Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2060686970
Results 2,761 to 2,790 of 2790
    Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by weverb View Post
    Thanks for posting this guide and keeping the Megathread going.

There is a link in the "Bulb Guide" on the very first post for this thread. Also deAutokey also sells LED's that don't need coding or cause codes.
    I have had LEDs fro deAutokey in both of my recent cars with no issues/codes. I highly recommend them.

Veteran Member Four Rings dropshadow's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by R Evolution1 View Post
    Which bulbs, if you don't mind me asking.
    Quote Originally Posted by chip_ View Post
    I have had LEDs fro deAutokey in both of my recent cars with no issues/codes. I highly recommend them.
    I bought them off ebay and the link is dead, so I don't have a recommendation anymore. I believe I may have linked to them on one of the earliest pages of this thread. deAutokey is probably a good place to start.

Established Member Two Rings R Evolution1's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '04 A4 Avant 3.0***'04 A6 2.7T***'00 A4 2.8

I buy all my bulbs from The Retrofit Source - I've had good experiences with their warranty/customer service.

Has anyone managed to get an LED bulb to work with the corning lights (H7) bulbs? Looks like deAutokey might have something but it's listed for a GTI - any guinea pigs?

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Also, if you run LED bulbs and do not want to install load resisters you must re-code the central convenience module using Vag-Com to get rid of the Bulb Out Warning in the DIS. Polarity matters for LED bulbs as well. If you all need the coding I can post it here later.
    Yeah, I replaced the fogs with LED's and get that "bulb out" issue... so any direction of coding help would be great.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Yvan View Post
    Yeah, I replaced the fogs with LED's and get that "bulb out" issue... so any direction of coding help would be great.
    I was referring strictly to the reverse light bulbs, I can check if the LED for fogs can be coded.

In other news, be ready to retune your allroad if you take it in for the final step of the aux-coolant pump recall (where they install a new pump). They also re-code the vehicle, ECU box number changed from
    0008 to 0007

AZ Member #

Anyone else have a 02235 error code pop up for faulty adaptive headlights? Iím thinking itís just a bulb out for the cornering light, but the error code in the center display that doesnít stop is really annoying.

In addition, ever Since I got the coolant pump recall done (which after specifically asking that they had the parts and were going to replace the pump not just disconnect...of course they just disconnected the pump and said theyíd replace the pump in the spring) I have a error code 18062. Luckily this doesnít throw a code on the dash but is it because of the recall or something else? All my cluster gauges work as they should as some say it could be because of a faulty coolant sensor.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Hayesman View Post
    Anyone else have a 02235 error code pop up for faulty adaptive headlights? Iím thinking itís just a bulb out for the cornering light, but the error code in the center display that doesnít stop is really annoying.

In addition, ever Since I got the coolant pump recall done (which after specifically asking that they had the parts and were going to replace the pump not just disconnect...of course they just disconnected the pump and said theyíd replace the pump in the spring) I have a error code 18062. Luckily this doesnít throw a code on the dash but is it because of the recall or something else? All my cluster gauges work as they should as some say it could be because of a faulty coolant sensor.

I had my auxillary heater replaced yesterday along with the disconnect of the after run coolant pump. Still no replacement pump available. The technician must have also made ecm software changes. I am not seeing a CEL due to the disconnect of the coolant pump.
    David

2003 Allroad 2.7T
    2015 Allroad 2.0 TFSI
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    1970 Porsche 911E
    1979 BMW 320i

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by DavidAR View Post
    I had my auxillary heater replaced yesterday along with the disconnect of the after run coolant pump. Still no replacement pump available. The technician must have also made ecm software changes. I am not seeing a CEL due to the disconnect of the coolant pump.
    Guess I should clarify. I donít have a CEL but a stored code. The code points to an instrument cluster reading error but everything seems in order. Makes me think itís a stare stored code because of the recall. The new software makes the code not display a CEL

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Does anyone here have any interest in a trade? I want to run OEM cross bars on my B8 allroad and have the more expensive and more fancy Whispbars from Yakima. Please PM me if you're interested in a trade!
    2014 B8.5 allroad | Premium Plus | Dakota Grey | 8-speed Tiptronic | Sport Package | B&O | Blog: https://myblueunicorn.com/

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hayesman View Post
    Guess I should clarify. I donít have a CEL but a stored code. The code points to an instrument cluster reading error but everything seems in order. Makes me think itís a stare stored code because of the recall. The new software makes the code not display a CEL

A stored code is normal for the disconnected aux pump, page 16 of the official recall filed with the NHTSA (You can read that here!) says fault P261A will be stored in ECM. The software update simply prevents the CEL from turning on.

So to answer your original question, error code 18062 is not related to the recall at all.

I've forgotten what the error code # is but if you've got the "Audi Adaptive Headlight: Defective" show up on your dash but the lights still do the startup dance (up/down/left/right) then you simply have to change out the H7 static corning bulbs. If one is out the other one will probably go soon too (they sell these in pairs anyway). However you will still need to clear the code with Vag-Com after replacing the bulbs otherwise it will continue to display even after new bulbs are put in.

AZ Member #

A stored code is normal for the disconnected aux pump, page 16 of the official recall filed with the NHTSA (You can read that here!) says fault P261A will be stored in ECM. The software update simply prevents the CEL from turning on.

So to answer your original question, error code 18062 is not related to the recall at all.

I've forgotten what the error code # is but if you've got the "Audi Adaptive Headlight: Defective" show up on your dash but the lights still do the startup dance (up/down/left/right) then you simply have to change out the H7 static corning bulbs. If one is out the other one will probably go soon too (they sell these in pairs anyway). However you will still need to clear the code with Vag-Com after replacing the bulbs otherwise it will continue to display even after new bulbs are put in.
    Thanks for the info.

Youíre right about the H7 bulbs needing replacing. Swapped out the bulbs, and all is good. HOWEVER, you need to clear the fault before the system will attempt to work. After swapping the bulbs, I still had the error and the corner lights didnít work. Cleared the code and everything worked.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    05 Subaru LGT (HTA71)

I might be zeroing in on some S5 peelers (19x9 et33) for winter. Trying to figure out tires. I've been a Blizzak WS-## user for the last 8 years but it doesn't look like tirerack has any of those in the sizes I'm looking at. I'm considering a 245/40 tire or a 255/40 tire. Given I have so much arch space I'm less constrained on tire size (my Subaru was basically pinned to a couple sizes) so those choices I made were a somewhat pulled out of the depths. If anyone can suggest a better tire size please let me know.

In the 245/40 category i was looking at the Michelin X-ICE XI3 (studless snow $240/per) or the Michelin Pilot Alpin 5 (performance winter / snow $260/per).
    In the 255/40 category I'm much more limited and out of the selection the Blizzak LM-32 ($282/per) catches my eye but I've never used a LM series Blizzak just the WS.

The Michelins have a $100 rebate, also, bringing the per-tire price down $25 (which just reminded me I'm not sure I cashed in my rebate from my summer tires...)

I just took a look at 245/45 and they're cheaper (X-ICE $226, blizzak $264). The 255/45 selection is almost nothing, Mich Pilot Alpin PA4 N-SPEC for $276, but again both have $100 rebate.

Seems like the 245/45 X-ICE are the best on price coming in at $800 for the set. Just trying to figure out sizing...
    > 2015 Glacier White allroad P+ <
    > Airlift 3P <> SPC CAs <> Vossen VFS-2 Satin Bronze <
    > Magnaflow CBE <
    > RS4 FBSW <> Piano Black Trim <> BFI Shift Knob <
    > NGP Rearguard <

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Allthea View Post
    I might be zeroing in on some S5 peelers (19x9 et33) for winter. Trying to figure out tires. I've been a Blizzak WS-## user for the last 8 years but it doesn't look like tirerack has any of those in the sizes I'm looking at. I'm considering a 245/40 tire or a 255/40 tire. Given I have so much arch space I'm less constrained on tire size (my Subaru was basically pinned to a couple sizes) so those choices I made were a somewhat pulled out of the depths. If anyone can suggest a better tire size please let me know.

In the 245/40 category i was looking at the Michelin X-ICE XI3 (studless snow $240/per) or the Michelin Pilot Alpin 5 (performance winter / snow $260/per).
    In the 255/40 category I'm much more limited and out of the selection the Blizzak LM-32 ($282/per) catches my eye but I've never used a LM series Blizzak just the WS.

The Michelins have a $100 rebate, also, bringing the per-tire price down $25 (which just reminded me I'm not sure I cashed in my rebate from my summer tires...)

I just took a look at 245/45 and they're cheaper (X-ICE $226, blizzak $264). The 255/45 selection is almost nothing, Mich Pilot Alpin PA4 N-SPEC for $276, but again both have $100 rebate.

Seems like the 245/45 X-ICE are the best on price coming in at $800 for the set. Just trying to figure out sizing...
    While I cannot help you, per say, just a friendly reminder to make it happen! Winter mode finally engaged. 255/35 Nokian Hakka R3s on RS5 rotors. If you still need a place to switch over my offer still stands!
    IMG_3894.JPGIMG_3893.JPG

Sent from my iPad using Audizine
    2013 Allroad Premium + | Ice Silver Metallic/Black | B&O | Carbon Atlas | S - Line Comp FBSW | APR Stage 1 E85 | Airlift 3P | SPC Adjustable Control Arms | CR-15 | Ti 20X10.5 BBS CH-R ET25| 255/35 MPSS | blah blah blah

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    05 Subaru LGT (HTA71)

Quote Originally Posted by makisupa View Post
    While I cannot help you, per say, just a friendly reminder to make it happen! Winter mode finally engaged. 255/35 Nokian Hakka R3s on RS5 rotors. If you still need a place to switch over my offer still stands!
    oooo that rotor goodness! I'm worried I'm going to regret 19s but I think I'm going to be OK with it. I have a friend with 19s and they look great with a beefier tire.

I might need to take you up on that offer twice if I can't get this peeler deal moving soon! Once for OEMs and then again the new ones haha... or maybe just the once for OEMs and I'll figure out the second swap. Need to get off these hockey pucks ASAP before I ruin them!
    > Magnaflow CBE <
    > NGP Rearguard <

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

B8.5 allroad Info &amp; Resources Megathread

Quote Originally Posted by Allthea View Post
    oooo that rotor goodness! I'm worried I'm going to regret 19s but I think I'm going to be OK with it. I have a friend with 19s and they look great with a beefier tire.

I might need to take you up on that offer twice if I can't get this peeler deal moving soon! Once for OEMs and then again the new ones haha... or maybe just the once for OEMs and I'll figure out the second swap. Need to get off these hockey pucks ASAP before I ruin them!
    No worries my man, hit me up! Once, twice, itís all good!

Sent from my iPad using Audizine
    2013 Allroad Premium + | Ice Silver Metallic/Black | B&O | Carbon Atlas | S - Line Comp FBSW | APR Stage 1 E85 | Airlift 3P | SPC Adjustable Control Arms | CR-15 | Ti 20X10.5 BBS CH-R ET25| 255/35 MPSS | blah blah blah

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by dropshadow View Post
    These? If so, I have a brand new set looking for a new home.

Hi there. Love the rims you have. Are they still available? Whatís the price/ location?
    Thank you

Veteran Member Four Rings dropshadow's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Ikobzei View Post
    Hi there. Love the rims you have. Are they still available? Whatís the price/ location?
    Thank you
    These sold a while ago.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by f_399 View Post
    High mileage owners, what common maintenance items do you start worrying about?

And common engine issues?

Iím at 90K no issues whatsoever. 10k ago start using Using SeaFoam every 1-2k as a gas treatment. Oil change every 7-8k using Mobil1 0w-40, Plus Liqui Moly 2009 Anti-Friction Oil Treatment every 2 change. Planning to do all diff. fluid change soon.

Senior Member Three Rings skifreak85353's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Windshield wipers...whatís the deal with Bosch wipers? Ordered the 24OE and 20OE Icon blades and they most certainly do not fit. Theyíre the right length, just wonít interface correctly with the wiper arm. What am I missing?
    2014 Audi Allroad Prem+ Moonlight Blue | 19" S5 Rotors w/ 10mm H+R spacers | 19" S4 Peelers plasti-dipped anthracite w 25mm and 30mm H+R spacers | Stasis RSB | Alu Kreuz | Avant S-Line springs | 20% tint | Vag Com mods
    2009 Volvo XC90 V8 R-Design
    2013 Subaru WRX Limited (Satin White Pearl) - Gone but not forgotten
    The Instagram the_radifier

Veteran Member Four Rings Gusman1's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 Audi S4, 2014 Audi Allroad, 2011 Mustang GT Sold: 2004 VW Jetta GLI, 2015 VW GTI

Quote Originally Posted by skifreak85353 View Post
    Windshield wipers...whatís the deal with Bosch wipers? Ordered the 24OE and 20OE Icon blades and they most certainly do not fit. Theyíre the right length, just wonít interface correctly with the wiper arm. What am I missing?
    Just installed some a couple weeks ago. You have to swap the adapters. It should come with 2 extra different ones.
    FOR SALE : AD Link 2015 Audi S4: Ibis White, Black/Chestnut Brown

Senior Member Three Rings skifreak85353's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Are the supposed to be floating around in the package? The ones I got just have a clip/cover that pops off. The blade slips on about 1/4 of the way then is incompatible.
    2014 Audi Allroad Prem+ Moonlight Blue | 19" S5 Rotors w/ 10mm H+R spacers | 19" S4 Peelers plasti-dipped anthracite w 25mm and 30mm H+R spacers | Stasis RSB | Alu Kreuz | Avant S-Line springs | 20% tint | Vag Com mods
    2009 Volvo XC90 V8 R-Design
    2013 Subaru WRX Limited (Satin White Pearl) - Gone but not forgotten
    The Instagram the_radifier

Veteran Member Four Rings Gusman1's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 Audi S4, 2014 Audi Allroad, 2011 Mustang GT Sold: 2004 VW Jetta GLI, 2015 VW GTI

Quote Originally Posted by skifreak85353 View Post
    Are the supposed to be floating around in the package? The ones I got just have a clip/cover that pops off. The blade slips on about 1/4 of the way then is incompatible.
    Mine came inside the package in a plastic bag. Check out this video
    FOR SALE : AD Link 2015 Audi S4: Ibis White, Black/Chestnut Brown

Senior Member Three Rings AUDacIouS4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B8 S4 Stasis

I had some leftover expanded metal from my Cayman project so I used it to remodel the Allroad. Plus I have my intake right behind the passenger grill so I need the airflow. Now if I can get a new grill in there too that would be cool. I might buy an RS grill for the A4 and cut the bumper to make it fit. I am about to get started on the carbon fiber splitters and hatch spoilers for those interested.20181212_100405.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Audizine mobile app
    2010 S4: Stasis Touring
    2015 Allroad GIAC E85/APR FMIC/ECS intake/034 HFC, driveline inserts, UCA's/KW V3/H&R sways/20x10 Vossen x Work VWS1

Established Member Two Rings Taylor-S's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Quote Originally Posted by AUDacIouS4 View Post
    I had some leftover expanded metal from my Cayman project so I used it to remodel the Allroad. Plus I have my intake right behind the passenger grill so I need the airflow. Now if I can get a new grill in there too that would be cool. I might buy an RS grill for the A4 and cut the bumper to make it fit. I am about to get started on the carbon fiber splitters and hatch spoilers for those interested.20181212_100405.jpeg

This looks soooo good!!! How are you liking the exhaust cut out on yours? I have been contemplating getting one on the stock exhaust with the APR Downpipe (I can't handle the drone from a full system for how much I drive).
    Build Thread Instagram: @ts_13allroad
    B8.5 allroad | APR Stage 2 (e-85) | APR Downpipe | AWE FMIC | Macan/Q5 345mm Brembo Front Brakes | Plasti-Dip'ed stuff

Senior Member Three Rings AUDacIouS4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B8 S4 Stasis

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor-S View Post
    This looks soooo good!!! How are you liking the exhaust cut out on yours? I have been contemplating getting one on the stock exhaust with the APR Downpipe (I can't handle the drone from a full system for how much I drive).
    The cutout isn't as loud as I thought it would be. It's more loud in the car then outside the car. You really don't want to open it unless your going to get on it because there is no backpressure below 3000rpm and no power. Maybe a better idea is to run valves just before the mufflers like Porsche and other OEM setups.

With any downpipe The drone is bad from 2500-3000rpm with 20% throttle or more when criusing through town. If you can wind out the gears a bit and stay above 4k until you reach your speed then its really not bad. I drive 100% in manual mode with the paddles so I have more control.

2010 S4: Stasis Touring
    2015 Allroad GIAC E85/APR FMIC/ECS intake/034 HFC, driveline inserts, UCA's/KW V3/H&R sways/20x10 Vossen x Work VWS1

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Hi everyone!

Is there a good and accurate DIY available that you could link me to for a rotor/pad replacement? I searched and see a bunch of B8 A4's but I'm not sure it's comprehensive enough. The dealership wants $1,500 and I'll be damned if I'll let them gouge me like that. I'm ordering some Zimmerman rotors and HPS 5.0 pads all around for under $500. I have a brake fluid flush left on my audicare and once I'm done with the job I'll have them perform that and presto.

Note: I do have a vag-com.

Thanks in advance y'all!
    2014 B8.5 allroad | Premium Plus | Dakota Grey | 8-speed Tiptronic | Sport Package | B&O | Blog: https://myblueunicorn.com/

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    05 Subaru LGT (HTA71)

womp womp, S5 peelers seller backed out last night.

then i got a weird PM today from someone who created an account today (Dec 13 2018) saying to email or text someone (the way it was worded seemed like the sender was not who i was emailing) and they would be able to help me out with peelers. I tried to PM back and their inbox is full already... seems like a scam
    > Magnaflow CBE <
    > NGP Rearguard <

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Quote Originally Posted by AUDacIouS4 View Post
    The cutout isn't as loud as I thought it would be. It's more loud in the car then outside the car. You really don't want to open it unless your going to get on it because there is no backpressure below 3000rpm and no power. Maybe a better idea is to run valves just before the mufflers like Porsche and other OEM setups.

With any downpipe The drone is bad from 2500-3000rpm with 20% throttle or more when criusing through town. If you can wind out the gears a bit and stay above 4k until you reach your speed then its really not bad. I drive 100% in manual mode with the paddles so I have more control.

Thanks for the feedback! I have been trying to find some sort of valvetronic system that would fit the allroad, but almost all of them would require a new rear valance for quad pipes. Would be great to just somehow fit OEM Porsche sport exhaust.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Audizine mobile app
    B8.5 allroad | APR Stage 2 (e-85) | APR Downpipe | AWE FMIC | Macan/Q5 345mm Brembo Front Brakes | Plasti-Dip'ed stuff

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor-S View Post
    Thanks for the feedback! I have been trying to find some sort of valvetronic system that would fit the allroad, but almost all of them would require a new rear valance for quad pipes. Would be great to just somehow fit OEM Porsche sport exhaust.
    What about doing something like Pacific German did to their S4 Allroad? Look at the second picture.

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...1#post13338429

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Quote Originally Posted by weverb View Post
    What about doing something like Pacific German did to their S4 Allroad? Look at the second picture.

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...1#post13338429
    Ah that's genius!!! I had not seen their build thread yet, so thank you for that! That opens up a lot more options.

Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2060686970