Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 71 of 72 FirstFirst ... 216169707172 LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,840 of 2854
  1. #2801
    Senior Member Three Rings AUDacIouS4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 11 2016
    AZ Member #
    370113
    My Garage
    B8 S4 Stasis
    Location
    Orange County CA

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by JettaGetUpandGo View Post
    Allroad grill frame with mush from an RS4 replica grill trimmed to fit within the frame? The hangup for me would be the lower side grills not matching. That and while I love the RS4 grill on an A4, the Allroad grill is so unique and there's so few of them around.
    There are 3 Allroad's in my neighborhood now. I see them everywhere it seems. I never liked the whole front end of the Allroad anyway, hence the remodel. The replica grilles are legit, just as nice as the real deal. My neighbor has an RS5 and it looks the same. I get what your saying about the side grilles not matching but I don't like the look of the RS grille material there, its cheesy. Mercedes and BMW have started to use different materials in the main grille vs the lower grilles too so it might just be hard transition away from what we're used to seeing.

    I know its not for everyone, and the the Allroad purists are gnashing their teeth, but I can actually stand to look at the front now!

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Audizine mobile app
    2010 S4: Stasis Touring
    2015 Allroad GIAC E85/APR FMIC/ECS intake/034 HFC, driveline inserts, UCA's/KW V3/H&R sways/20x10 Vossen x Work VWS1

  2. #2802
    Senior Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 02 2017
    AZ Member #
    392259
    Location
    Beaverton, OR

    Any pics farther back from the car with the new front grill+

  3. #2803
    Senior Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 30 2012
    AZ Member #
    103194
    Location
    Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by AUDacIouS4 View Post
    There are 3 Allroad's in my neighborhood now. I see them everywhere it seems. I never liked the whole front end of the Allroad anyway, hence the remodel. The replica grilles are legit, just as nice as the real deal. My neighbor has an RS5 and it looks the same. I get what your saying about the side grilles not matching but I don't like the look of the RS grille material there, its cheesy. Mercedes and BMW have started to use different materials in the main grille vs the lower grilles too so it might just be hard transition away from what we're used to seeing.

    I know its not for everyone, and the the Allroad purists are gnashing their teeth, but I can actually stand to look at the front now!

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Audizine mobile app
    On Ebay you can search for ABS grill mesh in whatever pattern you like. I did this on my UrS6 years ago and looked great.





    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mesh-Grill-...2048:rk:1:pf:0
    2015 S3 - Full OEM RS3 Front End Conversion - CTS BOV/LW Crank Pulley/Turbo Muffler Delete/Throttle Pipe/IC Pipes - AMS CF Intake - Bull X Catless DP - UM STG 2 RED FILE/STG 3 TCU - XBQ/UBQ - HG Intercooler - ST XTA Coil Overs - Black Optics Trim - PURE CF Trunk Spoiler/Mirror Caps/Rear Diffuser - 19x9 GT5 wheels - E Codes - ECS LW Rotors /BB Intake CF Eng. Cover - Full 3" Valved MF Exhaust - Blacked Out Badges - 034 R/Sway/RSFM - BFI STG 1 Engine/Torque Arm - RS3 Vents - 3M Crystalline

  4. #2804
    Active Member Two Rings Circuit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 02 2015
    AZ Member #
    346480
    Location
    Hayward, CA

    Quote Originally Posted by Circuit View Post
    Hi Everyone! Looking to join the AR family as soon as my MK5 Jetta is bought back through Dieselgate.

    I do want to switch to an S4 front bumper (flame suit on). Is the only bodywork involved in the side flares? I can get used AR and S4 bumpers so having a body shop mate the 2 should be pretty simple.
    Well it only took 2 years, but I finally got my Allroad! Life gets in the way sometimes ... had to buy a home and get married first. 2013 Prestige with ~56k miles and am loving it so far! Will get a build thread going once I get more done to it.

    B8.5 Allroad
    Instagram: @chrsbrnrdo

  5. #2805
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Jan 29 2014
    AZ Member #
    141434
    Location
    NYC

    NICE !!!!!!!

  6. #2806
    Active Member One Ring boyracer4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06 2005
    AZ Member #
    8656
    My Garage
    '02 S4; '06 Miata, '15 Allroad,'17Q5
    Location
    gold

    60 days into ownership and planning on adding some parts for a better handling Allroad. I have the 034 Motorsports rear bar and end links about to be installed, and I want to try to find a suspension that lowers the car slightly but does not destroy the ride quality. I have had multiple sets of coil overs for a couple of my cars and know that I cannot destroy the comfort of the car since it is my DD. Has anyone installed bags or a partial setup with success on their B8.5 chassis?

  7. #2807
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Aug 09 2011
    AZ Member #
    79524
    Location
    calgary, AB, CANADA

    Quote Originally Posted by boyracer4 View Post
    60 days into ownership and planning on adding some parts for a better handling Allroad. I have the 034 Motorsports rear bar and end links about to be installed, and I want to try to find a suspension that lowers the car slightly but does not destroy the ride quality. I have had multiple sets of coil overs for a couple of my cars and know that I cannot destroy the comfort of the car since it is my DD. Has anyone installed bags or a partial setup with success on their B8.5 chassis?
    Lots of guys just run the S-Line Avant suspension. clean drop, but not slammed, and its factory parts so the ride is reasonable.

  8. #2808
    Active Member Two Rings cmess331's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 01 2018
    AZ Member #
    423442
    Location
    Richmond va

    Quote Originally Posted by boyracer4 View Post
    60 days into ownership and planning on adding some parts for a better handling Allroad. I have the 034 Motorsports rear bar and end links about to be installed, and I want to try to find a suspension that lowers the car slightly but does not destroy the ride quality. I have had multiple sets of coil overs for a couple of my cars and know that I cannot destroy the comfort of the car since it is my DD. Has anyone installed bags or a partial setup with success on their B8.5 chassis?
    I am in the process of getting the sport suspension put into my AR. I didn't want to spend a lot of money but wanted something that was quality. And now I can say I have an s-line allroad

    Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

  9. #2809
    Veteran Member Four Rings Gusman1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 01 2014
    AZ Member #
    247072
    My Garage
    2014 Audi Allroad, 2011 Mustang GT Sold: 2015 Audi S4, 2004 VW Jetta GLI, 2015 VW GTI
    Location
    San Jose, CA

    Quote Originally Posted by Circuit View Post
    Well it only took 2 years, but I finally got my Allroad! Life gets in the way sometimes ... had to buy a home and get married first. 2013 Prestige with ~56k miles and am loving it so far! Will get a build thread going once I get more done to it.

    Congrats on the new ride!
    Allroad

  10. #2810
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Aug 06 2012
    AZ Member #
    98213
    Location
    Parker, CO

    Quote Originally Posted by Circuit View Post
    Well it only took 2 years, but I finally got my Allroad! Life gets in the way sometimes ... had to buy a home and get married first. 2013 Prestige with ~56k miles and am loving it so far! Will get a build thread going once I get more done to it.

    Congratulations. I have a 2013 with 136,000 miles on it now......... GREAT vehicle.
    Vehicles: 2013 Ibis White allroad & 2006 Campy White Touareg

  11. #2811
    Established Member Two Rings BMC2U's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 28 2017
    AZ Member #
    411710
    Location
    NorCal

    Quote Originally Posted by boyracer4 View Post
    60 days into ownership and planning on adding some parts for a better handling Allroad. I have the 034 Motorsports rear bar and end links about to be installed, and I want to try to find a suspension that lowers the car slightly but does not destroy the ride quality. I have had multiple sets of coil overs for a couple of my cars and know that I cannot destroy the comfort of the car since it is my DD. Has anyone installed bags or a partial setup with success on their B8.5 chassis?
    Iíve had springs and coil overs and I can say that the KW V1s ride awesome! Mine is daily 50-60 miles a day, everyday. I absolutely love the way mine rides and handles. And I drive it like I stole it!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #2812
    Veteran Member Four Rings KFizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 27 2009
    AZ Member #
    52596
    Location
    Edmonton/Alberta

    Quote Originally Posted by BMC2U View Post
    Iíve had springs and coil overs and I can say that the KW V1s ride awesome! Mine is daily 50-60 miles a day, everyday. I absolutely love the way mine rides and handles. And I drive it like I stole it!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's interesting. I came in here to vent about how much I hate my KW V1s and this was the last post..

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Kyle
    2014 a4 Allroad /// Ibis, Unpainted Lowers (True AR)

  13. #2813
    Veteran Member Four Rings KFizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 27 2009
    AZ Member #
    52596
    Location
    Edmonton/Alberta

    I'm thinking about going back to stock suspension. After having KW coilovers on the car for 3 years, I'm fed up. I've adjusted the suspension so many times it's ridiculous. At this moment, even with the 30mm spring spacers, one of the rear springs is maxxed out at a FTG height of 27". And it seems to be sagging more every season. These coilovers have really soured the experience of owning this car. The rear end continues to sag. KW has been no help with the issue at all. I don't want to spend any more time or money on these things.

    At this point I think I just want the factory suspension back on. I may look into getting some Bilstein shocks and the factory springs. I'm over this coilovers nonsense.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Kyle
    2014 a4 Allroad /// Ibis, Unpainted Lowers (True AR)

  14. #2814
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Nov 11 2017
    AZ Member #
    409695
    Location
    Denver, Colorado

    Quote Originally Posted by KFizz View Post
    I'm thinking about going back to stock suspension. After having KW coilovers on the car for 3 years, I'm fed up. I've adjusted the suspension so many times it's ridiculous. At this moment, even with the 30mm spring spacers, one of the rear springs is maxxed out at a FTG height of 27". And it seems to be sagging more every season. These coilovers have really soured the experience of owning this car. The rear end continues to sag. KW has been no help with the issue at all. I don't want to spend any more time or money on these things.

    At this point I think I just want the factory suspension back on. I may look into getting some Bilstein shocks and the factory springs. I'm over this coilovers nonsense.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    I would suggest looking at the Bilstein B12 kit

    https://www.ajusa.com/shop-by-brand/...46-183521.html



    Jeff

  15. #2815
    Established Member Two Rings BMC2U's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 28 2017
    AZ Member #
    411710
    Location
    NorCal

    Quote Originally Posted by KFizz View Post
    I'm thinking about going back to stock suspension. After having KW coilovers on the car for 3 years, I'm fed up. I've adjusted the suspension so many times it's ridiculous. At this moment, even with the 30mm spring spacers, one of the rear springs is maxxed out at a FTG height of 27". And it seems to be sagging more every season. These coilovers have really soured the experience of owning this car. The rear end continues to sag. KW has been no help with the issue at all. I don't want to spend any more time or money on these things.

    At this point I think I just want the factory suspension back on. I may look into getting some Bilstein shocks and the factory springs. I'm over this coilovers nonsense.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    I had the same problem with the initial kit which is really just a sedan kit. One of the springs sacked out like yours. I got the Avant/S4 rear springs and they are amazingly perfect!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #2816
    Veteran Member Four Rings KFizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 27 2009
    AZ Member #
    52596
    Location
    Edmonton/Alberta

    Quote Originally Posted by BMC2U View Post
    I had the same problem with the initial kit which is really just a sedan kit. One of the springs sacked out like yours. I got the Avant/S4 rear springs and they are amazingly perfect!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I take it the spring in the picture is the s4/Avant version. I'll confirm the part number against what I have installed. Although I'm pretty sure it's the Avant ones. I've been through all of this with KW before. After battling for months, they sent me some other springs, which actually were even lower then the initial ones. So I sent them back and ordered the spacers on my own dime.

    Is there an issue mixing another brands spring, say Eibach, with the KW struts? I just have so little faith in KW at this point. And I'm tired of dropping the rear subframe to fix rear suspension. I'm a fucking master at it now, but I want the next time to be the last.

    *Edit*

    So I just found the original email from KW

    "When we send your new springs, going from #1034 and swapping for #1036 with thicker and taller coils but about the same rate, we will need you to send the old failed springs back to us for testing and analysis."

    The 1034 springs are the ones I have installed, so that's not the Avant ones. I actually sent the Avant ones back it seems. Damn, that looks like mistake now. Although they did not raise the car when I had them installed. They were thicker though.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Kyle
    2014 a4 Allroad /// Ibis, Unpainted Lowers (True AR)

  17. #2817
    Established Member Two Rings BMC2U's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 28 2017
    AZ Member #
    411710
    Location
    NorCal

    Quote Originally Posted by KFizz View Post
    I take it the spring in the picture is the s4/Avant version. I'll confirm the part number against what I have installed. Although I'm pretty sure it's the Avant ones. I've been through all of this with KW before. After battling for months, they sent me some other springs, which actually were even lower then the initial ones. So I sent them back and ordered the spacers on my own dime.

    Is there an issue mixing another brands spring, say Eibach, with the KW struts? I just have so little faith in KW at this point. And I'm tired of dropping the rear subframe to fix rear suspension. I'm a fucking master at it now, but I want the next time to be the last.

    *Edit*

    So I just found the original email from KW

    "When we send your new springs, going from #1034 and swapping for #1036 with thicker and taller coils but about the same rate, we will need you to send the old failed springs back to us for testing and analysis."

    The 1034 springs are the ones I have installed, so that's not the Avant ones. I actually sent the Avant ones back it seems. Damn, that looks like mistake now. Although they did not raise the car when I had them installed. They were thicker though.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Iím running the 1036 now. Huge improvement and no sag. I had 30mm spacers cranked all the way down just to get enough lift in the rear (27 FTG). Now I donít need the spacers and havenít had any sag and the spring rate is perfect.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #2818
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Dec 13 2018
    AZ Member #
    433130
    Location
    Oconomowoc, WI

    Quote Originally Posted by BMC2U View Post
    Iím running the 1036 now. Huge improvement and no sag. I had 30mm spacers cranked all the way down just to get enough lift in the rear (27 FTG). Now I donít need the spacers and havenít had any sag and the spring rate is perfect.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BMC2U,

    Is 27 maxed, or can you get to 27.5? Are you using the stock shocks with the KW's? How is dd ride quality?

    Trying to figure this whole thing out. Really need to lower the stock height, but don't want to sacrifice too much ride quality with these crap roads. Would be willing to drop the coin for PSS10's if they are worth it, but haven't found a thread yet that convinces me.

  19. #2819
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Nov 11 2017
    AZ Member #
    409695
    Location
    Denver, Colorado

    B8.5 allroad Info & Resources Megathread

    Just a reference on the Vogtlands....at 26.5 (about 1.75 below stock) I have about as much ground clearance as a A4 S-line does stock, with slightly less than a finger gap. I was concerned about scraping front and middle as I have a STEEP driveway with a break-over , but have yet to get close. That said, because I was nervous, I had mine set at 26.75 front and 26.90 rear(w/30mm rear spacers). I have since settled to at or slightly below 26.5 but I only have additional adjustment in the rear due to the spacer.

    Ride is definitely more controlled than stock, any harshness Iím going to blame on the tire slapping with the 20Ēs(summer), as it is pretty cushy by comparison now on the 19Ēs(winter).

    I did throw the 20Ēs and 034RSB on before the coils and at that height the RSB made a huge difference, with the 20Ēs adding some Marginal harshness...but it is amazing how stock really isolates you from road feel.

    A note on the RSB....it is said from an all out handling point that replacing just the rear is recommended as stiffening the front will increase understeer. While I believe this, preference for me, on a car that is not tracked, might be to have less roll and better turn in]by changing to an H&R or Hotckis sway set.


    Jeff
    Stock
    IMG_4911.JPG
    Summer
    IMG_5552.jpg
    Winter
    IMG_6444.JPG
    Last edited by JLAllroad; 01-06-2019 at 03:18 PM.

  20. #2820
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Dec 13 2018
    AZ Member #
    433130
    Location
    Oconomowoc, WI

    Quote Originally Posted by JLAllroad View Post
    Just a reference on the Vogtlands....at 26.5 (about 1.75 below stock) I have about as much ground clearance as a A4 S-line does stock, with slightly less than a finger gap. I was concerned about scraping front and middle as I have a STEEP driveway with a break-over , but have yet to get close. That said, because I was nervous, I had mine set at 26.75 front and 26.90 rear(w/30mm rear spacers). I have since settled to at or slightly below 26.5 but I only have additional adjustment in the rear due to the spacer.


    JeffIMG_5552.jpgIMG_6444.JPG
    Thanks,

    Yours looks great. I just don't think I want to mess with spacers if I don't have to. I want to try to achieve about 27.5-27 as a final FTG, probably going to stick with 19's for now. I've been driving a Golf R with VMR springs for the past 5 years, and I'm ready to stop messing with rubbing and clunking. If I could achieve my goal with springs such as the KW HAS and keep the stock shocks, great. If I have to step it up with coil overs, so be it. Just want to make sure I'm being realistic with my goals before I spend the $

  21. #2821
    Established Member Two Rings BMC2U's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 28 2017
    AZ Member #
    411710
    Location
    NorCal

    Quote Originally Posted by veloAR View Post
    BMC2U,

    Is 27 maxed, or can you get to 27.5? Are you using the stock shocks with the KW's? How is dd ride quality?

    Trying to figure this whole thing out. Really need to lower the stock height, but don't want to sacrifice too much ride quality with these crap roads. Would be willing to drop the coin for PSS10's if they are worth it, but haven't found a thread yet that convinces me.
    Yes you can get 27.5. I run 27 all the way around on 20x10.5 and 275/35s and mob it daily. Iím using the KW shorter shocks in the rear, front is coil overs.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  22. #2822
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Dec 13 2018
    AZ Member #
    433130
    Location
    Oconomowoc, WI

    Quote Originally Posted by BMC2U View Post
    Yes you can get 27.5. I run 27 all the way around on 20x10.5 and 275/35s and mob it daily. Iím using the KW shorter shocks in the rear, front is coil overs.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dang it! Was hoping you had a simple answer, not the custom style thing youíre running

  23. #2823
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Dec 13 2018
    AZ Member #
    433130
    Location
    Oconomowoc, WI

    Does anyone have the link or part number for the s-line Avant suspension components that would be compatible with the Allroad?

    And will it work with the B9?

  24. #2824
    Senior Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Jun 29 2007
    AZ Member #
    19155
    Location
    Texas

    I have avant s line suspension sitting in a box if anyone wants to buy it.

    Took it off the car about 2 weeks ago

    $300

    Send me a message if interested


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  25. #2825
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Aug 30 2018
    AZ Member #
    425745
    Location
    Washington D.C.

    Quote Originally Posted by f_399 View Post
    I have avant s line suspension sitting in a box if anyone wants to buy it.

    Took it off the car about 2 weeks ago

    $300

    Send me a message if interested


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    Iím interested. Can you please describe what is included? Where are you located?


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  26. #2826
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    May 30 2018
    AZ Member #
    419712
    Location
    Indiana

    Has anyone installed a remote start on their allroad? Can audi dealer do it or is it a third party install?

  27. #2827
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Dec 06 2016
    AZ Member #
    387647
    My Garage
    2003 GTI, 2015 Q5
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN

    Quote Originally Posted by JBallroad8.5 View Post
    Has anyone installed a remote start on their allroad? Can audi dealer do it or is it a third party install?
    IMO it's not worth it. The 2L TFSI makes almost no heat at idle (hence the aux heater). Letting the vehicle idle to warm up can contribute to increased carbon build up and more wear with cold oil.

    The best thing to do is let it idle down after the cold startup and drive it moderately until warmed up.

    You could also attempt to retrofit a park heater from Europe but I haven't seen it done on a B8.
    Daily:2014 Allroad
    Fun car: 2003 VW GTI Build Thread
    IG:mnshortbus
    fptuned.com

  28. #2828
    Veteran Member Four Rings dropshadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 28 2009
    AZ Member #
    40470
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN

    Remote starters are rarely used to warm up the engine, people want them to warm up the interior. Trying to explain to someone why it's a bad idea to let a car warm up at idle in winter will almost always fall on deaf ears.

  29. #2829
    Active Member One Ring JulianFD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 05 2018
    AZ Member #
    430463
    Location
    Charlotte

    Hey, to anyone in the Charlotte, NC area that would be willing to help install aftermarket suspension on a B8.5 Allroad, please let me know. Or if you have had a good experience with a shop in the area that would be valuable info too. Thanks in advance!

  30. #2830
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Aug 09 2011
    AZ Member #
    79524
    Location
    calgary, AB, CANADA

    hey guys, hoping you can help.

    I searched a bunch but there are so many different opinions, so I am asking you allroad folks.

    2015 AR, has the xenon lights that go up/down, but not around corners.

    since lowering, my lights are WAY too low, and I need to adjust. I have access to VCDS/VAG-COM, but when we tried to do it yesterday we couldn't locate module 55.

    In speaking to a tech from Audi, they were adamant that you MUST do these adjustments with VCDS, not just using the white adjustment screws, as it will automatically re-adjust itself otherwise.

    Can anyone help? I cannot find any menu in VCDS that will allow me to adjust the headlight, or even put them in service mode.

    thanks in advance.

  31. #2831
    Veteran Member Four Rings dropshadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 28 2009
    AZ Member #
    40470
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN

    Quote Originally Posted by miketweedie View Post
    hey guys, hoping you can help.

    I searched a bunch but there are so many different opinions, so I am asking you allroad folks.

    2015 AR, has the xenon lights that go up/down, but not around corners.

    since lowering, my lights are WAY too low, and I need to adjust. I have access to VCDS/VAG-COM, but when we tried to do it yesterday we couldn't locate module 55.

    In speaking to a tech from Audi, they were adamant that you MUST do these adjustments with VCDS, not just using the white adjustment screws, as it will automatically re-adjust itself otherwise.

    Can anyone help? I cannot find any menu in VCDS that will allow me to adjust the headlight, or even put them in service mode.

    thanks in advance.
    You absolutely can aim them yourself with the adjustment screws. The headlights will re-level themselves accordingly.

  32. #2832
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Aug 09 2011
    AZ Member #
    79524
    Location
    calgary, AB, CANADA

    Quote Originally Posted by dropshadow View Post
    You absolutely can aim them yourself with the adjustment screws. The headlights will re-level themselves accordingly.
    so to be clear, what do you mean by "they will re-level"?

    the concern the tech had was that the system will constantly re-level to the previous height, which will eventually lead you to adjust them past the range of the adjustment screws and kill the motors.

    sorry, this feels like such a newb question.

  33. #2833
    Veteran Member Four Rings dropshadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 28 2009
    AZ Member #
    40470
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN

    Quote Originally Posted by miketweedie View Post
    so to be clear, what do you mean by "they will re-level"?

    the concern the tech had was that the system will constantly re-level to the previous height, which will eventually lead you to adjust them past the range of the adjustment screws and kill the motors.

    sorry, this feels like such a newb question.
    When you start the car, the headlights level themselves. Re-aiming them does not affect this one bit.

  34. #2834
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Nov 11 2017
    AZ Member #
    409695
    Location
    Denver, Colorado

    Quote Originally Posted by dropshadow View Post
    When you start the car, the headlights level themselves. Re-aiming them does not affect this one bit.
    You should ensure that the sensor on the left rear suspension (by the sway bar endlink) is connected and not damaged.


    Jeff

  35. #2835
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Aug 09 2011
    AZ Member #
    79524
    Location
    calgary, AB, CANADA

    thanks guys!

  36. #2836
    Veteran Member Three Rings BrewDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 13 2009
    AZ Member #
    39823
    My Garage
    17 Q3, 13 allroad, 04 R32 FT450, 06 Beetle, 03 Passat Variant
    Location
    KLAS

    Quote Originally Posted by miketweedie View Post
    hey guys, hoping you can help.

    I searched a bunch but there are so many different opinions, so I am asking you allroad folks.

    2015 AR, has the xenon lights that go up/down, but not around corners.

    since lowering, my lights are WAY too low, and I need to adjust. I have access to VCDS/VAG-COM, but when we tried to do it yesterday we couldn't locate module 55.

    In speaking to a tech from Audi, they were adamant that you MUST do these adjustments with VCDS, not just using the white adjustment screws, as it will automatically re-adjust itself otherwise.

    Can anyone help? I cannot find any menu in VCDS that will allow me to adjust the headlight, or even put them in service mode.

    thanks in advance.
    Paul @ DAP has procedures on utilizing OBDEleven to adjust headlights. Pretty sure you could find the block in VCDS and do the same...

    https://youtu.be/7bnqyqN49gA

  37. #2837
    Established Member Two Rings AbsolutelyMitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05 2017
    AZ Member #
    389916
    Location
    Waukesha, WI

    Has anyone attempted to install a euro hitch on our car? The US aftermarket hitches require cutting of the lower valance, plus a gaudy steel receiver hanging down when not in use, both unacceptable to me.

    I came across this which is the option I prefer when using the vehicle selector. I also understand the ball will be 50mm (standard in Europe) however I'm not worried about that. This is for towing small watercrafts/snowmobiles/motorcycle trailer, by the way, everything will be around ~1500lbs.
    Daily: B8.5 Allroad / Premuim Plus / Brilliant Black / Piano Black Trim / RS5 Interior / KW v2's / 20x9 Rotors
    Alt: 2016 Yamaha FZ-07 / Exhaust / Tune / Cosmetics
    Instagram: AbsolutelyMitch | ACNA Member

  38. #2838
    Senior Member Three Rings skifreak85353's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 23 2015
    AZ Member #
    357370
    Location
    Arlington, VA

    Have not seen that hitch installed. I have one of these and it doesn't look too bad https://torkliftcentral.com/2009-201...-ecohitch?p=12 just has the receiver showing.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    ____________________
    2014 Audi Allroad Prem+ Moonlight Blue | 19" S5 Rotors w/ 10mm H+R spacers | 19" S4 Peelers plasti-dipped anthracite w 25mm and 30mm H+R spacers | Stasis RSB | Alu Kreuz | Avant S-Line springs | 20% tint | Vag Com mods
    2009 Volvo XC90 V8 R-Design
    2013 Subaru WRX Limited (Satin White Pearl) - Gone but not forgotten
    The Instagram the_radifier

  39. #2839
    Established Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Sep 06 2017
    AZ Member #
    406453
    My Garage
    05 Subaru LGT (HTA71)
    Location
    MA

    Quote Originally Posted by dropshadow View Post
    When you start the car, the headlights level themselves. Re-aiming them does not affect this one bit.
    Hm. When I bagged the car, the headlights were aiming crazy high. I re-aligned them myself using the screws and it stayed for a while. The next time I aired out, the headlights started pointing high again. When I cycled the car at drive height, they stayed pointing high (instead of going back to the adjusted position). Eventually I took it in and had a tech realign the lights and set the new home position in VCDS. If I air out, they will point high when I start the car while it's low. However, if I turn off the engine and restart at drive height, they will go back to their correct, newly aligned position.

    Maybe I screwed something up when doing the white screw alignment, but I've also read in other threads that you have to set the new home position in the VCDS.
    > 2015 Glacier White allroad P+ <
    > Airlift 3P <> SPC CAs <> Vossen VFS-2 Satin Bronze <
    > Magnaflow CBE <
    > RS4 FBSW <> Piano Black Trim <> BFI Shift Knob <
    > NGP Rearguard <

  40. #2840
    Established Member Two Rings AbsolutelyMitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05 2017
    AZ Member #
    389916
    Location
    Waukesha, WI

    Quote Originally Posted by skifreak85353 View Post
    Have not seen that hitch installed. I have one of these and it doesn't look too bad https://torkliftcentral.com/2009-201...-ecohitch?p=12 just has the receiver showing.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Did you have to cut the rear metal valance under the car?
    Daily: B8.5 Allroad / Premuim Plus / Brilliant Black / Piano Black Trim / RS5 Interior / KW v2's / 20x9 Rotors
    Alt: 2016 Yamaha FZ-07 / Exhaust / Tune / Cosmetics
    Instagram: AbsolutelyMitch | ACNA Member

Page 71 of 72 FirstFirst ... 216169707172 LastLast


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2019 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.