Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1757656667
Results 2,641 to 2,679 of 2679
    Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by chip_ View Post
    It is - I have done a few things with my allroad and carista.

Needle sweep, foot well lights, coming home lights, daytime LED, ADS all enabled.
    Cool! Thanks for the response. PMd you about a few other questions

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Active Member Two Rings AbsolutelyMitch's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by JBallroad8.5 View Post
    Cool! Thanks for the response. PMd you about a few other questions

And I have done the same and more with OBDEleven, too. I believe they're roughly the same. However my only issue is the OBDEleven app is only on Android vs iOS so I have to use an old Amazon Fire Tablet for it to work. I do believe Carista has an iOS app though, if that matters to you.
    Daily: B8.5 Allroad / Premuim Plus / Brilliant Black / KW v2's / 20x9 Rotors | Alt: 2016 Yamaha FZ-07 | Instagram: AbsoultelyMitch

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutelyMitch View Post
    And I have done the same and more with OBDEleven, too. I believe they're roughly the same. However my only issue is the OBDEleven app is only on Android vs iOS so I have to use an old Amazon Fire Tablet for it to work. I do believe Carista has an iOS app though, if that matters to you.
    Thanks for the input! Im on the android bandwagon so no issues for me there

Veteran Member Four Rings 65vetteC6's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    V8's

B8.5 allroad Info & Resources Megathread

Did Audi release any Allroads (specifically in white) with black flares? I feel like I have seen a few similar to the photo below but am only aware of the 1RR and V7W colors codes for grey and black but the V7W looks more like a really dark grey then a black that I am looking for.

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    05 Subaru LGT (HTA71)

Gonna research this as well - but today I noticed my headlights were on (set to Auto) while driving around on this sunny day. Is there a sensor for this? Where is it? Has my roof box covered it?

I'll have to see if it continues to happen.
    > 2015 Glacier White allroad P+ <
    > Airlift 3P <> SPC CAs <> Vossen VFS-2 Satin Bronze <
    > Magnaflow CBE <
    > RS4 FBSW <> Piano Black Trim <> BFI Shift Knob <
    > NGP Rearguard <

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Allthea View Post
    Gonna research this as well - but today I noticed my headlights were on (set to Auto) while driving around on this sunny day. Is there a sensor for this? Where is it? Has my roof box covered it?

I'll have to see if it continues to happen.
    I'm interested to know the answer to this as well, as I thought it was somewhere in front of the dashboard. I've had thoughts of tinting my windshield (I understand this is illegal, probably) but not if the tint will hinder the operation of the auto headlight functionality.
    Daily: B8.5 Allroad / Premuim Plus / Brilliant Black / KW v2's / 20x9 Rotors | Alt: 2016 Yamaha FZ-07 | Instagram: AbsoultelyMitch

Forum Moderator Four Rings DirtD1ver's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2017 Allroad, 2015 Q7

I could be wrong, but i do believe the sensor is the in the gel pack with the rain sensor in the mirror housing. so Allthea, yes your roof box is probably causing the lights to come on. AbsolutelyMitch, tinting your windshield wont interfere with the sensor as the tint will have to go around the rear view mirror mount.
    Don - Forum Moderator, Audizine

Current: 2017 Allroad Prestige Manhattan Grey
    Previous:2013 Allroad Prestige Monsoon Grey

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutelyMitch View Post
    I'm interested to know the answer to this as well, as I thought it was somewhere in front of the dashboard. I've had thoughts of tinting my windshield (I understand this is illegal, probably) but not if the tint will hinder the operation of the auto headlight functionality.
    See if changing the sensitivity in the MMI helps.
    Image1538085013.900483.jpg

Jeff

Veteran Member Four Rings KFizz's Avatar
    AZ Member #

This happened to me as well. Roof box triggers the auto headlights. 100% confirmed.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Kyle
    2014 a4 Allroad /// Ibis, Unpainted Lowers (True AR)

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Ironic that this came up today as I just picked up my roof box from being vinyl wrapped (take 2) and noticed the headlights came on earlier than expected today. It was an overcast day, but it wasn't even 4pm yet and I was driving west towards the light.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Allroad Premium Plus (OEM+ Build Thread)
    Summer/Fun Car: 2005 Jetta GLI (OEM+ Build Thread)

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by DirtD1ver View Post
    I could be wrong, but i do believe the sensor is the in the gel pack with the rain sensor in the mirror housing. so Allthea, yes your roof box is probably causing the lights to come on. AbsolutelyMitch, tinting your windshield wont interfere with the sensor as the tint will have to go around the rear view mirror mount.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by JLAllroad View Post
    See if changing the sensitivity in the MMI helps.

Jeff
    I have also now changed this to late. Thanks!

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    05 Subaru LGT (HTA71)

This morning it was overcast and my lights turned on right away. I changed the setting to "Late" but they remained on. I did not try to turn the knob to "Off" then back to "Auto" or restart the car. I'll see if it has an effect.
    > Magnaflow CBE <
    > NGP Rearguard <

Veteran Member Four Rings Danaldson's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Winter is approaching quickly here in the north. Been doing some reading and it sounds like its not at all possible to fully disable the traction control? is this true? Is there a relay/fuse that i can pull if i want to have some fun in the snow?

09' TT VR6 Quattro Manual Ibis S-Line.
    15' Ibis Allroad
    Instagram: @SPWCDanny

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    05 Subaru LGT (HTA71)

I pushed the button to disable it and did not feel as though the car was interfering with my fun.

I tried with it still enabled and the car got in my way.

Seems like it disabled it. If it's doing anything, it didn't seem to impact my snownuts or New Hampshire drifts. Felt like driving my 2005 non-traction control Subaru (but much heavier in the back end and with all season tires... can't wait till these wear down and I can put on a true set of winters).
    > Magnaflow CBE <
    > NGP Rearguard <

AZ Member #

I am also under the assumption that you cannot fully disable the traction control, I remember a thread about trying to turn it off via VCDS and the old pull the fuse trick.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Audizine mobile app
    2013 Allroad Premium + | Ice Silver Metallic/Black | B&O | Carbon Atlas | S - Line Comp FBSW | APR Stage 1 E85 | Airlift 3P | SPC Adjustable Control Arms | CR-15 | Ti 20X10.5 BBS CH-R ET25| 255/35 MPSS | blah blah blah

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

It cannot be fully turned off.

Vehicles: 2013 Ibis White allroad & 2006 Campy White Touareg

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    05 Subaru LGT (HTA71)

What does it keep on when you turn it off? It didn't appear to be doing any wheel speed corrections. I could feel a significant difference between on and off.
    > Magnaflow CBE <
    > NGP Rearguard <

AZ Member #

What does it keep on when you turn it off? It didn't appear to be doing any wheel speed corrections. I could feel a significant difference between on and off.
    I believe pressing the button does disable traction control (wheel spin), but does not disable stability control (sliding sideways). I had no issues spinning the tires in snow but as soon as I tried to get the car sideways the brakes started pulsating like crazy trying to get me to go in the direction of the steering wheel. It was very unpredictable and honestly would have been safer it it was disabled entirely as I understood how the car would have reacted without it.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Allroad Premium Plus (OEM+ Build Thread)
    Summer/Fun Car: 2005 Jetta GLI (OEM+ Build Thread)

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    05 Subaru LGT (HTA71)

Mine did not do that. I was able to send it sideways without any interference...

I'll have to retest this winter.
    > Magnaflow CBE <
    > NGP Rearguard <

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    05 Subaru LGT (HTA71)

Anyone know off-hand if we have a heated section on our windshield to deice the wipers? My old Subaru had it. Little heat coils where the wipers rest, kind of like the rear defroster but thicker.

I am getting my windshield replaced tomorrow afternoon. Two weeks ago a rock (I think) hit the windshield toward the top edge on the passenger side and one arm of the spider immediately spread about 1.5ft. It's grown a bit more to about 2ft.

They asked if it had a rain sensor and I said yes. I asked if it was giving an option for wiper deicer and she said it wasn't listed but would not I wasn't sure.

Anyone had their windshield replaced before and know things to look out for?

Now to look...

Also going in for my first 10k service interval (the 25k service) tomorrow morning and to get my headlights realigned since lowering. I did it manually, to not blind people, but they need to be coded.
    > Magnaflow CBE <
    > NGP Rearguard <

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2003 GTI, 2015 Q5

Anyone know off-hand if we have a heated section on our windshield to deice the wipers? My old Subaru had it. Little heat coils where the wipers rest, kind of like the rear defroster but thicker.

I am getting my windshield replaced tomorrow afternoon. Two weeks ago a rock (I think) hit the windshield toward the top edge on the passenger side and one arm of the spider immediately spread about 1.5ft. It's grown a bit more to about 2ft.

They asked if it had a rain sensor and I said yes. I asked if it was giving an option for wiper deicer and she said it wasn't listed but would not I wasn't sure.

Anyone had their windshield replaced before and know things to look out for?

Now to look...

Also going in for my first 10k service interval (the 25k service) tomorrow morning and to get my headlights realigned since lowering. I did it manually, to not blind people, but they need to be coded.
    There was no option for a heated windshield on the B8 (or any 2016 and older Audi that I know of).

We got heated windshield washer jets which is hardly a comparison to that feature. Would be cool that's for sure.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Audizine mobile app
    Daily:2014 Allroad
    Fun car: 2003 VW GTI Build Thread
    IG:mnshortbus
    fptuned.com

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

What best setup for pvc catch can b8.5 allroad.

AZ Member #

Anyone know what the paint code is for the Allroad grill, the grey part? Or where to find it? I am toying with wrapping the vertical slats in that same color. Tia!

Established Member Two Rings ColoAllroadJeff's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    We've got a Jeep JK, Land Cruiser, VW Eos & '72 Winnebago!!

Quote Originally Posted by dropshadow View Post
    These? If so, I have a brand new set looking for a new home.

PM sent!

Thanks,

Jeff

Sent from my SM-N950U using Audizine mobile app

Established Member Three Rings G_Wagon's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Adams-Allroad View Post
    What best setup for pvc catch can b8.5 allroad.
    I have the ECS Kit, brand new in box for sale if u want one...

AZ Member #

Hey guys-
    I picked up a used set of H&R sport springs for our allroads (not the same as the avant, apparently)
    Looking to replace the shocks when I do this- figure I might as well at 40k, rather than blow them out and have to do it all over again-
    Should I just looking into using OE sport suspension avant shocks? Figure they will be within the range (more so than the OE allroad shocks?)
    Thanks!!

'16 allroad Prem+, B&O, side assist
    '14 SQ5, APR Stage 2+ultracharger, APR intake
    '91 Porsche 911

Veteran Member Four Rings Gusman1's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 Audi S4, 2014 Audi Allroad, 2011 Mustang GT Sold: 2004 VW Jetta GLI, 2015 VW GTI

Quote Originally Posted by dubjager View Post
    Hey guys-
    I picked up a used set of H&R sport springs for our allroads (not the same as the avant, apparently)
    Looking to replace the shocks when I do this- figure I might as well at 40k, rather than blow them out and have to do it all over again-
    Should I just looking into using OE sport suspension avant shocks? Figure they will be within the range (more so than the OE allroad shocks?)
    Thanks!!
    Why not just get some koni or bilstein shocks??
    FOR SALE : AD Link 2015 Audi S4: Ibis White, Black/Chestnut Brown

AZ Member #

Im actually looking at bilsteins- but these are oe spec for the sline avants.
    Worried that bilsteins (non oe sline) or konis would not be optimal that high?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 Audi S4, 2014 Audi Allroad, 2011 Mustang GT Sold: 2004 VW Jetta GLI, 2015 VW GTI

Quote Originally Posted by dubjager View Post
    Im actually looking at bilsteins- but these are oe spec for the sline avants.
    Worried that bilsteins (non oe sline) or konis would not be optimal that high?
    Those shocks are designed for lowered cars so you should be fine.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    05 Subaru LGT (HTA71)

I picked up on this in another thread, but apparently our ZF8 transmissions can be tuned! In the thread I'm linking, I was told to message Melen about it. I'm not ready to tune anything (CPO) but I'm happy to know there's a transmission tune available as well as ECU!

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...9-ZF8-TCU-Tune
    > Magnaflow CBE <
    > NGP Rearguard <

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I picked up on this in another thread, but apparently our ZF8 transmissions can be tuned! In the thread I'm linking, I was told to message Melen about it. I'm not ready to tune anything (CPO) but I'm happy to know there's a transmission tune available as well as ECU!

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...9-ZF8-TCU-Tune
    I pasted that in this thread at some point in it's lifetime. No one was willing to take a dive and be the test mule. Are you going to give it a shot?
    2014 B8.5 allroad | Premium Plus | Dakota Grey | 8-speed Tiptronic | Sport Package | B&O | Blog: https://myblueunicorn.com/

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

To those discussing the snow/traction control topic, I'm pretty sure that we cannot completely disable it. We can disable parts of it. I recently enables ADS and also added the "allroad" offroad option which I'm curious may change the way the vehicle behaves in the snow.

I can confirm that the "efficiency" setting works by holding onto the 8th gear more than the normal profiles.
    2014 B8.5 allroad | Premium Plus | Dakota Grey | 8-speed Tiptronic | Sport Package | B&O | Blog: https://myblueunicorn.com/

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    05 Subaru LGT (HTA71)

Quote Originally Posted by Rez4 View Post
    I pasted that in this thread at some point in it's lifetime. No one was willing to take a dive and be the test mule. Are you going to give it a shot?
    Do you mean a test mule for the allroads? Looks like a few people have had theirs done in that thread, but I didn't look to see if there were any allroads.

I'm not doing mine yet. Keeping it in the back pocket for when I'm either done caring about CPO or it's over haha... Also the fact that it's at least $500 is making it easier to resist. I feel my transmission is pretty snappy already though i haven't tuned the ECU so no idea if that changes the feel due to more power.
    > Magnaflow CBE <
    > NGP Rearguard <

Veteran Member Three Rings bluefox280's Avatar
    AZ Member #

What is the proper way in removing the entire aluminum lower hatch trim where the catch latch is on the B8.5 Allroad?

- Erik
    PatternDraftImaging.com - "...Where Engineering Discipline and Photography Merge as One..."

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    05 Subaru LGT (HTA71)

Quote Originally Posted by bluefox280 View Post
    What is the proper way in removing the entire aluminum lower hatch trim where the catch latch is on the B8.5 Allroad?

- Erik
    It looks like if you pull up the spare tire cover, there are 4 bolts securing it to the back end. It looks like you then want to pry up, in two locations above the bolts, to unclip it.
    > Magnaflow CBE <
    > NGP Rearguard <

AZ Member #

Do you mean a test mule for the allroads? Looks like a few people have had theirs done in that thread, but I didn't look to see if there were any allroads.

I'm not doing mine yet. Keeping it in the back pocket for when I'm either done caring about CPO or it's over haha... Also the fact that it's at least $500 is making it easier to resist. I feel my transmission is pretty snappy already though i haven't tuned the ECU so no idea if that changes the feel due to more power.
    I have an allroad and had my TCU tuned with HPTuner

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by muffinman92 View Post
    What's the verdict?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    05 Subaru LGT (HTA71)

Quote Originally Posted by muffinman92 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gusman1 View Post
    What's the verdict?
    Yes. Inquiring minds would like to know!
    > Magnaflow CBE <
    > NGP Rearguard <

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    05 Subaru LGT (HTA71)

For anyone who wants to drool over an RS4 Avant... https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...rmal-TX-plates

(only pic in the thread)

> Magnaflow CBE <
    > NGP Rearguard <

Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1757656667