Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    How are you guys reconnect the trunk latch cable. That one task took my like 45mins to do.

Camera looks great and the trigger for the manual works perfectly. Very fast transition to camera. Guidelines aren't working though, anyone have any idea why that might be?

Module switch is currently up up down down
    Last edited by pkny; 11-30-2016 at 08:00 AM.

Senior Member Four Rings Party_Marty's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Sector 9 Long-board, Rugby Kit

Quote Originally Posted by pkny View Post
    How are you guys reconnect the hood latch cable. That one task took my like 45mins to do.

Camera looks great and the trigger for the manual works perfectly. Very fast transition to camera. Guidelines aren't working though, anyone have any idea why that might be?

Module switch is currently up up down down
    try flipping the tabs and messing around with it. I would contact the seller about that.
    As far as the wire (I'm guessing you mean trunk latch....) get a pair of long reach pliers. I can have my trunk lid apart and back together in less than 15 min now.
    ---------------------------------------------------------- IG: party_martyy ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    ---------------------14' Phantom Black Pearl Stg2 A4 S-Line -- 6MT -------------- Peep the Build ---------------------

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Yes, trunk latch.

What dip switch settings do you have for your manual?

We had quite a bit of rain today and i noticed the lens didn't really have a hydrophobic coating over it. Droplets basically blocked most of the cameras view. I don't recall the avant OEM backup camera having this problem with droplets. Going to wipe down the lens with some rainx and see if that helps.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Let us know if you get guidelines moving.. my'n does not move either :)

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Has anyone upgraded the OEM backup camera to something with a higher resolution or better low light sensitivity?

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Hi All, got a kit from Eron a few weeks ago and got around to installing it yesterday. Took about half a day, with little trouble. Couple of points for whoever the next guy is:
    1. Don't worry about the extra wires (red, yellow and black) on the power side, they are for the forward camera and not needed for the backup camera
    2. The trunk latch has two little clips on the side, it will not come out until you push them in. Took me forever to find them and I do see that others mentioned them, i guess reading fail on my part.
    2.b: I found it easier to remove the gray metal band, it's two extra bolts, but it makes it easy to see the latch.
    3. If following this video: https://youtu.be/l8w59PEDF3g, on my car (a lowly Canadian "premium") I had two or three empty fuse slots at the top. I only needed to slide the included power line into the right side (when looking from the back), since the left side already had the factory power connected. Then I only needed to add the fuse, and it works, and looks clean.
    4. I was pretty nervous cutting the black & white wire for the reverse light (mine is a manual), but it really was the correct wire, spliced in the reverse signal and everything works fine.

Overall it's a great product, Eron is very accommodating and I would recommend it, great price.

Active Member One Ring AlphaMale_DD's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I got my 50/50 OEM rear view camera finally installed. I'm using the OEM camera, but with a Dietz 1110 interface (similar to the Xcarlink version). This allows me to switch inputs with the NAV button as it's connected via LVDS between MMI (2G) and dash screen. I've split the camera's output to the rear cam input and video input 1, so I can monitor the rear when driving (if I want to).

I decided to use an aftermarket interface with multiple in- and outputs as I'm planning to hook up the front dashcam's CVBS output as well and use the setup for continuous recording (after adding a hdd recorder). Should be cheaper than a dual cam dashcam of decent quality, using already existing cameras and wiring.

BTW, I had to use a step-up voltage regulator for the rear signal feed as the car's PWM is messing up the 12V trigger.
    A4 B8 Avant | Deep Sea Blue Pearl | Stage 1 | Vogtland Coilovers | Mandrus Millenium Black 19" + Michelin PS3 235-255 | ... some small bits 'n pieces and some coding
    Retrofit: S-Line FL rear bumper | Single L+R exhaust 2x90mm | S-line interior | S-line side skirts | FL LEDs rear | PDC + backup camera

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

i've had this kit installed for a while now and it works great. However, when the camera comes on the screen goes to full brightness. How do i lower it?

Veteran Member Three Rings ducati's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Eron is the best for backup camera.
    Last edited by ducati; 10-04-2017 at 12:52 PM.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by ducati View Post
    Anyone has Eron e-mail I have a question for him.I think the module is starting to go....
    zerone.wu@foxmail.com

Established Member Two Rings blew-dub's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by ports View Post
    Has anyone upgraded the OEM backup camera to something with a higher resolution or better low light sensitivity?
    I would like to know as well.

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Good info here, can't believe I read most of this 14 page thread. Not surprised I came to the conclusion I suspected on page 1, never buy a knockoff.
    2012 Stronic | Sports Diff Pkg

SOLD 2010 B8 A4 Tiptronic | Stasis Engine Tune | Michelin Pilot Super Sports | Forgestar F14 18x9 wheels | Stoptech Powerslot rotors | EBC yellowstuff pads | Bilstein PSS10 - SOLD | aFe Pro Dry Filter

Me @ Laguna Seca Raceway - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7s8S1Uh7uc

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Yep, good info here. I'm reporting back that my Eron camera has been operational with no issues for 20 months.

I disagree with audiAYYY4's conclusion. My Eron camera is actually better than my 2010 S4 OEM backup camera. I was quite surprised. Erons camera is brighter, clearer and higher resolution.

Senior Member Three Rings Antimatter's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by ports View Post
    Would like to know this as well. There has to be a way to upgrade the OEM Camera.
    2011 Audi S4 Brilliant Black / Black-Tuscan Brown Interior. DSG, Navigation, Sports Rear Differential, Nappa Leather, Supercharged Badge. Borla Exhaust System.

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

I retrofitted factory oem camera on mine. 09 A4
    Overall difficulty 6/10. Not super hard - time consuming took around 6 hours to fully complete. I am ocd about factory. I unwrapped all the tesa tape, installed connections, camera routed all wires in factory loom. Re taped everything with new tesa tape. Would never be able to tell the difference between my install and factory. The parts I got for a bargain. I was able to get camera/handle, wiring and camera mount for free. I paid $100 for camera controller module. I read the forums for coding. Pretty simple. I had already converted Audi concert to 3g+ so everything was perfect. Guide lines are awesome and are calibrated perfectly already. Work was time consuming but works great!! Totally worth it for any DIY guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

To Zerone Wu and to other B8 owners with APS+ with graphical display parking distance control unit and radio concert (I call it mmi basic most sellers call it non mmi)
    Still waiting for a reply.
    Why does your RS-1103 radio concert (non mmi) camera interface does not display radar distance on B8 with APS+ (advanced pdc with graphical display,)???

Since it is advertised as radar distance capable why doesnt this function work with all B8 (A,4 A5 Q5) made in 2009-2012 to display graphically the proximity radar??

Why your firmware cannot decode radar signals.

Also why is your interface not recognised by audi gateway??

My problem with radar functionality was never resolved.

What I have not tried yet is to connect directly can-h can-l from HVAC cable harness, cut cables from this harness to cancel and connect canh-l small black plug directly to APS respective cables. (need long cables to test this)
    Last edited by apoelistas; 11-14-2017 at 08:54 AM.

Senior Member Three Rings kayroccs's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Hi everyone,

Is this camera compatible with a Premium Trim?

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Installed the rear camera from Eron - 09 A4 non-mmi

-it is basically a plug and play system.
    -the only time consuming part is taking apart the glove box (about 10 screws) and trim pieces to get at everything.
    -the actual install is quite literally plugging in and tieing up a couple wires

-non mmi cars-
    no need to take out radio. Pull the trim plate around the screen, pull the bottom hvac unit (trim tools do the job), route wires and plug everything in.
    -swap in the camera latch
    -route the video cable to the front
    -tie in your camera power wire to the purple wire at the control box
    -done

-PROBLEMS
    -I had an issue where it tested fine, but no picture when I tried to install.
    -Eron was very responsive in helping to troubleshoot
    -It turned out to be a faulty Video cable, which I tested with another one, and works perfectly.

I bought the unit many months ago, but due to work travel, only got around to installing it now.
    The picture is very clear and the guide lines move wiht the steering wheel, which is nice too.

All in all, a great addition for not a lot of money. No unnecessary splicing of wires, and if I want to go back to stock, simple plug n play.

It is time consuming only because of removal of trim pieces. Not difficult, just be patient.
    B8 2.0T QTip
    B6 3.0 QTip Avant

Veteran Member Four Rings SleeperCar's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by AudiTLC View Post
    Installed the rear camera from Eron - 09 A4 non-mmi

-it is basically a plug and play system.
    -the only time consuming part is taking apart the glove box (about 10 screws) and trim pieces to get at everything.
    -the actual install is quite literally plugging in and tieing up a couple wires

-non mmi cars-
    no need to take out radio. Pull the trim plate around the screen, pull the bottom hvac unit (trim tools do the job), route wires and plug everything in.
    -swap in the camera latch
    -route the video cable to the front
    -tie in your camera power wire to the purple wire at the control box
    -done

-PROBLEMS
    -I had an issue where it tested fine, but no picture when I tried to install.
    -Eron was very responsive in helping to troubleshoot
    -It turned out to be a faulty Video cable, which I tested with another one, and works perfectly.

I bought the unit many months ago, but due to work travel, only got around to installing it now.
    The picture is very clear and the guide lines move wiht the steering wheel, which is nice too.

All in all, a great addition for not a lot of money. No unnecessary splicing of wires, and if I want to go back to stock, simple plug n play.

It is time consuming only because of removal of trim pieces. Not difficult, just be patient.
    Where did you route the wire from the back to the front specifically?
    2013 A4 Scuba Blue Metallic | APR stage 2 | AWE | Milltek | GFB+ | Suntek | Solo-Werks | Eurocode | Blesk | 034 | ECStuning | CR-15 Strut brace | Apikol | R8 Coilpacks | NGK | Akebono | Hawk |MRR-GF07 19x9.5 ET38 | 18x8.5 peeler reps ET 40 (winter)

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by SleeperCar View Post
    Where did you route the wire from the back to the front specifically?
    passenger side- I went down the trunk, to the arm (plastic trim pops off, follow other wires) into the trunk(pop open the storage box to access), and the back seat bolster can pop out to give room to route wire
    then down the kick panels to the front, and up into the side. Pretty easy.
    I didnt have to pop off any trim really, just flex it up to tuck the wire.

Forgot to mention: NO NEED TO TAP A FUSE OR POWER. It is literally a plug n play.
    B8 2.0T QTip
    B6 3.0 QTip Avant

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by AudiTLC View Post
    passenger side- I went down the trunk, to the arm (plastic trim pops off, follow other wires) into the trunk(pop open the storage box to access), and the back seat bolster can pop out to give room to route wire
    then down the kick panels to the front, and up into the side. Pretty easy.
    I didnt have to pop off any trim really, just flex it up to tuck the wire.

Forgot to mention: NO NEED TO TAP A FUSE OR POWER. It is literally a plug n play.
    Hey AudiTLC,

I'm about to attempt this tomorrow. I think I also have the kit that does not require tapping a fuse.

Did you follow the instructions included by Eron exactly?

I'm a bit unclear on how power gets to the camera. My understanding is this:

1. At the back of the car, I connect the stubby red wire (coming off the RCA cable) to the red wire on the power cable coming off the same camera harness.

2. At the front of the car I connect the red stubby wire coming off the other (front of car) end of the RCA cable to the purple wire coming off the module harness.

What I don't understand is, how does power get from the front of the car to the camera? Does it run in the same sheath as the RCA cable? Am I missing a step?

And what is the purpose of the black wire coming off the power cable near the camera?

Thanks in advance,
    NewD

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Hello, I just tried to install the rs-1102 module for Mmi 3g high. I don't have the instructions but I manage to mount the rear camera and the power with can hi low cable. The only problem I have is that I don't understand how the cables are connected to the Mmi unit, module and screen. Please someone explain to me how to connect them. For now the module has a flashing red led and it clicks when I put it in and out Reverse gear that because I have manual transmission and connected the trigger cable . on the screen I see only the oem image with parking sensors like before. Please explain to me how to proper install the Mmi and module cables because I don't want to brick the module or the mmi. Thank you in advance.

AZ Member #

I just figured out what was the incorrect wiring. I still have one noob question : why it works only in reverse? When I put the shifter in neutral or first gear the camera shuts down and on the screen I see the original parking sensors only. It is normal? Also why on the the camera I don't see red lines of parking sensors, I hear only the sound.

Veteran Member Four Rings Gunnark100's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by CarlosFibra View Post
    I still have one noob question : why it works only in reverse?
    Because it is audi logic and many places call this camera also as reverse camera(as it is part of the parking system). Read your car owners manual, there is nice info about parking systems. It is possible to override this, but it is not only coding change!

And what is reason you need or want rear camera picture if you are in D mode?
    Last edited by Gunnark100; 01-22-2018 at 07:04 AM.
    Retrofits: FL taillights / MMI 3G & 3G+/ Color Cluster & FL S5 Cluster/ BiXenon/ ADS Lite
    Other: ECU Tune/ VCDS Tweaks/ FL Gearknob/ Soundproofing/ Interior 6D Carbon Wrap/ Rieger Rep Front Bumper Valance/ Basic sound(8) upgrade to "ASS"(9+1) + B/O Tweeters + Activsub/ Efficiency Prog via Cluster & Gateway flash/ Sideskirts/ Window Tint/ Wsp Peeler reps/ License plate & Interior leds

AZ Member #

sorry for the delay, i just checked the forum today.
    The red power wire is imbedded within the RCA plug.
    So you just connect the yellow rca plugs and tie the red power wire at the camera and purple wire at the front.

ignore the black wire- that is for tapping the rear light for manual transmission I think.

The rest is plug and play

You can hide the unit in the dash next to screen and not even route into the glove box
    I routed it to the glovebox by popping out the glove box light and bringing the wires in.
    I just wanted it easier to troubleshoot, in case I needed to. (I havent)

The picture quality is really good. and the guide lines move with the steering wheel.
    Great addition to the car!

Quote Originally Posted by NewDirection View Post
    Hey AudiTLC,

I'm about to attempt this tomorrow. I think I also have the kit that does not require tapping a fuse.

Did you follow the instructions included by Eron exactly?

I'm a bit unclear on how power gets to the camera. My understanding is this:

1. At the back of the car, I connect the stubby red wire (coming off the RCA cable) to the red wire on the power cable coming off the same camera harness.

2. At the front of the car I connect the red stubby wire coming off the other (front of car) end of the RCA cable to the purple wire coming off the module harness.

What I don't understand is, how does power get from the front of the car to the camera? Does it run in the same sheath as the RCA cable? Am I missing a step?

And what is the purpose of the black wire coming off the power cable near the camera?

Thanks in advance,
    NewD
    B8 2.0T QTip
    B6 3.0 QTip Avant

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I have a 16 with Nav (MMI) and and started to install the kit form ERON.

How does the the LCD get the signal ? the instructions are unclear and there isn't a harness that plugs into the back of the LCD.

Edit - Ive tried contacting ERON and no answer
    Last edited by SLine06A4; 03-11-2018 at 10:53 AM.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

You can look at the harness here: https://youtu.be/TlAjnSj18iw?t=6m3s

You plug the cable that goes into the LCD into this harness and then the harness into the back of the LCD. The other, third connector connects to the control unit.

Make sense?
    B5 A4 -> B8 A4 -> B8 S4

Active Member Two Rings Silverknife's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi A4, BMW 320i

Quote Originally Posted by kayroccs View Post
    Hi everyone,

Is this camera compatible with a Premium Trim?
    https://www.carsgadget.com/ This online store in USA has backup cameras for all Audi models. Great quality and customer support. It's beed 2 years since i installed their system, still works great.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi A4, BMW 320i

Quote Originally Posted by RKsilver View Post
    Let us know if you get guidelines moving.. my'n does not move either :)
    Have you figured it out?

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Still no, sry.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi A4, BMW 320i

Quote Originally Posted by RKsilver View Post
    Still no, sry.
    You can ask this question to CARSGADGET customer support at info.carsgadget@gmail.com. They can guide you through the troubleshooting process. There are really nice guys up there, when i had some questions they responded super fast to me.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Got my kit installed today and I am very satisfied. Total installation was around 3.5 hours. Picture quality is great and Eron was very helpful and fast with shipping and responses. I was a bit worried having to splice the trigger wire because my car is a manual but it turned out great.

AZ Member #

Mine died within a month or so of install.
    Eron said to send it back- but just didnt have time until recently but no response from him

It would be nice to have the backup cam, miss it now that it doesnt work...
    B8 2.0T QTip
    B6 3.0 QTip Avant

AZ Member #

I have just changed the rear camera because after a month or so it stopped working (black screen). My advice is to be careful when washing your car because this cheap rear cameras (chinese not oem) are not so water resistant as the manufacturer declares.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314