Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 128 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128
Results 5,081 to 5,116 of 5116
    Veteran Member Four Rings PNW Avant's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2008 A4 Avant

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Installed my transmission mount insert (finally). I did it in the middle of a parking lot in the Presidio because I have no level place to work near our apartment. Piece of cake!

Initially feedback is amazing. This is how the car always should have felt.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    Hers: 2014 SQ5 Premium Plus
    Mine: 2008 Ibis White Ti S-line A4 Avant 2.0T 6MT
    Black Alcantara S4 Recaros | RS4 Grill | S4 Mirrors | JHM Short Shifter | RNS-e + OEM BT | BBS CH reps | KW V2 | F+R S4 Brakes | RS4 Sway Bar + 034 End Links | APR Stage 1 Tune | JHM Downpipe | B7 S4 Exhaust | Apikol Snub + Differential Mount | 034 Street Density Motor + Trans Mounts

Past: 2004 Arctic White S4 Avant

Veteran Member Four Rings Charles.waite's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by MSq5 View Post
    Having had both, it's apples and oranges. Turbo lag, even with twin scroll or small turbos, will always have you a bit flat-footed off boost. And the farther the intercooler is from the engine the more pronounced. Then, you feel the push later as boost kicks in. It is more visceral.

Supercharger power is linear and begins immediately. It can be deceptively smooth, less visceral, but climbing with rpm. The torque curve is much different unless manipulated by the ECU.

To be sure, it is easier to make more power with turbo upgrades and tuning than with a supercharger in general. However, the 3.0 TFSI supercharger variant came so conservatively tuned that we learned that we could go from 272 hp to 430 or so with just pulley and tune.

We do not yet know the true upward potential of the stock turbo on the turbo variant of the 3.0 gas engine, but when the code is cracked, we will see.

Inevitably big turbo upgrades will follow and power will climb dramatically. Drivability off boost will likely suffer due to boost lag. That's been the trade off on each of the four turbo cars I've owned and modded.

I can't say one form of forced induction is "better", only that they are different.

Sound is purely subjective. At age 68, less is more. I neither crave intrusive supercharger whine nor infantile bypass valve noises. Turbo exhaust with higher flow aftermarket exhaust systems will sound different, since the turbo, itself, has its own muting effect on sound.

For me, having owned a string of turbo cars going back many years, the supercharged Audi was something different and . . . refreshingly so.

Give Audi a few years with the new turbo 3.0 gas engine, the aftermarket time to catch up, and I may be ready to ride that horse again. For now, having an instant, reliable 430 or so under my right foot and 0-60 mph down in the low 4s are very satisfying.
    Eloquently laid out. Iíve owned a high-ish power NA car (g37 coupe) and a series of small turbo Audiís and I donít have a huge preference either way, but thereís something awesome about the responsiveness of the vq37 engine that was a blast to drive and was deceptively fast because of how linear it was. My brief 30 minute drive in a 3.0t Q5 led me to feel it drove similarly, very linear. But thereís something about the turbo spoolup that makes my inner teenager grin maniacally. Iím 35 so Iím well past my loud/obnoxious days, but I do prefer the thermodynamic elegance of how turbochargers work, basically using waste energy to compress intake air and make the engine pump out more power.
    -CP
    2008 Brilliant Black Unicorn (2.0t S-Line Ti 6MT Avant)
    2012 Q5 2.0t - Stock Mommy Missile with new timing chains
    Former USP CLUB MEMBER #136
    2004 A4 1.8TQ 6MT USP - APR Stage 1+ - FSI Coils - BKR7EIX-11 - B6S4 Front + B7A4 Rear Brakes - 034 Street Trans Mount
    SOLD -- 2006 A4 2.0TQ Avant Tiptronic

Active Member Two Rings 2018_SQ5's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Charles.waite View Post
    Eloquently laid out. Iíve owned a high-ish power NA car (g37 coupe) and a series of small turbo Audiís and I donít have a huge preference either way, but thereís something awesome about the responsiveness of the vq37 engine that was a blast to drive and was deceptively fast because of how linear it was. My brief 30 minute drive in a 3.0t Q5 led me to feel it drove similarly, very linear. But thereís something about the turbo spoolup that makes my inner teenager grin maniacally. Iím 35 so Iím well past my loud/obnoxious days, but I do prefer the thermodynamic elegance of how turbochargers work, basically using waste energy to compress intake air and make the engine pump out more power.
    Concur with the turbo spool-up and all the senses engaged by it.

Give it time and the aftermarket will reach the new engine. I keep hearing how this 3.0 turbo v6 has a lot of aftermarket tuning potential; if that turns out to be true I'm excited. 450+ hp on pump gas with just minor other hardware mods is appealing.
    2018 SQ5 - Prestige | Daytona Gray | BBS CIR

Veteran Member Three Rings jomama229's Avatar
    AZ Member #

my Q5 finally got to stretch its legs out in its natural habitat. we took a weekend trip up to south lake tahoe and pretty much got buried early sunday morning. luckily for us, a neighbor of the airbnb we stayed in had an industrial-size snowblower and helped us dig out to the street. i was more than pleased with the Q's capability in 2-3' of unshoveled snow that had been packed down by some local monster truck traffic. dws06 tires ftw!!! i grew up on the east coast, but this was the deepest snow i've ever driven in.

before the overnight storm:

after about an hour or two of digging, you can make out a couple cars on the driveway:
    2014 Q5 3.0T Glacier White Metallic - EPL Stage 1

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Got my blacked out badges in the mail as well as my RS style mesh grill so I put in some work this weekend.

The grill install was more time consuming that I anticipated but I like the results. I got it off eBay and the quality is pretty good but as previously mentioned, there is a fair amount of trimming required.

I also installed my KW H.A.S. kit too but need to make some adjustments before posting picture. New spark plugs and an oil change going down this week too (dipstick included lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Senior Member Three Rings Thudux's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 Jeep Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by tylaughter View Post
    Got my blacked out badges in the mail as well as my RS style mesh grill so I put in some work this weekend.

The grill install was more time consuming that I anticipated but I like the results. I got it off eBay and the quality is pretty good but as previously mentioned, there is a fair amount of trimming required.

I also installed my KW H.A.S. kit too but need to make some adjustments before posting picture. New spark plugs and an oil change going down this week too (dipstick included lol)

Fire!
    --->2017 Audi SQ5 Build<---

Instagram @ Thudux

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

64FE0682-56EB-4849-A6ED-EB228F0C9974.jpg 862CFF6B-5F23-4797-BF12-09B082D18F21.jpg
    Did my own black optics the other night, not the greatest up close but overall satisfied

Established Member Three Rings SQ5/2018's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by zatta View Post
    64FE0682-56EB-4849-A6ED-EB228F0C9974.jpg 862CFF6B-5F23-4797-BF12-09B082D18F21.jpg
    Did my own black optics the other night, not the greatest up close but overall satisfied

Is it plastic dip? Or spray paint interested in more details and pictures if possible

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Itís a gloss black wrap. This is what I used Avery Dennison 2in x 75ft Gloss... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073FZ216M...p_mob_ap_share

AZ Member #

Itís a gloss black wrap. This is what I used Avery Dennison 2in x 75ft Gloss... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073FZ216M...p_mob_ap_share
    Thanks for the information. How do you like it, those it match the gloss door trim ?

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by SQ5/2018 View Post
    Thanks for the information. How do you like it, those it match the gloss door trim ?
    I really like the look, I think it matches the gloss door trim but Iíll take more pictures of it tonight.

AZ Member #

I really like the look, I think it matches the gloss door trim but Iíll take more pictures of it tonight.
    Perfect thanks 🙏

Veteran Member Three Rings mkasperzak's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Transition Patrol Carbon, Transition PBJ, Commencal Furious

lookin sharp, can't wait to see it dropped. glad you figured everything out yesterday. what wheels are you running?
    2014 SQ5 P+ Tech, Carbon, BBS LM-R & CH-R, Ecodes, GIAC Stg 2, AWE Touring, Bilstein PSS10, 034 Goodies, Apikol, Thule Edge + Thule Flow + Kuat Trio, 9500xi hardwired, LED Interior/Fogs/Signals/Reverse, VagCom

Build Thread / IG @thebird_sq5

Established Member Three Rings choppstixxx's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2003 Honda S2000

IDK if the pricing will be similar in your areas, but was quoted $300 from a reputable vehicle wrap/tint shop to wrap all my window trim and roof in Avery Gloss Black. Seems like a good deal, since I don't have the patience or time to do it.
    2016 Glacier White Metallic Q5 3.0T Premium+ S-Line 1of 589
    2013 Moonlight Blue Metallic A4 Quattro Premium Flex Fuel 1 of 519 *RIP*

Registered Member One Ring jamessteel's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by EvoToSQ5 View Post
    Do you have a link for the seller? The image looks pretty sharp.

Ask Him for it because he doesn't have listed.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/yue-ghost-s...1&_ipg=&_from=

tems for sale from:
    yue-ghost-shadow-light-sale yue-ghost-shadow-light-sale

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by choppstixxx View Post
    IDK if the pricing will be similar in your areas, but was quoted $300 from a reputable vehicle wrap/tint shop to wrap all my window trim and roof in Avery Gloss Black. Seems like a good deal, since I don't have the patience or time to do it.
    This is a great deal if its a reputable shop that does good work.

I've spoken to 2 or 3 shops in the Boston area and they all wanted $500-600 just to wrap window trim, and another $150 for the roof rails. (one company wouldn't do the roof rails. said all the edges make it a pain to wrap and doesn't hold up well over time. told me i'd have to pay somebody to remove them and paint rather than wrap).

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2003 Honda S2000

Quote Originally Posted by Salty Mope View Post
    This is a great deal if its a reputable shop that does good work.

I've spoken to 2 or 3 shops in the Boston area and they all wanted $500-600 just to wrap window trim, and another $150 for the roof rails. (one company wouldn't do the roof rails. said all the edges make it a pain to wrap and doesn't hold up well over time. told me i'd have to pay somebody to remove them and paint rather than wrap).
    A 5-6hr trip to Rochester, NY isn't that bad Bring up some beers from Treehouse and Trillium while your at it, you can probably make back all your gas money (and more) from muling back a few cases of beer.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by choppstixxx View Post
    A 5-6hr trip to Rochester, NY isn't that bad Bring up some beers from Treehouse and Trillium while your at it, you can probably make back all your gas money (and more) from muling back a few cases of beer.
    Haha you might be onto something. I've got family in western Mass that told me I have to bring out some Trillium next time I come visit. Maybe I should go stage 2 first if I'm gonna start moonlighting as a bootlegger 😎

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 S6 Prestige

Saw this beautifully spec'd Q5 in Japan. White with "piano black optics". Love the look. Mirrors, grill, rails, badging, even lower rocker trim. Sweet looking Japanese Q5!20190212_195024.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Audizine mobile app

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 S6 Prestige

Took advantage of Amazon.jp while in Japan and got some minor upgrades for my sq5. Seat buttons, fuel cap, visor mount sunglasses holder, keyfob cover, and for my C7 S6 a red start stop trim ring. 20190210_150105.jpeg20190210_145824.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Audizine mobile app

AZ Member #

Do you have a link for the seller? The image looks pretty sharp.

I got mine from a member on the classifieds here. Personally like mine more without the circle around the logo.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by mkasperzak View Post
    lookin sharp, can't wait to see it dropped. glad you figured everything out yesterday. what wheels are you running?
    Vossen VFS-1 in Satin Bronze. 21Ē

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2003 Honda S2000

Quote Originally Posted by Salty Mope View Post
    Haha you might be onto something. I've got family in western Mass that told me I have to bring out some Trillium next time I come visit. Maybe I should go stage 2 first if I'm gonna start moonlighting as a bootlegger 😎
    I'm just saying we could have a nice little thing going here I mean one time I did a cannonball run 10hrs of driving there and back haha.

Veteran Member Three Rings SDV325's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    12' S4

I got mine from a member on the classifieds here. Personally like mine more without the circle around the logo.
    I am pretty sure these are the same ones i found on ebay UK. About 34pounds per set shipped. I think they might be the same ones that the user was selling here on the classifieds before the thread got deleted.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-SQ5-...frcectupt=true
    2014 Audi SQ5 Technik - Estoril | Lunar | EPL STG 1 | B&O | NAV | RocEuro | 034 Transmission Insert |
    2015 Toyota Rav4 - Family Wagon

Active Member Two Rings Trurite's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    87%20RX-7%20Turbo%20II

Curious about the upper window trim. How did you get it over the ribbed section that sits on the bottom? I have the materials for doing the chrome delete just worried about messing up that part.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    2015 Q5 3.0T EPL Stage 2 Single Pulley (RIP)
    2016 Q5 3.0T EPL Stage 2 Single Pulley

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Trurite View Post
    Curious about the upper window trim. How did you get it over the ribbed section that sits on the bottom? I have the materials for doing the chrome delete just worried about messing up that part.

The ribbed part on the bottom is where I cut the wrap for the top section, the hardest part for this job was cutting the wrap properly.

Active Member Two Rings Trurite's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    87%20RX-7%20Turbo%20II

The ribbed part on the bottom is where I cut the wrap for the top section, the hardest part for this job was cutting the wrap properly.
    So when you open the doors you see the chrome?

2015 Q5 3.0T EPL Stage 2 Single Pulley (RIP)
    2016 Q5 3.0T EPL Stage 2 Single Pulley

Veteran Member Three Rings mkasperzak's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Transition Patrol Carbon, Transition PBJ, Commencal Furious

Quote Originally Posted by jomama229 View Post
    my Q5 finally got to stretch its legs out in its natural habitat. we took a weekend trip up to south lake tahoe and pretty much got buried early sunday morning. luckily for us, a neighbor of the airbnb we stayed in had an industrial-size snowblower and helped us dig out to the street. i was more than pleased with the Q's capability in 2-3' of unshoveled snow that had been packed down by some local monster truck traffic. dws06 tires ftw!!! i grew up on the east coast, but this was the deepest snow i've ever driven in.
    Stoked for ya, not the bear of a shoveling job... but I absolutely love putting Quattro and good rubber to work in crazy snow conditions. Not to mention you probably had a blast on the mtn. I grew up in ATL so never drove in snow, but have lived in CO for a total of 7 years now. First 4 in a stg 3 WRX wagon and last 3 in the SQ. They sure do inspire confidence in the worst of conditions. Headed to Crested Butte this weekend with up to 3 ft in the forecast!
    2014 SQ5 P+ Tech, Carbon, BBS LM-R & CH-R, Ecodes, GIAC Stg 2, AWE Touring, Bilstein PSS10, 034 Goodies, Apikol, Thule Edge + Thule Flow + Kuat Trio, 9500xi hardwired, LED Interior/Fogs/Signals/Reverse, VagCom

Build Thread / IG @thebird_sq5

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Trurite View Post
    So when you open the doors you see the chrome?

Yeah the chrome definitely shows a little. Doesnít bother me but Iím no pro so I wouldnít know the best way to hide the chrome completely

Established Member Two Rings EvoToSQ5's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2017 Audi SQ5

Moved it to its new home! Pretty excited to have a 2 car garage.

IMG_0499.JPG

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2018 VW Atlas

IMG_0499.JPG

Virgin garage!

Veteran Member Four Rings SQive's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 R8 GT; 2016 SQ5; 2017 Q7

High ceilings. . .yay! Now you'll want to replace one of the doors with a roller so you can install a lift.
    2012 R8 GT, Suzuka with carbon fiber (#298 of 333)
    2017 Q7 P+, Ink Blue, Pistachio Beige, Warm, Vision, Bose, Towing (wife's ride)
    2016 SQ5, Sepang, Black Optic, Technology, BBS CH-R Gold 20x10.5 with 295's
    -2014 SQ5, Monsoon, Sans pano, totaled by a Xanexed-out broad in a Denali XL

Established Member Two Rings EvoToSQ5's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2017 Audi SQ5

Quote Originally Posted by SQive View Post
    High ceilings. . .yay! Now you'll want to replace one of the doors with a roller so you can install a lift.
    I wish. I wanted to get a set of quick jacks but weíll see how things go. 1st garage upgrade will be some new lighting. 12í ceilings and 2 incandescent bulbs does not cut it.

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2018 VW Atlas

Sneak peak...more to come tomorrow.

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Mops@Nemesis's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '19 SQ5 / '19 RS5 SB

Congrats Josh!!

Quote Originally Posted by bajan01 View Post
    Sneak peak...more to come tomorrow.
    Nice! I did the same with my A5. Even painted the shields glossy black.
    034Motorsport | Advan | AG | Akrapovič | AWE | BBS | BC Forged | Brembo | Capristo | Deval | Forgeline | H&R | KW | Milltek | OZ | Rotiform | Sparco | Stoptech | TSW | Unitronic | Volk | Vorsteiner | Work | and many more

AZ Member #

fresh oil change, drained from the pan for the first time, darkest oil i have seen in a while on a car. it did just get a new oil change prior to purchase last week but iím assuming using the dipstick you canít get it all. plan to put a few thousand and change again. also used some chemical guys leather cleaner and wiped interior down, nice to be able to pick it up at walmart. i have been using those products for about 6 years now very good quality stuff

itís a new to me 15 q5 by the way!

also did a dipstick install lol seems to be correct. level just almost touches the X of the work max

-chris

Page 128 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128