Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2060686970
Results 2,761 to 2,771 of 2771
  1. #2761
    Established Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 02 2017
    AZ Member #
    392259
    Location
    Beaverton, OR

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by weverb View Post
    Thanks for posting this guide and keeping the Megathread going.




    There is a link in the "Bulb Guide" on the very first post for this thread. Also deAutokey also sells LED's that don't need coding or cause codes.
    I have had LEDs fro deAutokey in both of my recent cars with no issues/codes. I highly recommend them.

  2. #2762
    Veteran Member Four Rings dropshadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 28 2009
    AZ Member #
    40470
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN

    Quote Originally Posted by R Evolution1 View Post
    Which bulbs, if you don't mind me asking.
    Quote Originally Posted by chip_ View Post
    I have had LEDs fro deAutokey in both of my recent cars with no issues/codes. I highly recommend them.
    I bought them off ebay and the link is dead, so I don't have a recommendation anymore. I believe I may have linked to them on one of the earliest pages of this thread. deAutokey is probably a good place to start.

  3. #2763
    Established Member Two Rings R Evolution1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 30 2007
    AZ Member #
    19947
    My Garage
    '04 A4 Avant 3.0***'04 A6 2.7T***'00 A4 2.8
    Location
    Too close to CANADA

    I buy all my bulbs from The Retrofit Source - I've had good experiences with their warranty/customer service.

    Has anyone managed to get an LED bulb to work with the corning lights (H7) bulbs? Looks like deAutokey might have something but it's listed for a GTI - any guinea pigs?

  4. #2764
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Jan 29 2014
    AZ Member #
    141434
    Location
    NYC

    Quote Originally Posted by R Evolution1 View Post
    Also, if you run LED bulbs and do not want to install load resisters you must re-code the central convenience module using Vag-Com to get rid of the Bulb Out Warning in the DIS. Polarity matters for LED bulbs as well. If you all need the coding I can post it here later.
    Yeah, I replaced the fogs with LED's and get that "bulb out" issue... so any direction of coding help would be great.

  5. #2765
    Established Member Two Rings R Evolution1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 30 2007
    AZ Member #
    19947
    My Garage
    '04 A4 Avant 3.0***'04 A6 2.7T***'00 A4 2.8
    Location
    Too close to CANADA

    Quote Originally Posted by Yvan View Post
    Yeah, I replaced the fogs with LED's and get that "bulb out" issue... so any direction of coding help would be great.
    I was referring strictly to the reverse light bulbs, I can check if the LED for fogs can be coded.

    In other news, be ready to retune your allroad if you take it in for the final step of the aux-coolant pump recall (where they install a new pump). They also re-code the vehicle, ECU box number changed from
    0008 to 0007


  6. #2766
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Jan 08 2017
    AZ Member #
    390177
    Location
    Chicago IL

    Anyone else have a 02235 error code pop up for faulty adaptive headlights? Iím thinking itís just a bulb out for the cornering light, but the error code in the center display that doesnít stop is really annoying.

    In addition, ever Since I got the coolant pump recall done (which after specifically asking that they had the parts and were going to replace the pump not just disconnect...of course they just disconnected the pump and said theyíd replace the pump in the spring) I have a error code 18062. Luckily this doesnít throw a code on the dash but is it because of the recall or something else? All my cluster gauges work as they should as some say it could be because of a faulty coolant sensor.


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  7. #2767
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Dec 24 2012
    AZ Member #
    106329
    Location
    Maine

    Quote Originally Posted by Hayesman View Post
    Anyone else have a 02235 error code pop up for faulty adaptive headlights? Iím thinking itís just a bulb out for the cornering light, but the error code in the center display that doesnít stop is really annoying.

    In addition, ever Since I got the coolant pump recall done (which after specifically asking that they had the parts and were going to replace the pump not just disconnect...of course they just disconnected the pump and said theyíd replace the pump in the spring) I have a error code 18062. Luckily this doesnít throw a code on the dash but is it because of the recall or something else? All my cluster gauges work as they should as some say it could be because of a faulty coolant sensor.


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    I had my auxillary heater replaced yesterday along with the disconnect of the after run coolant pump. Still no replacement pump available. The technician must have also made ecm software changes. I am not seeing a CEL due to the disconnect of the coolant pump.
    David

    2003 Allroad 2.7T
    2015 Allroad 2.0 TFSI
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    1970 Porsche 911E
    1979 BMW 320i

  8. #2768
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Jan 08 2017
    AZ Member #
    390177
    Location
    Chicago IL

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidAR View Post
    I had my auxillary heater replaced yesterday along with the disconnect of the after run coolant pump. Still no replacement pump available. The technician must have also made ecm software changes. I am not seeing a CEL due to the disconnect of the coolant pump.
    Guess I should clarify. I donít have a CEL but a stored code. The code points to an instrument cluster reading error but everything seems in order. Makes me think itís a stare stored code because of the recall. The new software makes the code not display a CEL


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  9. #2769
    Senior Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Aug 13 2012
    AZ Member #
    98598
    Location
    Bay Area, CA

    Does anyone here have any interest in a trade? I want to run OEM cross bars on my B8 allroad and have the more expensive and more fancy Whispbars from Yakima. Please PM me if you're interested in a trade!
    2014 B8.5 allroad | Premium Plus | Dakota Grey | 8-speed Tiptronic | Sport Package | B&O | Blog: https://myblueunicorn.com/

  10. #2770
    Established Member Two Rings R Evolution1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 30 2007
    AZ Member #
    19947
    My Garage
    '04 A4 Avant 3.0***'04 A6 2.7T***'00 A4 2.8
    Location
    Too close to CANADA

    Quote Originally Posted by Hayesman View Post
    Guess I should clarify. I donít have a CEL but a stored code. The code points to an instrument cluster reading error but everything seems in order. Makes me think itís a stare stored code because of the recall. The new software makes the code not display a CEL


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    A stored code is normal for the disconnected aux pump, page 16 of the official recall filed with the NHTSA (You can read that here!) says fault P261A will be stored in ECM. The software update simply prevents the CEL from turning on.

    So to answer your original question, error code 18062 is not related to the recall at all.

    I've forgotten what the error code # is but if you've got the "Audi Adaptive Headlight: Defective" show up on your dash but the lights still do the startup dance (up/down/left/right) then you simply have to change out the H7 static corning bulbs. If one is out the other one will probably go soon too (they sell these in pairs anyway). However you will still need to clear the code with Vag-Com after replacing the bulbs otherwise it will continue to display even after new bulbs are put in.

  11. #2771
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Jan 08 2017
    AZ Member #
    390177
    Location
    Chicago IL

    Quote Originally Posted by R Evolution1 View Post
    A stored code is normal for the disconnected aux pump, page 16 of the official recall filed with the NHTSA (You can read that here!) says fault P261A will be stored in ECM. The software update simply prevents the CEL from turning on.

    So to answer your original question, error code 18062 is not related to the recall at all.

    I've forgotten what the error code # is but if you've got the "Audi Adaptive Headlight: Defective" show up on your dash but the lights still do the startup dance (up/down/left/right) then you simply have to change out the H7 static corning bulbs. If one is out the other one will probably go soon too (they sell these in pairs anyway). However you will still need to clear the code with Vag-Com after replacing the bulbs otherwise it will continue to display even after new bulbs are put in.
    Thanks for the info.

    Youíre right about the H7 bulbs needing replacing. Swapped out the bulbs, and all is good. HOWEVER, you need to clear the fault before the system will attempt to work. After swapping the bulbs, I still had the error and the corner lights didnít work. Cleared the code and everything worked.


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2060686970


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2018 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.