Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1959676869
Results 2,721 to 2,726 of 2726
    Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Velox View Post

Also did this yesterday, for the first time, even with wiggling the impeller I was close to setting the car on fire.
    You did a lot more cleaning on the parts that weren't going back on the car than I did! Congrats to you on the installation.

Veteran Member Four Rings Gosser's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2005 A4, 1988 Buick Lesabre T-Type

How many miles on your pumps?
    2004 S4 MT - Summer
    2006 A4 3.2 AT - Wifes
    2004 A4 1.8 6MT - Winter
    2003 A4 1.8 CVT -> 5spd quttro swap!

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Gosser View Post
    How many miles on your pumps?
    109k on mine and it wasn't failed. I have the engine out for timing service and it's pretty easy and not terribly expensive to do now. I've seen it mentioned here that the S4 water pump isn't particularly prone to failure, but I have it in my head that they commonly fail on many other higher-mileage cars and a good idea to do as preventative maintenance, so if it's easy, I'm doing it.

Senior Member Three Rings Velox's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    audi

82K miles :(

Veteran Member Four Rings Gosser's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2005 A4, 1988 Buick Lesabre T-Type

Quote Originally Posted by NALS4 View Post
    109k on mine and it wasn't failed. I have the engine out for timing service and it's pretty easy and not terribly expensive to do now. I've seen it mentioned here that the S4 water pump isn't particularly prone to failure, but I have it in my head that they commonly fail on many other higher-mileage cars and a good idea to do as preventative maintenance, so if it's easy, I'm doing it.
    I completely understand your reasoning. Some of my buddies dont, they think if it isnt broken, dont touch, no matter how cheap or easy it is at the moment.
    2004 S4 MT - Summer
    2006 A4 3.2 AT - Wifes
    2004 A4 1.8 6MT - Winter
    2003 A4 1.8 CVT -> 5spd quttro swap!

Senior Member Three Rings mark_ma's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by NALS4 View Post
    Now I'm wondering, how hard should I be looking for the rest of the bits of plastic? For instance, I have lost some on the usual suspect guide, as you can tell when compared to the RS4 version installed behind it.

Attachment 91899

Maybe they came out in an oil change at about the time the previous owner decided it was time to sell?

One thing you can do if you havenít done it yet. Is remove the oil pan. When I removed mine I found some peaces from my guild. A oil change may flush it out... but from the time Iíve owned my car since 2015 to when I did my timing, 2018. Between those time, I still had timing peaceís just sitting on my oil pan from all the oil changes Iíve done. Itís really not a full proof that all of it got flushed out. But I can be wrong maybe you got lucky and it all did come out from oil change/s :)

Sent from the World Wide Web using Audizine
    Le build thread of mark_ma,
    500px ,Instagram , flickr_mark_ma
    4 wheels, 8 pistons, two mufflers , ultra light weight seat warmers, see through windows, carbon fiber turn signals, wireless key fob, photon reflecting side mirrors

Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1959676869