Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 123 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125 LastLast
Results 4,881 to 4,920 of 4966
    Established Member Two Rings Swat413's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2005 Audi A4 Ultrasport

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by 18NogaroRS3 View Post
    Iím from MA. I would love to get together with a bunch of people.
    Same. We should set something up in the NE Regional section.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by 18NogaroRS3 View Post
    Iím from MA. I would love to get together with a bunch of people.
    so far I think I've counted like 5 people from MA in these forums with RS3's? (Including myself lol)

Veteran Member Three Rings GT-R & S4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

How would you guys compare the performance of the RS3 to other Audi models, in terms of acceleration and handling? Not really comparable to the R8, but I'd be interested to learn how the RS3 measures up against the other Audi models. For reference, I owned a '15 S4 that was Stage II Engine/DSG, with after market intakes, resonated downpipes, and AWE Touring exhaust. It could move.
    '19 Corvette Grand Sport 3LT, Sebring Orange
    '18 Audi S5 Prestige Tango Red//'15 Maserati Granturismo Sport
    '17 MB C63 AMG Cabriolet//'17 Lotus Evora 400
    '15 Audi S4//'14 GT-R//'08 Pontiac G8 GT
    '11 Cadillac CTS-V Wagon//'09 GT-R
    '12 Mitsubishi EVO MR//'07 BMW M6 Coupe
    '09 Cadillac CTS-V//'05 Audi S4
    '06 Infiniti M35 Sport//'04 Subaru STi
    '02 Subaru WRX//TWO '91 GMC Syclones
    '86 Buick Grand National//'64 Rambler

AZ Member #

I came from a B8.5 S4 also. This car drives completely differently. I picked mine up in November and didn't have much of a chance to push it through twisties, but it is definitely lighter and more responsive feeling. The torque curve is also much more noticeable than the linear curve of the S4. Definitely faster than a stock S4, probably more comparable to a single pulley stage 2 S4 running pump. In for others opinions also though.

Veteran Member Three Rings GT-R & S4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by jl87 View Post
    I came from a B8.5 S4 also. This car drives completely differently. I picked mine up in November and didn't have much of a chance to push it through twisties, but it is definitely lighter and more responsive feeling. The torque curve is also much more noticeable than the linear curve of the S4. Definitely faster than a stock S4, probably more comparable to a single pulley stage 2 S4 running pump. In for others opinions also though.
    Kind of what I thought. The Stage II tune I had, along with aftermarket intakes, downpipes, and exhaust, really woke the S4 up. But it was such a hassle with the cat and mouse game of hiding the tune from Audi. I know you, "Gotta pay to play", but in addition to the expense of tuning to stock and then back to the tune, it is a hassle because my closest tuner is not in the area I live. So while the RS3 is probably at least the performance equal to S4's similarly modded like mine, you'd have to go with a tune to best that. And then it's here we go again. I once looked at an RS7 and that certainly has really great performance stock, but I just don't like the look at all. That just leaves the V10 R8, but that's out of my price range (and very little cargo space).
    '19 Corvette Grand Sport 3LT, Sebring Orange
    '18 Audi S5 Prestige Tango Red//'15 Maserati Granturismo Sport
    '17 MB C63 AMG Cabriolet//'17 Lotus Evora 400
    '15 Audi S4//'14 GT-R//'08 Pontiac G8 GT
    '11 Cadillac CTS-V Wagon//'09 GT-R
    '12 Mitsubishi EVO MR//'07 BMW M6 Coupe
    '09 Cadillac CTS-V//'05 Audi S4
    '06 Infiniti M35 Sport//'04 Subaru STi
    '02 Subaru WRX//TWO '91 GMC Syclones
    '86 Buick Grand National//'64 Rambler

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

I (still) have a B8.5 S4, stage 1, 6MT, intake and AWE touring exhaust, and an RS3. The RS3 is probably (butt dyno test only) quicker, and is certainly more nimble, but I do like the linear curve of a supercharged engine better than that of the RS3.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

2018 Ara Blue, stuck at port. The wait is killing me.

On a separate note, anyone have thoughts on the Ara Blue with red stitching? I took over this from someone else's order that backed out but now I'm second guessing my decision. I'm worried it's going to look really funky/too busy.

Established Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post

On a separate note, anyone have thoughts on the Ara Blue with red stitching? I took over this from someone else's order that backed out but now I'm second guessing my decision. I'm worried it's going to look really funky/too busy.

It's not uncommon, if it has the dynamic pack the red calipers will help tie it all together. Here's a video of one;

Established Member Two Rings motopix's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post

I think it would look good. Breaks up the cabin color a bit.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by GT-R & S4 View Post
    How would you guys compare the performance of the RS3 to other Audi models, in terms of acceleration and handling? Not really comparable to the R8, but I'd be interested to learn how the RS3 measures up against the other Audi models. For reference, I owned a '15 S4 that was Stage II Engine/DSG, with after market intakes, resonated downpipes, and AWE Touring exhaust. It could move.
    I was impressed when it was pitted against an R8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrkAv0JF7sE

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Potatohead_RS3 View Post
    It's not uncommon, if it has the dynamic pack the red calipers will help tie it all together. Here's a video of one;

not a good reference video as for some reason, that RS3 does not have the red vents. though it does look better like that. i turned down one because of all the red but that one is more subtle, not bad. after all this waiting i'll take any goddamn color stitching lol.

Veteran Member Three Rings S4tranquility's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by speeddemon69 View Post
    not a good reference video as for some reason, that RS3 does not have the red vents. though it does look better like that. i turned down one because of all the red but that one is more subtle, not bad. after all this waiting i'll take any goddamn color stitching lol.
    You can order just the red stitching in the seats for no additional charge. The RS Design Package ($1000) adds the red vents, alcantara knee pads, arm rests, and other bits like the RS floor mats...
    2013 Monsoon 6MT S4, GIAC dual pulley 3.18 ratio
    Former: B5 S4 120+ club; Sleeper, Stages, and more B5 S4 vids

AZ Member #

didn't see that option but anyway its too late now lol, and the one in the video had everything red minus the vents. Also if my SA calls me that he got an extra RS3 in stock in nardo with red stitching then I'll cancel my current order since mine is still 3-4 months away.

AZ Member #

Other markets the red stitching and red vents are separate things, that car is in the UK. In Canada you can get red stitching but the red vents are not an option at all.

I always thought this one was interesting, it has a body colored front blade option, alu-optics for the grille, mirrors and window frames, and black optics for the rear diffuser. I believe this is in The Netherlands

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Just got word from my dealer that they got an allocation and placed my order! And now the long wait begins.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by iceman302 View Post
    Just got word from my dealer that they got an allocation and placed my order! And now the long wait begins.
    How long did that take after you spec'd the car out and paid the small up front payment?

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by PowerStroke View Post
    How long did that take after you spec'd the car out and paid the small up front payment?
    Will depend on the dealer, larger Audi Sport dealers will be faster. Mine took a month.

AZ Member #

Just under 4 weeks.

AZ Member #

Will depend on the dealer, larger Audi Sport dealers will be faster. Mine took a month.
    Just under 4 weeks.
    What are you guys talking about? 4 weeks to get your cars? Or to place the order?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by speeddemon69 View Post
    What are you guys talking about? 4 weeks to get your cars? Or to place the order?

Sounds like from initial order to allocation of the specific unit for production.

AZ Member #

Sounds like from initial order to allocation of the specific unit for production.
    Correct. Iíve been told April or May before the car arrives. Weíll see if that timetable holds.

AZ Member #

I always thought this one was interesting, it has a body colored front blade option, alu-optics for the grille, mirrors and window frames, and black optics for the rear diffuser. I believe this is in The Netherlands
    Europe gets more a la carte options... which I like. Much more customization.
    2018 Audi RS3 - DSG - Nardo Grey - Black Optics - Sport Exhaust - Tech - Black Rotors
    2013 VW GTI - DSG - Candy White - UNI Stage 2 - CTS Intake - Euroswitch - Golf R LED Tailis - UNI Downpipe - Akrapovic Cat-Back Exhaust - OEM Euro Front Lip - H&R Sport Springs -- SOLD
    2011 VW GTI - 6speed - Carbon Steel Grey - APR Stage 2 - Carbonio Intake - Euroswitch - Golf R LED Taills - RAI Turboback Exhaust -- SOLD

AZ Member #

Correct. Iíve been told April or May before the car arrives. Weíll see if that timetable holds.
    iíll be ordering mine soon. probably have a similar timeframe (hopefully?)
    2018 RS3 (Daytona Grey, tech, dynamic, RS design)

AZ Member #

iíll be ordering mine soon. probably have a similar timeframe (hopefully?)
    I would think so. Iíll know more once my order progresses further.

AZ Member #

I put my deposit down Nov 5, got allocation Dec 1, car is slated to be built first week of Feb, delivery last week of April to first week of May. I think most of the US is a little faster (especially east coast) because for here they ship to Halifax and then it has to come across the whole country on a train .

Quote Originally Posted by lalalaprise View Post
    Europe gets more a la carte options... which I like. Much more customization.
    Yes but that car is 100k euros in Holland

Veteran Member Three Rings Burningcoals's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I put my deposit down Nov 5, got allocation Dec 1, car is slated to be built first week of Feb, delivery last week of April to first week of May. I think most of the US is a little faster (especially east coast) because for here they ship to Halifax and then it has to come across the whole country on a train .

Yes but that car is 100k euros in Holland
    I have the exact same timeline
    • Current: 2018 Audi RS3 - 2000 Audi S4 3L
    • B5 S4 FATS TiAL R770 2.06 FATS VIDEO
    • B5 S4 Pump GAS 5.7 60-130 92oct + Meth
    • B5 S4 4.7 100-200kmh 92oct + Meth

AZ Member #

Maybe the timeframe I was given is a bit optimistic then. If youíre correct, then mine might not arrive until at least June.

Senior Member Three Rings FuzzyHat's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Question regarding the vents in the backseat, are they in sync with driver side or passenger side of the dual-zone climate control?
    2018 RS3 - APR Stage 1+ - APR Turbo Inlet System - Eurocode FMIC - KW H.A.S. Springs - Milltek Bypass Pipes
    IG: fuzzyhat

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyHat View Post
    Question regarding the vents in the backseat, are they in sync with driver side or passenger side of the dual-zone climate control?
    Most likely fed by both sides combining the two. My GTI is like that anyway.

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Just wanted to say I will be joining the RS club. Just put my deposit down for 2018 Audi Exclusive Nogaro Blue RS3. Now does anyone know how or where I go to get updates on the progress of the build? The dealer wasnt sure. These next few months are going to be painful but can't wait!
    Current: 2018 Audi Exclusive Nogaro Blue RS3 w/Black optics, Tech, Dynamic, Drivers Assistance, RS Design Packages, Carbon Inlays, Carbon Mirror

Past: 2014 Black S4 DSG/1999 Eclipse GSX

Veteran Member Four Rings dazed1's Avatar
    AZ Member #

You probably won't have your car till June or July. Which possibly will put it as a 2019 build. The dealer can sign you up for customer in waiting emails. You'll get an email only on major milestones. Normal build time is 4-5 months assuming the dealer has an allocation. Exclusive adds another 2-3 months.

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by dazed1 View Post
    You probably won't have your car till June or July. Which possibly will put it as a 2019 build. The dealer can sign you up for customer in waiting emails. You'll get an email only on major milestones. Normal build time is 4-5 months assuming the dealer has an allocation. Exclusive adds another 2-3 months.
    Well hopefully it won't take that long but either way it's gunna feel like eternity.

So is there anyone out there that has gotten an audi exclusive color that can comment on their build time?
    Current: 2018 Audi Exclusive Nogaro Blue RS3 w/Black optics, Tech, Dynamic, Drivers Assistance, RS Design Packages, Carbon Inlays, Carbon Mirror

Past: 2014 Black S4 DSG/1999 Eclipse GSX

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by hckymstr19 View Post
    Well hopefully it won't take that long but either way it's gunna feel like eternity.

So is there anyone out there that has gotten an audi exclusive color that can comment on their build time?
    There was a member with a viper green but he hasnít been around much since he got it, probably driving the wheels off it. I think his ended up being close to nine months though if I remember correctly.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by dazed1 View Post
    when do they start becoming 2019 builds? the one i'm ordering next week is not an exclusive color, and the dealer told me 5-6 months for delivery.

AZ Member #

when do they start becoming 2019 builds? the one i'm ordering next week is not an exclusive color, and the dealer told me 5-6 months for delivery.
    They typically switch over about June/July.

AZ Member #

They typically switch over about June/July.
    Interesting, so with the lead times dealers are quoting now, wouldn't that mean production would have to switch over the the 2019 model soon? I can't find any information on the specs/changes for the 2019 rs3 sedan on the internet.

AZ Member #

Ok so has anyone had their sales associate quit Audi while your waiting for your order? I knew this was not going to be a smooth transaction. At this point i feel like giving up and just buying a TTS. Now i guess i gotta go to the dealer and talk to the manager sort shit out.

AZ Member #

Interesting, so with the lead times dealers are quoting now, wouldn't that mean production would have to switch over the the 2019 model soon? I can't find any information on the specs/changes for the 2019 rs3 sedan on the internet.
    Production switches in summer, ordering will start in spring. Youíll know for sure when they get an allocation, they will let you know if it will be a 2019 model. You wonít know if there is any changes until he dealers get the order guides typically in the spring, but I wouldnít expect anything major other than a $500 or so MSRP bump

Veteran Member Four Rings dazed1's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Yes - Happened to me for my previous Audi. Go talk to the manager. Your car is ordered and will show up to the dealer it is ordered from regardless of SA. You will just deal with someone else when it comes in.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Hi all, first time poster here and prospective RS3 buyer! I wanted to get an opinion on this offer:

New 2018 RS3, Nardo Grey, tech package, dynamic package, black optic package, RS carbon inlays, USB cables: $62,535 asking price.

After haggling: 6% off MSRP. $62,535 - $3,700 "discount" = $58,835.
    Then there are the following fees in addition to the discount: + $500 "tint" + $600 dealer service charge + $625 "out of state fees." Does this sound like a good deal? Tints I understand are typically a way for the dealer to increase its profit margin. Dealer service charge is non-negotiable at Audi dealers in my experience. What about the out of state fees component?

Any input is welcome. Thanks!

Page 123 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125 LastLast