Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 94 of 94 FirstFirst ... 4484929394
Results 3,721 to 3,728 of 3728
    Established Member Two Rings jcpowell's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I've gotten both the Bosch and Vaico ones off of Amazon and have found the Vaico are better and don't have any problems skipping or chattering.
    2011 Phantom Black S4 | DSG | Sport Diff & ADS | EPL Stage 1+TCU | Ecode Intake | ECS Drivetrain Mounts | H&R OE Sport Springs | VMR V803 Hyper Silver | RS Grille

Senior Member Two Rings Slim0531's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2010 Santorini Black Land Rover LR4

Questions you thought were too stupid to ask

Bosch is no good, tried them before as alternative to oem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B8 S4, Orange B5 Avant

Ive found my Bosch ones to be fine but ya in socal so only use them to remove morning mist or very light drizzle.
    2011 S4 6mt Black/ Magma/ Carbon
    HRE ff01 | Rotiform ind-t | AWE Touring | P3 | Roc Euro | PLM | Eurocode Sways | Apr Stage 2 | H&R Sport | Q5 ECS Wave F/R | CR15 | AK | Eurocode Inserts | 034 subframe Inserts | Ecs Carbon Diffuser | JHM CP | ECS Short Shifter |

Senior Member Two Rings Slim0531's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2010 Santorini Black Land Rover LR4

Saw this on eBay but no idea how it works with oem Wiper arm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by GordonShumway View Post
    Drive Select on 6MT:
    Does anyone know what the difference is, for Engine, when switching between Comfort and Dynamic in a 6MT car?

Disregarding steering (which I feel doesn't do anything anyway), suspension, engine noise, what is the performance difference between these two modes and what is actually changing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ford Prefect View Post
    Throttle response is greatly increased on mine. I live it. For steering Iíve noticed it stays harder at lower speeds.
    My take on Engine in Comfort versus Dynamic is just that you get more actual throttle for the given input. Comfort is closer to linear (but still isn't) and Dynamic ramps up really quickly especially at the lower end of the pushing the pedal. To put some fake numbers to it to illustrate the point, if you push the pedal 20% of the way down, in Comfort you would get 25% throttle, in Dynamic you would get 40%. In dynamic the car feels powerful or eager but I feel there is nothing left once you get to 50 or 60% on the pedal. Personally I like engine in comfort just to smooth out the throttle inputs.

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by eurotic View Post
    How badly worn were your rotors? The "glue" should be there to prevent some vibration/squeal but if the pad is rattling around, that just doesn't sound right at all.
    Rotors are good. When I bought the car they replaced pads and rotors all the way around. I drove that way for a little while but couldnít stand the dust from the oem pads. The new pads donít rattle constantly only if I hit a large bump in the road or road turtles. Otherwise no noise. When I bought the pads from the local shop the guy mentioned they have been known to do it. Iím also considering maybe going with another pad instead too. From what Iíve read on the stop techs reviews are hit or miss.
    '14 S4 P+ DSG
    '14 A4 S-Line Sport Package 6MT - Totaled
    '12 Tiguan SEL 4MO.
    '03 Mustang Cobra "Stock"

Established Member Three Rings Ford Prefect's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 Silver S4, Mercedes Benz R350 ('07 & '11), Suzuki SV1000

Quote Originally Posted by eurotic View Post
    My take on Engine in Comfort versus Dynamic is just that you get more actual throttle for the given input. Comfort is closer to linear (but still isn't) and Dynamic ramps up really quickly especially at the lower end of the pushing the pedal. To put some fake numbers to it to illustrate the point, if you push the pedal 20% of the way down, in Comfort you would get 25% throttle, in Dynamic you would get 40%. In dynamic the car feels powerful or eager but I feel there is nothing left once you get to 50 or 60% on the pedal. Personally I like engine in comfort just to smooth out the throttle inputs.
    Yep, thatís my take too. I like dynamic.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Ford Prefect View Post
    Yep, thatís my take too. I like dynamic.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    So comfort vs dynamic changes throttle vs pedal position?

I was curious if it was like D vs S mode in the automatic, which I thought adjusts shift points, so that shouldn't make sense for MT.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    2014 S4 Prestige - Ibis White - 6MT

Page 94 of 94 FirstFirst ... 4484929394