Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    Established Member Two Rings Taylor-S's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by avantagg View Post

The Lights:
    The headlight interior housings were blacked out and the LED strips painted aluminum silver. The result is something a little more aggressive and in line with the black/silver trim on the car.
    Chris, Did you do the blackout in the headlights yourself or did you source someone to do this? I have been wanting to upgrade to the European e-codes and do the same blackout, but hesitant to do this on new headlights myself.
    The avant looks unbelievable by the way!
    Build Thread Instagram: @ts_13allroad
    B8.5 allroad | APR Stage 2 (e-85) | APR Downpipe | AWE FMIC | Macan/Q5 345mm Brembo Front Brakes | Plasti-Dip'ed stuff

Senior Member Four Rings avantagg's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor-S View Post
    Chris, Did you do the blackout in the headlights yourself or did you source someone to do this?
    Thanks Taylor, I was hesitant about modding a set of ecodes too. I figured this would probably be better left to the pros. I used a company recommended by a few other members called Oneighty (http://oneightynyc.com). Their quality was top notch.
    2012 Facelift A4 Avant - Competition Plus - S-Line - Phantom Black
    Unitronic K04 | Unitronic FMIC | AFE | Fluidampr | Eurocode HFIP | Eurocode HFC | BB 3" Exhuast | Bilstein B12 Sportline | Alu Kreuz | CR-15 | H&R Sways | 034 Inserts | Ecodes | A5 Cluster Swap | 3G+ MMI | RS4 FBSW | Black Headliner Swap | BUILD THREAD

Established Member Three Rings Steelerhater37's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    BMW E36(98)M3 convertible//VW B6(07)Passat

Chris. Just spent the whole night reading through this incredible thread. U do some amazing work my friend!!! Keep at it as I m now subscribed. Fun times

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerhater37 View Post
    Chris. Just spent the whole night reading through this incredible thread. U do some amazing work my friend!!! Keep at it as I m now subscribed. Fun times

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    Thanks man! Itís been a labor of love.
    Unitronic K04 | Unitronic FMIC | AFE | Fluidampr | Eurocode HFIP | Eurocode HFC | BB 3" Exhuast | Bilstein B12 Sportline | Alu Kreuz | CR-15 | H&R Sways | 034 Inserts | Ecodes | A5 Cluster Swap | 3G+ MMI | RS4 FBSW | Black Headliner Swap | BUILD THREAD

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I just found out about that front bumper and was looking for one with no luck, how did you locate it?? That was the grille I was eyeing up for mine, I like it.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

PM Sent

Veteran Member Four Rings Das Ponto's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 Q5 S-line

Just saw your headlights, man those are sweet!
    Ryan
    13' Scuba Blue Allroad | APR Stage 2 | 034 HFC | H&R Sport Springs | Rotiform KPS
    Instagram: Dasponto | Flickr

Established Member Two Rings Taylor-S's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Thanks Taylor, I was hesitant about modding a set of ecodes too. I figured this would probably be better left to the pros. I used a company recommended by a few other members called Oneighty (http://oneightynyc.com). Their quality was top notch.
    Thanks for the info, Chris! Hopefully I will get some set here soon.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Audizine mobile app
    Build Thread Instagram: @ts_13allroad
    B8.5 allroad | APR Stage 2 (e-85) | APR Downpipe | AWE FMIC | Macan/Q5 345mm Brembo Front Brakes | Plasti-Dip'ed stuff

Established Member Two Rings asal's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by AUDIMAN33 View Post
    When you're ready to sell this DM me lmao
    i was just thinking the same thing...

just an amazing job on the build!

-adam
    B8 Avant S-line
    ...former A3 TDI, mkiv owner

AZ Member #

Last weekend I rallied down to Lime Rock Park for the annual Avantoberfest meet up. The turn out was huge, bringing in everything from classic C4 S6 avants to bagged B9 Allroads. I met some great people and saw some awesome builds. The blast up the backroads to Stratton, VT with a bunch of other wagons was especially fun.

Here are a few pics from the weekend. Huge thanks to Eric @killerbootsmann and Benny @audi_bahn for the awesome pictures (follow their IGís if you donít already)!

Last edited by avantagg; 10-15-2018 at 07:16 AM.

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    05 Subaru LGT (HTA71)

Damn how did I miss the pow-wow for that last pic! Was that Sunday? I don't remember seeing killerboots or audi_bahn's cars at Lime Rock.

Great shots you got. I unfortunately got very few pics of myself haha.

I've got a couple of your car. I borrowed the girl's fancy camera and didn't really know what I was doing with it so trying to filter out the junk from the decent before I post them up.
    > 2015 Glacier White allroad P+ <
    > Airlift 3P <> SPC CAs <> Vossen VFS-2 Satin Bronze <
    > Magnaflow CBE <
    > RS4 FBSW <> Piano Black Trim <> BFI Shift Knob <
    > NGP Rearguard <

Senior Member Three Rings redavant's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Love it! What a beauty youíve created!
    Misano Red 2011 B8 A4 Avant S-Line Prestige
    My Build | AvantGarde M510 265/30/19 | RS4 grill | Euro Tail Lights | RS6 Steering Wheel | S-Tronic shifter |

Established Member Two Rings 300zx2g35's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Ugh sad I missed it this year
    2014 B8.5 S4 Prestige Avant
    Eventuri Red Kevlar Intake | Mertop Headers | AWE Track Exhaust| AWE Resonated Downpipes| EPL Stage 2 183/57 DP + DSG
    DIY E-Codes | Clear Lenses | LED Fogs | Vorsteiner VFF-102 | Eventuri Red Kevlar Slam Panel | Vorsteiner Carbon Front Lip | ECS Carbon Rear Diffuser | RS4 Carbon Spoiler | Audi ZubehŲr Side Skirts | Euro Tails
    Piano Black Surround | P3 Vent Gauge

Established Member Two Rings asal's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Great posts. followed @audi_bahn & @killerbootsmann on ig! (FYI @killerboots 'aint what I was looking for, lol)
    B8 Avant S-line
    ...former A3 TDI, mkiv owner

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

absolutely gorgeous, well done.

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2019 Cayman GTS, 2016 Forester XT, 2013 S5, 2011 A4 avanti, 2004 TSX

So gorgeous avant & pics!
    2019 718 Cayman GTS 6MT
    2016 Subaru Dark Grey Forester XT touring
    2013 Audi Phantom Black S5 6MT Sport Diff, 20" BBS CH-R, Navi, B&O, PSS10, AK, EC sway, Alcon BBK, RS grille & Ecode
    2011 Audi Deep Sea Blue A4 Avant prestige, 19" OEM Ti rotors, PSS10, AK, sway, RS style grille + rear spoiler, Votrex diffusor
    2004 Acura Premium White TSX 6MT

Veteran Member Four Rings DownhillA4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Love this build, so happy you got to meet all the boys at Avantoberfest. Bummer I didn't make it up this year for all the new avant builds.

When I'm in Portland, ME next... definitely want to see this sucker in person. Details on UK company who shipped the Dynamic? Thanks!
    IG: @I_like_your_box
    @downhill_a4

"If you are a true automotive enthusiast whom loves their car,
    you learn to catch rides to parties and leave your car at home."- dougyfresh

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by DownhillA4 View Post
    Love this build, so happy you got to meet all the boys at Avantoberfest. Bummer I didn't make it up this year for all the new avant builds.

When I'm in Portland, ME next... definitely want to see this sucker in person. Details on UK company who shipped the Dynamic? Thanks!
    Thanks! Bummer you missed it this year it was a fun event. Let me know if you are ever around Portland. The name of the company I used to get the box was called Vospers. I have a contact there if you want it.

AZ Member #

Swapped out the footwell and door pocket LEDs for some red ones recently and put the peelers on for winter. Winter mode engaged!

Senior Member Four Rings 19birel's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '13 A4 Prem+, '00 VW Golf GLS

I like the LEDs! Did you have to change some setting in order to get them to be so bright? I enabled the ambient lighting in my car via Carista but there is no menu to make them brighter in the MMI, Carista seemingly only has an option for adding a menu in non-MMI cars.
    "Emmaline" Monsoon Grey Metallic/Titanium Grey 2013 Audi A4 Prem+ 2.0T Quattro 6MT w/Sport Pkg BUILD THREAD
    OEM S-Line front end conversion | Forge DV spacer | ADS enabled + other VCDS tweaks | Morimoto XB

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by 19birel View Post
    I like the LEDs! Did you have to change some setting in order to get them to be so bright? I enabled the ambient lighting in my car via Carista but there is no menu to make them brighter in the MMI, Carista seemingly only has an option for adding a menu in non-MMI cars.
    Thanks, I have the ambient lighting set to full. But the new chips are way brighter. They have 6 LEDs instead of one on the oem ones. It makes a big difference.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

OEM+ 2012 Phantom Black Avant Build Thread

I believe you can add the ambient menu option to the MMI through the green screen. Try instructions here.

http://www.audienthusiasts.com/VagComINLight.html

Jeff

Senior Member Four Rings 19birel's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '13 A4 Prem+, '00 VW Golf GLS

Thanks, I have the ambient lighting set to full. But the new chips are way brighter. They have 6 LEDs instead of one on the oem ones. It makes a big difference.
    Oh okay, what brand are they?
    Quote Originally Posted by JLAllroad View Post
    I believe you can add the ambient menu option to the MMI through the green screen. Try instructions here.

Jeff
    Thanks for the link! I'll give that a try tonight!
    "Emmaline" Monsoon Grey Metallic/Titanium Grey 2013 Audi A4 Prem+ 2.0T Quattro 6MT w/Sport Pkg BUILD THREAD
    OEM S-Line front end conversion | Forge DV spacer | ADS enabled + other VCDS tweaks | Morimoto XB

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by JLAllroad View Post

Jeff
    Yes that works did it on my allroad. See my post here

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...1#post12724945

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Wow! your avant is reaching another level! That box looks way better than the Motion XT!
    2019 718 Cayman GTS 6MT
    2013 Audi Phantom Black S5 6MT Sport Diff, 20" BBS CH-R, Navi, B&O, PSS10, AK, EC sway, Alcon BBK, RS grille & Ecode
    2011 Audi Deep Sea Blue A4 Avant prestige, 19" OEM Ti rotors, PSS10, AK, sway, RS style grille + rear spoiler, Votrex diffusor

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    05 Subaru LGT (HTA71)

Damn, what size peelers? Looks mean in anthracite!

I also just remembered: when cruising behind you at Avantoberfest, your amber semi dynamic tails looked amazing!
    > Magnaflow CBE <
    > NGP Rearguard <

Veteran Member Four Rings JBAeroEngineer's Avatar
    AZ Member #

did you ever do any kind of full bra on that competition front end, if not, curious as to why?
    2018 A4 | Mythos | Prestige | S

AZ Member #

Oh okay, what brand are they?
    I went with a no name ebay brand because they ended up being 1/4 of the price from some of the other places I had seen. They work great! Link here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/4Pcs-Error-...5/253616559409

Quote Originally Posted by ians View Post
    Wow! your avant is reaching another level! That box looks way better than the Motion XT!
    Thank Ian! The lines on the Dynamic just seem to work on the B8 Avant and Allroad. It hasn't come off the car since I picked it up this summer :)

Quote Originally Posted by Allthea View Post
    Damn, what size peelers? Looks mean in anthracite!

I also just remembered: when cruising behind you at Avantoberfest, your amber semi dynamic tails looked amazing!
    Thanks Alex! That was such a fun cruise. So many awesome wagons up there. I run S5 peelers for winter. They are 19x9 ET33.

Quote Originally Posted by JBAeroEngineer View Post
    did you ever do any kind of full bra on that competition front end, if not, curious as to why?
    Indeed! I had the front cover paint protected with 3M film by a local tint shop. Definitely worth it. I am regretting not getting the hood and fenders done but it was all I had budgeted for at the time.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    05 Subaru LGT (HTA71)

Thanks Alex! That was such a fun cruise. So many awesome wagons up there. I run S5 peelers for winter. They are 19x9 ET33.
    What size tire? It looks awesome.
    > Magnaflow CBE <
    > NGP Rearguard <

AZ Member #

What size tire? It looks awesome.
    I run 255/35/19 for summer and winter and have had no issues with rubbing on the B12 sportline sedan suspension set-up. Fitment is just about flush front and rear.

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Wow man, I love what have done to your car! Looks Beautiful

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Thank Ian! The lines on the Dynamic just seem to work on the B8 Avant and Allroad. It hasn't come off the car since I picked it up this summer :)
    So did you use touchless carwash with the box on? The box retailer told me not to so I have to take mine off after each ski trip. Since I don't have a place to hand wash my avant during winter.
    2019 718 Cayman GTS 6MT

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    05 Subaru LGT (HTA71)

So did you use touchless carwash with the box on? The box retailer told me not to so I have to take mine off after each ski trip. Since I don't have a place to hand wash my avant during winter.
    Ha. I almost went to the touchless carwash today with my Thule Motion Alpine XT but couldn't make it. I'm interested to see the answer to this.
    > Magnaflow CBE <
    > NGP Rearguard <

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Rappefiets View Post
    Wow man, I love what have done to your car! Looks Beautiful
    Thank you! Itís been a journey through the Audi parts bin :)

Iíve taken mine through a touchless car wash several times. I wasnít aware it was bad for anything. No issues with clearance. Are they ceramic coated or something?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    05 Subaru LGT (HTA71)

Seems like it wouldn't be a problem at all and I'm glad to hear you've done it with no issues. The box manufacturer might just be playing safe thinking the pressure would be too high.
    > Magnaflow CBE <
    > NGP Rearguard <

Veteran Member Four Rings dropshadow's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Ha. I almost went to the touchless carwash today with my Thule Motion Alpine XT but couldn't make it. I'm interested to see the answer to this.
    I've taken my box through touchless washes many times. No issues to report.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    05 Subaru LGT (HTA71)

Glad to hear your experience is positive as well. I'll be taking it in tonight, hopefully, before the temps start to drop again. On that note - hope you are doing OK with those crazy cold temps in MN!
    > Magnaflow CBE <
    > NGP Rearguard <

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Thank you! Itís been a journey through the Audi parts bin :)

Iíve taken mine through a touchless car wash several times. I wasnít aware it was bad for anything. No issues with clearance. Are they ceramic coated or something?
    Sounds good then I dun have to take off the box from now on! Without the box, the looks on my avant is missing something LOL
    2019 718 Cayman GTS 6MT

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516