    Senior Member Two Rings kevinlee709's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 31 2014
    AZ Member #
    269581
    Location
    Toronto

    Quote Originally Posted by Excelerate Rep View Post
    Williams Black Coupe is equipped fully lowered on track pack. Ill find and post the photos.
    thanks!
    current : TT 8S Build Thread | M235xi
    previous : 1M | SQ5 | MKV GTI | MKV R32 | MK7 R
    instagram : _k____l_

  18. #298
    Senior Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Mar 08 2015
    AZ Member #
    319241
    Location
    Toronto

    Does TTS have MRS?

  19. #299
    Established Member Three Rings Chuckster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 18 2017
    AZ Member #
    393575
    My Garage
    '17 TTS & '16 Q3
    Location
    Socal

    Yes

  20. #300
    Stage 3 Forum Advertiser Four Rings Excelerate Rep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 14 2014
    AZ Member #
    145469
    My Garage
    Audi's
    Location
    Branford, CT

    Quote Originally Posted by reyoasian View Post
    Does TTS have MRS?
    Indeed they do.

  21. #301
    Stage 3 Forum Advertiser Four Rings Excelerate Rep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 14 2014
    AZ Member #
    145469
    My Garage
    Audi's
    Location
    Branford, CT

    Don't forget about the 10% off we're running on MSS Kits either. Valid until Sunday.




    Williams Coupe!



  22. #302
    Established Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Jun 14 2017
    AZ Member #
    401119
    Location
    Hopatcong NJ

    Am I a baby if this sale irritates me?
    2017 Ibis TT 11/4/2017 || Austins-Michelin Snows 11/17 || MSS KIT 2/18 || StopTech ST40 BBK 3/22 || REMUS valved axle back exhaust w/black tips 5/1 || Black Optic grill 5/31 Black Optic mirror caps 9/22 ll
    NEUSPEED RSE10 18/9/45 5/31 || Michelin Sport 4S 245/40/18 5/31 || 034 Motorsport res delete 6/5 ll 034 Motorsports rear sway bar and links 10/25 lol NEUSPEED RSe52 18/9/40 Michelin Snows 245/40/18 11/18

  23. #303
    Established Member Three Rings Chuckster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 18 2017
    AZ Member #
    393575
    My Garage
    '17 TTS & '16 Q3
    Location
    Socal

    Yes :) 🚨🚑🍼

  24. #304
    Established Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Jun 14 2017
    AZ Member #
    401119
    Location
    Hopatcong NJ

    happy 420 chuck
    2017 Ibis TT 11/4/2017 || Austins-Michelin Snows 11/17 || MSS KIT 2/18 || StopTech ST40 BBK 3/22 || REMUS valved axle back exhaust w/black tips 5/1 || Black Optic grill 5/31 Black Optic mirror caps 9/22 ll
    NEUSPEED RSE10 18/9/45 5/31 || Michelin Sport 4S 245/40/18 5/31 || 034 Motorsport res delete 6/5 ll 034 Motorsports rear sway bar and links 10/25 lol NEUSPEED RSe52 18/9/40 Michelin Snows 245/40/18 11/18

  25. #305
    Stage 3 Forum Advertiser Four Rings Excelerate Rep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 14 2014
    AZ Member #
    145469
    My Garage
    Audi's
    Location
    Branford, CT

    Quote Originally Posted by ourlee View Post
    Am I a baby if this sale irritates me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
    Yes :) 🚨🚑🍼
    Rick, you and Chuck crack me up. This was a last minute deal proposed by someone and someone twisted my arm to make this happen.

    If anyone else needs anything in the future, I will do my best to work my magic on other parts. You guys have my e-mail information.

    Cheers!

  26. #306
    Established Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Jun 14 2017
    AZ Member #
    401119
    Location
    Hopatcong NJ

    To cry about your awesome sale is to hate capitalism and America. I’m just teasing.
    2017 Ibis TT 11/4/2017 || Austins-Michelin Snows 11/17 || MSS KIT 2/18 || StopTech ST40 BBK 3/22 || REMUS valved axle back exhaust w/black tips 5/1 || Black Optic grill 5/31 Black Optic mirror caps 9/22 ll
    NEUSPEED RSE10 18/9/45 5/31 || Michelin Sport 4S 245/40/18 5/31 || 034 Motorsport res delete 6/5 ll 034 Motorsports rear sway bar and links 10/25 lol NEUSPEED RSe52 18/9/40 Michelin Snows 245/40/18 11/18

  27. #307
    Registered Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Jul 30 2015
    AZ Member #
    345921
    My Garage
    2011 Q5, 2012 S5, 2018 TTRS
    Location
    Sacramento

    I guess I was a couple weeks too early......no sale price for me....sport pack installed two weeks ago 700 miles.......

  28. #308
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Sep 06 2010
    AZ Member #
    63749
    Location
    Plymouth, MN

    Updated pics with the new summer wheels



    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    Nardo Grey 2018 TTRS | MSS Sport Springs | CTS Intake | 034 Camber Plates | VMR 19" 710FFs with Michelin PS4s
    Phantom Black 2013 RS5
    Midnight Blue 2018 Porsche Macan S

  29. #309
    Stage 3 Forum Advertiser Four Rings Excelerate Rep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 14 2014
    AZ Member #
    145469
    My Garage
    Audi's
    Location
    Branford, CT

    Looks absolutely lovely! The wheels looks perfect on that color with all the black accents.

  30. #310
    Established Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Jun 14 2017
    AZ Member #
    401119
    Location
    Hopatcong NJ

    MSS Kit sitting mid low on my son’s scrawny Sportwagen 18s.
    2017 Ibis TT 11/4/2017 || Austins-Michelin Snows 11/17 || MSS KIT 2/18 || StopTech ST40 BBK 3/22 || REMUS valved axle back exhaust w/black tips 5/1 || Black Optic grill 5/31 Black Optic mirror caps 9/22 ll
    NEUSPEED RSE10 18/9/45 5/31 || Michelin Sport 4S 245/40/18 5/31 || 034 Motorsport res delete 6/5 ll 034 Motorsports rear sway bar and links 10/25 lol NEUSPEED RSe52 18/9/40 Michelin Snows 245/40/18 11/18

  31. #311
    Stage 3 Forum Advertiser Four Rings Excelerate Rep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 14 2014
    AZ Member #
    145469
    My Garage
    Audi's
    Location
    Branford, CT

    Looks great Rick.

  32. #312
    Established Member Two Rings 996CAB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 25 2013
    AZ Member #
    119636
    Location
    Hants

    OK...been a long time since I had a few minutes spare to update on here so here goes.

    MK3 TT-RS roadster order finally turned up in July after 9-mths and I have been busy with completing all the various changes I had been planning for the past year. Plan for this is to mirror my MK2 Roadster - which is still here at 104k miles (hardly driven and offcourse 'one careful owner' - though never for sale ).

    Changes made thus far are as follows...;
    1. MPSA4S 275/30/20;
    2. Refurbed wheel from the OE two tone to Silver with pearl sparkle;
    3. Covered wheels; callipers; body with Gtechniq;
    4. Upgraded rear brakes to 356mm drilled and Ian supplied Carbotech XP10 (had XP12 on MK2...I know I kept saying XP10 in previous posts but it is in fact XP12...denoted by blue compound colour so I was mistaken)
    5. Just upgraded front brake pads with Performance Friction 08 compound pads;
    6. Audi debadged rear so I debadged front;
    7. 10mm hub centric spacers all round from Eibach (who else 😉…);
    8. REVO supplied power as before (reliable; trouble-free; just still working on my MK2 so was a no brainer on the MK3);
    9. Pro-alloy made me an OE size (thus crash barrier not touched) intercooler that is 43% more volume however with a little secret addition which gave 29% additional cooling compared to OE. This was after 6-weeks of work that was originally planned to take 2-weeks…fab work and true British engineering at work here. This addition cured the hesitance issue I had post REVO Stage1 – which was the issue I approached Pro-alloy to resolve. We have also turned-up Boost and car feels pretty strong when on hotter days…we are due on track soon so we shall see and our Tom will be leaning on thus car so I know he will give a view of whether it is good or bad.
    10. Suspension is MagneRide (never in doubt and utterly reliable especially Gen3) however we are now throwing more springs because of the quicker reaction of Gen3 (well done BWI on this and I hear G4 is even better when released around 2021 onwards). Anyway, am running a development MSS ‘LS’ and plan to develop a new / 5th kit for drag racing to be called MSS LC (yep, launch control – took me ages to work out the name…well done William!) and here we really go to town on stiffness…over 3k Ibs/inch spring rates on the rear and still compliant for daily use…you will see. Front is MSS track form our RS3 8V platform - as Roadster weighs a fair bit I went for this stiffer set of springs as opposed to the street version. Car was sitting too low for my liking after slamming it so I raised it 5mm. Springs still settling so I may raise another 5mm....nice to have the capability to adjust on OE shocks.
    11. Anyway, car is now fully done…just waiting on REVO to release DSG map so that I can have comfort mode being less ‘lazy’. If we can mirror PDK functionality then I would be mighty happy.
    12. Went for lower engine mount addition…adds bit of noise but leaving it in for now as the noise is simmering down so might be just initial settling phase.

    Wishlist
    - Some work on the two rear exhaust resonators might be looked at…;
    - DSG box to behave like PDK and I will be extremely happy;
    - Apps to allow us to change VC layout to suit – want IAT info; ability to re-use rear camera for filming; add Audi front mounted traffic camera and also ability to use for filming on track use;
    - Remote roof closure;
    - Ability to set driver seat lower would be might nice for track use;
    - Billet DSG peddles like in our Cayman S would be a lovely touch;

    Pix below - advice if not visible.

    Will share each individual upgraded part over coming weeks as I find time. Am also monitoring few parts from some of you guys to see how you get on before I jump for these to address any issues I do identify.





    Last edited by 996CAB; 09-25-2018 at 02:50 AM.
    William | Founder | MSS

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2018 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.