Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!

Here you go. I had some GoPro footage, but the video stopped recording mid filming, so I'll get to that tomorrow!

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by ukentho View Post

Here you go. I had some GoPro footage, but the video stopped recording mid filming, so I'll get to that tomorrow!
    thanks for the video and a drive by in and outside the car would be nice if you can. i only did the straight pipes in the front for now. i started out with the mid suitcase xpipe mod and it really didnt do much for the car but gave it low end drone. so i switched it to the fronts and put back on my suitcase and i like that setup more. oem quite until you get on it and then you can only hear it about 10% louder. lol are you getting any drone?
    C7

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by ichi d View Post
    thanks for the video and a drive by in and outside the car would be nice if you can. i only did the straight pipes in the front for now. I started out with the mid suitcase xpipe mod and it really didnt do much for the car but gave it low end drone. so i switched it to the fronts and put back on my suitcase and i like that setup more. oem quite until you get on it and then you can only hear it about 10% louder. lol are you getting any drone?
    D is still quiet without noticed drone during normal driving. When I get on it, it's awesome. Sport and manual are great. Like a lot of people said, hard to really express in words or media. I'll definitely get some footage for the inside and outside regardless. For now, I can't complain, because by the time I add the x-pipe I'll still be in it for less than $400 (USD). The sound now matches the car and I just wanna drive the brakes out of it.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Ive missed it ukentho, what mufflers in the back? Sound nice
    Currently: 2016 black S6
    Sold: 2012 A7 Sline stage 2

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 a4, 2015 s4

15 s6, initially had small resonators switched to xpipe and center suitcase delete, wasn't loud enough. I then changed the rear mufflers to 14inch "pypes" resonators. Now it sounds exactly what I want in s mode, drones when it switches to 4cyl mode though. https://youtu.be/LUqTjzYe6_U

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 a4, 2015 s4

Same config, but car is in my garage, https://youtu.be/69xmhNzqPKI

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Mighted1987 View Post
    Ive missed it ukentho, what mufflers in the back? Sound nice
    0813181359_HDR.jpeg

Here's an in progress picture. I never snagged a picture of the complete work

Straight Pipe.png

Diagram

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by mintytoo View Post
    15 s6, initially had small resonators switched to xpipe and center suitcase delete, wasn't loud enough. I then changed the rear mufflers to 14inch "pypes" resonators. Now it sounds exactly what I want in s mode, drones when it switches to 4cyl mode though. https://youtu.be/LUqTjzYe6_U
    Interesting. Sounds pretty good

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 a4, 2015 s4

Quote Originally Posted by ukentho View Post
    Interesting. Sounds pretty good
    I really enjoy it, don't even need the bass upgrade that I did the week before. My car looks about like this, except whiteFB_IMG_15318434513490726.jpg

AZ Member #

Doesn’t sound good
    Last edited by teghogh; 01-30-2019 at 05:33 PM.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by teghogh View Post
    Just removed the center resonator replaced with x pipe on s6 with sport exhaust Too much drone with windows down. I have lost the v8 rumble. The car sounds like a v6. And under full throttle it sounds like a vacuum cleaner.

Can you post a video? just curious to hear what you mean

I just have the APR DP with HF cats currently with the 16' sport exhaust and sounds good. I been debating to do the X pipe but now I have my doubts.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

A lot of this thread is on S6/S7/RS6-7, I have a stock 2016 A7 3.0 gas, and I want some aggressive sound.

Anybody got a clip of a A6 or A7 with the front resonators removed and a center x-pipe added?

I'm afraid that if I just do the center x-pipe, that it wont be enough diff since its not sport exhaust.

Are there any kind of valves on the A7's for dynamic mode?

Thanks
    John

AZ Member #

On idle it sounds really good. More v8 rumble. Consistent with every other video. It does sound louder as others said. Noticeably so but it’s not good sound to me it’s just loud and droney. Under full throttle it just sounds like high psi air coming out of the exhaust which is baffling to me. I’m not sure how it sounds from outside. Even if it sounds mean from outside, it has Totaly ruined the sound on the inside so not worth it for me. Going to change it back tomorrow

Senior Member Three Rings MadAboutCars's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    MY18 Audi RS6 P, MY18 Audi SQ5,MY16 Audi S6 (sold), MY12 Audi Q7 4.2L TDI S-line (sold)

Just removed the center resonator replaced with x pipe on s6 with sport exhaust Too much drone with windows down. I have lost the v8 rumble. The car sounds like a v6. And under full throttle it sounds like a vacuum cleaner.
    Personally I think that place for the X pipe is too far back. Had I done this, I was always going to get the H pipe fitted, as the gases aren't forced to mix the same.
    2018 Audi RS6 Performance - Floret Silver, Titanium styling package, 21" titanium 5 V spoke wheels, Dunlop SP Sport Maxx GT 285/30/21, Black sports seats, Carbon inlays, Sports diff, Sport exhaust, Matrix LED headlights, 360 camera, Head up display, Active lane/side assist with adaptive cruise control, Park assist, Privacy glass, Electric tailgate with foot open

Mods: Dura-Seal exterior/interior, Audi Sport door lights

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Hey guys, so I have an A7 with the sport package. Does this mean that I have a sport exhaust also? I too have been thinking about doing the x pipe installation.

Established Member Two Rings blinx9900's Avatar
    AZ Member #

On idle it sounds really good. More v8 rumble. Consistent with every other video. It does sound louder as others said. Noticeably so but it’s not good sound to me it’s just loud and droney. Under full throttle it just sounds like high psi air coming out of the exhaust which is baffling to me. I’m not sure how it sounds from outside. Even if it sounds mean from outside, it has Totaly ruined the sound on the inside so not worth it for me. Going to change it back tomorrow
    I put my resonated xpipe where the 2 small resonators are and straight piped the center resonator. Minimal drone on accell low rpm low throttle, full throttle is beastly with good rumble.

https://youtu.be/idZmAH-rIWE

Veteran Member Four Rings RAF_S7's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by blinx9900 View Post
    I put my resonated xpipe where the 2 small resonators are and straight piped the center resonator. Minimal drone on accell low rpm low throttle, full throttle is beastly with good rumble.

https://youtu.be/idZmAH-rIWE
    This actually sounds really good

I’ve been reluctant to X-Pipe the front resonators as there is not much support there, and they are close to the flexi-joint.

I notice your running the sports exhaust set up, which probably helps as the rear mufflers are free flowing.

Anyone else got this set up with regular rear mufflers? I’m tempted to try changing mine around
    2016 S7 Sepang Blue ///Matrix//Bose//Self Park//Lane Assist//ACC//F&R parking cams//Blackvue DR650//Phone Box//Sunroof//Privacy glass//Carbon mirrors//Neidfaktor Steering wheel//RS Knob//OEM RS Grill//Suntek PPF//De-chromed//Roc-Euro//Modded Exhaust//Cete ASC v2 installed//APR Stage 1 & TSU//Eventuri CF intake//
    Gone: 2014 Audi A7Q 3.0 TFSI
    Gone: 2011 Audi A6Q 2.8 TFSI

AZ Member #

Ok we all know the sports exhaust sounds good. But I think most people on here is trying to find a solution for the c7 non sport. And frankly doing the xpipe and removing the fronts res don't give it the same effect as the sports. Waste of time and money Imo.
    C7

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2010 MDX Advance pkg, a workbench

Quote Originally Posted by RAF_S7 View Post
    This actually sounds really good

I’ve been reluctant to X-Pipe the front resonators as there is not much support there, and they are close to the flexi-joint.

I notice your running the sports exhaust set up, which probably helps as the rear mufflers are free flowing.

Anyone else got this set up with regular rear mufflers? I’m tempted to try changing mine around
    I did but found that the sound was still too quiet and put on used sport mufflers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -------
    2014 S6 - Stage 3, AMS downpipes with custom exhaust
    2013 S4 - Dual Pulley e85 - sold

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Ok we all know the sports exhaust sounds good. But I think most people on here is trying to find a solution for the c7 non sport. And frankly doing the xpipe and removing the fronts res don't give it the same effect as the sports. Waste of time and money Imo.
    That's exactly what i'm trying to figure out.
    Will it sound better is I straight pipe the 2 front small resonators and replace center large one with a Magnaflow x-pipe and still have the stock mufflers at the back?

Just looking for a cheap mod for now, as i'm putting out a lot of cash to lower it and get the APR tune in

thanks
    John

AZ Member #

Mine sounded the same.
    Last edited by teghogh; 01-30-2019 at 06:23 PM.

Established Member Two Rings blinx9900's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Mine sounded the same. I replaced the suitcase with an x pipe. I drive always with all windows down. I agree there isn’t much of a drone with windows up and I’m sure it sounds good on the outside. But inside, it just sounded loud. Not good loud just loud. In my opinion it sport exhaust sounds rich with a good tone and the mod took that away and made it loud. Not to mention you can’t hear the DCT downshift noises and well as the “supercharge” like noise from the turbos. I went back to stock and I think the sport exhaust complements the V8 and the car quite well. This is coming from a guy that has straight piped z06s and loved it. On this car the tone deaf loudness takes away from the experience.
    Try deleting the 2 small resonators. They could be working overtime. My friends gtr droned like all hell when he put a cat back on it. Ditched the cats an the drone disappeared. Gtr cats are located in the same spot as S7 small resonators. Its not science but it worked. I’m saying ditch the 2 small resonators and NOT the cats just to be clear.

Senior Member Three Rings MadAboutCars's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    MY18 Audi RS6 P, MY18 Audi SQ5,MY16 Audi S6 (sold), MY12 Audi Q7 4.2L TDI S-line (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by John442 View Post
    That's exactly what i'm trying to figure out.
    Will it sound better is I straight pipe the 2 front small resonators and replace center large one with a Magnaflow x-pipe and still have the stock mufflers at the back?

Just looking for a cheap mod for now, as i'm putting out a lot of cash to lower it and get the APR tune in

thanks
    John
    If you are removing the front resonators, put the x-pipe there and straight pipe the center section. See blinx9900's video above.
    2018 Audi RS6 Performance - Floret Silver, Titanium styling package, 21" titanium 5 V spoke wheels, Dunlop SP Sport Maxx GT 285/30/21, Black sports seats, Carbon inlays, Sports diff, Sport exhaust, Matrix LED headlights, 360 camera, Head up display, Active lane/side assist with adaptive cruise control, Park assist, Privacy glass, Electric tailgate with foot open

Mods: Dura-Seal exterior/interior, Audi Sport door lights

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by MadAboutCars View Post
    If you are removing the front resonators, put the x-pipe there and straight pipe the center section. See blinx9900's video above.
    OK , Thanks for the direction.
    I have appointment at the custom muffler shop tomorrow morning and have booked an APR stage 1 for the afternoon,,,,,, cant wait!

will report back tomorrow nite.

Now I just need to find a used set of sport mufflers off a s/rs 6or7.

Cheers

John

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

OK , Thanks for the direction.
    I have appointment at the custom muffler shop tomorrow morning and have booked an APR stage 1 for the afternoon,,,,,, cant wait!

will report back tomorrow nite.

Now I just need to find a used set of sport mufflers off a s/rs 6or7.

Cheers

John
    How are you liking the sound? I'm in the same boat as you, got a C7 S7 with the standard exhaust and curious to hear what this mod does to the exhaust tone and volume. Planning on doing the suitcase remove first

Thanks,
    Mark

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by mark_dxb View Post
    How are you liking the sound? I'm in the same boat as you, got a C7 S7 with the standard exhaust and curious to hear what this mod does to the exhaust tone and volume. Planning on doing the suitcase remove first

Thanks,
    Mark
    Soooooo…………… spent $525 at the exhaust shop yesterday.
    Had them remove the 2 small front resonators and put the X-pipe there(supposedly less drone) and then remove and straight-pipe the center suitcase resonator and left the stock A7 mufflers in place.
    Cant say I'm happy with the sound, Its better than stock, but not what im going for.
    Sounds more like a "rice rocket" honda or wrx. :-(
    Was hoping it sounded better, but you get what you pay for.

Don't really notice it unless your aggressive on the pedal. I expected more.
    I guess the stock mufflers supress a lot of noise.

So now I guess I need to find a set of sport mufflers off a S6/RS7 or throw on some aftermarket mufflers??? Magnaflow?

this is the sound on going for..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-LR3LKRfIk
    This guy put in the catback Magnaflow 19159 apparently .
    https://www.hottexhaust.com/Magnaflow_19159

Since I already gutted all the resonators and added X-pipe, should be able to just add the Magnaflow mufflers separately instead of the whole cat back system and get this sound ...ish??

thoughts?
    JOHN

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Anyone have a link to the x-pipe?

AZ Member #

Soooooo…………… spent $525 at the exhaust shop yesterday.
    Had them remove the 2 small front resonators and put the X-pipe there(supposedly less drone) and then remove and straight-pipe the center suitcase resonator and left the stock A7 mufflers in place.
    Cant say I'm happy with the sound, Its better than stock, but not what im going for.
    Sounds more like a "rice rocket" honda or wrx. :-(
    Was hoping it sounded better, but you get what you pay for.

Don't really notice it unless your aggressive on the pedal. I expected more.
    I guess the stock mufflers supress a lot of noise.

So now I guess I need to find a set of sport mufflers off a S6/RS7 or throw on some aftermarket mufflers??? Magnaflow?

this is the sound on going for..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-LR3LKRfIk
    This guy put in the catback Magnaflow 19159 apparently .
    https://www.hottexhaust.com/Magnaflow_19159

Since I already gutted all the resonators and added X-pipe, should be able to just add the Magnaflow mufflers separately instead of the whole cat back system and get this sound ...ish??

thoughts?
    JOHN
    do you have a a7 or s7? and like my previous post i told you if you dont have the sports exhaust its a waste of time and money.
    C7

Veteran Member Three Rings s4nicetry's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Has anyone just straight piped over the suitcase and left the rest? If so I'd love to hear it, especially if you have dp's as well. I don't want to do an x-pipe as I think it will just impede the flow, and being a pre-facelift S6 it doesn't have the muffler cut off valve that needs some sort of cross over to redirect flow.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

do you have a a7 or s7? and like my previous post i told you if you dont have the sports exhaust its a waste of time and money.
    I see hat post now, lol,,,,oops
    yes mine is a stock A7
    nor I just need to replace the mufflers I guess.

john

AZ Member #

I see hat post now, lol,,,,oops
    yes mine is a stock A7
    nor I just need to replace the mufflers I guess.

john
    Ya but the 3.0t vs the 4.0t will have different results. I think the 3.0t is more acceptable to drone.
    C7

Established Member Two Rings Swirv's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2017 Audi S6

Quote Originally Posted by s4nicetry View Post
    Has anyone just straight piped over the suitcase and left the rest? If so I'd love to hear it, especially if you have dp's as well. I don't want to do an x-pipe as I think it will just impede the flow, and being a pre-facelift S6 it doesn't have the muffler cut off valve that needs some sort of cross over to redirect flow.
    I know this doesn’t exactly answer your question but I have straight pipes my S6 with the exception of still running stock downpipes (cats).

Took a cold start and couple revs video.

https://youtu.be/tcb30Snxxko

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    2017 S6 | White Ext. | Arras Red Int. | S6 Sport Pkg. | Black Optics Pkg. | Driver's Assit. Pkg.

Veteran Member Three Rings s4nicetry's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Swirv View Post
    I know this doesn’t exactly answer your question but I have straight pipes my S6 with the exception of still running stock downpipes (cats).

Took a cold start and couple revs video.

https://youtu.be/tcb30Snxxko

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Thank you, sounds badass! I would like mine to be a little quieter though.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456