Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 Audi S6, 2018 Q7 Prestige, 2018 Q70S daily, 2017 GT-r

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    My 1gb for $10 a month disappeared...so I was left with no choice but the $20 pre month. I've never gone over 1g...so its kind of a waste. I intend to call Audi and see if I can go back to 1G plan. Or negotiate a better deal.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    01 a4 1.8tqm stock

Quote Originally Posted by tomc585 View Post
    I think this is my issue. The card i received requires fp.com.attz so i guess its not the global card and thats why its not working. Can anyone confirm this?

Edit: I checked my APN settings again and it appears that this may be case sensitive. I initially entered Fp.com.attz because it defaults to uppercase on the first entry. I corrected it to fp.com.attz (all lower case) and it is now working.
    I think you have a newer modem to accept newer towers. Mine is 2013, I mostly only get 2G, and it is the oldest modem that came in MMI 3G+. I tried to do lowercase and no matter what, it didn't work.

My global sim from ebay, which is almost a month old, is slightly above 20mb. I don't use Google overlay.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 Q5, 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee, VAGCOM Available

I checked and the audi connect features also are working, weather, find gas etc. However myaudi and audiconnect accounts wont accept my new freedompop sim# when i tried to change it online from the original audi supplied sim.

AZ Member #

I checked and the audi connect features also are working, weather, find gas etc. However myaudi and audiconnect accounts wont accept my new freedompop sim# when i tried to change it online from the original audi supplied sim.
    Don't change the SIM # online... You don't have to. I'm an original owner, 2013 Q7, modem upgrade, using FP global SIM. All functions work fine. I use the Google maps overlay. Only ran over 200 MB on a long trip...

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

AZ Member #

Same exact issue i have because i never had an audi connect account active with the original Tmobile sim. I think the only thing we really miss out on is being able to send a destination from your phone...thats about it from what i can tell...everything else works fine in the MMI.
    2012 A6 3.0T Prestige
    EPL Stage 1

AZ Member #
    My Garage

So with the added friends data we are capped at 700mb or is it 700mb plus the included 200mb? and is it friends data reoccurring every month automatically?

Senior Member Three Rings SpectreGadget's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 Audi A7 Prestige, 2007 Honda Odyssey Touring, 2014 Kia Soul !

Quote Originally Posted by phast_a6 View Post
    So Freedom Pop offers a free 200MB per month, and anything above that they charge. I tried checking my Audi connect plan so I can check my usage history to gauge my monthly charges with Freedom Pop. One thing that is interesting Audi revised their data plans. I normally got the 5GB for 6 months at a cost of $99. Normally it just expires before I run out of available data. They now have a 1GB for $10 per month and a few others. I picked the 1GB plan to avoid overage charges and configuration changes since I use on average just under 800MB per month.
    Which year car do you have? When I'm on the page, these are the only options I see:
    Untitled.jpg

AZ Member #
    My Garage

So with the added friends data we are capped at 700mb or is it 700mb plus the included 200mb? and is it friends data reoccurring every month automatically?
    So my 1st month is complete. I have added many friends to my pool and had accumulated an extra 500mb over the 200mb included. My new month has started and my account page shows I have 1.17gb left. Not complaining but I cant figure out what the policy is.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

so ive been using the free version of freedompop sim in my q5 for a while now and its been pretty good so far. Fredom pop is now offering unlimited talk, text and 5gig for $15. I guess thats to compete with Sprints new kickstart offer for unlimited for $15.

I was wondering since Freedompop uses Sprint service cant I use a Sprint sim in my q5? I know it will only be 3g but what APN settings would i use?

AZ Member #

so ive been using the free version of freedompop sim in my q5 for a while now and its been pretty good so far. Fredom pop is now offering unlimited talk, text and 5gig for $15. I guess thats to compete with Sprints new kickstart offer for unlimited for $15.

I was wondering since Freedompop uses Sprint service cant I use a Sprint sim in my q5? I know it will only be 3g but what APN settings would i use?
    Nope, the internal system in the car is GSM/LTE, while Sprint is CDMA/LTE.

Guys that have the "free" sim, watch out. FreedomPop tried to charge me 26 bucks when I haven't used my sim in months. I cancelled them.

Veteran Member Three Rings toastsauce's Avatar
    AZ Member #

They also made me switch from 3g to lte and now I can't get their sim to work

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2014 Audi S5 3.0T Prestige | Black Optics | Sports Diff
    APR Stage 2 ECU | 034 TCU | Roc Euro CAI | B12 Pro Kit | 034 Rear Sway + Links | 034 Motor Mounts | JHM Test Pipes
    EC Alu Kruez | CR-15 | EC T&B Diff & Trans Mounts | USP SS Brake Lines | EBC Yellow Stuff Pad | BP Slotted & Drilled Rotors

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MadMaxD View Post
    Guys that have the "free" sim, watch out. FreedomPop tried to charge me 26 bucks when I haven't used my sim in months. I cancelled them.
    My account was suspended because i didnt use it one month. I tried to use it and it wasnt working, went to my account page and i just had to wake up the account.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234