Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 62 of 66 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,480 of 2612
    Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by NJA-TRTL View Post
    Does this kit come with 3.5” or 4” exhaust tips?

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    Yes “finished with Dual 4" Bezel Edged Double Wall Stainless Tips”

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Allthea View Post
    I haven't stomped on it from a stop in a long time and I'm up for oil change, etc., soon so I'm not about to until after that on fresh lube.

I'll give it a go, eventually, and let you know what happens to me.
    Sounds good. Thanks for trying to reproduce.
    2014 B8.5 allroad | Premium Plus | Dakota Grey | 8-speed Tiptronic | Sport Package | B&O | Blog: https://myblueunicorn.com/

Veteran Member Four Rings KFizz's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Finally got around to finishing the Allroad grille. Stock grille, but with the chrome bits either vinyl wrapped black or plasti dipped. All the gray portion of the grille still remains. This was the look I was going for and I'm happy with the result. Sort of a black optics look. I don't particularly like the look of the whole thing painted black. Feels a little heavy. The car is a totally dirty, bit hopefully you get the idea.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Kyle
    2014 a4 Allroad /// Ibis, Unpainted Lowers (True AR)

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    05 Subaru LGT (HTA71)

Looks good!
    > 2015 Glacier White Metallic allroad P+ <> Airlift 3P <> 034 CAs <> Vossen VFS-2 Satin Bronze <> Magnaflow CBE <
    > RS4 FBSW <> Piano Black Trim <> BFI Shift Knob <> NGP Rearguard <

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by KFizz View Post
    Finally got around to finishing the Allroad grille. Stock grille, but with the chrome bits either vinyl wrapped black or plasti dipped. All the gray portion of the grille still remains. This was the look I was going for and I'm happy with the result. Sort of a black optics look. I don't particularly like the look of the whole thing painted black. Feels a little heavy. The car is a totally dirty, bit hopefully you get the idea.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Nice look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

High mileage owners, what common maintenance items do you start worrying about?

And common engine issues?

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Check out AllroadCorbin's build thread, he is a high mile AR. Link on page 1 I believe.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Audizine mobile app
    2013 Allroad Premium + | Ice Silver Metallic/Black | B&O | Side Assist | Carbon Atlas | s - line FBSW | APR Stage 1 E85 | Airlift 3P | SPC Adjustable Control Arms | CR-15 | Ti 20X10.5 BBS CHR ET25| 255/35 MPSS | blah blah blah

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Does anyone here live in hot climates and wish that you could just by the press of a button crack 4 windows and top vent to the perfect setting for assisted ventilation while parked? Having to manually crack all four windows when parking is quite the pain in the butt but it's very helpful in removing heat from the cabin.
    2014 B8.5 allroad | Premium Plus | Dakota Grey | 8-speed Tiptronic | Sport Package | B&O | Blog: https://myblueunicorn.com/

Veteran Member Four Rings dropshadow's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Rez4 View Post
    Does anyone here live in hot climates and wish that you could just by the press of a button crack 4 windows and top vent to the perfect setting for assisted ventilation while parked? Having to manually crack all four windows when parking is quite the pain in the butt but it's very helpful in removing heat from the cabin.
    You can literally do exactly this from the key fob if you have enabled it via VCDS or Carista. You can roll down all four windows and crack (or slide) the sunroof to vent.

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by dropshadow View Post
    You can literally do exactly this from the key fob if you have enabled it via VCDS or Carista. You can roll down all four windows and crack (or slide) the sunroof to vent.
    Please do tell me more! Do you have a link to a resource that explains how this works and how to enable? My understanding has always been that we can enable remote closing of windows when locking, but I wasn't aware that "crack window" was a possibility yet.

When you say "roll down all four", do you mean roll down all the way? Or do they just crack open so hands don't fit through the opening?

Any additional information would be greatly appreciated.

AZ Member #

Please do tell me more! Do you have a link to a resource that explains how this works and how to enable? My understanding has always been that we can enable remote closing of windows when locking, but I wasn't aware that "crack window" was a possibility yet.

When you say "roll down all four", do you mean roll down all the way? Or do they just crack open so hands don't fit through the opening?

Read here for Carista - https://blog.caristaapp.com/how-to-o...5-821013bb54eb

See video here as well - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz43HwQJfms

I have not tried this out yet....

Veteran Member Four Rings dropshadow's Avatar
    AZ Member #

From the B8/B8.5 VCDS & Hidden Menu thread:

Enable Remote Operation Windows and Sunroof
    [46 - Cent. Conv.] [Coding - 07] -> [Long Coding Helper] Byte 2
    Bit 2 - Set to 1
    You hold down the key fob unlock button to open the windows as much as you want. How long you hold the button determines how far down they go. To roll them back up, you hold down the lock button.

Active Member Two Rings AbsolutelyMitch's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by dropshadow View Post
    Another option is OBDeleven - which I've used. Although, they do not have an iPhone app. https://obdeleven.com/en/
    Daily: B8.5 Allroad / Premuim Plus / Brilliant Black / KW v2's / 20x9 Rotors | Alt: 2016 Yamaha FZ-07 | Instagram: AbsoultelyMitch

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

This is great information guys, and although not exactly what I had wished for, it does get us halfway there.

My hope was that we could have a setting enabled that once you lock the car, all windows roll to the preset position of "cracked" without the need to hold unlock for the exact amount of time which lowers to the right "cracked" position.

But hey, beggars can't be choosers, I'll enable this and see if it works out for me.

Thank you for the assist and links to resources. Really appreciate it!

AZ Member #

If that was a feature i had, my car would be drenched in water lol.

We just had a pop up rain storm in the middle of a sunny day.

I like being able to control the windows and sunroof from the remote, I would usually open up the car before getting in on a hot summer day. Helps a ton.

Established Member Two Rings Taylor-S's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Does anyone know a reason I shouldn't cut out the upper portion of the grille that is blocked out? I have posted a picture for reference. I can't figure out why it would be there in the first place, it is right in front of the intake scoop.20180621_083011.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Audizine mobile app
    Build Thread Instagram: @ts_13allroad
    B8.5 allroad | APR Stage 2 (e-85) | APR Downpipe | AWE FMIC | Macan/Q5 345mm Brembo Front Brakes | Plasti-Dip'ed stuff

AZ Member #

This is great information guys, and although not exactly what I had wished for, it does get us halfway there.

My hope was that we could have a setting enabled that once you lock the car, all windows roll to the preset position of "cracked" without the need to hold unlock for the exact amount of time which lowers to the right "cracked" position.

But hey, beggars can't be choosers, I'll enable this and see if it works out for me.

Thank you for the assist and links to resources. Really appreciate it!
    I enabled mine last night all items worked but the sunroof did not open at all(I will have to check all my settings). Neat little feature that's for sure.

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by chip_ View Post
    I enabled mine last night all items worked but the sunroof did not open at all(I will have to check all my settings). Neat little feature that's for sure.
    Did you enable the sunroof option in the new MMI settings? From the video it looks like there are three settings:

1- front windows
    2- rear windows
    3- sunroof

All have an OFF and ON toggle.

AZ Member #

Did you enable the sunroof option in the new MMI settings? From the video it looks like there are three settings:

1- front windows
    2- rear windows
    3- sunroof

All have an OFF and ON toggle.
    Yes all 3 are toggled on. But only tested it for a brief moment yesterday.

Veteran Member Three Rings bluefox280's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor-S View Post
    Does anyone know a reason I shouldn't cut out the upper portion of the grille that is blocked out?
    Two words - snow screen.
    * https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...-of-air-intake

- Erik
    PatternDraftImaging.com - "...Where Engineering Discipline and Photography Merge as One..."

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Quote Originally Posted by bluefox280 View Post
    Thanks for the info, Erik!
    I would not be removing the snow screen itself on the intake scoop, but rather the solid portion of the grille. Are you saying the grille portion is also a snow screen?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    B8.5 allroad | APR Stage 2 (e-85) | APR Downpipe | AWE FMIC | Macan/Q5 345mm Brembo Front Brakes | Plasti-Dip'ed stuff

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by f_399 View Post

I’m at 126k miles. I’ve been all routine maintenance plus consistent use of BG44k fuel system cleaner and BGMOA at oil changes. My allroad is running like a champ. It’s been an amazingly good-reliable car. Love it!

Vehicles: 2013 Ibis White allroad & 2006 Campy White Touareg

AZ Member #

B8.5 allroad Info &amp; Resources Megathread

I just use the pop up setting on the panoroof.

Established Member Three Rings G_Wagon's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor-S View Post
    Does anyone know a reason I shouldn't cut out the upper portion of the grille that is blocked out? I have posted a picture for reference. I can't figure out why it would be there in the first place, it is right in front of the intake scoop.20180621_083011.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Audizine mobile app
    ECS makes a ram intake that scoops air up into the intake...
    https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-part...AaAj4qEALw_wcB

Established Member Two Rings Comfy Pursuit's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi SQ5

Quote Originally Posted by G_Wagon View Post
    ECS makes a ram intake that scoops air up into the intake...
    https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-part...AaAj4qEALw_wcB
    Upon fitment research via ECS, it doesn’t appear there are any they sell that will directly fit to our model.

Taylor, I did a brief inspection and believe there are brackets holding the grill in place to the front end where you’d like to cut out/drill slots.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by treginginco View Post
    I’m at 126k miles. I’ve been all routine maintenance plus consistent use of BG44k fuel system cleaner and BGMOA at oil changes. My allroad is running like a champ. It’s been an amazingly good-reliable car. Love it!

That's good to hear! No major maintenance besides what you mentioned above?

Do you use E85?

Any word on carbon buildup? Wondering if using E85 makes that better or worse?

AZ Member #

B8.5 allroad Info &amp; Resources Megathread

That's good to hear! No major maintenance besides what you mentioned above?

Do you use E85?

Any word on carbon buildup? Wondering if using E85 makes that better or worse?
    I don’t have an E85 capable car.... so no.

As for carbon buildup..... I have not had any issues. I do two things to help reduce it. BG44K fuel system cleaner and a strong believer in the “Italian Tuneup”.

Last edited by treginginco; 07-16-2018 at 01:54 PM.

Established Member Three Rings G_Wagon's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Comfy Pursuit View Post
    Upon fitment research via ECS, it doesn’t appear there are any they sell that will directly fit to our model.

Taylor, I did a brief inspection and believe there are brackets holding the grill in place to the front end where you’d like to cut out/drill slots.
    It fits perfect on my b8.5 allroad and took about 10min to install.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Quote Originally Posted by G_Wagon View Post
    It fits perfect on my b8.5 allroad and took about 10min to install.
    Would you be able to post a picture of the scoop installed? I have the AWE intercooler and think it may not fit based on the images from ECS (It might drop down too far).

Veteran Member Four Rings Gusman1's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 Audi S4, 2014 Audi Allroad, 2011 Mustang GT Sold: 2004 VW Jetta GLI, 2015 VW GTI

I don’t have an E85 capable car.... so no.

As for carbon buildup..... I have not had any issues. I do two things to help reduce it. BG44K fuel system cleaner and a strong believer in the “Italian Tuneup”.

How often do you use the BG 44k?
    2015 Audi S4: Ibis White, Black/Chestnut Brown
    IG: gusman_s4

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Gusman1 View Post
    How often do you use the BG 44k?
    Every 10k miles

AZ Member #

Every 10k miles

I run E85 99% of the time, can I use this?

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Three Rings MagnaFlow's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by JLAllroad View Post
    Picked up the Magnaflow from the FedEx depot last night...note when ordering, it s a signature required item...never expected it to ship so quickly...yet I couldn’t wait. Relatively easy to get the old out so I took a break to install my ECS drivetrain inserts, since everything was going so well I decided this would be the best time to install my 034 RSB. Access to the end links is less than ideal and looking for a good diy proved challenging (start flaming). On the passenger side I was able to use a combination of a deep socket, an extension, the closed side of a box end wrench(to hold the other side) with the ratchet handle in-between the subframe an lower control arm. Same process on the drivers side but the lower end link bolt and sway brackets need to be loose to allow the socket to align.
    Back to the exhaust..mid and Y pipe are a breeze. Have to angle the the mufflers aiming the rear pipes towards the Y, while clearing the metal diffuser, this thing is out to scratch your new exhaust. Hardest part is getting the hangers on..lots of non petroleum lube and getting the tips where you want them, remember they will grow and poke...I may still need to tweak a little. Cold start and idle are low and mellow definitely sounds like a different car...I will follow this up once I get some seat time and my HFC installed.Attachment 74067Attachment 74068Attachment 74069Attachment 74070Attachment 74071Attachment 74072Attachment 74073

We'd love to hear what you think about it! Thanks again for choosing Magnaflow for your AR.

Veteran Member Four Rings oatzel's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I'm not really high mileage (40K), but my car has been at the dealer for almost two weeks. It actually suffered from vapor lock and shut down on me coming back on a road trip. Thank god it happened as we were approaching our exit so I could roll off the freeway. There's actually a TSB out on the issue, and it's not an allroad specific problem. Dealer said I was the third car that had been brought in because of the issue. The repair kit part was on national backorder which is apparently why it took so long for the repair. Fingers crossed I get it back tomorrow. B9 A4 loaner isn't terrible, but I miss my car.
    Current: '14 allroad, Premium +, Sport, Black on Black, H&R c/o, Magnaflow exhaust, Hotchkis swaybars, Neuspeed Gunmetal RSe102, CR-15

Old: '12 4dr GTI Autobahn, Black on Black
    07 s4 avant, ibis, stasis exhaust, vogtland c/o, h-sport rs4 sways, vmr gunmetal v710s, 50/35% tint
    09 A4 2.0t
    03 a4 3.0qms
    00 1.8TQ

Veteran Member Four Rings Turbavanttro's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by oatzel View Post
    I'm not really high mileage (40K), but my car has been at the dealer for almost two weeks. It actually suffered from vapor lock and shut down on me coming back on a road trip. Thank god it happened as we were approaching our exit so I could roll off the freeway. There's actually a TSB out on the issue, and it's not an allroad specific problem. Dealer said I was the third car that had been brought in because of the issue. The repair kit part was on national backorder which is apparently why it took so long for the repair. Fingers crossed I get it back tomorrow. B9 A4 loaner isn't terrible, but I miss my car.
    I had the same issue, car shut down on a super hot day and left me hanging. Symptoms were EPC light came on, rough idle, then stalled. Restarted but ran rough and stalled again right away. Towed to the dealer. Next day the dealer told me it was vapor lock and that there was a TSB that indicated vapor lock could occur when the car was at less than a 1/4 tank of gas and outside temps were really hot. I was a bit skeptical but after reading your post I'll have to contact my dealer and ask what this repair kit is. Thanks for posting this!
    2004 B6 Avant l Moro Blue Pearl l Sportec l EFR TS-7064 l United Motorsport Tuned l 460 awhp, 93 octane
    2014 P+ Allroad l Glacier White l Airlift 3H l BBS l Eurocode l OEM+ Goodness l CTS l IE l K04 l United Motorsport Tuned l
    Instagram: bluewings460
    So many Audis, so little time....

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Turbavanttro View Post
    I had the same issue, car shut down on a super hot day and left me hanging. Symptoms were EPC light came on, rough idle, then stalled. Restarted but ran rough and stalled again right away. Towed to the dealer. Next day the dealer told me it was vapor lock and that there was a TSB that indicated vapor lock could occur when the car was at less than a 1/4 tank of gas and outside temps were really hot. I was a bit skeptical but after reading your post I'll have to contact my dealer and ask what this repair kit is. Thanks for posting this!
    It’s an expensive part. Like $695. Repair is running about $1800 since I’m TD1.

It was about 107 and I’d been driving for about 4 hours when it happened. Below 1/4 tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current: '14 allroad, Premium +, Sport, Black on Black, H&R c/o, Magnaflow exhaust, Hotchkis swaybars, Neuspeed Gunmetal RSe102, CR-15

07 s4 avant, ibis, stasis exhaust, vogtland c/o, h-sport rs4 sways, vmr gunmetal v710s, 50/35% tint
    09 A4 2.0t
    03 a4 3.0qms
    00 1.8TQ

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    05 Subaru LGT (HTA71)

That doesn't seem like it should fall under TD1...
    > 2015 Glacier White Metallic allroad P+ <> Airlift 3P <> 034 CAs <> Vossen VFS-2 Satin Bronze <> Magnaflow CBE <
    > RS4 FBSW <> Piano Black Trim <> BFI Shift Knob <> NGP Rearguard <

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Allthea View Post
    That doesn't seem like it should fall under TD1...
    I agree. Seems like if there is a TSB out on it, it should be covered. I'm still talking with the dealer on the actual cost.

09 A4 2.0t
    03 a4 3.0qms
    00 1.8TQ

Veteran Member Four Rings Gusman1's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 Audi S4, 2014 Audi Allroad, 2011 Mustang GT Sold: 2004 VW Jetta GLI, 2015 VW GTI

I run E85 99% of the time, can I use this?
    I emailed the manufacturer of the product and they said yes it was safe for our vehicles. So might give it a try and see if I notice any difference.
    2015 Audi S4: Ibis White, Black/Chestnut Brown
    IG: gusman_s4

AZ Member #

What exactly is vapor lock and did the mechanism that prevents it failed?

Page 62 of 66 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast