Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 91 of 91 FirstFirst ... 4181899091
Results 3,601 to 3,605 of 3605
    Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    There is something to the correlation between your peak GS on the MAF and what horsepower you make. At least there is for my car. During my tweaking the wastegate and GIAC switch over I dynoed my car. I did 270 WHP and 294 TQ. My peak MAF was almost identical to my WHP within 1 HP. Having made more adjustments and seeing a rise in airflow on the MAF, itís safe to say that my WHP did increase some. Maybe not to 282 like my MAF now says is peak, but I would bet money my car would be closer to 280 WHP than 270 now.

Itís not an exact science but MAF readings can tell you a lot. Sure, 100 octane files and WM injection will skew that scale but itís pretty accurate on pump gas in my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    2005.5 A4 Avant: JHM K04R, GIAC K04 tune, RS4 PRV, RS4 fuel pump controller, Treadstone TR6 intercooler core with JHM pipe kit, CTS Turbo test pipe, ECS Tuning snub mount, 034 street tranny mount, 034 street motor mounts, ECS Tuning turbo inlet pipe, ECS Tuning RA4 clutch conversion, Billy Boat Stealth cat back, Fluidampr, H&R springs, Bilstein B4 sport shocks, ECS short shifter

Senior Member Three Rings Perry01's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Touareg V8 FSI MK7 GTI - B8.5 Q5 - B8 A4

Like I said earlier, MAF values are a good gauge on power output. I maxed out at 230 g/s at Stage 2 but now my MAF values are over 300 g/s. I was seeing 27 psi of boost on my stage 2 tune whereas now I peek at 24 psi with the K04. The K04 pumps are higher volume of air into the motor so comparing boost with the two turbos is meaningless.
    CTS K04 / IE custom tune / Wagner FMIC / Custom ZF8 TCU tune

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Do you guys have 2.55 bar boost sensors like B7ís do? Any boost above 22.5 PSI wonít be seen by the boost sensor so it wonít regulate the right amount of fuel past 22.5 because it doesnít see that boost.

Unless you guys have 3 bar sensors, having more than 22.5 PSI might not add any more power anyway. Or it will be really lean.

Just an example of less boost possibly making better power.

2005.5 A4 Avant: JHM K04R, GIAC K04 tune, RS4 PRV, RS4 fuel pump controller, Treadstone TR6 intercooler core with JHM pipe kit, CTS Turbo test pipe, ECS Tuning snub mount, 034 street tranny mount, 034 street motor mounts, ECS Tuning turbo inlet pipe, ECS Tuning RA4 clutch conversion, Billy Boat Stealth cat back, Fluidampr, H&R springs, Bilstein B4 sport shocks, ECS short shifter

Senior Member Three Rings Perry01's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Touareg V8 FSI MK7 GTI - B8.5 Q5 - B8 A4

Quote Originally Posted by EvolutionArmory View Post
    Do you guys have 2.55 bar boost sensors like B7ís do? Any boost above 22.5 PSI wonít be seen by the boost sensor so it wonít regulate the right amount of fuel past 22.5 because it doesnít see that boost.

Unless you guys have 3 bar sensors, having more than 22.5 PSI might not add any more power anyway. Or it will be really lean.

Just an example of less boost possibly making better power.
    I don't know how many bars the boost sensors are but I had the Beta version of IEís first B8 K04 tune. During the development of the tune, I was seeing boost spikes of over 27 PSI at ~4200 RPM. Fuel was still being delivered and it moved like a raped ape. 22.4 PSI is the max the ECU will request but actual boost may be a bit higher. 22.4 PSI seems to be the sweet spot where the turbo is quite efficient.
    CTS K04 / IE custom tune / Wagner FMIC / Custom ZF8 TCU tune

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Yeah, the turbo can make more boost. I see 26 PSI spikes all the time on my gauge. The ECU just isnít supplying more fuel over 22.5 PSI if you have a 2.55 bar sensor.

Page 91 of 91 FirstFirst ... 4181899091