Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1353616263
Results 2,481 to 2,486 of 2486
    Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Made my own scoop for the allroad for about $20. Comes much lower than the ECS scoop.

[IMG] [/IMG]

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by oatzel View Post
    I agree. Seems like if there is a TSB out on it, it should be covered. I'm still talking with the dealer on the actual cost.
    Iím curious what the dealer does to fix this? Change fuel pump?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Established Member Three Rings G_Wagon's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor-S View Post
    Would you be able to post a picture of the scoop installed? I have the AWE intercooler and think it may not fit based on the images from ECS (It might drop down too far).
    I have an Integrated Engineering Intercooler and it fits.

Established Member Three Rings G_Wagon's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Comfy Pursuit View Post
    Upon fitment research via ECS, it doesnít appear there are any they sell that will directly fit to our model.

Taylor, I did a brief inspection and believe there are brackets holding the grill in place to the front end where youíd like to cut out/drill slots.
    It fits

Veteran Member Four Rings oatzel's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by BMC2U View Post
    Iím curious what the dealer does to fix this? Change fuel pump?

They install these two control valves and a hose to the existing fuel pump assembly if the fuel pump tests ok. If the pump is bad then they install the valves on the new fuel pump assembly.

Part is 8k0298112g

Tsb is 2043758/8

Current: '14 allroad, Premium +, Sport, Black on Black, H&R c/o, Magnaflow exhaust, Hotchkis swaybars, Neuspeed Gunmetal RSe102, CR-15

Old: '12 4dr GTI Autobahn, Black on Black
    07 s4 avant, ibis, stasis exhaust, vogtland c/o, h-sport rs4 sways, vmr gunmetal v710s, 50/35% tint
    09 A4 2.0t
    03 a4 3.0qms
    00 1.8TQ

Veteran Member Four Rings oatzel's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by f_399 View Post
    What exactly is vapor lock and did the mechanism that prevents it failed?
    Vapor lock occurs when the liquid gas in the tank or fuel lines gets hot enough that it turns into vapor. It then gets sucked into the fuel system and prevents the fuel pump from pulling/pumping gas into the engine. Fuel pressure drops and the car dies. It was a pretty common problem back in the days before fuel injection and high pressure fuel pumps. Some say that modern fuel injected cars don't suffer from it, but that's not true. It's definitely way less common, but the fact that it happened and that there is a TSB out on it makes it clear that it is a problem. There's no mechanism that failed per se. The repair kit adds parts that aren't on the car. Two control valves and hose that I was told trap any vapors and prevent them from being put into the fuel lines.

Honestly, I think if you always keep the tank fairly full when it is hot (over 100 degrees) it probably isn't going to happen. I'd been driving for about 3.5 hours in temps between 105-110, car was below a quarter tank, and crested a hill. I figure between the low fuel level, high temps, likely sloshing of what fuel i had in the tank, it allowed the system to suck in vapor rather than liquid.

Hopefully it doesn't happen again. Or hopefully they do a recall so I can seek reimbursement on the cost of the repair. It's not an A4 specific problem, TSB applies to A4, A5, A6, A7, and Q5 and both the 2.0 and 3.0 engines
    Current: '14 allroad, Premium +, Sport, Black on Black, H&R c/o, Magnaflow exhaust, Hotchkis swaybars, Neuspeed Gunmetal RSe102, CR-15

Old: '12 4dr GTI Autobahn, Black on Black
    07 s4 avant, ibis, stasis exhaust, vogtland c/o, h-sport rs4 sways, vmr gunmetal v710s, 50/35% tint
    09 A4 2.0t
    03 a4 3.0qms
    00 1.8TQ

Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1353616263