Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1656646566
Results 2,601 to 2,611 of 2611
    Established Member Two Rings alhutch's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by JettaGetUpandGo View Post
    Based on recent interactions with Audi regarding the MMI modem upgrade this isn't surprising at all. It's unbelievable that they can put this tech in a car that someone might own for 10 years, market the crap out of it, and only support it for 2.
    Agreed. I wish they (Audi and all other car makers) would design their nav/infotainment in a more modular way so that changes like this Google Earth nonsense could be worked with. These systems aren't cheap new and shouldn't be thought of as disposable.

Or just provide a giant, dumb screen for CarPlay / Android Auto.
    2013 Allroad - Volcano Red

Veteran Member Four Rings dropshadow's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by alhutch View Post
    Agreed. I wish they (Audi and all other car makers) would design their nav/infotainment in a more modular way so that changes like this Google Earth nonsense could be worked with. These systems aren't cheap new and shouldn't be thought of as disposable.
    Supporting older vehicles doesn't sell new ones. They'd rather give people more reasons to upgrade their cars than keep their old ones.

This x1000. I would love to see this be a trend in the future but I highly doubt it for the same reason above.

Established Member Two Rings alhutch's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by dropshadow View Post
    Supporting older vehicles doesn't sell new ones. They'd rather give people more reasons to upgrade their cars than keep their old ones.
    Perhaps not, but manufacturers need to realize that happy current customers are their best prospects to become future customers. Simple fact is people hold onto their cars longer now than ever before and supporting them during that time can only help that future retention rate.
    2013 Allroad - Volcano Red

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    05 Subaru LGT (HTA71)

It's the paradigm shift in consumerism. Companies used to make and promote products that would last forever so lots of people would just buy their brand. Now companies promote the flashy newest product with the idea that everything is temporary. This is why most things are half baked and riddled with issues that they don't care to address (no maintenance) because they'll just release a new one in a year and people will blindly purchase.

On a lighter note, audizine is running their calendar photo contest. Let's get some allroads in there!

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...Contest-ON-NOW
    > 2015 Glacier White Metallic allroad P+ <> Airlift 3P <> 034 CAs <> Vossen VFS-2 Satin Bronze <> Magnaflow CBE <
    > RS4 FBSW <> Piano Black Trim <> BFI Shift Knob <> NGP Rearguard <

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

This sounds great in theory, but it wouldn't surprise me if there's a CarPlay/Audroid Auto 2 in a few years and as newer devices are released they aren't backwards with older Carplay/Android Auto interfaces.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Allroad Premium Plus (OEM+ Build Thread)
    Summer/Fun Car: 2005 Jetta GLI (OEM+ Build Thread)

Established Member Two Rings Digitaldub's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Anyone looking to part ways with set of Allroad 19 x 8" Sport package wheels?

Active Member One Ring cmess331's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Digitaldub View Post
    Which style is that(picture wise)?

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Digitaldub View Post
    These? If so, I have a brand new set looking for a new home.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    05 Subaru LGT (HTA71)

Anyone near Toronto or within a reasonable drive? Complete black headliner...

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...lack-Headliner

edit: just realized the allroad headliner will be different due to big sunroof. rest of the bits are there, though.
    > 2015 Glacier White Metallic allroad P+ <> Airlift 3P <> 034 CAs <> Vossen VFS-2 Satin Bronze <> Magnaflow CBE <

AZ Member #

B8.5 allroad Info &amp; Resources Megathread

Quote Originally Posted by Allthea View Post
    Anyone near Toronto or within a reasonable drive? Complete black headliner...

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...lack-Headliner

edit: just realized the allroad headliner will be different due to big sunroof. rest of the bits are there, though.
    Only the stuff from the B-pillar forward is useful to a wagon owner. C & D pillars are different, even the sunroof dial is different due to the wagons' pano sunshade. So this would get someone A & B pillars, sunvisors & clips, rearview mirror, grab handles and a start on the overhead console. For $400, it's a good deal on all that stuff, but finding the rest isn't easy.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    05 Subaru LGT (HTA71)

^Figured you'd be the one to know the complete story!

Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1656646566