Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 61 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,440 of 2894
    Established Member Three Rings friskuh's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    & similarly to flyS4 doubted your builds because he said how does a port & ultracharger net you 100whp more than dual pulley.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '14 Audi S5, '18 BMW 540i, '17 Jetta SE

the highest dual-pulley thus far has put down 487awhp on a race file, without the 80mm TB and ported blower. 420-430awhp is really more into the pump fuel range, or a car with bad logs, or a car that's not running 100% healthy. Those two items (80mm & ported blower) will result in at least a 30awhp increase (on the conservative side) if you use a 12-15awhp rule / 1mph gained in the 1/4 mile. You have to understand that our TCU's keep AMAX (its an OEM feature as well), which does assist when engaging LC as there is virtually no power loss during the transition from gear-to-gear because of how the clutching works between both clutches, which helps us increase speed even during the upshift event, I've never seen any other non-VAG car do this. Using the Draggy app, you can see a spike in G-forces (a spike in the rate of acceleration) during the upshift, there is some TQ multiplication-like thing occuring during an AMAX upshift. Looking at oleg's upshift's in his video's and logs itself during the upshift event, his TCU doesn't seem to keep this AMAX feature, I'm not sure why. Due to the nature of Turbo's needing to re-spool post-shifts, this would keep his turbo at full boil at all times during the upshift, and in my opinion he's down 2-3mph in the 1/4 mile because of it.

Our cars don't make sense on the dyno, our HP/weight ratio doesn't match our MPH, I definitely agree with oleg 100%. With that being said, I'm not sure how else I can explain what I don't know, I've always suspected there are some behind-the-scenes torque reduction being made when the ECU senses that it's on rollers, either by limiting fuel, or something else.

Similarly, there are 3 other APR UC cars on their 104 file that have trapped at least 125 or higher other than Matt or myself, so our cars aren't outlier's.

Primetime to date has trapped 126.xx mph without a ported blower (104 file, 104 octane gas)
    Moogas1 has trapped 125.96mph without a ported blower (104 file, 104 octane gas), I think he may have kissed 126mph, I forget.
    chrisUCF99 has trapped 125.xx mph with a ported blower (104 file, 100 octane gas by accident)

Basically, there are others who don't post on here regularly like Matt and I do that have accomplished similar traps...

Here's a link to my DragyAPP results on a country back-road from yesterday in 2,3xx ft D/A CLICK ME

The proof of my traps is in the videos, here's one of them, this run was done without AMAX upshifts, which is normally about 1 mph slower in traps because there is no acceleration done during upshifts, but managed to trap 126.72mph nonetheless:

Dyno's haven't been kind to me, it's more convenient for me to go to the track and review my traps to gauge if the car is truly gaining. Based on trap speeds alone from when I ran 10.976@124.86mph on my GIAC set-up, I should have been right around the 500awhp mark (+/- 10awhp), however only managed to dyno at 436awhp due to my car only hitting 16psi on the dyno from my enclosed airbox (basically not quite stage 2 levels of boost...), the same day that an almost-the-same setup GIAC car that was producing full boost at 21-22psi that hit 487awhp. This is why I don't like dyno's, most will not represent what the car will do with full air movement, let alone during a multi-gear acceleration run and how the ECU will react to various inputs from sensors. Right now with my highest trap being 127.66mph, it should put me in the 530-540awhp mark, but this would be really really difficult to replicate as I'm noticing how sensitive the car is on the dyno.

at any rate, I personally don't care if my build is being questioned, that to me signifies something else to me. I'm here to share my journey objectively and it's never been about one tune vs. the other, it's been about how I can continue to maximize the stock blower which I will continue doing until I sell/trade the car. If you want to join the band-wagon in maximizing the blower, go ahead and follow/search my threads, if you want to question it from the sidelines, then share your own data when you finally go dual-pulley so others can follow along with. Nothing that's been posted over the last 2.5 years is going to change unless there is out-side-of-the-box thinking. However, I do feel like a broken record, continually needing to re-post everything that I've already posted more than once over the years.

So I agree with stokes, lets keep the thread related to 1/4 mile times, and not dyno's. That should be a seperate thread.
    Last edited by Loe; 05-31-2018 at 03:26 AM.
    -Loe P.-
    Audizine Forum Moderator

('14 Audi S5 S-tronic )
    [10.930@127.38mph | +1209 ft. D/A | 3.371 PR]

AZ Member #
    My Garage

I posted this in the Facebook technical discussion, a few people wanted to know the effects of AMAX vs non-AMAX acceleration, and I was able to capture it using my Dragy and it's G'force meter:

CLICK HERE for picture comparison - - - > AMAX vs. non-AMAX acceleration comparison using G-force data

This is very very important for the best 1/4 mile time.
    -Loe P.-
    Audizine Forum Moderator

('14 Audi S5 S-tronic )

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by friskuh View Post
    couldnt our gearing issue be solved by raising the launch point to like 6k just like matty? run micky thomson street radials, launch from 6k & it should be a different ball game as far as what part of the power band you are
    possibly, but only if hard launches are possible. Thus far, my TCU file won't allow for me to do this unfortunately, but maybe others would be able to achieve this.
    -Loe P.-
    Audizine Forum Moderator

('14 Audi S5 S-tronic )

AZ Member #

Good informational post, Loe..

I think with an icebox in the trunk, meth and a forced air induction type system that there is even more left in it - in addition to the fueling modifications you guys are now exploring (Matt, Loe, Geoff, others).. I could see these cars going mid 10s... The craziest part about all of this is that these cars are going high 10s with basically bolt ons.. No cams, no ported heads, no increased compression, no additional bore, no oiling modification. As mentioned above - most aren't even on a ported blower.. A great chassis to build cheap.. You can buy these cars for 15-20k now with higher miles and potentially get into the low 11s with fairly minimal dollars..

I know one thing - which I still flirt with buy a big HP car (E63S, etc) -- I love this fricking car. The power it makes immediately, the relative comfort it has and the cost:power ratio is awesome.. I always feels bummed that I live at elevation and DA's suck.. One day maybe I'll drive east and find a track in Nebraska or West Kansas and go run mine at sea level..

Good stuff, Fellas.. Let's keep pushing. Fast cars - especially for the money going into them.
    2018 SQ5 - Daytona, Prestige

*Sold*2011 S4 - EPL Dual Pulley + TCU - 20" BBS LM - Bilstein B12 - APR RSC Exhaust
    Deval CF Diffuser - Maxton Splitter - USP Intake - MercRacing HE - CR15 -AutoTech HPFP

Veteran Member Four Rings jimrobbington's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 Forester XT, lawn mower

Quote Originally Posted by JD S4 View Post
    Good informational post, Loe..

I think with an icebox in the trunk, meth and a forced air induction type system that there is even more left in it - in addition to the fueling modifications you guys are now exploring (Matt, Loe, Geoff, others).. I could see these cars going mid 10s... The craziest part about all of this is that these cars are going high 10s with basically bolt ons.. No cams, no ported heads, no increased compression, no additional bore, no oiling modification. As mentioned above - most aren't even on a ported blower.. A great chassis to build cheap.. You can buy these cars for 15-20k now with higher miles and potentially get into the low 11s with fairly minimal dollars..

I know one thing - which I still flirt with buy a big HP car (E63S, etc) -- I love this fricking car. The power it makes immediately, the relative comfort it has and the cost:power ratio is awesome.. I always feels bummed that I live at elevation and DA's suck.. One day maybe I'll drive east and find a track in Nebraska or West Kansas and go run mine at sea level..

Good stuff, Fellas.. Let's keep pushing. Fast cars - especially for the money going into them.
    Has anyone even broken into the 11s here at bandimere with the 3.0t yet? Our DAs are so bad...

Sent from my SM-G930VC using Tapatalk
    2012 Audi S4 Prestige 6 speed, 034 Stage 1, 034 SC pulley, USP Intake, custom x-pipe exhaust, 034 Trans Mount Insert, 034 Front/Rear Diff Mount Inserts, JHM Stage 3 clutch, JHM LWFW, USP SS clutch line, 034 boost tap, Podi boost gauge

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by jimrobbington View Post
    Has anyone even broken into the 11s here at bandimere with the 3.0t yet? Our DAs are so bad...

~10 years ago I was there in a testing/tuning a 996tt running 11.6-7 all day, good launch... great 60 foots, ect.

The same car run 10.50's at Atco a few months later with no changes..... its that bad up there.
    Tony Chick
    European Performance Labs
    Tony@eplabs.net
    Friend us on Facebook!

2018 Audi S4 : 1985 Audi URQ : 1976 VW Westfalia : 2014 Q7

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tony@EPL View Post
    ~10 years ago I was there in a testing/tuning a 996tt running 11.6-7 all day, good launch... great 60 foots, ect.

The same car run 10.50's at Atco a few months later with no changes..... its that bad up there.
    Haha wow, that is bad. What's even sadder is there's a local REVO big turbo S3 running low 11's up here now.

2012 Audi S4 Prestige 6 speed, 034 Stage 1, 034 SC pulley, USP Intake, custom x-pipe exhaust, 034 Trans Mount Insert, 034 Front/Rear Diff Mount Inserts, JHM Stage 3 clutch, JHM LWFW, USP SS clutch line, 034 boost tap, Podi boost gauge

Veteran Member Three Rings 4RCFED's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    12' Audi S4, 18' Discovery HSE (V), Durango R/T (sold), ML350 (sold)

Haha wow, that is bad. What's even sadder is there's a local REVO big turbo S3 running low 11's up here now.

Whats worse is the diesel trucks that run 10.7 during the power challenge, granted most of them blow up....
    2012 S4 DSG, Ibis, Nappa, sports diff, EPL stg 1 ECU/TCU, Eurocode intake, 034 TM, X-pipe, C-Quartz, Akebonos, BFI shift knob.

Senior Member Two Rings extratime's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I'm unsure why anyone would question a setup that included a ported S/C and larger TB trapping 125-126 on these cars. Hell, I trapped 120 in 80 degree temps and 1500 DA's with a stock S/C, stock TB, stock cats and wheel spin at the launch. I also did it with 8 gallons of 92 octane, 3 gallons of E85, and meth. My question is why only 125-126 it should be more because I know in good DA's and no wheel spin, it's possible for my car to trap 121-122 on my current setup. I do question how are cars could possibly out trap or even equal a GTR. Most GTR's I've seen run are trapping 130+. Maybe I'm only seeing modded GTR's, but that car seems like it's at a different level then the S4/5.

Established Member Three Rings Melen2120's Avatar
    AZ Member #

[QUOTE=Loe;13131167]I posted this in the Facebook technical discussion, a few people wanted to know the effects of AMAX vs non-AMAX acceleration, and I was able to capture it using my Dragy and it's G'force meter:

CLICK HERE for picture comparison - - - > AMAX vs. non-AMAX acceleration comparison using G-force data

This is very very important for the best 1/4 mile time.

IMG_0406.JPG

This is from my car ( a6 not an s4 ) and with amax itís a night and day difference .

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    Attached Images

Senior Member Four Rings whiped's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by extratime View Post
    I do question how are cars could possibly out trap or even equal a GTR. Most GTR's I've seen run are trapping 130+. Maybe I'm only seeing modded GTR's, but that car seems like it's at a different level then the S4/5.
    Stock GTRs especially the older ones, are not that quick.

Hell, even Andy's car which I know you've ran is tuned.

It took him running full E85 to consistently beat us.
    Geoff
    '13 S4 - Glacier White | DSG | 034 Stage 2++ | Current Setup
    452WHP / 443WTQ | 11.352 @ 119.26 | @dirtyaudi

AZ Member #
    My Garage

I'm unsure why anyone would question a setup that included a ported S/C and larger TB trapping 125-126 on these cars. Hell, I trapped 120 in 80 degree temps and 1500 DA's with a stock S/C, stock TB, stock cats and wheel spin at the launch. I also did it with 8 gallons of 92 octane, 3 gallons of E85, and meth. My question is why only 125-126 it should be more because I know in good DA's and no wheel spin, it's possible for my car to trap 121-122 on my current setup. I do question how are cars could possibly out trap or even equal a GTR. Most GTR's I've seen run are trapping 130+. Maybe I'm only seeing modded GTR's, but that car seems like it's at a different level then the S4/5.

hahaha 1500 DA at 80 degrees must be nice! It was 8600+DA yesterday at bandimere with 81 degree temps

AZ Member #

i wasnt questioning their builds; all i did was bring up what was said because olegís comment got taken off. i drive an S5 so why would i complain about S4/S5 thatís faster than GT-Rís with less hp? lmao. i just thought it would be an interesting convo & i learned more about the AMAX feature. Olegís traps are pretty low & i think his tcu tune can help that. heís definitely over 600whp on stock block. he should be trapping like 132-135 honestly. thats a lot of fucking power lmao. over 720+ crank hp.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by whiped View Post
    Stock GTRs especially the older ones, are not that quick.

Hell, even Andy's car which I know you've ran is tuned.

It took him running full E85 to consistently beat us.
    even the new GT-Rs trap like 124 mph. nismos trap 125. 2008-2012 trap like 120-122

AZ Member #

hahaha 1500 DA at 80 degrees must be nice! It was 8600+DA yesterday at bandimere with 81 degree temps

I feel for you, but I can't help where I live. BTW Geoff I'm not talking about the Skyline imported GTR's, I'm talking about the newer version. The version Nissan used to turn the car world upside down for awhaile.

AZ Member #

even the new GT-Rs trap like 124 mph. nismos trap 125. 2008-2012 trap like 120-122
    I made a pass last year against a trailered Nismo that trapped 140+. I swear he was at the 1/8th before I left the launch pad. He made 9's on that pass and let up.

AZ Member #

I feel for you, but I can't help where I live. BTW Geoff I'm not talking about the Skyline imported GTR's, I'm talking about the newer version. The version Nissan used to turn the car world upside down for awhaile.
    As was I, R35 GTRs.

I'm talking about the Silver GTR btw, his wife drives the S3.
    Geoff

AZ Member #

FML

heart breaker living here. People donít even know.

Sent from my
    2018 SQ5 - Daytona, Prestige

*Sold*2011 S4 - EPL Dual Pulley + TCU - 20" BBS LM - Bilstein B12 - APR RSC Exhaust
    Deval CF Diffuser - Maxton Splitter - USP Intake - MercRacing HE - CR15 -AutoTech HPFP

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JD S4 View Post
    FML

heart breaker living here. People donít even know.

Sent from my
    And it gets well over 10k DA on a really hot day lol

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 Subaru Forester 1986 Ford Mustang Gt

**NEW** 1/4 mile spreadsheet: Submit your time here

And it gets well over 10k DA on a really hot day lol

Subtract about 1 tenth for every 1000ft above sea level and thereís your sea level ET.... so if youíre running 11.8ís for example subtract .8 for 8000 DA and youíre at approximately 11.00ís.... canít change where we live or race... unless youíre willing to take a ride...lol...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Moogas1; 05-31-2018 at 04:38 PM.

AZ Member #

I made a pass last year against a trailered Nismo that trapped 140+. I swear he was at the 1/8th before I left the launch pad. He made 9's on that pass and let up.
    stock nismos donít run 9s. i mentioned a stock gtr because stock gtrs weigh roughly the same as a b8.5 s4/s5 & has about 500whp & ďonlyĒ trap 123-124. while Loe & S4matty trap more with less hp

AZ Member #

stock nismos donít run 9s. i mentioned a stock gtr because stock gtrs weigh roughly the same as a b8.5 s4/s5 & has about 500whp & ďonlyĒ trap 123-124. while Loe & S4matty trap more with less hp
    We have many local 1000+ whp GTRs, it was probably one of them.

Hell, I've seen this car run multiple times:
    Geoff

AZ Member #
    My Garage

We have many local 1000+ whp GTRs, it was probably one of them.

Hell, I've seen this car run multiple times:
    Jesus, how many hundred thousand is in that thing

AZ Member #

Never clammed that Nismo was stock.That's why I said it was trailered. And yes I stand corrected one local GTR that Geoff and I know well can't even trap 120. There's some driver error going on tho and I do recall PIR booting him one night last year for lack of safety gear so he must of accidentally made at least one good pass.

We do have several local GTR's pushing over 1k whp and there crazy to watch.

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    10 S4, 14 328d, 14 MDX

Lucas English is an absolute G for not shattering that thing into the wall. Iíd have pooped myself.

AZ Member #

Never clammed that Nismo was stock.That's why I said it was trailered. And yes I stand corrected one local GTR that Geoff and I know well can't even trap 120. There's some driver error going on tho and I do recall PIR booting him one night last year for lack of safety gear so he must of accidentally made at least one good pass.

We do have several local GTR's pushing over 1k whp and there crazy to watch.
    He's faster now as he dailys it on E85. He ran like 10.7@132 or something when they kicked him from PIR.

BTW, the S3 has a FAT turbo on it now, port injection and runs full E85+meth. Tuning seems to be an issue though, fastest I've seen it run is 12.0 @ 115 in limp mode lol
    Geoff

Established Member Two Rings 2013S4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Amax

Sent from my SM-G965U using Audizine mobile app

Account Terminated Three Rings
    AZ Member #

IMG_2177.JPG

Funny story. Wanted to know how my s4 stacks up against a competition package m4. So I bought an M4 and raced them against each other. Very interesting results...

Established Member Three Rings FromRagsToS4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Dude, seriously, get that garbage outta here. If you really want to talk about your M4 race results, create a new thread. That's not what this thread is about.
    2014 S4 Premium Plus/Glacier White Metallic/6spd Manual/Sports Diff/Adaptive Damping Suspension/Black Napa Leather/19" Peelers/B&O Sound/MMI-Navi/Side Assist/Carbon Atlas Inlays

AZ Member #

**NEW** 1/4 mile spreadsheet: Submit your time here

Quote Originally Posted by FromRagsToS4 View Post
    Dude, seriously, get that garbage outta here. If you really want to talk about your M4 race results, create a new thread. That's not what this thread is about.
    Itís relevant. M4 traps around 120. S4 was actually gaining on the m4 while having me and my wife in it. M4 had only a sales guy which agreed to pilot the m4. He happened to be a race car driver back in Macedonia. Now, if m4 is being reeled in and this m4 is a competition m4 with more hp. S4 should be trapping over 120 mph. I am waiting to go to PBIR next week with both cars. I am curious to see the results. S4 is short of a ported blower and still has stock cats. Before dual pulley, autotech pump and lightweight brake rotors I ran 11.8 @ 117. Hoping to be in 120 range and at least 11.5. Car takes off strong with a new remapped custom launch feature GIAC made for me. New launch gives me a smoother ďroll inĒ take off without a stall and bang normal launch gives you. I call this ďS-mash and Dash modeĒ.

IMG_2175.jpg

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Ban him. Now.
    2013 S4 - Glacier White - 6MT - Sport Diff - GIAC Stage 1 - Scorpion 2.5" Exhaust - Performance IE Intake - StopTech ST60

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 Subaru Forester 1986 Ford Mustang Gt

Quote Originally Posted by CrownSeven View Post
    Ban him. Now.

Senior Member Four Rings Brother Owl's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Jur Mahm

Witness the beginning of WestWest 2.0
    2013 S4 Estoril Blue Crystal 6MT / Prestige / Silver & Black / B&O / Sport Diff / 20% Tint / ECS SSK / E-codes / RS Grille / Ziza Yellow Fogs / ECS Slotted & Drilled Rotors / Akebono Pads / Roc Euro Intake

Denver to Vegas in 9:26 (2/27/15)

Previous: 2004 B6 S4 6MT, 2001 IS300

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 S4, 2015 SQ5, 2018 Ford F-150

Quote Originally Posted by FlyS4 View Post
    Car takes off strong with a new remapped custom launch feature GIAC made for me.
    Um... bullshit. GIAC isnít making anything custom for you. GIAC has one dealer in the US that does beta testing for the B8/8.5 platform. And there are only two beta testers for this platform (I am one of the two).

Also, bullshit about a salesman agreeing to race you in a car you havenít yet bought.
    2016 S4 P+ | 6MT | Sports Diff. | Tech. Package

S4 Build Thread

2015 SQ5 P+ | H&R Sport Springs & Bilstein Shocks

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Loe, What tune for each of the traps(cars) listed above?

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by DBFL View Post
    Um... bullshit. GIAC isnít making anything custom for you. GIAC has one dealer in the US that does beta testing for the B8/8.5 platform. And there are only two beta testers for this platform (I am one of the two).

Also, bullshit about a salesman agreeing to race you in a car you havenít yet bought.
    Shoot me a pm I will send you a video. I am not a liar.

AZ Member #

Nothing I'm particularly proud of but figured it might help get us back on track.

A few of the local S4s talked me into attempting to go to the track Friday after work. (I have a cracked windshield currently, so technically I shouldn't be able to run)

Surprisingly I made it through tech inspection so I made a few passes.

Full weight + some junk in the trunk, street tires, 3/4 tank of E44 fuel, 50/50 W/M.

The first few passes I just rolled off the line, the last few I was launching around 3k via the upswing method.

The car was short shifting every pass pretty much, below is from the 11.35 run:

Adjusting the TCU tune has been on the list for a while so I guess it is finally time for that. I'm also in the process of upping my PR a bit.

Hopefully this pig will see some 10s in the next month or two :)

Here is the entry in case things are still being updated:
    Code:
    Member name: Whiped
    Model: B8.5 S4
    Tran: DSG
    TCU Tune: 034
    ECU Tune: 034 
    Stage: 2+
    File: E40
    Fuel: 92/E85
    S/C pulley + size: AWE 57.55mm
    Crank Pulley + size: FD 189mm
    Pulley Ratio: 3.284
    D/A: 906
    Date: 06/01/2018
    Timeslip: https://i.imgur.com/sjG6oV2.jpg
    60ft: 1.584
    330ft: 4.641
    1/8 et: 7.224
    1/8 mph: 95.18
    1000ft: 9.469
    1/4 et: 11.352
    1/4 mph: 119.26
    Last edited by whiped; 06-04-2018 at 10:32 AM.
    Geoff

Senior Member Three Rings Rodizzle's Avatar
    AZ Member #

some junk in the trunk
    , good shit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AZ Member #

IATs on my passes, ambients were in the 70s DAs between 1400-900'

Pass 1 was right off the highway - Mash n go, no short shifting (11.719 @ 120.62)
    Pass 2 was a hot lap - Soft Launch, no short shifting (11.429 @ 121.29)
    Pass 3 I let it cool for a bit - launched -> short shifted (11.491 @ 119.15)
    Pass 4 was a hot lap - Soft launch, no short shifting (11.471 @ 120.64)
    Pass 5 I let it cool for an hour - launched -> short shifted (11.352 @ 119.26)
    Pass 6 was a hot lap - launched -> short shifted (11.511 @ 114.88)
    Pass 7 was a hot lap - launched -> short shifted (11.517 @ 119.79)

Overall it is better with the added res. We will see how it holds up to a bigger pulley.
    Geoff

Page 61 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast