Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 122 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122
Results 4,841 to 4,871 of 4871
    Established Member Two Rings Whinny SQ5's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 S5 Prestige

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Today I finally fixed the popping noise. The end link bolts were loose where the end links meet the sway bar. Nothing dangerous, but they were loose nevertheless.
    I'm so glad I bought a low profile socket wrench! Tightening those end link bolts took me about 20 minutes, which is a lot quicker than before.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Audizine mobile app
    SQ5 - Mythos Black | Black Optics | Black & Magma Red | Carbon Atlas | B&O | VFF 102s | 034 | AWE | Ziza

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 S5 Prestige

Quote Originally Posted by mkasperzak View Post
    Finally switched to the winters

Attachment 101416

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    Sad day. I'll take a minute of silence for your loss. RIP steering response, spirited driving, and good traction.

SQ5 - Mythos Black | Black Optics | Black & Magma Red | Carbon Atlas | B&O | VFF 102s | 034 | AWE | Ziza

Veteran Member Four Rings Charles.waite's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Whinny SQ5 View Post
    Sad day. I'll take a minute of silence for your loss. RIP steering response, spirited driving, and good traction.

A few months ago I’d have laughed at this comment but after driving for he past 2 months on my first set of snow tires ever (Hakka R2s) it was a bit of a shock how garbage the cornering was.

But they’re way quieter than my summers so that’s a decent consolation.
    -CP
    2008 Brilliant Black Unicorn (2.0t S-Line Ti 6MT Avant)
    2012 Q5 2.0t - Stock Mommy Missile with new timing chains
    Former USP CLUB MEMBER #136
    2004 A4 1.8TQ 6MT USP - APR Stage 1+ - FSI Coils - BKR7EIX-11 - B6S4 Front + B7A4 Rear Brakes - 034 Street Trans Mount
    SOLD -- 2006 A4 2.0TQ Avant Tiptronic

Established Member Two Rings MadDawg's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '15 Mk7 GTI Autobahn, various mountain bikes & gear

Finally got to install my H&R/Bilstein B8 & AWE exhaust...

Loving the transformation tonight as got to install some critical parts courtesy of our local mod-crack dealer Mops, thanks much Ben!

Installed by Achtuning in Redmond, WA, very nicely outfitted shop who did a really great job aligning everything & cleaned up some convenience VAG coding while at it. & yes they trimmed the bumpstops while at it. Thanks for all the expertise/info AZ! Moderate drop & firmed things up w/ H&R springs/Bilstein B8 struts, and added some auditory music courtesy of AWE.

Exhaust lined up real nicely, fitment was spot-on, and surprisingly didn't move much at all tonight.

Admiring the moderate drop tonight when finally got back home..., the desperate need for more meat/width and/or spacers on the stock 21 setup w/ winters really gets emphasized when dropped a bit.

purty black diamond AWE tips... hoping I'll be able to keep these clean:

Finally got rid of the high-water 4x4 look, but really makes my winter stock 21s setup look puny & tucked... debating if it's close/warm enough here in Seattle to swap to my summers...

Lined it up again tonight after the drop:

285/35/21 Michelin PSS should help quite a bit on the 9.5" width HREs vs 8.5" width stock 21s

vs. previous HUGE stock gap

Also had to realign & raise up the headlight aim which was really low after the drop tonight. Gonna wash her up tomorrow am & maybe swap the summers, and then go for a drive. Cheers AZ & mod on!
    '16 SQ5 Florett/Lunar Silver alcantara/Al-Beaufort Black inlays/Black Optics/Red calipers - H&R Eurosprings/Bilstein B8s - AWE Touring BD tips exhaust - HRE FF04 21x9.5 w/ Michelin PSS 285/35ZR21 summer - OEM 21s w/ Pirelli Scorpion Winters 255/40R21 - Honeycombe grill - Osram CBB D3S - DeAuto LEDs - V1 & concealed display

'15 GTI Autobahn w/ LP, 19" OEM Pretorias w/ ContiSportContact 235/35ZR19s summer, OEM Austins w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin PA 225/40R18 winter

Veteran Member Four Rings Charles.waite's Avatar
    AZ Member #

You know we’ll get that one day of snow a year the week after you swap back to summers...
    -CP
    2008 Brilliant Black Unicorn (2.0t S-Line Ti 6MT Avant)
    2012 Q5 2.0t - Stock Mommy Missile with new timing chains
    Former USP CLUB MEMBER #136
    2004 A4 1.8TQ 6MT USP - APR Stage 1+ - FSI Coils - BKR7EIX-11 - B6S4 Front + B7A4 Rear Brakes - 034 Street Trans Mount
    SOLD -- 2006 A4 2.0TQ Avant Tiptronic

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 S5 Prestige

Quote Originally Posted by Charles.waite View Post
    A few months ago I’d have laughed at this comment but after driving for he past 2 months on my first set of snow tires ever (Hakka R2s) it was a bit of a shock how garbage the cornering was.

But they’re way quieter than my summers so that’s a decent consolation.
    Yeah. My friend told me that winter tires were awful for sporty driving and that they made the car feel sloppy and floaty. I was like "it can't be that bad". Well... that changed when I got my blizzaks. They were so bad on the road but pretty awesome in the snow.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 S5 Prestige

Quote Originally Posted by MadDawg View Post
    Loving the transformation tonight as got to install some critical parts courtesy of our local mod-crack dealer Mops, thanks much Ben!

Installed by Achtuning in Redmond, WA, very nicely outfitted shop who did a really great job aligning everything & cleaned up some convenience VAG coding while at it. & yes they trimmed the bumpstops while at it. Thanks for all the expertise/info AZ! Moderate drop & firmed things up w/ H&R springs/Bilstein B8 struts, and added some auditory music courtesy of AWE.

Exhaust lined up real nicely, fitment was spot-on, and surprisingly didn't move much at all tonight.

Admiring the moderate drop tonight when finally got back home..., the desperate need for more meat/width and/or spacers on the stock 21 setup w/ winters really gets emphasized when dropped a bit.

purty black diamond AWE tips... hoping I'll be able to keep these clean:

Finally got rid of the high-water 4x4 look, but really makes my winter stock 21s setup look puny & tucked... debating if it's close/warm enough here in Seattle to swap to my summers...

Lined it up again tonight after the drop:

285/35/21 Michelin PSS should help quite a bit on the 9.5" width HREs vs 8.5" width stock 21s

vs. previous HUGE stock gap

Also had to realign & raise up the headlight aim which was really low after the drop tonight. Gonna wash her up tomorrow am & maybe swap the summers, and then go for a drive. Cheers AZ & mod on!
    I'm thinking about that same suspension setup for my SQ. Looking forward to reading your opinion on it.

I remember the one time I switched to summers too early. Oh boy was it sketchy. It snowed a bit and the temp dropped below 20. My tires got flat spotted and it felt like I had no grip. They warmed up a bit as I drove and the flat spots went away but it was not a good experience. Do not recommend.

AZ Member #

Yeah man - keep the winters on another 6 weeks.

Sent from my
    2018 SQ5 - Daytona, Prestige - JB4 on E85, Airmatic Lowering Links & 15mm Spacers on 21s

*Sold*2011 S4 - EPL Dual Pulley + TCU - 20" BBS LM - Bilstein B12 - APR RSC Exhaust
    Deval CF Diffuser - Maxton Splitter - USP Intake - MercRacing HE - CR15 -AutoTech HPFP

Established Member Two Rings MadDawg's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '15 Mk7 GTI Autobahn, various mountain bikes & gear

Quote Originally Posted by Charles.waite View Post
    You know we’ll get that one day of snow a year the week after you swap back to summers...
    Quote Originally Posted by JD S4 View Post
    Yeah man - keep the winters on another 6 weeks.

Sent from my
    LOL, yeah, practicality had already prevailed, decided early this am to hold off another month or so to swap to summers. Washed her up from the crappy weather/road debris we've had the past couple weeks this am, then took a spin out on one of my favorite motorcycle & driving roads nearby in the Snohomish/Duvall area near my home: Elliot Road to Highbridge out in the Snohomish/Duvall valley. Highly recommended, lots of fun curves, and weather was pretty nice today.

I'm thinking about that same suspension setup for my SQ. Looking forward to reading your opinion on it.

H&R/Blistein suspension is a significant improvement & much more in line to what I was hoping for. Moderate drop, not as low as some others may want (if you want moar LOW you can go KW HAS or full coilovers), but ideal for me as it is a sporty SUV, not a full sportscar. I expect it will still settle slightly, & handles very well for being on winters (though the wider/grippier summers will definitely help improve the handling significantly) for a heavier/higher SUV. Much tighter/crisper handling & responsiveness, just felt more composed without feeling overly harsh on the damping. Got rid of the relative excessive initial turn in lean/slop of the stock height/springs, and Bilstein B8 struts pair well for the damping. While the AWE exhaust (with the artificial Soundaktor disabled via VAG coding) is pure music, had the stereo completely off, lol!

Lots of references/recommendations here on AZ for this suspension setup, and why I opted for it after my research:
    https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...ing-this-setup

Enjoy your S/Q5s folks, & mod on! C-ya on the roads!
    '16 SQ5 Florett/Lunar Silver alcantara/Al-Beaufort Black inlays/Black Optics/Red calipers - H&R Eurosprings/Bilstein B8s - AWE Touring BD tips exhaust - HRE FF04 21x9.5 w/ Michelin PSS 285/35ZR21 summer - OEM 21s w/ Pirelli Scorpion Winters 255/40R21 - Honeycombe grill - Osram CBB D3S - DeAuto LEDs - V1 & concealed display

'15 GTI Autobahn w/ LP, 19" OEM Pretorias w/ ContiSportContact 235/35ZR19s summer, OEM Austins w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin PA 225/40R18 winter

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Today I finally fixed the popping noise. The end link bolts were loose where the end links meet the sway bar. Nothing dangerous, but they were loose nevertheless.
    I'm so glad I bought a low profile socket wrench! Tightening those end link bolts took me about 20 minutes, which is a lot quicker than before.

I am having a popping noise in my Q5. It only happens when I start moving and pops from front driver's side wheel area. Is this similar to what you experienced?
    Thanks

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 S5 Prestige

Quote Originally Posted by Syzman View Post
    I am having a popping noise in my Q5. It only happens when I start moving and pops from front driver's side wheel area. Is this similar to what you experienced?
    Thanks
    Hey, man!

My noise was coming from the rear. Here's a video of it: https://youtu.be/KXL5j94W8yQ.

Hope this helps!

Veteran Member Four Rings Coderedpl's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 VW Golf R, 2016 Nardo Gray SQ5

Oil dipstick went in and badges will hopefully go on soon, pending somewhat nice weather

Last edited by Coderedpl; Today at 01:19 PM.
    Current: 2012 VW Golf R | 2016 Nardo Gray SQ5
    Past: 2006 Black Audi S4 | 2006 Black A4 2.0T

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2018 VW Atlas

What did you do to your Q/SQ5 today?

Quote Originally Posted by Coderedpl View Post
    ECS Tuning has a billet aluminum oil dipstick. It looks nice(r) but being metal it will be hot to the touch and more expensive.

Senior Member Two Rings benben01's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Had some fun in the snow.. Micheline Pilot AS/3 are awesome...

2016 SQ5 | Sepang Blue | KW V2 | Bronze TE-37 Ultra | 034 Goodies | Brembo BBK | AWE Touring
    2016 Porsche GT4 | Guards Red | Fully Modded
    2014 C63 AMG 507 Sedan | Frost White | KW V3 | Tuned

Veteran Member Four Rings Coderedpl's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 VW Golf R, 2016 Nardo Gray SQ5

Quote Originally Posted by bajan01 View Post
    ECS Tuning has a billet aluminum oil dipstick. It looks nice(r) but being metal it will be hot to the touch and more expensive.
    48 or 64 depending on color, compared to 15$ bucks. I'll take the cheaper alternative which would also allow me to check it without an issue

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Current: 2012 VW Golf R | 2016 Nardo Gray SQ5
    Past: 2006 Black Audi S4 | 2006 Black A4 2.0T

Senior Member Three Rings Thudux's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 Jeep Wrangler

Active Member Three Rings SQ5/2018's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Thudux View Post
    How you like the new sound?
    2018 SQ5 Build Thread

Instagram @sq5_mk2

AZ Member #

Like the lower profile mufflers compared to AWE.. Does it drone? On a separate note, anyone ran into issues with the smell of gas in the cabin of their SQ? Looks like I may have a bad seal with the fuel pump that plagued earlier Q5/7..
    2016 SQ5 | Sepang Blue | KW V2 | Bronze TE-37 Ultra | 034 Goodies | Brembo BBK | AWE Touring

Veteran Member Four Rings audirings4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Another Audi

I like how the tips are nice and tucked into the valence. Hate when they're all droopy.

Senior Member Three Rings buggravy's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 SQ6, 2019 SQ5, 2019 Tacoma

Quote Originally Posted by audirings4 View Post
    I like how the tips are nice and tucked into the valence. Hate when they're all droopy.
    I will say, fitment on the MF exhaust is on point. Mine hasn't shifted at all in 2 years.
    '16 SQ5 - Sepang Blue w/Black Optics - APR Stage 1 | BC Forged RS45 w/DWS06 295 | Magnaflow | 034 RSB, endlinks, X-brace, trans insert | ROW suspension | TAG blackout badges | Carbon Fiber mirror caps

'19 SQ5 - Quantum Gray w/Magma and Black Optics

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 Jeep Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by SQ5/2018 View Post
    How you like the new sound?
    Damn love it bro just what I was looking for. Not to loud and not to low.... something in between.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by benben01 View Post
    Like the lower profile mufflers compared to AWE.. Does it drone? On a separate note, anyone ran into issues with the smell of gas in the cabin of their SQ? Looks like I may have a bad seal with the fuel pump that plagued earlier Q5/7..
    Yeah so so I.... but so far so good no drone at all.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 Jeep Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by buggravy View Post
    I will say, fitment on the MF exhaust is on point. Mine hasn't shifted at all in 2 years.
    wow nice! Yeah made sure i raised them as much as I could. Ill probably re adjust after a few weeks. Any tips you have?

AZ Member #
    My Garage

wow nice! Yeah made sure i raised them as much as I could. Ill probably re adjust after a few weeks. Any tips you have?
    No tips necessary. Set it and forget it. Just mash the gas and profit.

Senior Member Two Rings Sport Line's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    SQ5 3.0T ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Q5 3.0T

SC Porting in progress by s4matty

2.jpg
    Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (67.9 KB, 21 views)
    2014 SQ5 EPL Stg2+ EPL TCU Tune ( Fluidampr, 3.36PR ) + iABED 75mmTB , APR CPS, custom exhaust + test p., 21" HRE P-104 295/35 DWS06
    2013 Q5 3.0T EPL Stage 2 , 22" Niche SUV 265/35 DWS06
    ~~~Audi History~~~
    2013 S6 EPL Stage 2 / APR DP / Roc-Euro intake / Milltek Sport Valvesonic
    2012 A7 3.0T S Line * 2012 Q5 3.2 * 2008 TT 3.2 * 2007 A6 4.2 S Line * 2001 TT S Quattro 225hp

Active Member Two Rings EvoToSQ5's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2017 Audi SQ5

Where does magna flow want you to cut the old exhaust? Trying to somehow package my oem exhaust into the AWE box in a way that I can still reuse it in the future if needed

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Veteran Member Four Rings SQive's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 R8 GT; 2016 SQ5; 2017 Q7

If you haven't had the fuel flange recall done, you need to. It affects yours (as well as mine). I still haven't had mine fixed as the dealership keeps saying they'll call me back, but never do. No gas smell yet, thankfully.
    2012 R8 GT, Suzuka with carbon fiber (#298 of 333)
    2017 Q7 P+, Ink Blue, Pistachio Beige, Warm, Vision, Bose, Towing (wife's ride)
    2016 SQ5, Sepang, Black Optic, Technology, BBS CH-R Gold 20x10.5 with 295's
    -2014 SQ5, Monsoon, Sans pano, totaled by a Xanexed-out broad in a Denali XL

AZ Member #

I have an appointment this Friday to have it addressed as well as a whiney water pump and squeaky tensioner pulley.. With snow and lack of loaners, don't have a choice but to wait til Friay. BTW, how's your R8 GT doing? Putting miles on it? :)

Established Member Three Rings choppstixxx's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2003 Honda S2000

Over the past few weeks have been looking to trade in my Audi A4 for something bigger/that can tow my boat. Honestly loved my A4 & Audi vehicles in general, so the obvious choice was a Q5 w/the 3.0T engine. Found one at a local dealership that gave me pretty much what I owed on my A4, finalized everything last Saturday. I am absolutely in love with this truck, Premium+ S-Line w/pretty much all the extra features besides Adaptive Cruise.

2016 Glacier White Metallic Q5 3.0T Premium+ S-Line 1of 589
    2013 Moonlight Blue Metallic A4 Quattro Premium Flex Fuel 1 of 519 *RIP*

AZ Member #
    My Garage

/\ That’s a great ride. Congrats.

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Chris@EPL's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Now time for a tune and ZF TCU tune.
    European Performance Labs
    http://www.facebook.com/EPLabs
    https://www.instagram.com/eplabs/
    (203-345-6499)
    Chris@eplabs.net

Please feel free to contact us with any questions!!

Veteran Member Four Rings SQive's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 R8 GT; 2016 SQ5; 2017 Q7

I have an appointment this Friday to have it addressed as well as a whiney water pump and squeaky tensioner pulley.. With snow and lack of loaners, don't have a choice but to wait til Friay. BTW, how's your R8 GT doing? Putting miles on it? :)
    Doing great. Now I just gotta dump four grand for the AC before summer gets here. I'm averaging around 2.5k miles per year. By my estimation, that's the perfect balance between fun whenever I want (and the weather allows), and it still being special each time I get in and fire it up.
    2012 R8 GT, Suzuka with carbon fiber (#298 of 333)
    2017 Q7 P+, Ink Blue, Pistachio Beige, Warm, Vision, Bose, Towing (wife's ride)
    2016 SQ5, Sepang, Black Optic, Technology, BBS CH-R Gold 20x10.5 with 295's
    -2014 SQ5, Monsoon, Sans pano, totaled by a Xanexed-out broad in a Denali XL

Page 122 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122