Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 64 of 65 FirstFirst ... 145462636465 LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,560 of 2580
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by brs2c View Post
    The distance from the center hub, greatly effects the impact of reduced rotational mass. However, there is a general rule. For every 1 lb of rotating mass you eliminate, it is like removing 6 lbs of sprung mass. Porsche uses a 1:7 ratio, but their cars are lighter, and the lighter the car the greater the difference felt.

So, if you go from 31lb stock peelers to 21lb wheels, the math looks like: 10lbs lighter per wheel x 4 wheels x 6= 240 lb lighter feeling car
    ...you will notice better braking, too
    Thanks for the info...I was somewhere around that figure. I just didn't know the stock peelers weighed that much...I was thinking more like 29lbs a piece and the PSS tires weighting around 1lb a piece less than my current Goodyear all seasons.

It will be interesting to see what the delta is on my 1/4th mile and trap speeds are after the switch.
    2014 Estoril Blue S4: [DSG] APR Ultracharged - Dual Pulley (57.75mm & 187mm), APR TCU tune, Bilstein PSS10 Coilovers, AWE Touring Cat-Back with Resonated Downpipes, JHM Test Pipes, ECS Intake, APR CPS (Heat Exchanger)

Senior Member Four Rings riceboy22's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 Audi SQ5, Felt F65x

Quote Originally Posted by FlyS4 View Post
    Look, I understand that when you go and spend 2k on an ultra charger you are expecting it to perform. If it was me I would be also in disbelief as it would show that I made a mistake. Egos are high here and no one wants to be that guy to admit they made a mistake even though someone has compared both cars in the same conditions and has proof.
    Are you familiar with the term sample size?
    Current
    2015 Audi SQ5 3.0 TFSI (Build Thread | Flickr | Instagram)

Past
    2006 Lexus IS350 | 2001 Audi S4 | 2000 Honda S2000 | 1999 Yamaha YZF-R6 | 1995 Acura Integra GS-R

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by brs2c View Post
    The distance from the center hub, greatly effects the impact of reduced rotational mass. However, there is a general rule. For every 1 lb of rotating mass you eliminate, it is like removing 6 lbs of sprung mass. Porsche uses a 1:7 ratio, but their cars are lighter, and the lighter the car the greater the difference felt.

So, if you go from 31lb stock peelers to 21lb wheels, the math looks like: 10lbs lighter per wheel x 4 wheels x 6= 240 lb lighter feeling car
    ...you will notice better braking, too
    This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by BDP View Post
    Thanks for the info...I was somewhere around that figure. I just didn't know the stock peelers weighed that much...I was thinking more like 29lbs a piece and the PSS tires weighting around 1lb a piece less than my current Goodyear all seasons.

It will be interesting to see what the delta is on my 1/4th mile and trap speeds are after the switch.
    Weighed the HREs vs Enkeis and there was a 10lb difference with the tires installed. I thought there was a discrepancy but after doing it 3x it was confirmed. Car feels much more nimble with the lighter wheels as well...

Registered Member Three Rings FlyS4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by riceboy22 View Post
    Are you familiar with the term sample size?
    Yes, I am an educated adult. Results from every tuner are all over and in between. Best way to know is to take as large of a sample as possible of identical cars with identical mods and compare them in the exact same condition against other tuner. Would obviously be best if the same person drives them all to illuminate driver error variable. Even then track prep would have to be done after every run to make it exactly the same. You get my point.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    10 S4, 14 328d, 14 MDX

Maybe we should focus on the term outlier... like a UC car trapping 109!

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by GandalfTheIbis View Post
    Maybe we should focus on the term outlier... like a UC car trapping 109!

Weather+bigger pulley= bad performance,maybe other things contributed.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Moogas1 View Post
    Weighed the HREs vs Enkeis and there was a 10lb difference with the tires installed. I thought there was a discrepancy but after doing it 3x it was confirmed. Car feels much more nimble with the lighter wheels as well...
    Thanks for the update. Did you run any Dragy times with the HRE's on? Was there much of a difference in your times or trap speeds?
    2014 Estoril Blue S4: [DSG] APR Ultracharged - Dual Pulley (57.75mm & 187mm), APR TCU tune, Bilstein PSS10 Coilovers, AWE Touring Cat-Back with Resonated Downpipes, JHM Test Pipes, ECS Intake, APR CPS (Heat Exchanger)

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Thanks for the update. Did you run any Dragy times with the HRE's on? Was there much of a difference in your times or trap speeds?
    Havenít dragyd with the 19ís this was first time I used it, same day I received it. But on the track not much of difference for me in trap. Iíve trapped basically same with both setups.... give a mile here or there.... Iíll see if I can find a couple of slips and compare but weather conditions would be different. I donít have the luxury to track consistently and usually install the lighter wheels and tire setup for spring into early fall and the 19ís for late fall into early spring with all seasons.

Veteran Member Three Rings kelseysautobody's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Do you even realize how much you contradict your own arguments?

Donít be confused here is a comparison with an APR guy....I drop the mic and walk away like a boss.
    So that's ONE APR car that was slow and you deem your set up superior but then...

Yes, I am an educated adult. Results from every tuner are all over and in between. Best way to know is to take as large of a sample as possible of identical cars with identical mods and compare them in the exact same condition against other tuner. Would obviously be best if the same person drives them all to illuminate driver error variable. Even then track prep would have to be done after every run to make it exactly the same. You get my point.
    You want a larger sample size... Moving on

Ohh trust me, itís well dialed in. Humidity and weather plus heat soak from a larger pulley on top of bottlenecking sc are the reasons.
    Damn right that APR car was dialed in, that car just sucks because of the big pulley and bottleneck!

Whatís this thing about being dialed in? Lol, this is laughable when you are talking about a car with of the shelf tune and basically bolt ons. There is nothing to dial in...

My car is much stronger on dual pulley tune. Given I had same weather when I ran 11.8 at 116 in the past I would have shattered that record. The APR car is a prime example how humidity or some other weather abnormality have affected me and the APR guy.
    When adding power to a car nothing could possibly go wrong! We're just bolting on parts, nothing to test or worry about, the car is going to be 100% the first time around!

Simple answer: our cars werenít dialed in, mine should have ran 11.4 and his 11.7 All because of the weather.
    Ok ok you guys convinced me, the APR car wasn't dialed in... but neither was mine so mine should still be faster!

Look, I understand that when you go and spend 2k on an ultra charger you are expecting it to perform. If it was me I would be also in disbelief as it would show that I made a mistake. Egos are high here and no one wants to be that guy to admit they made a mistake even though someone has compared both cars in the same conditions and has proof.
    This might be the first thing you've been right about but its you with the ego and you that should admit your mistakes.
    2013 S4 S-tronic - APR intake // KI 200mm crank pulley // EPL Stg II DP 93 + TCU tune // PLM hx // Jokerz Blower // Headers
    1993 URS4 - Work in progress...
    11.281 @ 121.58
    Past: 07 S4 6MT ~ 03 A4 3.0 6MT ~ 99 A4 1.8T

Veteran Member Four Rings jimrobbington's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 Forester XT, lawn mower
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by kelseysautobody View Post
    Do you even realize how much you contradict your own arguments?

So that's ONE APR car that was slow and you deem your set up superior but then...

You want a larger sample size... Moving on

Damn right that APR car was dialed in, that car just sucks because of the big pulley and bottleneck!

When adding power to a car nothing could possibly go wrong! We're just bolting on parts, nothing to test or worry about, the car is going to be 100% the first time around!

Ok ok you guys convinced me, the APR car wasn't dialed in... but neither was mine so mine should still be faster!

This might be the first thing you've been right about but its you with the ego and you that should admit your mistakes.
    Lol he literally did say the APR car WASN'T dialed in, then said the same car is "well dialed in" didn't he. Why oh why doesn't this ever end!?

Sent from my SM-G930VC using Tapatalk
    2012 Audi S4 Prestige 6 speed, 034 Stage 1, 034 SC pulley, USP Intake, custom x-pipe exhaust, 034 Trans Mount Insert, 034 Front/Rear Diff Mount Inserts, JHM Stage 3 clutch, JHM LWFW, USP SS clutch line, 034 boost tap, Podi boost gauge

Senior Member Three Rings evil35r's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    HD Fat bob

Iím so over this right now
    S4 13 EPL cts pulley stage 2 Meth/93 file w/ DSG tune, ROC-EURO intake, custom exhaust, ECS diff and tranny inserts, CR-15, VCDS mods, Snow Performance stage 2 meth kit dual nozzle spraying 1000cc 70/30 mix, 034 rear sway, coolant pump mod.

11.9 @ 117 with crappy 1.7 60í 700cc spray with no coolant pump mod.

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Ok, I put a little slide show together... the earlier dates were with the 19ís and all-season tires.... the later with 18ís and RE71Rs
    Hope it helps....

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Ok, I put a little slide show together... the earlier dates were with the 19ís and all-season tires.... the later with 18ís and RE71Rs
    Hope it helps....

Wtf, it wonít post any photos etc... Iíll try later... need to trim the bushes in my yard...smh

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Items for Sale

Wtf, it wonít post any photos etc... Iíll try later... need to trim the bushes in my yard...smh

Lol adulting is so hard

2012 Audi S4 Prestige 6 speed, 034 Stage 1, 034 SC pulley, USP Intake, custom x-pipe exhaust, 034 Trans Mount Insert, 034 Front/Rear Diff Mount Inserts, JHM Stage 3 clutch, JHM LWFW, USP SS clutch line, 034 boost tap, Podi boost gauge

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by jimrobbington View Post
    Lol adulting is so hard

Hmmmm, not really but hey who am I to say...

AZ Member #

Weather has undialed both of the cars. However mine was less undialed because itís just a better car with a better set up....finally you get it my girl Kelsey!

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Items for Sale

Let's please stop using the term "dialed in". Weather does not "undial" your car, also undial isn't a thing. Sure, weather can be less than optimum, but your excuses and misdirection are getting tiresome.

AZ Member #

Let's please stop using the term "dialed in". Weather does not "undial" your car, also undial isn't a thing. Sure, weather can be less than optimum, but your excuses and misdirection are getting tiresome.

I agree there is nothing to dial in itís of the shelf tune! Itís not like we get our tunes then we can adjust all the tables on our own. So I agree, everything was dialed in when the car got the software upgrade.

Site Moderator Four Rings kristokes's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    VW/Audi/Ducati
    Items for Sale

Let's move on...
    Stokes - Moderator, Audizine

12 VW Golf .:R | UM Stage 2+
    13 Audi S4 | APR Stage 2
    14 Lexus CT200h | Batterycharged

08 Yamaha YZF-R6 | Track
    15 Ducati Streetfighter 848 | Street

PREV: 01 Audi TT 1.8TQM APR Stage 2 | 07 Audi A4 2.0TQM Unitronic Stage 3

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by kristokes View Post
    Let's move on...
    Just permaban him and get it over with
    2018 Daytona Gray S6 | S Sport | Black Optic | Carbon Atlas |

2011 Phantom Black S4 | S-Tronic | P+ | Nav | Sports Differential | Titanium Package | Silk Nappa | SOLD

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

IMG_1179.JPG

2016 Rs7
    APR stage 2
    Apr downpipes
    Roceuro intake
    260GTplus
    Tcu tune by e tuners
    PS4 tires

Established Member Three Rings FromRagsToS4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by AnesRS7 View Post
    IMG_1179.JPG

2016 Rs7
    APR stage 2
    Apr downpipes
    Roceuro intake
    260GTplus
    Tcu tune by e tuners
    PS4 tires

Wrong forum buddy ;)

RS7s are that way - - - - >

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    2014 S4 Premium Plus/Glacier White Metallic/6spd Manual/Sports Diff/Adaptive Damping Suspension/Black Napa Leather/19" Peelers/B&O Sound/MMI-Navi/Side Assist/Carbon Atlas Inlays

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Items for Sale

Lol I was like DAMN til I realized what was going on.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by FromRagsToS4 View Post
    Wrong forum buddy ;)

RS7s are that way - - - - >

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Everyone is welcome here. Especially fast cars! A lot of us will go to an RS7 next so itís good to see.

Congrats man - 132 is fasssst!!

Sent from my
    2011 S4 - EPL Dual Pulley + TCU - 20" BBS LM - Bilstein B12 - APR RSC Exhaust
    Deval CF Diffuser - Maxton Splitter - USP Intake - MercRacing HE - CR15 -AutoTech HPFP

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by JD S4 View Post
    Everyone is welcome here. Especially fast cars! A lot of us will go to an RS7 next so itís good to see.

Congrats man - 132 is fasssst!!

Sent from my
    I totally want an RS7 for my next car. Can't believe I'm seeing them used for like 60-70k. Stage 2 they should be making almost 700 CHP right?

AZ Member #

This is with fuel cut lol I put a gallon of E85 on top of the Sunoco fuel!! Fml... lol IMG_1163.JPG

After I did 10.3 I stoped lol (dident wana break anything lol)

Upgrading a few things and will be back in 2-3 weeks for a 10.1-10.2

Thanks guys!

Veteran Member Four Rings UkuRiSh's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

This is with fuel cut lol I put a gallon of E85 on top of the Sunoco fuel!! Fml... lol IMG_1163.JPG

After I did 10.3 I stoped lol (dident wana break anything lol)

Upgrading a few things and will be back in 2-3 weeks for a 10.1-10.2

Thanks guys!

I'll hunt you next year buddy Nice numbers

AZ Member #

I might go get one tomorrow, found a sweet deal on auto trader. Wonít hurt to get a 4th car.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Items for Sale

I might go get one tomorrow, found a sweet deal on auto trader. Wonít hurt to get a 4th car.

Gonna race it against your imaginary M4? Just get over yourself already. I don't understand the compulsive lying for no reason.

AZ Member #

Gonna race it against your imaginary M4? Just get over yourself already. I don't understand the compulsive lying for no reason.

Your dream is my reality jimbo...
    9dd53082-1abf-42f6-badb-a7b6639bca79.jpg
    But you got a point, the M2 is not mine.
    d0b04760-2644-44b9-a834-065e1d5fb21e.jpg

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by UkuRiSh View Post
    I'll hunt you next year buddy Nice numbers
    rock and roll baby!

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

IMG_1179.JPG

2016 Rs7
    APR stage 2
    Apr downpipes
    Roceuro intake
    260GTplus
    Tcu tune by e tuners
    PS4 tires

Great run, man...!

Senior Member Four Rings Brother Owl's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Jur Mahm

3 cars... in a condo?
    2013 S4 Estoril Blue Crystal 6MT / Prestige / Silver & Black / B&O / Sport Diff / 20% Tint / ECS SSK / E-codes / RS Grille / Ziza Yellow Fogs / ECS Slotted & Drilled Rotors / Akebono Pads / Roc Euro Intake

Denver to Vegas in 9:26 (2/27/15)

Previous: 2004 B6 S4 6MT, 2001 IS300

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Bogdan, your 12.4 run that day is just as much of an outlier as an APR UC car trapping 109, yet youíre claiming to understand statistics? I have no interest in creating drama, but Iím concerned youíre twisting reality for the purposes of your own confirmation bias towards GIAC and against APR.

Why donít you be transparent and post all of your runs and explain what you did to get to your best run? Any apples to apples comparo should be done with doing the same for both cars by posting logs, understanding the state of tunes and conditions, and highlighting mitigating circumstances that would explain unexpected results such as missed shifts, bad launches, tire pressure variations between runs, octane content, etc.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by youngrepublic View Post
    Bogdan, your 12.4 run that day is just as much of an outlier as an APR UC car trapping 109, yet youíre claiming to understand statistics? I have no interest in creating drama, but Iím concerned youíre twisting reality for the purposes of your own confirmation bias towards GIAC and against APR.

Why donít you be transparent and post all of your runs and explain what you did to get to your best run? Any apples to apples comparo should be done with doing the same for both cars by posting logs, understanding the state of tunes and conditions, and highlighting mitigating circumstances that would explain unexpected results such as missed shifts, bad launches, tire pressure variations between runs, octane content, etc.
    The cal is on you.

Sent from my
    Deval CF Diffuser - Maxton Splitter - USP Intake - MercRacing HE - CR15 -AutoTech HPFP

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by youngrepublic View Post

Brian, what do you know about comparing? I have known you for 11 years and you couldnít even adjust your own coilovers on that 2004 VW. Have you ever worked on your own car? Are you even able to perform your own oil change?

AZ Member #

Brian, what do you know about comparing? I have known you for 11 years and you couldnít even adjust your own coilovers on that 2004 VW. Have you ever worked on your own car? Are you even able to perform your own oil change?

You just proved you are exactly
    Who we thought you are.

Sent from my

AZ Member #

**NEW** 1/4 mile spreadsheet: Submit your time here

Quote Originally Posted by JD S4 View Post
    You just proved you are exactly
    Who we thought you are.

Sent from my
    And who would that be? Conspiracy? East North, SouthEast?

I am Brianís former neighbor who helped him turn knobs on his kw suspension because he wasnít mechanically inclined to do so himself while I was Stationed in Camp Pendleton, Ca sometime back in 07,08.

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Unsubscribed

Page 64 of 65 FirstFirst ... 145462636465 LastLast