Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223
    Established Member Two Rings infinitereality's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Superlite Coupe (SLC), Hayabusa, CRF50

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by ericw. View Post
    I'm not sure of any way to do that but if you have VCDS, Ross tech support can tell you for sure.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I do, not sure why I didn't think of that. If I find out, I'll post back.
    2017 Superlite Coupe (SLC)
    - 19"/20" Forgestar F14s, Full Carbon Fiber Interior
    - 525HP Crate LS3 & Graziano Transaxle
    2014 Audi S7 - Avery Dark Gray Wrap
    - 21" ADV.1 Track Spec ADV510 Wheels & RS7 Bumper/Grill
    - APR Stage 1, Roc-Euro Intake, FL Taillights, JL Sub/Amp In Factory Enclosure
    - Carbon Fiber Diffuser, Splitter, Mirrors, Interior Trim, Paddles, Shifter

Veteran Member Three Rings 4Chio's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I was messing around in the snow last night. when the traction control would come on for over A second the headlights would lower down. never see this before
    2018 S6 Prestige sport
    2014 991 Cab C4S
    2018 S4 Prestige
    2017 Q7 Prestige
    (sold)
    2016 S3 Monsoon Gray Prestige | Sport seats| 19's W/ mag ride| Milltek Res valve
    2013 X5 M, 08 A6 4.2 Sline, 08 :.R32 ,07 S4 White/Black, 04 S4 6MT,

Veteran Member Four Rings The Infiltrator's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2018 S6 Prestige, 2016 GMC Sierra SLT & 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Sterling Edition (GF's SUV)

What size socket is the front brake caliper bolts? Non of my sockets fit this damn thing and I just want to put the ceramic pads on.

Also, for the lug bolt caps on the stock wheels. Are they the grey or silver ones?

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-original...601173az37~kt/
    2018 Audi S6 Prestige | Black Optic | S Sport | Driver Assist | Carbon Atlas
    Power Stop Ceramic Brake Pads | ECSTuning 17.5mm Wheel Spacers | ECSTuning Black Coolant & Washer Caps | Lowered 15mm w/VCDS | 20% Window Tint

2010 Audi A4 Premium+ (SOLD) Build Thread

Active Member Two Rings Pete6641's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    mk4 VW GTI

Quote Originally Posted by The Infiltrator View Post
    What size socket is the front brake caliper bolts? Non of my sockets fit this damn thing and I just want to put the ceramic pads on.

Also, for the lug bolt caps on the stock wheels. Are they the grey or silver ones?

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-original...601173az37~kt/
    I don't think that bolt pictured is the correct bolt to remove the caliper, I think that bolt holds the caliper together and you should not remove those or the caliper will split

Sent from my SM-G950U using Audizine mobile app

Active Member Two Rings Pete6641's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    mk4 VW GTI

Look on the back side for little plastic caps in rubber covering a Allen head or torx head slider pin bolt I don't remember doing brakes on any audi that new so I'm not sure exactly but usually the correct bolts are on the backside of the caliper....btw there is no stupid questions it's best to ask if you don't know, it's easier to f it up than it is to fix it better safe than sorry

Veteran Member Three Rings widebodyfx's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 RS7-P

The 2 weird bolts on the front calipers require a special socket to remove the caliper from the carrier, you can get the assembly off the spindle at the carrier with a regular tool.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    ///TWCompetition 2016 RS7

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2018 S6 Prestige, 2016 GMC Sierra SLT & 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Sterling Edition (GF's SUV)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete6641 View Post
    Look on the back side for little plastic caps in rubber covering a Allen head or torx head slider pin bolt I don't remember doing brakes on any audi that new so I'm not sure exactly but usually the correct bolts are on the backside of the caliper....btw there is no stupid questions it's best to ask if you don't know, it's easier to f it up than it is to fix it better safe than sorry

It's the same PN on ECS and shows a silver and grey but both labeled grey. I'll just get the one that looks like mine I guess. Lol
    Power Stop Ceramic Brake Pads | ECSTuning 17.5mm Wheel Spacers | ECSTuning Black Coolant & Washer Caps | Lowered 15mm w/VCDS | 20% Window Tint

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by The Infiltrator View Post
    It's the same PN on ECS and shows a silver and grey but both labeled grey. I'll just get the one that looks like mine I guess. Lol
    If you are just swapping pads do not remove the bolt in the picture you sent. You remove the two 21mm stretch bolts and take the entire caliper off. You’ll then want to reuse the shims (otherwise they are silly expensive). There are a couple good diy threads — the factory manual also has some good info.

Good luck!

2016 Daytona Gray S7. Black optics + sport pkg. Stage 3, eurocode stuff, cosmetic stuff.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by widebodyfx View Post
    The 2 weird bolts on the front calipers require a special socket to remove the caliper from the carrier, you can get the assembly off the spindle at the carrier with a regular tool.

Thanks man. I haven't changed Audi brakes for a few years and forgot. They're changed now and ready to go.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kpriv View Post
    If you are just swapping pads do not remove the bolt in the picture you sent. You remove the two 21mm stretch bolts and take the entire caliper off. You’ll then want to reuse the shims (otherwise they are silly expensive). There are a couple good diy threads — the factory manual also has some good info.

Good luck!

I read that before I did the pads but thanks for the heads up!! I also saw how much those things cost. Insane!

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

What differences in tuning options are there for a Gen2 3.0T Motor with the bolt on pulley vs the older press on style? I have a 2016 A6 with the 3.0T and I believe I have the newer style. Someone I spoke to yesterday mentioned that Unitronic doesn't have a Stage II with pulley upgrade option for that due to the pulley difference? Anyone know if that is true? Quick searches seem like the only tuning options is APR with the newer pulley style.

Thanks in advance! I am new to all of this :)

Established Member Three Rings GID's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by kennysexypants View Post
    What differences in tuning options are there for a Gen2 3.0T Motor with the bolt on pulley vs the older press on style? I have a 2016 A6 with the 3.0T and I believe I have the newer style. Someone I spoke to yesterday mentioned that Unitronic doesn't have a Stage II with pulley upgrade option for that due to the pulley difference? Anyone know if that is true? Quick searches seem like the only tuning options is APR with the newer pulley style.

Thanks in advance! I am new to all of this :)
    EPL has a DP stage 2

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
    2016 A7 - Dakota Gray
    Stage 2 - Ported Supercharger - 75mm TB - MercRacing HX - Custom mandrel bent downpipe - Custom mandrel bent exhaust

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Where do I change tire pressure from hieroglyphics to PSI?
    Last edited by Chiromikey; Yesterday at 09:19 PM.

Veteran Member Three Rings widebodyfx's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 RS7-P

Units of measure under menu> setup mmi
    ///TWCompetition 2016 RS7

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Who designed the top small cup holder? Need to share some feedback.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by widebodyfx View Post
    Units of measure under menu> setup mmi
    Thanks. It wouldn’t allow access to the set up screen with the key in the on position so I thought it was looking in the wrong place. Once I started the car the set up menu was no longer greyed out.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223