Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 236 of 240 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238 ... LastLast
Results 9,401 to 9,440 of 9592
    Senior Member Four Rings Ford Prefect's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 Silver S4, Mercedes Benz R350 ('07 & '11), Suzuki SV1000

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Acejam View Post
    Facebook marketplace for $750. I might have two of them refinished due to some very light curb rash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice pick-up! Great price!

I ask because Iím in NH. I almost never see them local.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Veteran Member Four Rings Acejam's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Ford Prefect View Post
    Nice pick-up! Great price!

I ask because Iím in NH. I almost never see them local.

Yeah they are super hard to find local. Easy to find on the forums for $2000 + shipping though.

Know any decent wheel refinishing shops in the area besides RimPro?

2014 Brilliant Black S4
    DSG / Prestige / Black Optics / Sport Diff / B&O / Carbon Atlas Inlays / Magma Leather
    Modifications: APR Stage 2 Dual Pulley + TCU, JHM 187mm Crank Pulley, APR Open Intake, APR CPS, AWE Touring Exhaust (90mm Silver), ECS 10mm/12.5mm Spacers, 034 Mount Inserts, Hawk HPS 5.0, Rotors w/ PSS (Summer), Peelers w/ LM-32's (Winter)

Active Member Three Rings hellovaras's Avatar
    AZ Member #

"Installed" honeycomb fog light grill covers. Debating changing the grill to an RS4 type honeycomb. Thoughts?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by hellovaras; 01-21-2019 at 05:59 PM.
    2013 Monsoon Grey B8.5 S4 6MT | ECS CF Wing | ECS CF Front Lip | Canyon Run-15 Strut Brace | ECS Front Strut Tower Bar | Injen CAI | ECS Center X-Pipe | 034 Motorsports Rear Sway Bar | ECS Tuning Lower Control Arm Brace | Ziza Interior Light Kit | Luft-Technik Intake Air Scoop | ECS CF Antenna Cover | ECS CF Rear Diffuser | Chipwerke Pro Stage 1 |Do Tinted Windows Count?

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Where did you get the honeycomb fog light grill covers.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Black s5 View Post
    Where did you get the honeycomb fog light grill covers.
    Ebay, here you go
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-2016-A...72.m2749.l2649
    2013 Monsoon Grey B8.5 S4 6MT | ECS CF Wing | ECS CF Front Lip | Canyon Run-15 Strut Brace | ECS Front Strut Tower Bar | Injen CAI | ECS Center X-Pipe | 034 Motorsports Rear Sway Bar | ECS Tuning Lower Control Arm Brace | Ziza Interior Light Kit | Luft-Technik Intake Air Scoop | ECS CF Antenna Cover | ECS CF Rear Diffuser | Chipwerke Pro Stage 1 |Do Tinted Windows Count?

Veteran Member Four Rings bmoreS4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Couple Audis and a VW

Quote Originally Posted by hellovaras View Post
    How was the quaility and fit?
    2001.5 B5 S4 - Stage 3 on Meth -- Thanks to Brad and Country Dubs
    2014 B8.5 S4 - EPL Stage 2 / EPL TCU
    2018 Atlas SEL Premium - Black on Black - Black Wheel Package
    Cheap/Fast/Reliable - Pick Two

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreS4 View Post
    How was the quaility and fit?
    Quality = 7, its plastic
    Fit = 6. By that I mean that it fits and snaps into place, but seems not as secure as the OEM. At the same time, I do not think they are going to pop out as I tried to pop them off with a little bit of force.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 S4, 2018 Ford F-150, 2019 Mercedes-AMG GLC 63

Did a little wiring.

The driverís seatbelt buckle is connected again. And the car thinks that the seat airbag is connected. One more fault on the driverís side (seat position sensor) and then I can copy it over to the passenger side.

2016 S4 P+ | 6MT | Sports Diff. | Tech. Package

S4 Build Thread

Active Member Two Rings kgariba's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quality = 7, its plastic
    Fit = 6. By that I mean that it fits and snaps into place, but seems not as secure as the OEM. At the same time, I do not think they are going to pop out as I tried to pop them off with a little bit of force.
    I actually just ordered these two whiskers the other day... Will post a pic once installed but decided to order these to match better with the black optics OEM grille (I don't have the rest of the black optics pckg so it always looked a little off although i love the grille itself).

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-part...022928ecs01kt/

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by kgariba View Post
    I actually just ordered these two whiskers the other day... Will post a pic once installed but decided to order these to match better with the black optics OEM grille (I don't have the rest of the black optics pckg so it always looked a little off although i love the grille itself).

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-part...022928ecs01kt/
    I want to get the other piece, that goes on top but ECS wants $350. I just can't do it.

Active Member Two Rings kgariba's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I want to get the other piece, that goes on top but ECS wants $350. I just can't do it.

I know, a little ridiculous of a price. However, my car is basically stock so those other top pieces would just look awkward and overdone anyway.

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by DBFL View Post
    Did a little wiring.

The driverís seatbelt buckle is connected again. And the car thinks that the seat airbag is connected. One more fault on the driverís side (seat position sensor) and then I can copy it over to the passenger side.

Im having issues with my seats throwing codes too. Would you mind making a right up onremoving the airbag and seat occupancy lights? Or can you sell me a set already made please? Lol

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Slick_B8 View Post
    Im having issues with my seats throwing codes too. Would you mind making a right up onremoving the airbag and seat occupancy lights? Or can you sell me a set already made please? Lol
    Iím planning to post everything when Iím finally done.

Taking out the factory seats causes 7 faults:
    Driver seat airbag ignitor
    Driver seatbelt
    Driver seat position sensor
    Passenger seat airbag ignitor
    Passenger seatbelt
    Passenger seat position sensor
    Passenger seat occupancy sensor

So far Iíve only worked on the driver side airbag ignitor and seatbelt. The airbag is simple. Just a plug and two wires with a resistor. A little soldering, some heat shrink tube, and tape (to make it look nice because I have OCD). The seatbelt is two wires and two connectors. I opted to buy new connectors and wires instead of canabalizing my stock seats.

The passenger seat airbag is identical and Iíve already made the plug with the resistor. The seatbelt is different. It has 5 wires instead of 2. The extra 3 go to the seat occupancy module. The seat occupancy sensor plugs into the same module. You canít replace the module since it has component protection. So Iíll end up taking that module off the stock seat and using it. The problem is that you canít buy the seat occupancy sensor from Audi. They only sell it as part of the bottom half of the seat assembly (like $600 for the least expensive compatible part). I found some on eBay that might work and theyíre only $35. Itís basically a bladder, like a small whoopie cushion, with a tube that goes to a pressure sensor. Iím then going to put the bladder under the seat foam of the Recaro seats, just like in the stock ones.

The real issue is going to be the seat position sensors. There is a sensor in each seat rail that tells the airbag system where the seat is so it can decide whether or not to deploy the airbags for each seat. If youíre sitting too close to the airbag itís not supposed to deploy. Audi is using a hall effect sensor for this. There should be magnets in the seat rails. Iím not sure how many magnets Audi uses, or how far apart they are placed. The system then, in theory, will send out tiny voltage pulses and depending on where the seat is, it will return a different reading. Iíd rather not destroy my factory seat rails to figure this part out. I was hoping to install the sensors and have them function normally, but I may just get a set and wire them in and make the system think that the seat is far enough back to deploy the front airbags in any collision. But once again, Audi doesnít sell these sensors individually. The driver side only comes with the entire wire harness, and the passenger side only comes with the lower half of the seat. So itíll be either eBay or a junkyard for these also.

Considering that all 7 faults show up in a scan of the airbag module, my theory is that the airbag light will not go off until all 7 faults are fixed. I have no doubt that Iíll be able to get it done with another hour or two of testing and soldering. But Iím prepping to go to Sebring this weekend, and then Iíll be doing another track weekend in Miami the weekend after. Iím hoping to have time to do it before Miami, but if not itíll be the week after.

And yes, a bit of this can be disabled through VCDS, but there would probably be some negative effects in the event of a crash.

S4 Build Thread

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by DBFL View Post
    Iím planning to post everything when Iím finally done.

Taking out the factory seats causes 7 faults:
    Driver seat airbag ignitor
    Driver seatbelt
    Driver seat position sensor
    Passenger seat airbag ignitor
    Passenger seatbelt
    Passenger seat position sensor
    Passenger seat occupancy sensor

So far Iíve only worked on the driver side airbag ignitor and seatbelt. The airbag is simple. Just a plug and two wires with a resistor. A little soldering, some heat shrink tube, and tape (to make it look nice because I have OCD). The seatbelt is two wires and two connectors. I opted to buy new connectors and wires instead of canabalizing my stock seats.

The passenger seat airbag is identical and Iíve already made the plug with the resistor. The seatbelt is different. It has 5 wires instead of 2. The extra 3 go to the seat occupancy module. The seat occupancy sensor plugs into the same module. You canít replace the module since it has component protection. So Iíll end up taking that module off the stock seat and using it. The problem is that you canít buy the seat occupancy sensor from Audi. They only sell it as part of the bottom half of the seat assembly (like $600 for the least expensive compatible part). I found some on eBay that might work and theyíre only $35. Itís basically a bladder, like a small whoopie cushion, with a tube that goes to a pressure sensor. Iím then going to put the bladder under the seat foam of the Recaro seats, just like in the stock ones.

The real issue is going to be the seat position sensors. There is a sensor in each seat rail that tells the airbag system where the seat is so it can decide whether or not to deploy the airbags for each seat. If youíre sitting too close to the airbag itís not supposed to deploy. Audi is using a hall effect sensor for this. There should be magnets in the seat rails. Iím not sure how many magnets Audi uses, or how far apart they are placed. The system then, in theory, will send out tiny voltage pulses and depending on where the seat is, it will return a different reading. Iíd rather not destroy my factory seat rails to figure this part out. I was hoping to install the sensors and have them function normally, but I may just get a set and wire them in and make the system think that the seat is far enough back to deploy the front airbags in any collision. But once again, Audi doesnít sell these sensors individually. The driver side only comes with the entire wire harness, and the passenger side only comes with the lower half of the seat. So itíll be either eBay or a junkyard for these also.

Considering that all 7 faults show up in a scan of the airbag module, my theory is that the airbag light will not go off until all 7 faults are fixed. I have no doubt that Iíll be able to get it done with another hour or two of testing and soldering. But Iím prepping to go to Sebring this weekend, and then Iíll be doing another track weekend in Miami the weekend after. Iím hoping to have time to do it before Miami, but if not itíll be the week after.

And yes, a bit of this can be disabled through VCDS, but there would probably be some negative effects in the event of a crash.
    really appreciate this info brother. In regards to resistors, what resistor did you use for the seat airbag?

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Slick_B8 View Post
    really appreciate this info brother. In regards to resistors, what resistor did you use for the seat airbag?
    3.3OHM, 1/2W.
    A pack of 100 was $6.63 on Amazon. So I have 98 extra. The airbag connector has three wires. One is ground and isnít needed. The resistor connects the other two.

Edit: I bought a seat occupancy sensor/bladder and a wire harness off eBay. Iím waiting for another seller to respond to a question and then Iíll buy the other harness. Total was like $70. The two harnesses will have all the connectors needed except for the airbag connector. So this can be done for under $100 total. I just have to wait for these parts to arrive and then Iíll finish my harnesses and be free of the airbag light.

S4 Build Thread

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

painted my rear diffuser gloss black. well, a man did.

loving it.

Last edited by yeasayer; 01-24-2019 at 03:34 PM.

Established Member Two Rings 944thomas's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by yeasayer View Post

loving it.
    tfsi?
    B8 S4
    944 Turbo

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    08 A4 Avant, 05 Silver S4 2.7t swap

Quote Originally Posted by 944thomas View Post
    tfsi?
    Aussie badging.

Veteran Member Four Rings Audi 4 Life's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    06 D3 A8 Black/peanut with alcantara

Quote Originally Posted by yeasayer View Post

loving it.
    I did this as well. Excellent Mod i highly reccomend doing the front sline/s4 center oem valemce peice. It comes chrome on S4 or they sell another peice oem that is grey you can paint just the same as the rear valence and it matches perfect with the rear.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
    RIP - JHM B6 3.0 6MTQ USP Denim Blue/Black w/ Nappa Silver
    Current- B8 2.0t Ibis white/black

AKA: A4QuattroV6

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Audi 4 Life View Post
    I did this as well. Excellent Mod i highly reccomend doing the front sline/s4 center oem valemce peice. It comes chrome on S4 or they sell another peice oem that is grey you can paint just the same as the rear valence and it matches perfect with the rear.

yeh, i'll be painting the front valance and foglight covers/grills gloss black next to match the rear diffuser and the RS grille.

also ordered one of these to have a play with. thinking i might cut it up and only use four of the fins evenly spaced out between the exhausts...
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/33-x6-Ikon-...8oMn:rk:1:pf:0

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by jbain2 View Post
    Aussie badging.
    correct. think i might get rid of the TFSI and quattro badges this weekend. maybe the V6T's too.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by jbain2 View Post
    Aussie badging.

Mine didn't come with this.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by doanut View Post
    Mine didn't come with this.
    actually, looks like you are correct. had a look on carsales au and none of the B8's have this. guess mine was added by a previous owner.

Veteran Member Four Rings LeadToRome's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I'm trying to figure out what it stands for. No clue.

edit: huh.

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by LeadToRome View Post
    I'm trying to figure out what it stands for. No clue.

edit: huh.
    The S4 is NOT a TFSI, so that is incorrect badging.

EDIT: Okay, I have to take that back. While the S4 shouldn't be a TFSI, it seems that Audi deems that it is. Someone needs to explain to me why Audi equates a supercharger with being a turbocharged engine.....

Senior Member Four Rings maty360414's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Blacked out emblems

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    '13 S4 | EPL Dual Pulley Water/Meth | EPL TCU | AEM W/M | Tampa Ported S/C | iABED TB | JHM 187 | MercRacing HX/Divorced | Becker TestPipes | AutoTech HPFP | Roc Euro Intake | ECS Trans Mount | ECS F/R Diff Mount | H&R Super Sport Springs | CR-15 | Drilled & Slotted Rotors | Vertini RF 1.3 | Michelin PS4S | Sport Diff | Akebono Pads | 1Res 1NonRes X-Pipe | RS Grill | Spoiler/Diffuser | RS4 Bumper | J-Code | 11.28@124.2 MPH

Established Member Two Rings B8A4Kevin14's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by maty360414 View Post
    Blacked out emblems

What diffuser is that?

Sent from my

Senior Member Four Rings maty360414's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by B8A4Kevin14 View Post
    What diffuser is that?

Sent from my
    The one they posted like 6 posts above

'13 S4 | EPL Dual Pulley Water/Meth | EPL TCU | AEM W/M | Tampa Ported S/C | iABED TB | JHM 187 | MercRacing HX/Divorced | Becker TestPipes | AutoTech HPFP | Roc Euro Intake | ECS Trans Mount | ECS F/R Diff Mount | H&R Super Sport Springs | CR-15 | Drilled & Slotted Rotors | Vertini RF 1.3 | Michelin PS4S | Sport Diff | Akebono Pads | 1Res 1NonRes X-Pipe | RS Grill | Spoiler/Diffuser | RS4 Bumper | J-Code | 11.28@124.2 MPH

AZ Member #

Got her in service mode last night to realize i purchased the electric steering goddamn tensioner..
    At least when i get home she'll be ready to GO!

Established Member Two Rings vkarcha23's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2007 Audi A4

Did a little facelift & wrapped her in grey with a gloss black roof. Now I just need to get new shoes

IMG_1754.JPGIMG_1750.JPGIMG_1755.JPG

White 2014 Audi S4 with Peelers, CTS Intake, Single Pulley 179mm, Milltek Non Res Exhaust (Oval tips), ST Coilovers, Stoptech Rotors, & EBC Yellowstuff Pads
    WTB: 194-200mm pulley, Throttle body, Heat Exchanger, Meth kit, CF Mirror Caps........

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by vkarcha23 View Post
    Did a little facelift & wrapped her in grey with a gloss black roof. Now I just need to get new shoes

WOW! That looks fantastic!

Registered Member One Ring HokieS4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Picked up my new to me 2014 Silver S4 with sport diff today from the dealer after work. I then proceeded on a 3 hour drive for a weekend ski trip. The final climb up the mountain was awesome with the switchbacks.

Senior Member Three Rings ElectroMike's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 S4 M/T

Quote Originally Posted by rustyrizzo View Post
    How necessary is it to change the ignition coils at 55k? Is just doing the spark plugs fine? How do I know when the ignition coils are ready to be replaced?
    I highly recommend replacing the coils as well.

With age the epoxy coating on the coils dries out and develops tiny spider cracks, when moisture in the air gets into these cracks and when it's humid out, especially during rain, you start to misfire on cold starts. This happened with my VW, my previous B7 Audi and this S4 as well, hence why it was time to replace them.

In a pinch, you can get some high temp epoxy and recoat the tops (after drying them out real well with a hair dryer) and it can last you years. I've done that in the past and this gets more life out of them, then the same happens again.
    2014 S4 - Glacier White Metallic | 6MT | Rear Sports Differential

Veteran Member Four Rings Audi 4 Life's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    06 D3 A8 Black/peanut with alcantara

Quote Originally Posted by hilmar2k View Post
    The S4 is NOT a TFSI, so that is incorrect badging.

EDIT: Okay, I have to take that back. While the S4 shouldn't be a TFSI, it seems that Audi deems that it is. Someone needs to explain to me why Audi equates a supercharger with being a turbocharged engine.....
    TFSI and FSI is the acronyms for the direct injection that audi uses on all their motor these fays and has for the past decade or more on most of their cars.

RIP - JHM B6 3.0 6MTQ USP Denim Blue/Black w/ Nappa Silver
    Current- B8 2.0t Ibis white/black

AKA: A4QuattroV6

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Audi 4 Life View Post
    TFSI and FSI is the acronyms for the direct injection that audi uses on all their motor these fays and has for the past decade or more on most of their cars.

Yeah, I know that. It's the "T" for "turbo" that I have an issue with.

Senior Member Two Rings 03redgti's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Where did you purchase the bumper from? looks amazing!
    2013 S4 | Glacier White | Chestnut Brown Interior 1/13 | IE Stage 2 | IE Intake | JHM V2 Test Pipes | Custom Magnaflow Exhaust | Solo-Werks S1 | VMR v706 19x9.5 | Continental DWS |

Veteran Member Four Rings jygesq's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1986 Honda CH 150 D scooter bought new

Drove to price chopper for bagels.On the way home I drove alongside a red dodge pickup truck, dual exhausts and a hood scoop. No attempt to race,I just hit the gas pedal and felt the satisfaction of a supercharged wolf in sheeps clothing.It is always a blast to drive!
    2015 S4, P+, Florett Silver,black /silver nappa leather, S-tronic ,sport diff,B&O ,tech package ,supercharged badges. All season tires ,cargo net, factory dip stick

Veteran Member Four Rings jygesq's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1986 Honda CH 150 D scooter bought new

Quote Originally Posted by HokieS4 View Post
    Picked up my new to me 2014 Silver S4 with sport diff today from the dealer after work. I then proceeded on a 3 hour drive for a weekend ski trip. The final climb up the mountain was awesome with the switchbacks.
    What tires on your new ride ?
    2015 S4, P+, Florett Silver,black /silver nappa leather, S-tronic ,sport diff,B&O ,tech package ,supercharged badges. All season tires ,cargo net, factory dip stick

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Suuuuuper clean, man. Looks great. One thing though... you've got all the chrome blacked (awesome!), but you left the crash bar behind your grille alone? Why though? ;)

Also a thought... wrap those side/door blades to match the roof and chrome delete, maybe? I think I'm going to give that a try on my Ibis B8.

AZ Member #

Looks dope love it, wanted to purchase the bumper as well but shipping is ridiculously expensive
    Good job!

S4 B8.5 2014
    KW H.A.S. / EuroCode ‹SS Adjustable Sway Bar / AWE Touring Diamond Black / 034 Stage 2+ / DP 187mm / APR Stage II Carbon Back Pipe
    20 x 10 et35 StanceWheels SF01 [PowderCoated Diamond Black]

SOLD
    AUDI A4 B8 Premium Plus Sport:
    CTS k04/ APR k04 File / AWE Quad exhaust / FMIC: TR8
    VIP VRC 13 : 19X9.5 / Tires: 255/35/19 / Solo werks Coilovers / OE S4 Front Brake Upgrade Kit

Page 236 of 240 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238 ... LastLast