Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by ah_kiat View Post
    After lowering...do u guys scrape your undercarriage when going over speed bumps on a slope? Mine does ever since I lowered
    What springs are you on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasiamon View Post
    What springs are you on?

Am on H&R Coilovers with 1finger gap in front. 1.5 finger gap at rear. On 245/35/19.

Established Member Two Rings ZeGerman_A4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

H&R is now at least showing springs for the B9 Allroad with a 1.8in drop. Rep couldnít tell me the spring rates though.

EMD (EmmanueleDesign) is also saying their springs fit the AR with a 1.6in drop, but I havenít seen anyone riding them. Anyone?

Had tires put on yesterday and will install them in a week or so. Waiting for spacers to arrive.

Depending on how it looks with factory springs I might still hold off and wait on MSSí kit or go for one of the above.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by ZeGerman_A4 View Post
    H&R is now at least showing springs for the B9 Allroad with a 1.8in drop. Rep couldnít tell me the spring rates though.

EMD (EmmanueleDesign) is also saying their springs fit the AR with a 1.6in drop, but I havenít seen anyone riding them. Anyone?

Had tires put on yesterday and will install them in a week or so. Waiting for spacers to arrive.

Depending on how it looks with factory springs I might still hold off and wait on MSSí kit or go for one of the above.

The adjustable height H&R Springs?

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasiamon View Post
    The adjustable height H&R Springs?

No just regular ones, but AR specific. Similar what theyíve been offering for the B8.5, but with 1.8in drop instead of 1.4in.
    Rep is saying there are no plans regarding adjustable springs for the AR.

H&R also shows coilers for B9 AR.

AZ Member #

No just regular ones, but AR specific. Similar what theyíve been offering for the B8.5, but with 1.8in drop instead of 1.4in.
    Rep is saying there are no plans regarding adjustable springs for the AR.

H&R also shows coilers for B9 AR.Audizine
    Sigh.
    MSS and KW youíre my only hope.

AZ Member #

***Update on AR adjustable springs***

Apparently MSS is aiming for a release before end of Q2 so we are looking at no later than end of June.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

B9 A4 Coilovers or Lowering Springs ... when?

I had the EMD lowering springs installed earlier this week. I'm seeing a little less than the 1.6", but they might settle like most springs. So far, I'm happy with the ride quality: Comfort setting almost feels softer than before (used to use that almost exclusively), but it makes the Dynamic setting much smoother, so I've been using that mostly now. Handles much better obviously, but I don't feel like I'm sacrificing much for ride or clearance.
    I had 19 x 8.5" BBS CH-R in Titanium w/ Michelin Pilot A/S 3+ 245/40/19. Might consider adding some spacers to get them flush, but I'm happy with everything for now.
    Got some iPhone parking lot pics for now, but its hard to see the lighting. I'll try to add more later.
    Let me know your thoughts...

Before
    IMG_1343.JPG
    After
    IMG_1344.JPG
    Last edited by rpparkster; 04-10-2018 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Photos didn't load

AZ Member #

B9 A4 Coilovers or Lowering Springs ... when?

Quote Originally Posted by rpparkster View Post
    I had the EMD lowering springs installed earlier this week. I'm seeing a little less than the 1.6", but they might settle like most springs. So far, I'm happy with the ride quality: Comfort setting almost feels softer than before (used to use that almost exclusively), but it makes the Dynamic setting much smoother, so I've been using that mostly now. Handles much better obviously, but I don't feel like I'm sacrificing much for ride or clearance.
    I had 19 x 8.5" BBS CH-R in Titanium w/ Michelin Pilot A/S 3+ 245/40/19. Might consider adding some spacers to get them flush, but I'm happy with everything for now.
    Got some iPhone parking lot pics for now, but its hard to see the lighting. I'll try to add more later.
    Let me know your thoughts...

Before:
    [IMG][/IMG]

After:
    Looks awesome and thanks for the feedback.

Did you have any reverse rake prior to the installation? Did the EMD take care of that maybe?
    Did you have to shorten the stops or modify anything else?

Can you share more pictures?

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

I personally think the car has a "reverse rake" because of the fender lines. When you look at the "door crease" above the door handles, you see that its almost parallel to the ground. Then look at how high the plastic fenders come up to that line, and the front fender is much closer to that line. I think that they designed it with extra clearance/rake in the front for some reason (i.e. chains?).
    I did get the front bumpstops shortened. I live in Southern CA so I had Thomas at EMD Auto do the install...very nice guy.

I'll try to get more pics because I realize you can't see the tire lines well in the lowered picture.
    Last edited by rpparkster; 04-06-2018 at 11:24 AM. Reason: typo

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by rpparkster View Post
    I personally think the car has a "reverse rake" because of the fender lines. When you look at the "door crease" above the door handles, you see that its almost parallel to the ground. Then look at how high the plastic fenders come up to that line, and the front fender is much closer to that line. I think that they designed it with extra clearance/rake in the front for some reason (i.e. chains?).
    I did get the front bumpstops shortened. I live in Southern CA so I had Thomas at EMD Auto do the install...very nice guy.

I'll try to get more pics because I realize you can't see the tire lines well in the lowered picture.
    It doesnít look to bad though.
    How much did you pay for the install if I may ask?

It would be great if you can share some more pictures.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

IMG_1372.JPG
    IMG_1373.JPG
    IMG_1374.JPG
    By request, sorry if it clutters the thread.

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Drop looks nice! Iím personally deciding Btwn EMD or 034. BTW, if u need spacers, BBS has there own version of a 5 mm spacer. It replaces the 66.6 hubring youíre currently using on those wheels. I myself will go with that option after a drop. At stock sport suspension height, itís 90% flush with the +32offset

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit coilover set

Hi all

Has anyone tried fitting the Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit coilover set on the car yet?
    Some before and after pics would be REALLY helpful please!
    It drops the car by 40mm but I hope to see what it looks like first before I commit.

Thanks!

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213