Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Veteran Member Four Rings sacandagaD's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 S4 P+, 2005 Honda Element,2018 Porsche Macan GTS

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by MVR 155 View Post
    Now he did admit that he screwed up and expected to be flamed for it but I still think it was a major "dick move" to call Mike a "complete idiot" for the mishap he incurred.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...8#post11207698
    +1, the guy is a valuable resource and contributor and has the guts to come forward with a cautionary tale, that honestly could happen to anyone in a momentary lapse of judgement, and what does he get, a good ol' AZ community ass reaming. Yeah, sticky this with the New Member rules and guidelines.
    2015 P+, Sepang Blue, Black/Black Alcantara, Tech package, Sport Diff, DSG, Carbon inlays, B&O, Hard wired V1, CR-15, 3M film, 19" PSS/Hartmann Rotor reps, Akebonos, LED interior and reverse lights, ZxE fogs, CW Pro, Soundakator mute, RS Rep grille.

Loved but traded: 2011 S4 P+, Deep Sea Blue Metallic, Black/Silver Alcantara

Senior Member Four Rings Brother Owl's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Jur Mahm

Wow. I laughed, I cried. Very entertaining. Thanks for the share OP, hope you get it all sorted
    2013 S4 Estoril Blue Crystal 6MT / Prestige / Silver & Black / B&O / Sport Diff / 20% Tint / ECS SSK / E-codes / RS Grille / Ziza Yellow Fogs / ECS Slotted & Drilled Rotors / Akebono Pads / Roc Euro Intake
    Denver to Vegas in 9:26 (2/27/15)

Veteran Member Four Rings blbroo's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    ML320, UrS6, M235i Gone: K04'd B8 A4

OP is not an idiot or moron because he was aware enough to know he needed to watch his car and make sure things were ok before driving off.

If he had blindly handed over the keys and posted about his car imploding after leaving, he'd deserve a flaming.

Could be a great hidden camera local news special report. "Quick lube shops and luxury sport cars: what you need to see".

Collector of German things.
    “Whoever said laughter is the best medicine had clearly never tasted scotch.”

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by bhvrdr View Post
    I just heard from Audi and they confirmed there was zero fluid in the DSG case. It boggles my mind they were ready to let me drive off and cause them a $10,000 repair.

Regarding the CW, it worked out well. I just took it off while waiting for the tow.

Mike
    Smart thinking under the gun to remove CW!!!

Well seems like a free DSG service and new belly pan? (Silver lining FTW?)

When this is all said and done, permission to make fun?... Too early?

Veteran Member Four Rings A4 Centaur's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Ducati Panigale 1199S (Red of course)

^ Yup great guy. Didn't bash anyone's head in. Didn't shoot anyone. And a few fellow 'ziners who are internet tough guys dared to call him names and be critical. Kick a man while he's down. That takes some real class.

Wow. And people wonder why our American society has such large anti-social cracks and fissures. Looks like things will work out well. Thankfully.

His story is a good lesson to us all. Patience, Kindness and understanding. We need more of this.
    Black B8 A4 Avant S-Line Prestige Package, CPMB Engine, Tiptronic 8 speed, JHM K04-R, V1 & Beltronics, Eurocode HFC, APR FMIC, Alu Kreuz, Vogtland Coilovers, Stoptech 380mm BB Kit, H&R Swaybar, APR K04 Tune, Rev. "d" DV, R8 Coils, Folding Mirrors, S5 Rear Brakes, 034 Street Density Mounts, OEM Facelift LED Brake lights, Forgestar CF5, and more mods to come!

Veteran Member Four Rings Fobia's Avatar
    AZ Member #

sorry to hear that! great AZ contributor i am a little surprised as most are that you took this route.. but i can see why.

i will never go to a jiffy lube or anything like that. My friend use to work at one and i have heard all his stories, none of which are good.
    2010 ibis white s4
    CTS Turbo intake

Veteran Member Four Rings bhvrdr's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Hey all,
    Well I think I am going to have to start changing my mind about Braman Audi pretty soon. This is the second positive experience I have had with them now and I hope they continue to get better. They took my car in this morning and have it completed. I picked it up just a couple hours ago. The car received:

Oil Change
    DSG Fluid Change/Service
    New Aero Pan and several fasteners.

Total Bill ~$1450

I've submitted all evidence to Valvoline as of 10 minutes ago so we will see what happens.

Thanks for the support. Yeah, unfortunately I wish it was a "you get what you pay for" kind of thing and you could just be guaranteed you get good service the more you pay but I definitely should have just done it myself or taken it to a shop that had better reviews and was known to me.

Mike

2010 Audi A4 Avant 6AT - Unitronic Tuned - Bone Stock Hardware
    13.665 at 97.71mph - 93 octane - +1250DA
    Gone:
    2013 Audi S5 DSG - Unitronic Stage 2++ ECU & TCU, 3.17pr, Revo Charge Cooler, CTS Turbo Intake
    11.482 at 118.70mph - 97 octane - +465DA
    --------------------------
    2016 A6 -- 2015 S4 -- 2009 A4 -- 2004 S4 -- 2006 A4 -- 2003 A4 -- 2000 A4

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Hey all,
    Well I think I am going to have to start changing my mind about Braman Audi pretty soon. This is the second positive experience I have had with them now and I hope they continue to get better. They took my car in this morning and have it completed. I picked it up just a couple hours ago. The car received:

Oil Change
    DSG Fluid Change/Service

Total Bill ~$1450

I've submitted all evidence to Valvoline as of 10 minutes ago so we will see what happens.

Thanks for the support. Yeah, unfortunately I wish it was a "you get what you pay for" kind of thing and you could just be guaranteed you get good service the more you pay but I definitely should have just done it myself or taken it to a shop that had better reviews and was known to me.

Mike
    Brave points X 1000 for posting this story Mike. 🏻🏻

Senior Member Four Rings The Fat Kid's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Hey all,

Oil Change
    DSG Fluid Change/Service

Total Bill ~$1450

Mike
    You just got a FREE Audi oil change AND DSG service! It turns out that you are the smartest guy in the room

Glad to read that it looks like everything worked out and you car is OK.

Veteran Member Four Rings infinkc's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Wow, speechless glad Audi got you all sorted out and you were smart enough to check their work.
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who know binary and those who don't.

Veteran Member Three Rings u2nelson's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Home of the CR-15 brace

This is beyond words.
    2013 S5 6MT / Monsoon Grey / APR Stage 2+ / AWE Touring+Res DP / EC Alu-Kreuz / EC USS system sways and links / Bilstein PSS10 coilovers / SPC ADJ UCAs / Spacers H&R 5R / EC Adj Short Throw Shifter / EC TF intake / Apikol rear diff mount / O34 Trany mount insert / BC Forged RS41 19x9.5ET20/ Mich PS4S 265/35/19 / Gyrodisk 2pc rotors / CR-15 Upper Strut Tower Brace / u2nelson@live.com

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Empty...for now...

$1450??? Sorry to go off topic, but....what? Audi oil change is something like $200 (ridiculous) and I can't imagine the the replacement parts were more than, what, $300? Did they do another service that you didn't list?
    2015 Daytona Gray S4
    6MT / Sport Diff / B&O / Tech Pkg / Carbon Atlas / Black Alcantara
    Mods: S5 Peelers, Xpel Ultimate, 3M Color Stable Tint 35%, Bilstein PSS10, Euro Code Alu Kreuz, Eurocode Sway Bars, Moog Endlinks, CR-15, Eurocode Meisterwerk ASTS, AWE Resonated Touring Exhaust, ECS Luft-Technik Intake, 034 Transmission Mount, HCX LED 3000k Fog Lights, Apikol Rear Diff Mount

Senior Member Four Rings 14S4GWM's Avatar
    AZ Member #

^DSG service aint cheap.
    2014 S4 P+ Glacier White DSG/ EPL Stage 2 ECU/ TCU
    Black Optic/ B&O/ Sports Diff/ Carbon Atlas/ V1/ P3/ Carista/ ECS CF Intake/ ECS CF Diffuser
    Bilstein B8/ H&R OE Springs/ H&R 10-12mm Spacers/ Eurocode Sways
    C-Quartz/ Suntek PPF/ AWE Touring 102/ 034 X-Brace & Inserts/ / Akebono Pads/ CR-15/ VLED VX3 LED Fogs

Veteran Member Four Rings rtl5009's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Hole Lee FOOK.

An oil change is so easy in our cars with the top mounted oil filter. Suck it out the dip stick, change the filter, add oil. Doesn't even need to come off the ground.
    2001.5 b5s4 built bottom stg3 on E - Sold
    2013 B8.5 S4 stage 2 DP

Veteran Member Three Rings PSUGOLD's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by chaos2984 View Post
    Sorry but your a complete Idiot. You kinda got what you deserved here. If you let Walmart workers work on your expensive car this is what your going to end up with. Their oil changes are cheap and I mean cheap not inexpensive for a reason. They pay their so called techs a little over minimum wage. When I worked at a dealer they couldn't even change oil on a mazda 3 without blowing the engine up. We got atleast 2 a month from the local Jiffy Screw. lol. Some people don't understand and all they see is the bottom line. You wouldn't let someone come in your house and work on your HVAC with out a license or training. Why would you let a minimum wage person work on your car. Honestly im sure your pretty smart, Just do a little reading and watching some youtube video's and you can change the oil yourself. If you don't want to just look up a decent indy german shop in your area and get them to do it. If you want to save some coin just buy the oil and filter yourself and give it to them.

I have a POS Honda as my beater and I wouldn't let them do an oil change on it. I hate having to take my company truck there because we have to. But its not mine so I don't really care.
    Wow. If you are gonna call someone an idiot, at least do it with correct grammar. YOU'RE an idiot, not YOUR an idiot...
    2014 Estoril Blue crystal effect , Sports Diff, Adaptive Suspension, Carbon Atlas inlays, Side Assist, GIAC Stage 2 w/DSG, Borla Exhaust, Roc-Euro Intake, Left foot Pedal Adapter!

Veteran Member Four Rings AudiTFSI3o3's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2007 Audi A4 2.0T, 2011 IS350 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by chaos2984 View Post
    Sorry but your a complete Idiot.
    Don't you just love it when someone talks like they're so much better than you, but cant even talk English good?
    '14 Audi S4 P+ | Sport Diff | | Ice Silver | APR Stage II+ Ultracharged | APR Dual Pulley | TA Testpipes | APR DL501 | Accuair | Airlift | E-Codes | SB Leds | ECS Tuning Kohlefaser Luft-Technik Intake | Eurocode AK | P3 Cars | AWE Resonated | Deval | Enlaes | Strafe | Spulen Diff Mount | 034 Trans Insert | 034 Motor Mounts | Avant Garde F110 | VMR V810 | Vossen CV-3 | Stoptech ST-60 BBK | JHM 2-piece rears | AMS Cooling System | Eurocode Sways & Links

'16 Acura RDX AWD | Slate Silver

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by SteveYem View Post
    $1450??? Sorry to go off topic, but....what? Audi oil change is something like $200 (ridiculous) and I can't imagine the the replacement parts were more than, what, $300? Did they do another service that you didn't list?
    The DSG service is around $800. Audi Care ($850) is actually a good deal for DSG owners since it covers the 35k DSG service.

Veteran Member Four Rings TexasDfwS4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Glad this has a happy ending.
    Gone 2013 B8.5 S4 Ice Silver, DSG, Uni 2+TCU, Prestige Model, MMI, B&O, Fine Napa, Sports Diff, audi assist, 19" Peelers, Carbon Atlas Inlays.
    2017 Q5 3.0 Ibis W/ BO with S-line
    2018 SQ5 Ibis Prestige Red Calipers Fine Napa Leather

Veteran Member Four Rings mr shickadance's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    tucson

I just heard from Audi and they confirmed there was zero fluid in the DSG case. It boggles my mind they were ready to let me drive off and cause them a $10,000 repair.

Regarding the CW, it worked out well. I just took it off while waiting for the tow.

Mike
    crazy how not even with the smell of the dsg fluid that would not be scratching their heads.

you should prolly tack on an engine detailing as they likely spilled a healthy amount of oil in your bay if they filled up an already full oil pan.
    [CENTER]Scott

2011 S4

America is all about speed, hot, nasty, bad-ass speed - Eleanor Roosevelt

AZ Member #

If they don't know how to spell Motul, they ain't touching my car.
    2011 S4 Phm Blk, DSG, APR Stage II+, EuroCode Headers/DTS/Sway Bars/Drop Links, Milltek Resonated, APR Intake (rear backpipe), SPC UCA, KW V3, HRE FF01 19x9.5 ET45, PSS 275/35/19.

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by AudiTFSI3o3 View Post
    Don't you just love it when someone talks like they're so much better than you, but cant even talk English good?
    Is it supposed to be "English well"? Or it could have been "good English".

E90 M3 6MT - Melbourne Red
    (Sold) 2013 S4 - Glacier White / Black

AZ Member #

UPDATE:

Here is the letter I sent to them last night:

Good Evening,

My name is Michael XXXXXXXXXXXXXX, owner of the 2015 Audi S4 that was damaged at the Valvoline Quick Oil Change center at 9012 FL A1A Alt, Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33403.

The following occurred on 12/13/2015

1. I pulled my car into the right side service lane. While sitting in the car I felt a sharp jarring motion of the car.
    2. A few minutes passed and the technician on the top floor came over to my car with two large jugs presumably filled with motor oil. He began pouring the motor oil into my car and stopped relatively quickly shouting below indicating the oil was overflowing.
    3. I was asked to step out of my car so they could raise my car up in the air in order to remove the front (engine) belly pan.
    4. After a few minutes the technician poured the rest of the oil into my engine.
    5. I asked the manager to be certain all 1/4 turn fasteners were re-installed as they are quite expensive.
    6. While standing in front of my vehicle I was told my car was completed and ready to leave. I was advised to start my car to check for oil pressure and I complied by starting my car and revving the engine lightly. I was advised I could drive my vehicle home.
    7. I noted a 1/4 turn fastener located on the ground under my front bumper and brought it to the managers attention. I asked him to view the bottom of my car with him to inspect for further neglect.
    8. Upon going into the oil pit and looking up at my car I located an exposed DSG transmission drain plug with wet transmission fluid leaked around it as well as on the lower chassis brace next to it. I noted the transmission aero belly pan had been cut into and destroyed. See attached pictures.
    9. I asked the technician why he did this damage and he claimed he did not. I looked into the garbage can down in the oil pit and found the two pieces of my car that were cut from my car in this trash can. See photos.
    10. I contacted police who responded: See North Palm Beach Police Department report# XXXXXX
    11. I was advised by officer XXXXXXX that he had secured a confession from the technician admitting to damaging my aero. The shop manager and owner later admitted to "cracking" the DSG transmission drain plug. I was advised by North Palm Beach Police I have the right to press charges.
    12. The vehicle was flat bed towed to Audi of West Palm Beach. The technician found the DSG transmission to be missing all but 1/2 quart of fluid. The engine oil was not filled completely as 2 quarts had been poured into the engine prior to the Valvoline technician draining the engine oil (he had instead drained the DSG fluid). Please see the invoice for which I have paid in full.

Please submit to me payment in full within 7 business days. Please confirm receipt of this email.

My address is:

Michael XXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I can be reached M-F from 7:30am until 4pm at XXXXXXXXXX and after 4pm and weekends at XXXXXXXXXXXX. My preference is email communication.

Thank you.

Michael XXXXXXXXXX

Here is the reply this morning:

Subject: Transmission Drained

Updated Information:

Hello Michael,

Thank you for taking the time to contact Valvoline Customer Care and your patience in addressing this matter. The documentation for your claim has been successfully received. It has been attached to your claim (claim# 1-227256) and you will be issued a reimbursement check in the amount of $1,442.48. You will receive the check in the mail within 7-10 business days.

If I may be of any further assistance, please don't hesitate in contacting me.

Sincerely,

Melissa

Valvoline Customer Care

vioc_customer_service@ashland.m

800-327-8242 opt# 2
    859-357-5227 fax

Thank you,
    VIOC Customer Care

I am starting to breathe a sigh of relief. I wont count my chickens until the check is deposited but so far I am at least pleased with the response time.

Mike

Gone:
    2013 Audi S5 DSG - Unitronic Stage 2++ ECU & TCU, 3.17pr, Revo Charge Cooler, CTS Turbo Intake

Veteran Member Four Rings jygesq's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1986 Honda CH 150 D scooter bought new

looks like all will be well soon, no damage except to your ego!
    2015 S4, P+, Florett Silver,black /silver nappa leather, S-tronic ,sport diff,B&O ,tech package ,supercharged badges. All season tires ,cargo net, factory dip stick

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Empty...for now...

Wow. Nicely done. Very rarely does a situation like this work out so well in the consumer's favor.
    2015 Daytona Gray S4
    6MT / Sport Diff / B&O / Tech Pkg / Carbon Atlas / Black Alcantara
    Mods: S5 Peelers, Xpel Ultimate, 3M Color Stable Tint 35%, Bilstein PSS10, Euro Code Alu Kreuz, Eurocode Sway Bars, Moog Endlinks, CR-15, Eurocode Meisterwerk ASTS, AWE Resonated Touring Exhaust, ECS Luft-Technik Intake, 034 Transmission Mount, HCX LED 3000k Fog Lights, Apikol Rear Diff Mount

Senior Member Four Rings Brother Owl's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Jur Mahm

Quote Originally Posted by anerbe View Post
    Is it supposed to be "English well"? Or it could have been "good English".

Prob "speak English well" lol
    2013 S4 Estoril Blue Crystal 6MT / Prestige / Silver & Black / B&O / Sport Diff / 20% Tint / ECS SSK / E-codes / RS Grille / Ziza Yellow Fogs / ECS Slotted & Drilled Rotors / Akebono Pads / Roc Euro Intake
    Denver to Vegas in 9:26 (2/27/15)

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2005 4Runner

Nicely handled, Mike.

AZ Member #

That is great that they are going to completely cover the repair cost!

Are you going to press charges? Some here seem to think this was your fault, but the tech should have asked for help or simply said he did not know what to do. Instead, he literally cut your car open and would have caused $10k+ worth of damage if you drove the car in that state. The fact that the manager and owner only admitted to damaging your car after the cops arrived indicates that they would have likely denied any responsibility if you had driven away.

At the minimum you should post your experience on every online-review website to alert other people of the issue, and inform the state's AG in case the same thing happens (or recently happened) to others.

Veteran Member Three Rings PSUGOLD's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Glad it looks like it will work out in the end, and that you notice it before driving off the lot and destroying the car. They should fire those employees and shut down that damn shop for this too, ZERO excuse is good enough for doing the things they did and trying to hide it.
    2014 Estoril Blue crystal effect , Sports Diff, Adaptive Suspension, Carbon Atlas inlays, Side Assist, GIAC Stage 2 w/DSG, Borla Exhaust, Roc-Euro Intake, Left foot Pedal Adapter!

Senior Member Three Rings yakev724's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by IIIAWOLIII View Post
    Nicely handled, Mike.
    +1

Veteran Member Four Rings schirm's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1999 bmw z3coup M with 5,000 miles Mint

Quote Originally Posted by The Fat Kid View Post

At the minimum you should post your experience on every online-review website to alert other people of the issue, and inform the state's AG in case the same thing happens (or recently happened) to others.
    I would wait until after being paid.
    2010 S4 | Ice Silver Metallic | Sport Diff | 6 speed | 19 5-Tri-Spoke Wheels | Audi Drive Select | B&O | Silver/Black Nappa Sport Seats | Navigation Pkg W/Camera & sensors | Brushed Aluminum Trim | APR Stage 2+ | V1 | VAG COM | Hoen Xenonmatch Fogs | 034 Motor mounts | PSS 255/35/19 | Roc Euro | black RS4 Grille |

Past:
    2007 A4 | Revo Sg 2+

2005 Subaru Legacy GT 365WHP

AZ Member #

Thanks fellas.

Yes I am waiting to see if they follow through with their promise to send the check. After that I will see where the cards lie. Obviously I dont mind posting about the experience, Lol, but I'd like to wait until the funds are received so I can also be fair in reviewing the response of corporate as well (perhaps positively so).

So far it looks like this could have been a lot worse. I looked at the reviews on the online consumer complaint websites and it is filled with customers saying their transmission fluid was drained instead of oil and resulted in a failure (i'd assume this is probably one of the more common mistakes in the instant oil change business). Many of them claim the damage wasn't noticed until days later so their claim was denied. I could be out some serious coin if this had happened.

My takeaways are 1. do the work yourself 2. if not go to a trusted shop that is well known (ie, is collectible in court and has a reputation to worry about) 3. watch the work being done whenever possible or consider dash cams in engine bay? 4. Dont be afraid to ask questions or ask to speak with a manager if something feels off BEFORE you leave. 5. If something bad happens, keep your cool and document document document, witnesses witnesses witnesses.

Mike

Gone:

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Thanks fellas.

So far it looks like this could have been a lot worse. I looked at the reviews on the online consumer complaint websites and it is filled with customers saying their transmission fluid was drained instead of oil and resulted in a failure (i'd assume this is probably one of the more common mistakes in the instant oil change business). Many of them claim the damage wasn't noticed until days later so their claim was denied. I could be out some serious coin if this had happened.

My takeaways are 1. do the work yourself 2. if not go to a trusted shop that is well known (ie, is collectible in court and has a reputation to worry about) 3. watch the work being done whenever possible or consider dash cams in engine bay? 4. Dont be afraid to ask questions or ask to speak with a manager if something feels off BEFORE you leave. 5. If something bad happens, keep your cool and document document document, witnesses witnesses witnesses.

Mike
    This, keeping my cool and documenting got me a new motor.
    2010 S4 | Ice Silver Metallic | Sport Diff | 6 speed | 19 5-Tri-Spoke Wheels | Audi Drive Select | B&O | Silver/Black Nappa Sport Seats | Navigation Pkg W/Camera & sensors | Brushed Aluminum Trim | APR Stage 2+ | V1 | VAG COM | Hoen Xenonmatch Fogs | 034 Motor mounts | PSS 255/35/19 | Roc Euro | black RS4 Grille |

Past:
    2007 A4 | Revo Sg 2+

Veteran Member Three Rings MVR 155's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 Audi S4, 2015 GMC Yukon Denali and 2002 Corvette Z06

Glad to hear this all looks like it will be taken care of Mike!!!! You handled yourself well and got results!!
    2013 S4/S-Tronic/Ice Silver/Black Alcantera/19" Peelers/B&O/MMI-Navi/Advance Key/Carbon Atlas Inlays/Sports diff.
    2002 Corvette Z06
    2015 GMC Yukon Denali

Senior Member Three Rings jamesj2k's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I didn't even read the whole thread posts and I'm about to vomit.

Ii is NOT OP's fault and he is not an idiot!!!! It was the turd working the car that had no business even adding windshield fluid. I have seen some crazy dumb stuff happen even from dealers.

and no....you would be an insane to file a lawsuit. The amount of stress and money you would lose wouldn't even make sense. Document and have the place pay for the repair and move on.

Lesson learned!

and ... always change your own oil! lol
    2011 S4 - Meteor Grey Pearl Effect | S-Tronic | B&O | ADS | Carbon Inlays | Nappa | H&R OE springs | Vag-Com mods | 20%/20% tint | VMR 19" V705 Gunmetal | Injen Intake | APR Stage I | Control arms | Alu Kreuz

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jamesj2k View Post
    I didn't even read the whole thread posts and I'm about to vomit.

Ii is NOT OP's fault and he is not an idiot!!!! It was the turd working the car that had no business even adding windshield fluid. I have seen some crazy dumb stuff happen even from dealers.

and no....you would be an insane to file a lawsuit. The amount of stress and money you would lose wouldn't even make sense. Document and have the place pay for the repair and move on.

Lesson learned!

and ... always change your own oil! lol
    Since his damages, as far as repair cost, are less than $5000, this would could be small claims court, where his legal cost would be nearly zero.

Senior Member Four Rings Thurston's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I once took an early 90's toyota camry to a jiffy lube and they literally forgot / confusion some how took place / to put oil in the Camry they drained it, well most of it but didn't refill it or the plug was loose, who knows, but the motor blew shortly after. More recently I went to a Valvoline w/ my wife's new Camry and of course they were all out of the cheaper $30 dollar oil and suddenly only had the more expensive oil available - bunch of hustlers and I'm sure it trickles down from upper level mgmt.

AZ Member #

Did we ever find out which Valvoline place this was? Thinking somebody can post this thread link on Yelp, Google, or other "Review" sites.
    2017 BMW F80 M3 | Mineral Grey | BBS FI-R | AWE Non-resonated Exhaust | M Performance HAS | Ceramic Pro
    Gone but not forgotten: 2014 S4| Phantom Black| BBS CI-R Platinum Silver 19 x 9 ET 42 | 3M Crystalline 40 Tint | Opti-Coat Pro | Bilstein Coilovers | SPC UCAs | EuroCode ÜSS Sways/Links | Alu Kreuz | Roc-Euro | 034 Trans Mount | RS5 Front BBK | ECS Street Shield | AWE Touring 102s | AWE ColdFront | RS4 Grille

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ptper View Post
    Did we ever find out which Valvoline place this was? Thinking somebody can post this thread link on Yelp, Google, or other "Review" sites.
    Yes it is in here
    Wait till he gets his money back before people do this.

Past:
    2007 A4 | Revo Sg 2+

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by AudiTFSI3o3 View Post
    LOL!
    2018 S4 Prestige, Daytona Gray Pearl, Black Optic, S Sport, Napa Leather

2012 A4 Premium Plus, Monsoon Gray, Quattro, Navi, Push Start. VCDS mods needle sweep, windows up/down with fob, no wink turns, fogs as cornering lights.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by schirm View Post
    Yes it is in here
    Wait till he gets his money back before people do this.
    good call
    2017 BMW F80 M3 | Mineral Grey | BBS FI-R | AWE Non-resonated Exhaust | M Performance HAS | Ceramic Pro
    Gone but not forgotten: 2014 S4| Phantom Black| BBS CI-R Platinum Silver 19 x 9 ET 42 | 3M Crystalline 40 Tint | Opti-Coat Pro | Bilstein Coilovers | SPC UCAs | EuroCode ÜSS Sways/Links | Alu Kreuz | Roc-Euro | 034 Trans Mount | RS5 Front BBK | ECS Street Shield | AWE Touring 102s | AWE ColdFront | RS4 Grille

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast