Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Established Member Two Rings pgraham76's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I replaced the pads on front because the dash "Brake" light came on. Turns out that they probably had another 1-2k in them but I figured I had them off so I just did them. The light is still on after doing it. I checked the fluid levels and that's not it either. I know some guys have done a dummy plug for the sensor because sometimes that acts up. Can anyone who has made one post a picture of it or is it as simple as just take some 18 gauge wire and making a U out it to complete the circuit with the plug?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Audizine mobile app

Veteran Member Four Rings Gunnark100's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by pgraham76 View Post
    or is it as simple as just take some 18 gauge wire and making a U out it to complete the circuit with the plug?

Yes just make "U" if you wish, but if problem is not there, "U" will not help!
    Retrofits: FL taillights / MMI 3G & 3G+(Street view incl.)/ Color Cluster & FL S5 Cluster/ BiXenon/ ADS Lite
    Other: ECU Tune/ VCDS Tweaks/ FL Gearknob/ Soundproofing/ Interior 6D Carbon Wrap/ Rieger Rep Front Bumper Valance/ Basic sound(8) upgrade to "ASS"(9+1) + B/O Sub(in sidepanel)/Tweeters + Activsub/ Efficiency Prog via Cluster & Gateway flash/ Sideskirts/ Window Tint/ Wsp Peeler reps/ License plate & Interior leds

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnark100 View Post
    Yes just make "U" if you wish, but if problem is not there, "U" will not help!
    I wish there was an easy way to turn it off via the VAGCOM but I shall try that. Wish me the best. Thanks!

Veteran Member Four Rings Gunnark100's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by pgraham76 View Post
    I wish there was an easy way to turn it off via the VAGCOM but I shall try that. Wish me the best. Thanks!

Yes it is possible to disable this with vcds, i did this few years back for one person, but sorry i cant remember how, if my memory correct it was not only in module 09.

With sensor it is easy, brown wire is in, black is out, and it is just ground, so if you have "multimeter" just check, if your issue is before, in, or after sensor! As problems have been already before and after sensor also, as this f...g wire is only weak 0,5mm !
    Retrofits: FL taillights / MMI 3G & 3G+(Street view incl.)/ Color Cluster & FL S5 Cluster/ BiXenon/ ADS Lite
    Other: ECU Tune/ VCDS Tweaks/ FL Gearknob/ Soundproofing/ Interior 6D Carbon Wrap/ Rieger Rep Front Bumper Valance/ Basic sound(8) upgrade to "ASS"(9+1) + B/O Sub(in sidepanel)/Tweeters + Activsub/ Efficiency Prog via Cluster & Gateway flash/ Sideskirts/ Window Tint/ Wsp Peeler reps/ License plate & Interior leds

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnark100 View Post
    Yes it is possible to disable this with vcds, i did this few years back for one person, but sorry i cant remember how, if my memory correct it was not only in module 09.

With sensor it is easy, brown wire is in, black is out, and it is just ground, so if you have "multimeter" just check, if your issue is before, in, or after sensor! As problems have been already before and after sensor also, as this f...g wire is only weak 0,5mm !
    Will do. In the mean time if you or anyone else reading knows how to disable please let me know as that would be easiest. I'm used to not having a sensor for everything and they're just annoying to reset when I already do all the work haha. Cheers.

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by A4Qwattro View Post
    Lmao, the clowns at Audi engineering...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I donít know what I was thinking buying another Audi. My last was a 2009 a4 that was burning 3.3 quarts per 1000 miles with 70k miles. They finally fixed it after the lawsuit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by mecg View Post
    I just experienced this, myself. I thought it was a wheel bearing, but remembered something that happened to me 40 years ago when I was a kid in high school with my mother's car. Wheel lugs started backing off one tire and it started growling like crazy. I checked my lug bolts and, sure enough, the drivers side rear had all 5 bolts loose. I swap my own tires around and the only thing I can think of was that I got interrupted before torquing the bolts down to spec. That said, I had an easy and $0 fix, which made me happy.
    Funny enough, I thought about this too, I changed over to winter tires in october/november and saw that they hand torqued all the wheels. I'm going to go re-torque them this weekend just in case!!

Established Member Three Rings tominabox1's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Well I put in my HFC and I guess I broke my forward O2 sensor on the process.... Whyyyyyyyyy
    2014 A4 Quattro // Sport Package, Black Optics, Bang and Olufsen
    IE Stage 2, CR-15 Strut Brace, USP High Flow Cat, Spulen turbo inlet pipe, aFe filter

Established Member Two Rings ricob5s4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1997 bmw m3 sedan. stock

Anyone have had their rear main seal replaced before? How much did it cost?

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

AZ Member #

Anywhere from 800 to 1400 for a RMS. Thrre is a DIY in here

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    -MRR GROUNDFORCE GF06 19X9.5 38MM 5X112 MACHINED SILVER -HANKOOK K110 VENTUS V12 245/35/19 -H&R Street Coilovers -Ecodes -OEM roof rack -Side blades -RS4 grille -Fog grille covers -13' shifter -HFC Eurocode -Stasis Exhaust -APR Stage II -10' B8 A4 AT

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

At about 127k miles...now the steering felt heavy so I lubed the heck out of it with some chain lube. Feels much better now, but wondering if I need to replace it soon, sooner or later? It's $300+ for the new IMS and does not look glorious to replace.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomad View Post
    At about 127k miles...now the steering felt heavy so I lubed the heck out of it with some chain lube. Feels much better now, but wondering if I need to replace it soon, sooner or later? It's $300+ for the new IMS and does not look glorious to replace.
    Same thing happen to me at 127k miles too. I lube it up and have had no trouble with it for the last 6K miles.
    -MRR GROUNDFORCE GF06 19X9.5 38MM 5X112 MACHINED SILVER -HANKOOK K110 VENTUS V12 245/35/19 -H&R Street Coilovers -Ecodes -OEM roof rack -Side blades -RS4 grille -Fog grille covers -13' shifter -HFC Eurocode -Stasis Exhaust -APR Stage II -10' B8 A4 AT

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1997 bmw m3 sedan. stock

Quote Originally Posted by richardm0025 View Post
    Anywhere from 800 to 1400 for a RMS. Thrre is a DIY in here

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Thank you.

Established Member Two Rings rolandoa1324's Avatar
    AZ Member #

My volume knob stops working and I lose all sound, but it still lets me turn off the radio when I press it down. It comes back after a while, so Iím going to try and clean the Center consul with some air duster.

Instagram @cavesb8

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by mecg View Post
    I just experienced this, myself. I thought it was a wheel bearing, but remembered something that happened to me 40 years ago when I was a kid in high school with my mother's car. Wheel lugs started backing off one tire and it started growling like crazy. I checked my lug bolts and, sure enough, the drivers side rear had all 5 bolts loose. I swap my own tires around and the only thing I can think of was that I got interrupted before torquing the bolts down to spec. That said, I had an easy and $0 fix, which made me happy.
    The wheel bolts were torqued down per the 90 lbs/ft, so unfortunately that wasn't the issue. I'll bring it in and see what Audi says and keep you guys updated in case your interested.

Veteran Member Four Rings JBAeroEngineer's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I was having misfires in cylinder 3 every other second with VCDS logging (no CEL or hard VCDS error) when in park only. Doesn't happen in gear stopped at a light. Drove 20 miles, swapped cylinders 2 and 3 coils and checked the MAF sensor (all snug) and then ran the logging again for 5 minutes. No misfires. What the...?

Plugs and coils are 9 months old, maybe 10k miles.

Senior Member Four Rings JeriQo's Avatar
    AZ Member #

backed up on a metal rail thats sticking out, it was completely out of sight...
    my trunk lid got chipped and dent just above the audi rings..
    2012 BB A4 P+ S-line Exterior |FBSW RS Paddles/Pedals|CR-15|AFE Filter|ECS inlet|S4 Dual Exhaust|Ace Convex 19x8.5|ECS 15mm rear

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by JeriQo View Post
    backed up on a metal rail thats sticking out, it was completely out of sight...
    my trunk lid got chipped and dent just above the audi rings..
    That right there is why you spring for the backup camera.

Registered Member One Ring kem_rings's Avatar
    AZ Member #

tire pressure light came on. I got to tire number 3 and the valve stem snapped. the cap is holding whatever air in until the morning

Senior Member Three Rings Jon_90's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2001 mustang

Driver side mirror delaminated but was able to catch it before it fell. Cleaned it up and put some 3m tape

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by JBAeroEngineer View Post
    That right there is why you spring for the backup camera.
    What do you think? About $5-600 repair, huh?

IMAG0225.jpeg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Audizine mobile app
    2012 BB A4 P+ S-line Exterior |FBSW RS Paddles/Pedals|CR-15|AFE Filter|ECS inlet|S4 Dual Exhaust|Ace Convex 19x8.5|ECS 15mm rear

Established Member Three Rings NathanGreatScott's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '16 Ford Flex Limited

IMAG0225.jpeg

The kind of thing that make you go, FUUUUUUUUUUU....

that sucks man. Hopefully it's closer to $5 than $600
    Brilliant Black '14 A4 Quattro 6MT w/ S-Line style package
    PROGRESS
    IG:@nathangreatscott

AZ Member #

IMAG0225.jpeg

Sounds about right for paint and dent. Though if you do OEM work, probably closer to $7/800

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by NathanGreatScott View Post
    The kind of thing that make you go, FUUUUUUUUUUU....

that sucks man. Hopefully it's closer to $5 than $600
    Quote Originally Posted by JBAeroEngineer View Post
    Sounds about right for paint and dent. Though if you do OEM work, probably closer to $7/800
    definitely hurts my feelings.

i might as well look for an S4 trunk part out for that price.. im gonna try and sand/buff it out this weekend lol

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

My 09 A4 is totally nonresponsive. Put the key in, push and.... Nothing. And it won't give me back the key. No interior lights, door locks, no fuel pump at entry, literally dead. Drove it yesterday, no problems. Wow, glad the thing is in my driveway! Anyone have a clue?

Established Member Two Rings Johndep7's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Getting scared at this point. Started throwing codes for misfires (makes sense, haven't replaced plugs/coil packs) so I replaced them. A month later I started throwing other codes, found out it was a bad PCV Valve, replaced that, codes gone. Now I keep throwing more codes a couple weeks later, I have "System Too Learn Off Idle Bank1" and "Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1" and I have no idea what that even means. (I am not the greatest with cars so I just have no clue. This car is starting to scare me. I guess so far its routine maintenance but it's happening all so close together) I have 60k miles 2011. Anyone have an idea on what these codes mean?

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Johndep7 View Post
    Getting scared at this point. Started throwing codes for misfires (makes sense, haven't replaced plugs/coil packs) so I replaced them. A month later I started throwing other codes, found out it was a bad PCV Valve, replaced that, codes gone. Now I keep throwing more codes a couple weeks later, I have "System Too Learn Off Idle Bank1" and "Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1" and I have no idea what that even means. (I am not the greatest with cars so I just have no clue. This car is starting to scare me. I guess so far its routine maintenance but it's happening all so close together) I have 60k miles 2011. Anyone have an idea on what these codes mean?
    Oh also forgot, leaking coolant too..yay... so maybe water pump needs to be replaced. I THINK those codes maybe for the O2 sensor...hopefully its something easy like that.

Established Member Three Rings tominabox1's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Johndep7 View Post
    Oh also forgot, leaking coolant too..yay... so maybe water pump needs to be replaced. I THINK those codes maybe for the O2 sensor...hopefully its something easy like that.
    Have you had your timing tensioner fixed and your piston rings fixed?
    2014 A4 Quattro // Sport Package, Black Optics, Bang and Olufsen
    IE Stage 2, CR-15 Strut Brace, USP High Flow Cat, Spulen turbo inlet pipe, aFe filter

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by tominabox1 View Post
    Have you had your timing tensioner fixed and your piston rings fixed?
    I have not but it sounds like if that's the case, it will be fun.

AZ Member #

eh make sure you plug that MAF sensor before you fire up the car. i checked my air AFE filter, 15k+ miles later its super clean. so yeah, started it, threw me all kinds of errors, TPMS malfunction and stabilisation fault .. plugged it back it and the CEL stayed. lucky for me the audi dealership is close by and i got a tech to clear it.

AZ Member #

eh make sure you plug that MAF sensor before you fire up the car. i checked my air AFE filter, 15k+ miles later its super clean. so yeah, started it, threw me all kinds of errors, TPMS malfunction and stabilisation fault .. plugged it back it and the CEL stayed. lucky for me the audi dealership is close by and i got a tech to clear it.
    Nice, luckily I have someone looking at it today for the coolant leak, he'll check the codes also for me.

Senior Member Three Rings Brandon K.'s Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2018 S5 Sportback, Lexus RX400h... a nice appliance

Having the steering looked at. Feels like something in the rack or steering column is binding and making it take up to 30lb of force to tune in. The odd part is that it is inconsistent. Sometimes it feels normal and sometimes it takes extra force. Before anybody chimes in and says itís the pump, not a chance. At 70 mph even if it was unassisted, there is no way it would require 30 lbs of force to change lanes.

The VW/Audi shop says they have never seen anything like it in their life...

Senior Member Four Rings bakedziti's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '77 MGB Roadster

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon K. View Post
    Having the steering looked at. Feels like something in the rack or steering column is binding and making it take up to 30lb of force to tune in. The odd part is that it is inconsistent. Sometimes it feels normal and sometimes it takes extra force. Before anybody chimes in and says itís the pump, not a chance. At 70 mph even if it was unassisted, there is no way it would require 30 lbs of force to change lanes.

The VW/Audi shop says they have never seen anything like it in their life...

My money is on the intermediate steering shaft. Did it happen to warm up a little in your area?
    2011 A4 P+ QGM | Sport Package | 6MT | MMI | B&O
    GIAC (stage) | Eurocode HFC & Alu Kreuz | Stasis Exhaust | H&R RSB | DV+ | CR-15 | ECS Intercooler w/ Piping & Street Shield | P3

the egyptian prescription

Senior Member Three Rings Brandon K.'s Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2018 S5 Sportback, Lexus RX400h... a nice appliance

Quote Originally Posted by bakedziti View Post
    My money is on the intermediate steering shaft. Did it happen to warm up a little in your area?
    It is worse when the car is warm and yes, the spring weather has been a little warmer.

Senior Member Four Rings bakedziti's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '77 MGB Roadster

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon K. View Post
    It is worse when the car is warm and yes, the spring weather has been a little warmer.

Mine went right as we transitioned into spring a few years ago. Like many others, it was the bottom universal on the intermediate steering shaft. I have seen a couple of posts in the last couple of weeks regarding this issue, and unfortunately I am expecting that there will be more of them in the next few weeks as the weather finally begins to warm up in the NE. For me, I had trouble turning left, but basically no issues turning right, and it seemed to crop up more the further I was into my drive. Some have had luck simply lubricating the bottom universal, while others have claimed that you can just change the bottom universal. I just changed the whole shaft; PN# 8K1419753H

https://www.eeuroparts.com/Parts/144...ft-8K1419753H/
    https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...ft/8k1419753h/
    2011 A4 P+ QGM | Sport Package | 6MT | MMI | B&O
    GIAC (stage) | Eurocode HFC & Alu Kreuz | Stasis Exhaust | H&R RSB | DV+ | CR-15 | ECS Intercooler w/ Piping & Street Shield | P3

the egyptian prescription

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1997 bmw m3 sedan. stock

My b8 avant needs a new trans. Due to a leak. Very un common for a seal that went bad. that will requiere to take apart the trans and with how labor intensive it is itís easier to replace it . Had three European shops check it out and all the same. Looks like Iíll be spending $2000 on a used trans with labor and 2 year warranty.

Senior Member Three Rings ToddBrunswick's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    PorscheCayenne

Quote Originally Posted by ricob5s4 View Post
    My b8 avant needs a new trans. Due to a leak. Very un common for a seal that went bad. that will requiere to take apart the trans and with how labor intensive it is itís easier to replace it . Had three European shops check it out and all the same. Looks like Iíll be spending $2000 on a used trans with labor and 2 year warranty.

sounds like a perfect opportunity for a 6MT swap.
    Pedal Responce Consigliere
    "I have a special practice. I handle one client" -Tom Hagen

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1997 bmw m3 sedan. stock

Quote Originally Posted by ToddBrunswick View Post
    sounds like a perfect opportunity for a 6MT swap.
    I would love too. Too bad none of the local mechanics would even attempt to do it.

Senior Member Three Rings B8_Dude97's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by ricob5s4 View Post
    I would love too. Too bad none of the local mechanics would even attempt to do it.

Do a s4 tranny swap instead so u can get a dsg

Senior Member Three Rings Jon_90's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2001 mustang

Enabled the battery meter setting a while back and noticed it doesnít always display 100% so Iím guessing my battery is about to go out

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast