Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1656646566
Results 2,601 to 2,630 of 2630
    Established Member Two Rings alhutch's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by JettaGetUpandGo View Post
    Based on recent interactions with Audi regarding the MMI modem upgrade this isn't surprising at all. It's unbelievable that they can put this tech in a car that someone might own for 10 years, market the crap out of it, and only support it for 2.
    Agreed. I wish they (Audi and all other car makers) would design their nav/infotainment in a more modular way so that changes like this Google Earth nonsense could be worked with. These systems aren't cheap new and shouldn't be thought of as disposable.

Or just provide a giant, dumb screen for CarPlay / Android Auto.
    2013 Allroad - Volcano Red

Veteran Member Four Rings dropshadow's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by alhutch View Post
    Agreed. I wish they (Audi and all other car makers) would design their nav/infotainment in a more modular way so that changes like this Google Earth nonsense could be worked with. These systems aren't cheap new and shouldn't be thought of as disposable.
    Supporting older vehicles doesn't sell new ones. They'd rather give people more reasons to upgrade their cars than keep their old ones.

This x1000. I would love to see this be a trend in the future but I highly doubt it for the same reason above.

Established Member Two Rings alhutch's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by dropshadow View Post
    Supporting older vehicles doesn't sell new ones. They'd rather give people more reasons to upgrade their cars than keep their old ones.
    Perhaps not, but manufacturers need to realize that happy current customers are their best prospects to become future customers. Simple fact is people hold onto their cars longer now than ever before and supporting them during that time can only help that future retention rate.
    2013 Allroad - Volcano Red

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    05 Subaru LGT (HTA71)

It's the paradigm shift in consumerism. Companies used to make and promote products that would last forever so lots of people would just buy their brand. Now companies promote the flashy newest product with the idea that everything is temporary. This is why most things are half baked and riddled with issues that they don't care to address (no maintenance) because they'll just release a new one in a year and people will blindly purchase.

On a lighter note, audizine is running their calendar photo contest. Let's get some allroads in there!

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...Contest-ON-NOW
    > 2015 Glacier White Metallic allroad P+ <> Airlift 3P <> 034 CAs <> Vossen VFS-2 Satin Bronze <> Magnaflow CBE <
    > RS4 FBSW <> Piano Black Trim <> BFI Shift Knob <> NGP Rearguard <

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

This sounds great in theory, but it wouldn't surprise me if there's a CarPlay/Audroid Auto 2 in a few years and as newer devices are released they aren't backwards with older Carplay/Android Auto interfaces.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Allroad Premium Plus (OEM+ Build Thread)
    Summer/Fun Car: 2005 Jetta GLI (OEM+ Build Thread)

Established Member Two Rings Digitaldub's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Anyone looking to part ways with set of Allroad 19 x 8" Sport package wheels?

Active Member One Ring cmess331's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Digitaldub View Post
    Which style is that(picture wise)?

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

AZ Member #

These? If so, I have a brand new set looking for a new home.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    05 Subaru LGT (HTA71)

Anyone near Toronto or within a reasonable drive? Complete black headliner...

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...lack-Headliner

edit: just realized the allroad headliner will be different due to big sunroof. rest of the bits are there, though.
    > 2015 Glacier White Metallic allroad P+ <> Airlift 3P <> 034 CAs <> Vossen VFS-2 Satin Bronze <> Magnaflow CBE <

AZ Member #

B8.5 allroad Info &amp; Resources Megathread

Quote Originally Posted by Allthea View Post
    Anyone near Toronto or within a reasonable drive? Complete black headliner...

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...lack-Headliner

edit: just realized the allroad headliner will be different due to big sunroof. rest of the bits are there, though.
    Only the stuff from the B-pillar forward is useful to a wagon owner. C & D pillars are different, even the sunroof dial is different due to the wagons' pano sunshade. So this would get someone A & B pillars, sunvisors & clips, rearview mirror, grab handles and a start on the overhead console. For $400, it's a good deal on all that stuff, but finding the rest isn't easy.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    05 Subaru LGT (HTA71)

^Figured you'd be the one to know the complete story!

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

^Figured you'd be the one to know the complete story!
    Yeah - I was thinking the same. lol...

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    05 Subaru LGT (HTA71)

Racked it. I should have done this a long time ago, I've had the racks forever and really like the look. I can vent the sunroof but I cannot full-open.

Then boxed it. It's slid all the way forward to not contact the hatch. I think I also (accidentally) stopped my hatch just before hitting it and then set the position. I don't know how to reset it to default hatch height so I gotta look that up hahaha...

One thing... the box had a little scuff on the back when I picked it up at REI. The guy pointed it out to me and gave me the option to have it sent back for a replacement. I said I'd take it because it's gonna get dinged up anyway. While talking to him I asked that if it ate away at my psyche, could I bring it back to exchange for a new one? He said I have a year to return / exchange it. When I got to better light (after leaving REI) it also now looks like there's a dent / mishapen part of plastic near the scuff... I think I'm going to end up bringing it back for a replacement.

Otherwise, love the look of it. Trying to eventually find a balance between pushed forward, or bringing it back and just lowering the hatch opening height.

Forum Moderator Four Rings DirtD1ver's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2017 Allroad, 2015 Q7

hahahaha that must be an REI special. When I picked mine up later that day it looked like it had dents in it, very light dents. and a few light scratches here and there.
    Don - Forum Moderator, Audizine

Current: 2017 Allroad Prestige Manhattan Grey
    Previous:2013 Allroad Prestige Monsoon Grey

Registered Member Two Rings A.A.ron's Avatar
    AZ Member #

YES SIR

i have a full set on my wagon atm located in Toronto. got any wheels to trade? am looking for winters atm too.

Registered Member Two Rings A.A.ron's Avatar
    AZ Member #

hi looking for some help with my 13' allroad im having a few running issues with the girl.

got it scanned and the codes coming up are....

high fuel pressure at fuel rail
    cam and crank senors not aligned (or something like that )
    and an evap code ( apparently could be a leaky fuel cap )

they were all cleared but still having running issues.

the car really bogs down in low revs up until 3/3.5k revs but no idling issues, no lumpy or noise at all
    could me chain of jumped? ( fudge i hope not )!!!

also uses oil......

turned the car off engine light came back on and same story, gingerly drive her home and left her for the night.

Anybody else had these issues?

would a new updated map and new coil packs help?

AZ Member #

Racked it. I should have done this a long time ago, I've had the racks forever and really like the look. I can vent the sunroof but I cannot full-open.

Then boxed it. It's slid all the way forward to not contact the hatch. I think I also (accidentally) stopped my hatch just before hitting it and then set the position. I don't know how to reset it to default hatch height so I gotta look that up hahaha...

One thing... the box had a little scuff on the back when I picked it up at REI. The guy pointed it out to me and gave me the option to have it sent back for a replacement. I said I'd take it because it's gonna get dinged up anyway. While talking to him I asked that if it ate away at my psyche, could I bring it back to exchange for a new one? He said I have a year to return / exchange it. When I got to better light (after leaving REI) it also now looks like there's a dent / mishapen part of plastic near the scuff... I think I'm going to end up bringing it back for a replacement.

Otherwise, love the look of it. Trying to eventually find a balance between pushed forward, or bringing it back and just lowering the hatch opening height.
    Looks good man
    Mine had some scratches in it too.
    I have an RS4 wing so I had to move mine pretty far forward.
    I programmed the hatch to stop before the wing touches. To program it close the hatch, then open it and stop it about an inch from where you actually want it to stop, then hold the button for like 5 seconds. Youíll hear a beep, itís then set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    05 Subaru LGT (HTA71)

Haha funny to hear this is not abnormal. They are big items to ship so it kinda makes sense this happens. It's more of a ripple than a dent.

I was able to set the hatch before hitting it using the hold button method. It's slid as far forward as it'll allow and my hatch gets almost all the way open.

Veteran Member Four Rings KFizz's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I think to set it back to the full height you just manually push the door up to full height and hold the button again.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Kyle
    2014 a4 Allroad /// Ibis, Unpainted Lowers (True AR)

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by KFizz View Post
    I think to set it back to the full height you just manually push the door up to full height and hold the button again.
    I've noticed that if I push the hatch all the way up and set it the hatch never returns to that height. It's always a couple of inches lower though I can manually push it up to that height and it holds. I thought it could have been a combination of cold weather and worn struts but replacing the struts didn't make much of a difference.

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Hi everyone!

I finally got around to using the documentation at audienthusiasts.com to enable ADS on my 2014 b8.5 allroad. I enabled two additional modes:

- allroad/offroad
    - efficiency

Do these two modes actually do anything? I drove around a little bit but wasn't really able to feel anything noticeable. Also, the main reason why I did this was in an attempt to improve the steering feedback and to solve the side to side micro adjustments needed when driving long distances on the highway.

I was told that setting the steering to Dynamic can help, although to be honest, I don't feel there is much of a difference there either. it's possible I'm being thick, but can anyone confirm or give some info?

Thanks!
    2014 B8.5 allroad | Premium Plus | Dakota Grey | 8-speed Tiptronic | Sport Package | B&O | Blog: https://myblueunicorn.com/

AZ Member #

We have a different steering rack, so the steering settings on the ADS do nothing. The only benefit to enabling ADS is adjusting the throttle response.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Rez4 View Post
    Hi everyone!

I finally got around to using the documentation at audienthusiasts.com to enable ADS on my 2014 b8.5 allroad. I enabled two additional modes:

- allroad/offroad
    - efficiency

Do these two modes actually do anything? I drove around a little bit but wasn't really able to feel anything noticeable. Also, the main reason why I did this was in an attempt to improve the steering feedback and to solve the side to side micro adjustments needed when driving long distances on the highway.

I was told that setting the steering to Dynamic can help, although to be honest, I don't feel there is much of a difference there either. it's possible I'm being thick, but can anyone confirm or give some info?

Thanks!
    Honestly, if you want to feel the goods, fill up with e85, thatís the only thing that made a noticeable difference in driving pep to me.

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

We have a different steering rack, so the steering settings on the ADS do nothing. The only benefit to enabling ADS is adjusting the throttle response.
    Well ain't that a Bi#$%@ LOL. I was told by some members in this exact thread a while back that one of the solutions to our swaying and loose feeling steering wheel is to enable ADS. I did find some information for Q5 owners about Byte 11. But when I load it up, the bit they mention will enable steering isn't even available.

Quote Originally Posted by BMC2U View Post
    Honestly, if you want to feel the goods, fill up with e85, thatís the only thing that made a noticeable difference in driving pep to me.

Oh I do fill up with E85 from time to time when it's on my way (APR stage 1). The purpose here was to hopefully improve on the steering feel of the car which is one of my only complaints. It's too disconnected and the highway constant micro adjustments needed drives me insane.

Other folks have said the X brace will help with that, but hey, I have no reason to believe it will honestly, as I keep getting conflicting information. That has a significant financial cost associated to it so I would like to get more confirmation from users who have actually done the upgrade if at all possible before biting the bullet.

Thanks all!
    2014 B8.5 allroad | Premium Plus | Dakota Grey | 8-speed Tiptronic | Sport Package | B&O | Blog: https://myblueunicorn.com/

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    05 Subaru LGT (HTA71)

Still on OEM wheels and tires? I'm wondering if the car is wiggly because of the rubber. I don't notice excessive adjustments on the highway but I'm on bigger wheels, fantastic summer tires, and lowered. When my stock setup goes back on this winter I'm sure I'll notice all the nuances

AZ Member #

The steering is also my biggest complaint with the car. Lowered, front/rear sway bars, CR-15 brace, Alu Kreuz brace, and lower profile tires (255/35/20). It still feels far too light and effortless. The "dead zone" in the center where I can wiggle the wheel back and forth and nothing happens drives me nuts too. The RS5 with dynamic steering is infinitely better. It doesn't even feel like the car is built on the same platform.

AZ Member #

Well ain't that a Bi#$%@ LOL. I was told by some members in this exact thread a while back that one of the solutions to our swaying and loose feeling steering wheel is to enable ADS. I did find some information for Q5 owners about Byte 11. But when I load it up, the bit they mention will enable steering isn't even available.

Oh I do fill up with E85 from time to time when it's on my way (APR stage 1). The purpose here was to hopefully improve on the steering feel of the car which is one of my only complaints. It's too disconnected and the highway constant micro adjustments needed drives me insane.

Other folks have said the X brace will help with that, but hey, I have no reason to believe it will honestly, as I keep getting conflicting information. That has a significant financial cost associated to it so I would like to get more confirmation from users who have actually done the upgrade if at all possible before biting the bullet.

Thanks all!
    Try the canyon runner front cross brace. It helped with mine. I have an 034 rear bar too which I think somewhat exaggerated the front steering feel. The brace helped.

AZ Member #

The steering is also my biggest complaint with the car. Lowered, front/rear sway bars, CR-15 brace, Alu Kreuz brace, and lower profile tires (255/35/20). It still feels far too light and effortless. The "dead zone" in the center where I can wiggle the wheel back and forth and nothing happens drives me nuts too. The RS5 with dynamic steering is infinitely better. It doesn't even feel like the car is built on the same platform.
    I believe there was a dealership fix for that. I read some time ago here on AZ where it was mentioned. I know the dead space you speak of. My A4 sedan did it too but not as noticeable.

AZ Member #

B8.5 allroad Info &amp; Resources Megathread

Sounds like toe set neutral, probably for wear. Negative camber due to the drop could also lighten the steering in a straight line.
    I have factory ADS (with steering) and wish it were as heavy as stock A4 (of the same generation) without ADS. Although Iíve heard you can turn off the ADS recommendation (via VCDS)to weight it up.

Jeff

Established Member Two Rings ATL_wagon_guy's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 Audi Allroad, 2009 Volkswagen Passat Wagon 2.0T

- allroad/offroad
    - efficiency

Do these two modes actually do anything?
    I enabled Efficiency on ours, which actually slows the throttle response and encourages early shifting to improve fuel economy slightly. It's the main mode we use. My wife and I both work from home, so most of our Allroad's life is spent going back and forth between preschool and the grocery store. Efficiency mode helps with all of the slow city driving. It's also nice for long highway slogs when you don't have much passing to do.

Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1656646566