Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 89 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast
Results 3,521 to 3,560 of 4176
    Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Acejam View Post
    Cancel if you still can.

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...and-squeaking)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hmm, Couldn't you slide the SC pulley out a little on the shaft if it doesn't line up? My SC pulley is UNI. Thanks for the heads up. I'll definitely looks things over well. Maybe they have addressed the issue by now if there is one. Seems these are made to order since my ship date isn't till next week.
    FastLane / '12 A6 3.0T quattro Prestige Sport / Unitronic BETA DP tune / HPT tcu tune by p3u / Iabed Fluidampr crank pulley 187mm / 58mm Unitronic SC pulley / Merc HX / Injen Intake with modified stock box / JHM test pipes / AWE Touring Exhaust with custom Vibrant GESI catted & Magnaflow resonated DPs / 20 x 9 VMR v702s / Yokohama Advan Sport A/S 275/35/20 / Eurocode sways & Alu Kreuz / 034 lower control arms, motor mounts & inserts / LYKT upper control arms / RS6 Grill / rear lip spoiler.

Senior Member Four Rings whiped's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Not sure if you want a little bigger but my 189mm pulley is for sale: https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...1310-RPM-belts

Issam can be slow about sending things out... Just ask Loe about his bigger ring
    Geoff
    '13 S4 - Glacier White | DSG | 034 Stage 2++ | Current Setup
    452WHP / 443WTQ | 11.352 @ 119.26 | @dirtyaudi

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by whiped View Post
    Not sure if you want a little bigger but my 189mm pulley is for sale: https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...1310-RPM-belts

Issam can be slow about sending things out... Just ask Loe about his bigger ring
    Thank you for the offer. How come you didn't just order a larger ring for yours? I ordered through ECS since the rings are $199 there. The ship date is the 12th so I imagine these are made to order, the rings anyways.
    FastLane / '12 A6 3.0T quattro Prestige Sport / Unitronic BETA DP tune / HPT tcu tune by p3u / Iabed Fluidampr crank pulley 187mm / 58mm Unitronic SC pulley / Merc HX / Injen Intake with modified stock box / JHM test pipes / AWE Touring Exhaust with custom Vibrant GESI catted & Magnaflow resonated DPs / 20 x 9 VMR v702s / Yokohama Advan Sport A/S 275/35/20 / Eurocode sways & Alu Kreuz / 034 lower control arms, motor mounts & inserts / LYKT upper control arms / RS6 Grill / rear lip spoiler.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by FastLane1000 View Post
    How come you didn't just order a larger ring for yours?
    Because I'd still be waiting for it. I was going to get a 194 ring for the FD pulley but found out Matt was making another batch of KI pulleys and jumped on those.
    Geoff

Veteran Member Four Rings Acejam's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Hmm, Couldn't you slide the SC pulley out a little on the shaft if it doesn't line up? My SC pulley is UNI. Thanks for the heads up. I'll definitely looks things over well. Maybe they have addressed the issue by now if there is one. Seems these are made to order since my ship date isn't till next week.
    The SC pulley needs to be fully seated or else it will fall off.

2014 Brilliant Black S4
    DSG / Prestige / Black Optics / Sport Diff / B&O / Carbon Atlas Inlays / Magma Leather
    Modifications: APR Stage 2 Dual Pulley + TCU, JHM 187mm Crank Pulley, APR Open Intake, APR CPS, AWE Touring Exhaust (90mm Silver), ECS 10mm/12.5mm Spacers, 034 Mount Inserts, Hawk HPS 5.0, Rotors w/ PSS (Summer), Peelers w/ LM-32's (Winter)

Established Member Two Rings rgpwr's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Cats man. Cats.

Pervert
    LOL

AZ Member #

Shipping for my 187 was reasonable--about 10 business days + a few to get here. Issam's site had a disclaimer for which rings are a custom size, that it can take up to 2 weeks to ship out. However, it wasn't very clear and it was only present in one area of the website, on the product page. Since then, however, he has made it more clear. But, it still may be only on the product page.

I've had my 187 installed for a few weeks now, and it's basically behaving the same way stock did, aside from producing more boost.

Registered User Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Over 20! too many plant pots!

Quote Originally Posted by Acejam View Post
    Your Fluidampr that you returned was sold as a "scratch and dent" to a performance shop in Florida and is on the vehicle with no issues confirmed by the shop owner & the customer.

I can understand your situation and appreciate your feedback and review but your case was odd , however , to outright tell people to "cancel" when you yourself stated if Fluidampr made one to your spec you would run is a little wrong.
    300+ units out there in the market place now.
    Still the best product on the market.
    Happy Motoring everyone.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bartlett View Post
    Shipping for my 187 was reasonable--about 10 business days + a few to get here. Issam's site had a disclaimer for which rings are a custom size, that it can take up to 2 weeks to ship out. However, it wasn't very clear and it was only present in one area of the website, on the product page. Since then, however, he has made it more clear. But, it still may be only on the product page.

I've had my 187 installed for a few weeks now, and it's basically behaving the same way stock did, aside from producing more boost.
    Right now 6 over drive rings are made , we can't inventory each size so we simply inventory the 183mm.
    Most EPL & GIAC dealers stock 183mm set ups but anything outside of that is made to order.

Registered Member Three Rings Melen2120's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard-of-OD View Post
    Right now 6 over drive rings are made , we can't inventory each size so we simply inventory the 183mm.
    Most EPL & GIAC dealers stock 183mm set ups but anything outside of that is made to order.
    Can you get a 200mm over ring ?

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Melen2120 View Post

largest ever made was 206mm but I wouldn't make that again without some serious pocketing of the ring.

Established Member Three Rings friskuh's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Melen2120 View Post

HPTuners update?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 GL450

I currently am 179mm single pulley. Would it be worth it to upgrade to 187mm and not make any other changes?

Registered Member Three Rings Melen2120's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by friskuh View Post
    HPTuners update?
    , just got it in the mail and Iím not home

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by BooS4tedBulldog View Post
    I currently am 179mm single pulley. Would it be worth it to upgrade to 187mm and not make any other changes?
    Yes

Sent from my
    2018 SQ5 - Daytona, Prestige

*Sold*2011 S4 - EPL Dual Pulley + TCU - 20" BBS LM - Bilstein B12 - APR RSC Exhaust
    Deval CF Diffuser - Maxton Splitter - USP Intake - MercRacing HE - CR15 -AutoTech HPFP

Established Member Three Rings friskuh's Avatar
    AZ Member #

looking at port injection kits for the N54/N55/S55 for the bmw platforms & they literally look exactly like the SRM meth plates... now my question is if possible to fit 6 other injectors to it what woud the lines be hooked to to supply fuel? also is the bucket mod that S4matty did enough to supply enough fuel with the added 6 injectors or would we need another pump for the extra 6?

- - - Updated - - -

&& could it be controlled with the hptuners unit? hopefully endind out soon through melen..

- - - Updated - - -

hopefully we find out*

- - - Updated - - -

hopefully we find out*

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard-of-OD View Post
    largest ever made was 206mm but I wouldn't make that again without some serious pocketing of the ring.
    What was the problem (and I admit I don't know what "pocketing" means )?
    2015 monsoon grey S5 sportback (yes the one with 4 doors)
    - MRC stage 2 (189mm Vdamper/Fluidampr crank pulley)

AZ Member #

Since I am installing the fluidampr crank pulley with 187mm overdrive and Merc HX I am debating adding a reservoir and upgraded pump. What is the best way to upgrade the pump without triggering any CELs? Also, I am debating skipping the reservoir and pump. I want everything to be as reliable and oem quality as possible.

Veteran Member Four Rings B18b1ex's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
    What was the problem (and I admit I don't know what "pocketing" means )?
    Iím going to guess he means taking out any unnecessary material to save mass.

Established Member Two Rings [waZZup]'s Avatar
    AZ Member #

Since I am installing the fluidampr crank pulley with 187mm overdrive and Merc HX I am debating adding a reservoir and upgraded pump. What is the best way to upgrade the pump without triggering any CELs? Also, I am debating skipping the reservoir and pump. I want everything to be as reliable and oem quality as possible.
    Pierburg CWA-100

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by [waZZup] View Post
    Pierburg CWA-100
    I understand the the stock pump is a CWA-50. I have also heard this one would be a good one to try but has anyone installed one yet. Is it as simple as removing the stock pump and replacing with this one? Care to elaborate? Thanks!

AZ Member #

The CWA-100 has the same housing as the stock CWA-50.

The pumps directly from Pierburg however, have a 4-pin plug where the "Audi" ones have a 3 pin.

This isn't really an issue though as the unused wire is the PWM return which our ECUs don't use.

It's as simple as either cutting and splicing wires or swapping over the plug itself.

The CWA-100 should be bolt-on.

I know at least one car running this setup :)

TONS of technical info here: https://tecomotive.com/store/en/water-pumps/
    Geoff

AZ Member #

The CWA-100 has the same housing as the stock CWA-50.

The pumps directly from Pierburg however, have a 4-pin plug where the "Audi" ones have a 3 pin.

This isn't really an issue though as the unused wire is the PWM return which our ECUs don't use.

It's as simple as either cutting and splicing wires or swapping over the plug itself.

The CWA-100 should be bolt-on.

I know at least one car running this setup :)

TONS of technical info here: https://tecomotive.com/store/en/water-pumps/
    Your car Geoff? Thanks foe the info and link.

AZ Member #

No, I added a second Varimax pump as the CWA100 was hard to source.
    Geoff

AZ Member #

No, I added a second Varimax pump as the CWA100 was hard to source.
    Since you're playing coy.. Do you know any of the results from extratime or whoever is using it? Any clue on pricing compared to your varimax?

*Sold*2011 S4 - EPL Dual Pulley + TCU - 20" BBS LM - Bilstein B12 - APR RSC Exhaust
    Deval CF Diffuser - Maxton Splitter - USP Intake - MercRacing HE - CR15 -AutoTech HPFP

AZ Member #

I'm not sure how the testing is going. The CWA100 is on Tyrol's track car. I just know they fitted and made a wiring adapter for it.

Extratime is using a bosch 044 pump I believe. He has two different coolant loops with a water-to-water hx so it is far from conventional.

I actually just sent him a text to see how it was going.

I got the Varimax pump because I could easily find it and the pig-tail for wiring.

This is what I got: https://www.ebay.com/itm/302718033147/
    Geoff

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 Subaru Forester 1986 Ford Mustang Gt

I'm not sure how the testing is going. The CWA100 is on Tyrol's track car. I just know they fitted and made a wiring adapter for it.

Extratime is using a bosch 044 pump I believe. He has two different coolant loops with a water-to-water hx so it is far from conventional.

I got the Varimax pump because I could easily find it and the pig-tail for wiring.

Geoff, are you using one pump to pull and the other to push...?

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Moogas1 View Post
    Geoff, are you using one pump to pull and the other to push...?

No, that wouldn't be very functional lol. They both flow in the same direction.
    Geoff

AZ Member #
    My Garage

No, that wouldn't be very functional lol. They both flow in the same direction.
    Thank you sir

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Moogas1 View Post
    Thank you sir

Wait....lmao. I see what you did there....

Senior Member Two Rings extratime's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by JD S4 View Post
    Since you're playing coy.. Do you know any of the results from extratime or whoever is using it? Any clue on pricing compared to your varimax?
    Testing is going great. Geoff is right. My intentions for installing a ice box were not for conventional use. I wanted something better then slapping a 10lbs bag of ice on top of the S/C when I was cooling down the car in the pits. I am disappointed in how fast the ice melts and it also makes me think if my ice is going so fast and I'm not even interacting directly with the S/C coolant how fast would it go if ran traditionally. I speculate 10LBS of ice being blasted from coolant coming directly from the S/C wouldn't even last 15 seconds.

That being said, I'm pleased with my results. The car really does cool down fast when cycling the pumps for 2-3 minutes with ice in the box. It's going to take at least two ice changes during the cool down period and I need to buy a bigger ice chest now but in the end I think it was worth the effort.

Oh I did use a Bosch pump and a ice box made for a Mustang GT. Both worked out great. I used the Bosch pump because it's whisper quiet. The pump is technically mounted inside the car and I didn't want to hear it. Thank goodness I didn't get a varimax wow are they loud. Sorry Geoff had to do it

AZ Member #

Geoff, thanks for your input on this. Would removing the CWA50 and replacing with another throw a code? Is it better to leave the stock one in place and add a second that is wired independently?

AZ Member #

Geoff, thanks for your input on this. Would removing the CWA50 and replacing with another throw a code? Is it better to leave the stock one in place and add a second that is wired independently?
    It throws a soft code which only shows up when you scan the car. Doing the "pump mod" also does this.

It is probably easier and better to just upgrade the stock pump.

The OE wiring supports up to 15As, if you go higher than that you may wish to add a relay.

Quote Originally Posted by extratime View Post
    Thank goodness I didn't get a varimax wow are they loud. Sorry Geoff had to do it
    Racecar
    Geoff

AZ Member #

It throws a soft code which only shows up when you scan the car. Doing the "pump mod" also does this.

It is probably easier and better to just upgrade the stock pump.

The OE wiring supports up to 15As, if you go higher than that you may wish to add a relay.

Racecar
    There should be a "like" or "thanks" on here.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 GL450

Would I need cooling with a 3.067 ratio? 194mm crank and stock sc pulley.

Established Member Three Rings PeteRock's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Thatís pretty close to Dual Pulley Ratio (183mm and 57mm is 3.21)

I would say YES if you are still on stock Cooling

Pete

Veteran Member Four Rings B18b1ex's Avatar
    AZ Member #

**OFFICIAL** Life Beyond Stage II: the higher pulley ratio development thread

Even stock,I think the cooling helps especially in the summer.

Last edited by B18b1ex; 07-13-2018 at 09:16 AM.

Veteran Member Four Rings cspcrx's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2009 Tacoma, 2007 Harley Softail, 1986 Honda CRX

These cars need better cooling stock! I installed my AMS kit before going stage 2 and I noticed a difference. I would not even consider stage 2 or higher without cooling.
    2012 Ibis P+ / DSG / Silk Napa / B&O / Sport Diff. / ADS lite / MMI & Nav / APR Stage 2+ & TCU Tuned / Ultra Charger / 184mm KI LIL BITCH / ECS Kohlefaser Luft-Technik Intake / AMS Alpha Cooler / ECS 2-Piece Rotors / Akebono Pads / VMR 803 19x9.5 ET45 265-35-19 PSS / ECS Drivetrain Bushing Inserts / CR-15

12.3 @ 112mph 2288DA on 93oct file Stage 2

THEN THEN THEN Rinse & Repeat!

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by extratime View Post
    Testing is going great. Geoff is right. My intentions for installing a ice box were not for conventional use. I wanted something better then slapping a 10lbs bag of ice on top of the S/C when I was cooling down the car in the pits. I am disappointed in how fast the ice melts and it also makes me think if my ice is going so fast and I'm not even interacting directly with the S/C coolant how fast would it go if ran traditionally. I speculate 10LBS of ice being blasted from coolant coming directly from the S/C wouldn't even last 15 seconds.

That being said, I'm pleased with my results. The car really does cool down fast when cycling the pumps for 2-3 minutes with ice in the box. It's going to take at least two ice changes during the cool down period and I need to buy a bigger ice chest now but in the end I think it was worth the effort.

Oh I did use a Bosch pump and a ice box made for a Mustang GT. Both worked out great. I used the Bosch pump because it's whisper quiet. The pump is technically mounted inside the car and I didn't want to hear it. Thank goodness I didn't get a varimax wow are they loud. Sorry Geoff had to do it
    awesome update. thanks for pushing the platform!

Senior Member Two Rings street2gen's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Im on 189 dual pulley tune and needed cooling, i just installed the merc unit last night and the first thing i noticed was the recovery rate compared to stock. it seems at least at my ratio, yours might be a little worse... i could do a third gear pull fine up to like 130-140f in 85 to 90 degree temps but anything after that was pointless... no recovery at all. trying to do a second pull wasn't an option. And 4th gear wasn't an option.

Page 89 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast