Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 110 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110
Results 4,361 to 4,392 of 4392
    Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mops@Nemesis View Post
    like to have a new ride every 2-3 years... and I mod them just the same as I would if purchased. Exhaust, intake, wheels, suspension, BBK, stage 1 etc.
    dibs on exhaust and BBK in 2021!
    🤓

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Mops@Nemesis's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '18 S4, '16 SQ5

Quote Originally Posted by Charles.waite View Post
    Unless I go crazy and swap a 6mt b8 s4 drivetrain into a b8 Avant. That would be freaking awesome.
    Mah pee pee just moved a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by VroomVroom View Post
    FWIW, I've contemplated leasing my last two ('13 Q5 3.0T and this one), but the rates against financing at 0.9% and 1.9% APR, respectively, just didn't work. I would've been roughly $150/mo higher on each. Weird. Anyway...echo. As long as you don't mind paying twice for some of the hefty labor (or labor outside your expertise, anyway) and you have a mammoth basement to store your stock parts (I'm not jealous....at all) mod a leased vehicle to your heart's content.

Man....the nights I dealt with insomnia by thinking about a B8 S4 Avant....sigh.
    For comparison, my SQ lease is $663 per month. Sticker was $63.5K.

Do you happen to know Austin Freeman? He's not far from you, and present in the music scene. Random I know... He was a good childhood buddy that I ran across for the first time in decade earlier today.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty Mope View Post
    dibs on exhaust and BBK in 2021!
    🤓
    DONE! 😛
    034Motorsport | Advan | AG | Akrapovič | AWE | BBS | BC Forged | Brembo | Capristo | Deval | Forgeline | H&R | KW | Milltek | OZ | Sparco | Stoptech | TSW | Volk | Vorsteiner | Work | and many more

Veteran Member Four Rings VroomVroom's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Do you happen to know Austin Freeman? He's not far from you, and present in the music scene. Random I know... He was a good childhood buddy that I ran across for the first time in decade earlier today.
    Mine is still moving a little, but I'm older, so....you know. Sigh.

Man, that's cheaper than my payment by quite a bit. Granted, I added in about $1,700 in negative equity, but still... Good for you. The lease option disappeared from the table quickly on my SQ, even with pretty solid credit. The buy-in was steep and the resid % just didn't seem happy. No complaints - I'm very happy - just surprising the gap is so big.

I know *of* Austin. We've got a lot of friends and cronies in common, and I know he's held in high regard in the singer-songwriter scene. I love that vibe, but I confess to being a capitalist and generally there just isn't any money for those cats to hire backing players. Definitely awesome to hear of the connection, though.
    --Jerry || 2016 SQ5 P+, Glacier White; Tech, Nappa, Black Optics, 21's.
    Suspension || H&R Springs - 29001-3; Bilstein B8 Dampers - 24-145985 (F) & 24-145992 (R)
    Wheels & Tires || BBS CI-R - CIR 0501 BPO, 20x10 ET25 Satin Black; Continental DWS06 275/40
    ...Formerly: 13' Q5 3.0T '12 Q5 3.2, '08 A4 Avant 3.2, '06 A4 Avant 3.2.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '18 S4, '16 SQ5

Mine is still moving a little, but I'm older, so....you know. Sigh.

Man, that's cheaper than my payment by quite a bit. Granted, I added in about $1,700 in negative equity, but still... Good for you. The lease option disappeared from the table quickly on my SQ, even with pretty solid credit. The buy-in was steep and the resid % just didn't seem happy. No complaints - I'm very happy - just surprising the gap is so big.

I know *of* Austin. We've got a lot of friends and cronies in common, and I know he's held in high regard in the singer-songwriter scene. I love that vibe, but I confess to being a capitalist and generally there just isn't any money for those cats to hire backing players. Definitely awesome to hear of the connection, though.
    As long as it'll dance and salute when needed 👍🏼

It does help that Nemesis also runs an Audi store 😎

Really??? Man if you ever can, tell him Ben Pagett says hello. He's a great guy. Funny... Gravy roomed with another good buddy of mine, who happens to be in the industry too. He was/is a drummer for Sara Bareilles.
    034Motorsport | Advan | AG | Akrapovič | AWE | BBS | BC Forged | Brembo | Capristo | Deval | Forgeline | H&R | KW | Milltek | OZ | Sparco | Stoptech | TSW | Volk | Vorsteiner | Work | and many more

AZ Member #

Really??? Man if you ever can, tell him Ben Pagett says hello. He's a great guy. Funny... Gravy roomed with another good buddy of mine, who happens to be in the industry too. He was/is a drummer for Sara Bareilles.
    Too cool for school. Small world! Chris Morrissey, Sara's bass player/MD is a great fellow. Some time we'll have to talk about cats in your neck of the woods. I have a lot of cronies also associated with Roscoe Guitars. I really enjoyed the week I spent in Greensboro.

I'll keep an eye out for Austin, for sure. I have a couple of things lined up with a buddy of his - Iari Melchor - so hopefully we'll connect. My hit this Saturday night is with a group who runs in some of those same circles, so I'll ask them too.
    Suspension || H&R Springs - 29001-3; Bilstein B8 Dampers - 24-145985 (F) & 24-145992 (R)
    Wheels & Tires || BBS CI-R - CIR 0501 BPO, 20x10 ET25 Satin Black; Continental DWS06 275/40

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '18 S4, '16 SQ5

Too cool for school. Small world! Chris Morrissey, Sara's bass player/MD is a great fellow. Some time we'll have to talk about cats in your neck of the woods. I have a lot of cronies also associated with Roscoe Guitars. I really enjoyed the week I spent in Greensboro.

I'll keep an eye out for Austin, for sure. I have a couple of things lined up with a buddy of his - Iari Melchor - so hopefully we'll connect. My hit this Saturday night is with a group who runs in some of those same circles, so I'll ask them too.
    Please do. That would mean a lot to me. I feel like he'll be taken back, too.

So Jerry - You're a pro detailer by day, and musician by night? You have an awesome gig my man.

AZ Member #

Please do. That would mean a lot to me. I feel like he'll be taken back, too.

So Jerry - You're a pro detailer by day, and musician by night? You have an awesome gig my man.
    I'll keep you posted!

IT guy by day, musician by night. Detailer mostly by hobby these days. Two shoulder surgeries took me out of the volume game. These days I'm good for one or two correction details a month, although I enjoy teaming up with others on big jobs. I'm just trying to be 1/3 as cool as Mops...still a few fraction points to go.

Senior Member Three Rings buggravy's Avatar
    AZ Member #

As long as it'll dance and salute when needed 👍🏼

It does help that Nemesis also runs an Audi store 😎

Ha, as I was reading down was thinking you have a lot of seven degrees of Kevin Bacon connections with forum members and musicians. Josh has a lot of irons in the fire at the moment, most noticeably Jennifer Nettles, and John Oates. Don't think he's playing with Sara anymore though.
    '16 SQ5 - Sepang Blue w/Black Optics - APR Stage 1 | BC Forged RS45 w/DWS06 295 | Magnaflow | 034 RSB, endlinks, X-brace, trans insert | ROW suspension | TAG blackout badges | Carbon Fiber mirror caps

Established Member Two Rings tastic's Avatar
    AZ Member #

What did you do to your Q/SQ5 today?

Unless I go crazy and swap a 6mt b8 s4 drivetrain into a b8 Avant. That would be freaking awesome.

This guy bought a brand new B9 A4 Avant and B9 S4 and created this one off B9 S4 Avant.

Veteran Member Four Rings Charles.waite's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I mean, thatís great if youíve got money to burn I suppose. But frankly the novelty wears off for me when you see the gear shifter...

Still though, a fast wagon is a fast wagon, and that one is beautiful.
    -CP
    2008 Brilliant Black Unicorn (2.0t S-Line Ti 6MT Avant) - Bosch FR6KPP332S plugs - Q5 Rear Aero Wiper
    2012 Q5 2.0t - Stock Mommy Missile
    Former USP CLUB MEMBER #136
    2004 A4 1.8TQ 6MT USP - APR Stage 1+ - FSI Coils - BKR7EIX-11 - B6S4 Front + B7A4 Rear Brakes - 034 Street Trans Mount
    SOLD -- 2006 A4 2.0TQ Avant Tiptronic

Senior Member Three Rings Thudux's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 Jeep Wrangler

Congrats! I have a Florett SQ5 coming soon too. I've leased my last 4 Audi's. If you like to have a new ride every 2-3 years, and pay less per month, why not. On my current SQ5, I'm paying a good $150 less per month than finance, and don't have to fool with private sell or crappy trade-in. A lease provides nothing but wins for me.

And I mod them just the same as I would if purchased. Exhaust, intake, wheels, suspension, BBK, stage 1 etc.
    Yeah I understand but it will never be yours and you will ALWAYS have a car note. Just trying to see what the pros are in case I ever decide to do this.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 Jeep Wrangler

DONE! 😛
    Not bad but for how many years? and also if decide to purchase after what would be the balance? Would you end up paying more if just bought out right?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '18 S4, '16 SQ5

Quote Originally Posted by Thudux View Post
    Yeah I understand but it will never be yours and you will ALWAYS have a car note. Just trying to see what the pros are in case I ever decide to do this.
    I actually love that it's not mine. That's not meaningful to me, and I enjoy my vehicles more now. I don't worry about them like I used to. I use them however I like and beat on them pretty good. Swap for a new toy 2-3 years later and repeat. And no matter, for me, they'll always belong to either the bank or Audi. I get it though. I owned ~30 vehicles previous to my first lease, and never really cared to lease or wanted to learn.

Not bad but for how many years? and also if decide to purchase after what would be the balance? Would you end up paying more if just bought out right?
    3 years, 10K miles per year. But you can return early if you get another. I only kept my S3 for a year, and my current S4 will go back after around 1.5 years for the RS5 SB. They just make it work. No clue on the buy. Not something I'll ever do.

Veteran Member Four Rings pierreb's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Q7 (4M)

Leasing makes plenty of sense for a lot of people. Iím not totally against it but Iíd rather finance a CPO or used car as opposed to leasing or financing new. I also definitely donít get bored with cars though so getting a new car isnít really an upgrade.

Besides AoA deems us I fit for manuals in general anymore much less manual wagons so Iím going to be sticking with my b7 for a long long time.

There's one in Virginia that Brian at NGP did with an S4 donor. He swapped everything including seats. My B8 avant is 6MT-swapped but *only* with a K04 :P. I thought about doing the S4/S5 swap, but decided to buy an SQ5 instead and have both.

Established Member Two Rings tastic's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Installed the RS style grille tonight

Senior Member Two Rings DizkoDan's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2017 Dogde Durango R/T

I actually love that it's not mine. That's not meaningful to me, and I enjoy my vehicles more now. I don't worry about them like I used to. I use them however I like and beat on them pretty good. Swap for a new toy 2-3 years later and repeat. And no matter, for me, they'll always belong to either the bank or Audi. I get it though. I owned ~30 vehicles previous to my first lease, and never really cared to lease or wanted to learn.

3 years, 10K miles per year. But you can return early if you get another. I only kept my S3 for a year, and my current S4 will go back after around 1.5 years for the RS5 SB. They just make it work. No clue on the buy. Not something I'll ever do.
    I've leased a few and had a loan on several. Since I've only bought a car outright twice, it's mostly the same thing. You owe the bank either way, the only difference is on a lease you hand over the keys and walk away. With a loan, you're on the hook to sell it or pay it off at any point. Obviously, you have no real equity in a lease, unless of course you got an amazing deal and buy it out, or sell it. So that's something to think about as well.

I'll always consider a lease if I'm getting a brand new vehicle. To me the key is all about the deal. You want to put as little as possible down on a lease. People do crazy shit like put 5k or 10k down on a lease to get lower payments. You're literally giving that money away. It's more important to understand the money factor and residual, so you truly know what you're paying and can compare that against a loan to figure out what's the better deal. There are also often awesome incentives that can be bundled into the lease, lowering the total price even more. Since I always have the same loan terms through my credit union (they never change it), it's super easy for me to shop. I never have to deal with dealer financing unless I choose to lease. I find the car I want, negotiate the price of the car not factoring in incentives, then compare the lease terms vs loan with whatever available incentives there are, and do whichever makes the most sense to me at that time.
    *current* 2014 Ibis White q5 3.0t
    *sold* 2013 Ibis White s-line a3 quattro
    *sold* 2004 cobalt blue allroad 2.7t

AZ Member #

Iíve personally not leased a car but my parents always have. A lot of it depends on what you want. Leasing makes sense if you donít want to pay for maintenance or want a new car after a few years or just donít want the hassle of ownership.
    -CP
    2008 Brilliant Black Unicorn (2.0t S-Line Ti 6MT Avant) - Bosch FR6KPP332S plugs - Q5 Rear Aero Wiper
    2004 A4 1.8TQ 6MT USP - APR Stage 1+ - FSI Coils - BKR7EIX-11 - B6S4 Front + B7A4 Rear Brakes - 034 Street Trans Mount

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by pierreb View Post
    There's one in Virginia that Brian at NGP did with an S4 donor. He swapped everything including seats. My B8 avant is 6MT-swapped but *only* with a K04 :P. I thought about doing the S4/S5 swap, but decided to buy an SQ5 instead and have both.
    6mt + K04 sounds like a blast though. Hopefully I can swing tossing a larger turbo in my b7 Avant in the next year or two. Waffling between a k04 or something larger like a GTX 2860gen2. Totally different turbos, just trying to figure out what I want out of the engine. Throwing IE rods in my spare engine so it should be able to handle whatever I can throw at it.
    -CP

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Lowered the SQ5 with links from Mops.

Mops and Cmoore thanks for all the help and making this happen!!!

for those interested m ore pictures and the some more details on my build thread (coming soon).

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by SQ5/2018 View Post

for those interested m ore pictures and the some more details on my build thread (coming soon).

Looks great. Interested to hear your take on the ride quality

Sent from my
    2018 SQ5 - Daytona, Prestige

*Sold*2011 S4 - EPL Dual Pulley + TCU - 20" BBS LM - Bilstein B12 - APR RSC Exhaust
    Deval CF Diffuser - Maxton Splitter - USP Intake - MercRacing HE - CR15 -AutoTech HPFP

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by JD S4 View Post
    Looks great. Interested to hear your take on the ride quality

Sent from my
    Only drove a mile or so for the suspect to settle but it felt firm and very reactive. Definitely a difference and wish the Dynamic from factory was like this, especially as it would allow to keep the off-road height also

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Just had the APR dual pulley setup installed and it is an animal. Couldnít pass up the sale on the pulleys and software. Big thanks to AU Tuning in HB, CA for the install. The sc sound is addicting....

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '18 S4, '16 SQ5

Looking good Kamil!

Veteran Member Four Rings pierreb's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Q7 (4M)

Quote Originally Posted by schmove View Post
    Just had the APR dual pulley setup installed and it is an animal. Couldnít pass up the sale on the pulleys and software. Big thanks to AU Tuning in HB, CA for the install. The sc sound is addicting....
    What did you do for cooling?

Senior Member Three Rings cmoore86's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 RS5, 2015 SQ5

Glad to help. Looks a ton better! You considering spacers for the wheels now?
    2018 Audi [] SQ5: Navarra Blue | Ceramic Pro | Brixton Forged | Black Optics |
    Sold - 2015 Audi RS5: Sepang Blue My Sepang Blue RS5
    Sold - 2015 Audi SQ5: Sepang Blue cmoore86 2015 SQ5

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 Jeep Wrangler

Little small detail that made a world of difference.

IMG_2782.jpgIMG_2784.jpgIMG_2783.jpg

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by cmoore86 View Post
    Glad to help. Looks a ton better! You considering spacers for the wheels now?

I was thinking to do that for summer if something not sure about winter. Other then the look is there any other benefits of the spacers if keeping the same wheels?

Senior Member Three Rings cmoore86's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 RS5, 2015 SQ5

I was thinking to do that for summer if something not sure about winter. Other then the look is there any other benefits of the spacers if keeping the same wheels?
    No really for our cars in my opinion. All for the looks. Enjoy the new look and ride!
    2018 Audi [] SQ5: Navarra Blue | Ceramic Pro | Brixton Forged | Black Optics |
    Sold - 2015 Audi RS5: Sepang Blue My Sepang Blue RS5
    Sold - 2015 Audi SQ5: Sepang Blue cmoore86 2015 SQ5

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by pierreb View Post
    What did you do for cooling?
    APR cps coming soon.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by schmove View Post
    Awesome! I have an appointment on Wednesday to go stage 2 with an upper pulley. looking forward to how she feels afterwards

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Vertol View Post
    Awesome! I have an appointment on Wednesday to go stage 2 with an upper pulley. looking forward to how she feels afterwards
    The biggest difference my butt-o-meter showed was the increased torque in the lower rpm vs. just the stage 1. You'll love it. Also for anybody searching in the future for what belt I used for the apr dual pulley setup, I used the Gates RPM 7PK1310. Thanks to Issam at iABED industries for the belt. Spent countless hours reading old S4 posts about what belts people were using.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Little small detail that made a world of difference.

IMG_2782.jpgIMG_2784.jpgIMG_2783.jpg

These are a cool cosmetic touch. Where did you find these?
    2018 SQ5 3.0 TFSI - Prestige
    Daytona Gray
    Black with Rock Gray Stitching Fine Napa Leather Seats
    Carbon Atlas Inlays
    20" Wheels with 255/45/20 Tires (Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season)
    Cold Weather Package
    Driver Assistance Package
    S Sport Package
    Dynamic Steering

Page 110 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110