Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 81 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,240 of 3924
    Established Member Three Rings PeteRock's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by p3u View Post
    If the flaps weren't positioned correctly when installed you have to disassemble. Double check the vac lines to the solinoids before tearing it apart to insure they are in the correct location as well.
    So the blower was installed correctly and the flaps are open and all the lines are good.

The installer just called and told me that theres also a fault code for secondary air intake issues. I just had the APR Intake swapped for the open element ECS Intake so I dont know what the issue could be. Im thinking that this could be what is causing the fault codes for the intake manifold flaps as well.

Thoughts?

Pete

Senior Member Four Rings whiped's Avatar
    AZ Member #

SAI is unrelated to the flaps...

I ran around with my SAI completely unplugged for like 3 months before getting it tuned out.

A friend just went through something similar with his car and it was the little solenoid check valve things for the flaps.

Geoff
    '13 S4 - Glacier White | DSG | 034 Stage 2++ | Current Setup
    452WHP / 443WTQ | 11.352 @ 119.26 | 034 Featured User

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by whiped View Post
    SAI is unrelated to the flaps...

I ran around with my SAI completely unplugged for like 3 months before getting it tuned out.

A friend just went through something similar with his car and it was the little solenoid check valve things for the flaps.

Ok got it....Ill have them check that out....

Do you think that flashing the tune to the 104 Octane File could cause this issue?

My logs showed no issues with AFR or Fuel Pressure at the Rail or Pump

Just issues pulling timing

Pete

AZ Member #

Probably unrelated but you can flash back to the pump tune to be sure.
    Geoff

AZ Member #

Probably unrelated but you can flash back to the pump tune to be sure.
    Ok cool....no issues with solenoids or check valves either

The ecu times out when they try and run a test and it rejects it

They said that they removed the tube into the airbox that comes from the secondary air pump as well

No idea what else to do here....

IMG_0490.jpg

Pete

AZ Member #

Is the engine on when they are doing these? Did the put in the security access?

Sometimes things will be a bit wonky. I'd try flashing back to a known good setup then diagnose from there. Chasing down these random issues suck :(
    Geoff

AZ Member #

Sometimes things will be a bit wonky. I'd try flashing back to a known good setup then diagnose from there. Chasing down these random issues suck :(
    Engine off and security access entered

It really sucks! Taking it in for a Re-Flash tomorrow morning....

Pete

AZ Member #

So all troubleshooting for these codes was completed and everything checked out. No vacuum leaks, no carbon buildup, no damaged wiring harnesses etc.

As I was doing a final check for myself I noticed that my top engine cover wasnt secured so I tried to clip it on with no luck. I then noticed that the tabs didnt line up to the new blower. It looked like they were lined up on opposite sides.

After looking a little further I realized that the new blower looked different than the previous blower. Im adding a side by side comparison so you can see. The blower on the left was on my car and gave me no issues. The blower on the right is the one that I just had installed and have had the issues with.

If you take a look at the tops of the blowers you can see that the shapes of the left and right sides are different. They are basically reversed which is why my engine cover doesnt fit.

Im also adding a screenshot of a comment made by Loe on the Jokerz thread about different blowers having different vacuum assemblies for the manifold flaps.

Im really starting to think that this could be the issue. I reached out to Jokerz last night and am waiting to hear back.

Thoughts?

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0493.jpg

Pete

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '14 Audi S5, '18 BMW 540i, '17 Jetta SE

fwiw, the manifold sensors are different amounts different variations of the TVS R1320 blowers too, some have a 45* style connector, some don't. The vacuum assembly is what gets me the most confused, I'm not sure why it would be different between, but there are differences. I don't recall off the top of my head.

You should in theory be able to swap the assemblies from one blower to another, however I cannot confirm this or confirm if its a 100% clean swap. I lucked out when I found a blower to swap, the doneer car was an "AN" blower like the one that came off my car so everything was a clean swap.

What suffix's are your blowers?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PeteRock View Post
    Ok cool....no issues with solenoids or check valves either

The ecu times out when they try and run a test and it rejects it

They said that they removed the tube into the airbox that comes from the secondary air pump as well

No idea what else to do here....

IMG_0490.jpg

Pete
    are you doing this with the engine started or just with the ignition on?
    -Loe P.-
    Audizine Forum Moderator

('14 Audi S5 S-tronic )
    [10.930@127.38mph | +1209 ft. D/A | 3.371 PR]

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Loe View Post
    fwiw, the manifold sensors are different amounts different variations of the TVS R1320 blowers too, some have a 45* style connector, some don't. The vacuum assembly is what gets me the most confused, I'm not sure why it would be different between, but there are differences. I don't recall off the top of my head.

You should in theory be able to swap the assemblies from one blower to another, however I cannot confirm this or confirm if its a 100% clean swap. I lucked out when I found a blower to swap, the doneer car was an "AN" blower like the one that came off my car so everything was a clean swap.

What suffix's are your blowers?

- - - Updated - - -

are you doing this with the engine started or just with the ignition on?
    I can only verify the suffix on the blower that is on my car now but Ill have to pull the cover off and check. Not sure what the suffix was on the previous blower but that one gave me no issues.

I know its a cosmetic thing but it seems off to me that the cover wouldnt line up and that the sides seem reversed. Ill pull the cover off and get the suffix code shortly....

All code scanning was done with the ignition on and engine not running

Pete

AZ Member #

I can only verify the suffix on the blower that is on my car now but Ill have to pull the cover off and check. Not sure what the suffix was on the previous blower but that one gave me no issues.

I know its a cosmetic thing but it seems off to me that the cover wouldnt line up and that the sides seem reversed. Ill pull the cover off and get the suffix code shortly....

All code scanning was done with the ignition on and engine not running

Pete
    So the Blower is neither the L or AN so this may be the problem.....

Looks like its a BC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZ Member #

So the Blower is neither the L or AN so this may be the problem.....

Looks like its a BC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ok so the saga continues.....one last twist and turn.....the functioning Blower was the BC and the new one that has been giving me issues is a G

The piece that has the ID sticker on it had to be swapped in order to get the Bottom Engine Cover to fit....

Anyone have knowledge if these are supposedly interchangeable?

Im looking into this now.

Pete

AZ Member #

Ok so the saga continues.....one last twist and turn.....the functioning Blower was the BC and the new one that has been giving me issues is a G

The piece that has the ID sticker on it had to be swapped in order to get the Bottom Engine Cover to fit....

Anyone have knowledge if these are supposedly interchangeable?

Im looking into this now.

Pete
    BC Blowers are listed and sold through Audi and ECS as a direct fit for my car....

G Blowers are not even listed in Audi and ECSs parts catalogs and are only for sale through eBay in the UK and Germany

They list them for A6, A7 and Q7 models....

Pete

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

I guess that issue should be moved to the Joker's thread ? Now I'm worried about mine... :S
    S4 B8.5 no track, just enjoying spirited driving.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by waxxonMTL View Post
    I guess that issue should be moved to the Joker's thread ? Now I'm worried about mine... :S
    Haha! I think youre safe!

I did more research and then took the car to my buddy over at Audi and he said that the G Blower is fine....its just the covers that dont fit correctly although we can modify them to make them fit.

More importantly they figured it out after some more tests....it actually was a vacuum hose issue that was causing the flaps not to open and its fixed now :)

The car is running perfectly and its a BEAST!

Pete

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Hell yeah !! thanks for the speaker btw ! I'm picking them up tomorrow. Looking forward to unleash extra powa.
    S4 B8.5 no track, just enjoying spirited driving.

Veteran Member Four Rings cspcrx's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2009 Tacoma, 2007 Harley Softail, 1986 Honda CRX

great news! Good information you may still want to cross post incase someone in that thread runs into a similar issue.
    2012 Ibis P+ / DSG / Silk Napa / B&O / Sport Diff. / ADS lite / MMI & Nav / APR Stage 2 & TCU Tuned / 184mm KI LIL BITCH / ECS Kohlefaser Luft-Technik Intake / AMS Alpha Cooler / ECS 2-Piece Rotors / Akebono Pads / VMR 803 19x9.5 ET45 265-35-19 PSS / ECS Drivetrain Bushing Inserts / CR-15

12.3 @ 112mph 2288DA on 93oct file Stage 2

THEN THEN THEN Rinse & Repeat!

Established Member Two Rings one_sk's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2010 S4

Can you please give details on how do you tune out the SAI exactly?
    2010 Phantom Black S4 - APR Stage 2 + TCU, APR SC + KI 186, AMS Alpha, APR intake, AWE resonated catback, custom midpipe, Supersprint long tube headers, ST X fixed damping coilovers, AluKreuz, 034 rear subframe inserts, EC stabs and links, SPC control arms, custom made polyurethane bushings, AutoMeter boost gauge, Relak paddles and even more that I forgot :) turbo is coming

AZ Member #

**OFFICIAL** Life Beyond Stage II: the higher pulley ratio development thread

Why would you want to tune it out? Is there any benefit to this?

Pete

AZ Member #

Why would you want to tune it out? Is there any benefit to this?

Pete
    I removed the cats and it was in the way. Now I have no cold start so my neighbors don't hate me.

Also, no idea how they removed it from the tune. I don't get CELs for it anymore so that's the important part.

Established Member Two Rings one_sk's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2010 S4

Also, no idea how they removed it from the tune. I don't get CELs for it anymore so that's the important part.
    By "they" do you mean 034? Having no cold start is a clue, thanks. However I did it in a different way on mine.
    2010 Phantom Black S4 - APR Stage 2 + TCU, APR SC + KI 186, AMS Alpha, APR intake, AWE resonated catback, custom midpipe, Supersprint long tube headers, ST X fixed damping coilovers, AluKreuz, 034 rear subframe inserts, EC stabs and links, SPC control arms, custom made polyurethane bushings, AutoMeter boost gauge, Relak paddles and even more that I forgot :) turbo is coming

Veteran Member Four Rings RWD2quattro's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Lexus IS250, Volvo 850R, Ford tractor

^^Yes, Ive had that cold start up removed since i got headers and tune. No codes.
    2014 S4, Audi Exclusive DRM, 6MT, 034 Stage 2+ E40, DP (3.362), AMS Cooler, AEM meth kit @TB (500cc), Autotech HPFP, ADV. 1 wheels, CR-15, CF low kick spoiler, Deval CF, JHM LWFW/3R, Eurocode, KW V3, ST6 BBK, USP SS clutch line, XPEL full wrap.
    Gone: 2012 S4 Brilliant Black, Prestige, S-tragic.

Established Member Two Rings vpls4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Really LEAN/Bad Lambdas ?? but car feels great since gettng hpfp lpfp upgrades, no more bog in middle of 1st gear from 0 @ wot

Need some help looking at these Lambda's (seem dangerously lean if reading correctly) E30 / 91

WOT from 0, Lambda's real lean during gear change 1st to 2nd

Last edited by vpls4; 04-15-2018 at 09:58 PM.
    '15 S4 - Monsoon | GIAC DP 183-fd / 57-awe & DSG tune | Autotech HPFP, GIAC LPFP | CTS Intake | AMS Alpha Cooler
    EuroCode Sways, Links, Alu Kreuz | ECS 2pc D/S Rotors, EBC Red Stuff , Michelin PS4S | Bilstein PSS10's | AWE Touring w/Res DPs
    11.651 @ 116.49 | 3.23 0-60

AZ Member #

Looks like it is on a shift, normally it runs rich in these conditions (Thus the DSG fart) but not always.

Log engine load as well, those AFRs at no load aren't bad.
    Geoff

AZ Member #

Now car won't start this morning, no codes other than pcv valve malfunction which has happened before w/o issue. Actually thought pcv issue would be resolved, they just replaced it along with hose and coolant hose, wp, hpfp, giac lpfp.

Would GIAC LPFP throw a code if it failed? If it failed wouldn't factory still work?

Lights work, car turns over etc so don't think it's battery...but no codes?
    '15 S4 - Monsoon | GIAC DP 183-fd / 57-awe & DSG tune | Autotech HPFP, GIAC LPFP | CTS Intake | AMS Alpha Cooler
    EuroCode Sways, Links, Alu Kreuz | ECS 2pc D/S Rotors, EBC Red Stuff , Michelin PS4S | Bilstein PSS10's | AWE Touring w/Res DPs

AZ Member #

Any codes?

First time I blew my HPFP it wouldn't hold any fuel pressure and would take way more cranks than usual to turn over.

I don't think the GIAC LPFP would throw any codes as it is independent(I think).
    Geoff

AZ Member #

no codes other than pcv valve malfunction but that happens occasionally without issue

i'm thinking oem lpfp would still work, so probably not that. They just did autotech hpfp upgrade, but no code for that

AZ Member #

I did try cranking it over for awhile. I did see a 'battery discharging' flash on the display but thought that was normal during a start?

AZ Member #

Turn the car on and check fuel pressure with VCDS. That should give you a good idea on if it is getting fuel or not.
    Geoff

AZ Member #

Thanks, I'll have to do that when I get home. Drove my pos car to work.

meeting tow truck at 12 so I'll log fuel pressure beforehand...I should check battery via vcds also, but seemed like plenty of power.

AZ Member #

Turn the car on and check fuel pressure with VCDS. That should give you a good idea on if it is getting fuel or not.
    Is this showing not getting fuel?

I know it's about 4000 at idle but never measured it with just accessory on

AZ Member #

Both those are way too low... especially high-pressure side.

Do they go up when you try to crank it? (I wouldn't try too many times to avoid burning up the pump

Based on that my guess is the LPFP isn't turning on. Not positive though.

You could test it yourself with vcds
    Geoff

AZ Member #

Both those are way too low... especially high-pressure side.

Do they go up when you try to crank it? (I wouldn't try too many times to avoid burning up the pump

Based on that my guess is the LPFP isn't turning on. Not positive though.

You could test it yourself with vcds
    I can test lpfp in vcds ??

Where did you see high pressure in that first log? is it called rail pressure?

No it didn't look any different when cranking

Here's the one with pwm and duty cycle

Last edited by vpls4; 04-16-2018 at 01:34 PM.

AZ Member #

Actual fuel rail pressure is high-pressure side I believe.

IDK how much you want to do yourself but pull the back seat and see if the LPFP and the controller are plugged in.

You can turn them on via VCDS like so:
    Engine Control Managment -> Output Test -> Fuel Pump Electronics

You should hear the pump cycle for a few seconds.
    Geoff

AZ Member #

Thanks for the info. Tow truck should be here in a few so I'll let shop mess with it, they had a bad giac lpfp indicator light that they need to replace anyway.

Established Member Three Rings brs2c's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Does anyone have the physical dimensions our version of the Eaton's 1320 (not the standard version, but ours with the IC's on the sides)? Having trouble finding this info. TIA.
    2013 S4, Monsoon Grey, DSG, B&O, Sport Diff, Nappa || Custom 3.5" Velocity Stack Intake, EPL Stage 2+, Fluidampr 183mm CP, EPL TCU, AMS Alpha Cooler || VMR V804's (19x9.5 et45), ECS 2-piece Rotors, Stainless Lines, 034 SB, 034 inserts.

AZ Member #

Actual fuel rail pressure is high-pressure side I believe.

IDK how much you want to do yourself but pull the back seat and see if the LPFP and the controller are plugged in.

You can turn them on via VCDS like so:
    Engine Control Managment -> Output Test -> Fuel Pump Electronics

You should hear the pump cycle for a few seconds.
    Turned out that GIAC lpfp, has a new & improved fuel line problem is, it isn't exactly the same size as what it replaced. Yet they include the crimp clamps for the old hose. So my shop had to get 13.5 instead of the 12.5 mm they give you...or vice versa. So they originally passed the tug test but after a few days of spirited driving the psi blew it apart. Got the car back just in time for fri nite drags, got my sunoco 260 gt plus today and will do some adaptation pulls tonight

Veteran Member Four Rings cspcrx's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2009 Tacoma, 2007 Harley Softail, 1986 Honda CRX

Glad you got it figured out. Good luck tomorrow night!
    2012 Ibis P+ / DSG / Silk Napa / B&O / Sport Diff. / ADS lite / MMI & Nav / APR Stage 2 & TCU Tuned / 184mm KI LIL BITCH / ECS Kohlefaser Luft-Technik Intake / AMS Alpha Cooler / ECS 2-Piece Rotors / Akebono Pads / VMR 803 19x9.5 ET45 265-35-19 PSS / ECS Drivetrain Bushing Inserts / CR-15

12.3 @ 112mph 2288DA on 93oct file Stage 2

THEN THEN THEN Rinse & Repeat!

AZ Member #

Actually....Just got a code for EVAP system small leak...not sure If I can run tonight

(?) Would you guys let this stop you from drag race? I mean I can put electrical tape over the yellow engine symbol no prob but...

I just don't want it to become a big leak or get vape locked out or something

9662 - EVAP System
    P0456 00 [237] - Very Small Leak Detected
    MIL ON - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
    Freeze Frame:
    Fault Status: 00000001
    Fault Priority: 2
    Fault Frequency: 1

Mileage: 62807 km
    Date: 2018.04.19 << not sure about time, because I just saw engine light today
    Time: 06:49:06

Engine speed: 873.00 /min
    Normed load value: 15.7 %
    Vehicle speed: 3 km/h
    Coolant temperature: 29 C
    Intake air temperature: 28 C
    Ambient air pressure: 970 mbar
    Voltage terminal 30: 12.999 V
    Unlearning counter according OBD: 40
    CTR_NR_DIAG_SMALL_LEAK_NVLD: 2
    CTR_NR_DIAG_TGT_NVLD: 8
    CTR_NR_RESP_REP_COMC_NVLD_ENVD: 0
    Ambient temperature: 17.25 C
    AMP_ENVD: 971.1152 hPa
    FTL_CAN: 13 l

AZ Member #

I remember drag racing with a CEL on... lol

Back when I ran the 104 file on E35 fuel the fuel trims would trip it.

As for your cord, check everything over again, do you smell any fuel? Was your tank full when it threw?
    Geoff

Page 81 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast