Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 205 of 205 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205
Results 8,161 to 8,172 of 8172
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Empty...for now...

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Meanwhile, I've never noticed a squeak or rattle from my dashboard.

Well....now I've said it...
    2015 Daytona Gray S4
    6MT / Sport Diff / B&O / Tech Pkg / Carbon Atlas / Black Alcantara
    Mods: S5 Rotors, Xpel Ultimate, 3M Color Stable Tint 35%, H&R Street Performance Coilovers, Euro Code Alu Kreuz, Eurocode Sway Bars+Endlinks, CR-15, Eurocode Meisterwerk ASTS, AWE Resonated Touring Exhaust, ECS Luft-Technik Intake, 034 Transmission Mount, HCX LED 3000k Fog Lights, Apikol Rear Diff Mount

Senior Member Three Rings USAF_Danny's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 Audi S4, 2017 Honda Civic EX

Quote Originally Posted by SteveYem View Post

Side note, did you ever fix/figure out the issue with your fuel consumption?
    YouTube: DV Motions | Instagram: daanny.vu

[]S4 | EPL Stage 2

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Empty...for now...

Quote Originally Posted by USAF_Danny View Post
    Side note, did you ever fix/figure out the issue with your fuel consumption?
    Maybe and maybe not. I had a known issue with my ECS carbon fiber intake tube, where the nipple for the PCV vent connection had broken loose from the tube so it was presumably no longer air-tight. Without really knowing much about anything I thought maybe that could contribute to erratic, stumbling idle and poor gas mileage. I was also using the filter that came with the ECS intake kit which is the oiled type, and I had cleaned and re-oiled the filter last fall because it looked like it was getting dirty - so there was the variable of maybe I over-oiled it and it is negatively affecting performance. I was pretty convinced one or both of these intake issues were causing the symptoms, but when I swapped the OEM intake back in for a couple weeks it didn't seem to improve anything.

Fast forward to last weekend, I installed a replacement carbon fiber intake tube from ECS and this time fitted an AFE Magnum Flow Pro Dry filter in place of the oiled ECS filter, and over the past ~5 days of driving I have noticed some improvement in the gas mileage that appears on the DIS (although I have not had a chance to fill up and see if there is any real world difference), as well as some improvement in the rough, stumbling idle. For science, I put the ECS filter back on and went for an extended test drive and noticed that the idle was a little rough again, so this leads me to believe that I may have over-oiled or somehow otherwise screwed up that filter.

But of course, the weather has been getting a bit warmer throughout this already unscientific process, so I'm sure increased ambient air temp can lend to higher gas mileage, so that's another variable. What I can say is that before I made these changes to the intake, the real-time mpg on the DIS would almost 100% of the time drop down to 5.0 mpg (which is the lowest value it will read out) every time I started out in first gear, even when feathering the throttle such that I was barely giving it any gas - uphill, downhill, flat road, didn't matter, engine cold or hot - down to 5.0 mpg it went. With the replacement intake tube and AFE filter, once the car warms up the DIS will typically read out some value higher than 5.0 mpg.

I know those DIS displayed values are not real absolute values, but I believe they can be used to establish trends. And it seems to me that mpg is trending upward following the changes I made to the intake......but I can't prove anything and everyone's going to tell me you don't buy this car for the gas mileage, the winter gas causes bad gas mileage, the gas mileage magically improves 10% when ambient temperature goes form 59 to 60 degrees, etc etc. It's frustrating.

Aren't you sorry you asked?
    2015 Daytona Gray S4
    6MT / Sport Diff / B&O / Tech Pkg / Carbon Atlas / Black Alcantara
    Mods: S5 Rotors, Xpel Ultimate, 3M Color Stable Tint 35%, H&R Street Performance Coilovers, Euro Code Alu Kreuz, Eurocode Sway Bars+Endlinks, CR-15, Eurocode Meisterwerk ASTS, AWE Resonated Touring Exhaust, ECS Luft-Technik Intake, 034 Transmission Mount, HCX LED 3000k Fog Lights, Apikol Rear Diff Mount

Established Member Four Rings fmzip's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Dobbler View Post
    What did you use? Is that white grease???
    Crisco....It has multiple uses. Plus the butter smell leaves that "at the movies" scent in my interior. I just LOVE it!

Well Steve, at least you now know the secret ingredient!

2015 S4 - Mythos Black - EPL Stage II/DSG Tune - Eurocode Alu Kreuz - Canyon Run CR-15 - 034 RSB/Billet DTB's - C-Quartz Nano - 3M Pro-X PPF - Audison Voce/Prima - P3

Senior Member Three Rings USAF_Danny's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 Audi S4, 2017 Honda Civic EX

Maybe and maybe not. I had a known issue with my ECS carbon fiber intake tube, where the nipple for the PCV vent connection had broken loose from the tube so it was presumably no longer air-tight. Without really knowing much about anything I thought maybe that could contribute to erratic, stumbling idle and poor gas mileage. I was also using the filter that came with the ECS intake kit which is the oiled type, and I had cleaned and re-oiled the filter last fall because it looked like it was getting dirty - so there was the variable of maybe I over-oiled it and it is negatively affecting performance. I was pretty convinced one or both of these intake issues were causing the symptoms, but when I swapped the OEM intake back in for a couple weeks it didn't seem to improve anything.

Fast forward to last weekend, I installed a replacement carbon fiber intake tube from ECS and this time fitted an AFE Magnum Flow Pro Dry filter in place of the oiled ECS filter, and over the past ~5 days of driving I have noticed some improvement in the gas mileage that appears on the DIS (although I have not had a chance to fill up and see if there is any real world difference), as well as some improvement in the rough, stumbling idle. For science, I put the ECS filter back on and went for an extended test drive and noticed that the idle was a little rough again, so this leads me to believe that I may have over-oiled or somehow otherwise screwed up that filter.

But of course, the weather has been getting a bit warmer throughout this already unscientific process, so I'm sure increased ambient air temp can lend to higher gas mileage, so that's another variable. What I can say is that before I made these changes to the intake, the real-time mpg on the DIS would almost 100% of the time drop down to 5.0 mpg (which is the lowest value it will read out) every time I started out in first gear, even when feathering the throttle such that I was barely giving it any gas - uphill, downhill, flat road, didn't matter, engine cold or hot - down to 5.0 mpg it went. With the replacement intake tube and AFE filter, once the car warms up the DIS will typically read out some value higher than 5.0 mpg.

I know those DIS displayed values are not real absolute values, but I believe they can be used to establish trends. And it seems to me that mpg is trending upward following the changes I made to the intake......but I can't prove anything and everyone's going to tell me you don't buy this car for the gas mileage, the winter gas causes bad gas mileage, the gas mileage magically improves 10% when ambient temperature goes form 59 to 60 degrees, etc etc. It's frustrating.

Aren't you sorry you asked?
    Dang that's crazy. Get that fill up and let's see what happens.

Not sorry, more so curious what's happening to your fuel lol. I find myself at times troubleshooting your issue with my car to see if I can find anything lol.

Glad to hear that it's somewhat improving though.
    YouTube: DV Motions | Instagram: daanny.vu

[]S4 | EPL Stage 2

AZ Member #

Got me some tips! The wife loves when I put car parts on the kitchen counter

2015 S4 - Mythos Black - EPL Stage II/DSG Tune - Eurocode Alu Kreuz - Canyon Run CR-15 - 034 RSB/Billet DTB's - C-Quartz Nano - 3M Pro-X PPF - Audison Voce/Prima - P3

Established Member Three Rings Strong Man's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by fmzip View Post
    Installed the piano black dash trim bezel, looks so much better

Hey Man .
    It looks good, but I'm not sure how it fit with other interior parts , especially with aluminium around central console ? BTW why did you use caulk for the back side ?
    2013 Audi S5 3.0T: Bang & Olufsen, NAV, Audi Quattro Sport Differential, Audi Drive Select, 7-speed dual-clutch automatic with manual shifting mode
    Mods: ||ST2: Unitronic ECU + TCU||Intake: ESC Kohlefaser Luft ||Exhaust: AWE Touring with Resonated DPs 102mm tips||Susp:CR15, Alu K, H&R OE, H&R R Sway Bar, ECS Drv Mnt Insert Kit ||H&R Spacers: 15F/20R || Brakes: ECS SS Lines, StopTech Creo Slotted Rotors F/R, HAWK 5.0 F/R, Motul 600 ||

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Man View Post
    Hey Man .
    It looks good, but I'm not sure how it fit with other interior parts , especially with aluminium around central console ? BTW why did you use caulk for the back side ?

You and I are too alike!

I have a piano back center console and stainless steel trim going in this weekend.

As far as the caulk, because of the the two piece design of the bezel, it has a tendency to squeak. If you pinch it in the center, you'd understand what I mean. Your S5 is a two piece bezel so it isn't the same, right? The bulk from the caulk added significant rigidity to the design

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...es-and-Squeaks

AZ Member #

Got it , but I can't say that I feel/hear any squeaks from dash trim bezel ...be honest with you I have no idea (never paid attention) if it's one or two pieces.
    2013 Audi S5 3.0T: Bang & Olufsen, NAV, Audi Quattro Sport Differential, Audi Drive Select, 7-speed dual-clutch automatic with manual shifting mode
    Mods: ||ST2: Unitronic ECU + TCU||Intake: ESC Kohlefaser Luft ||Exhaust: AWE Touring with Resonated DPs 102mm tips||Susp:CR15, Alu K, H&R OE, H&R R Sway Bar, ECS Drv Mnt Insert Kit ||H&R Spacers: 15F/20R || Brakes: ECS SS Lines, StopTech Creo Slotted Rotors F/R, HAWK 5.0 F/R, Motul 600 ||

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Man View Post
    Got it , but I can't say that I feel/hear any squeaks from dash trim bezel ...be honest with you I have no idea (never paid attention) if it's one or two pieces.

B8 S4 and S5 dash bezel is two separate pieces

S4 B8.5 Dash bezel, one piece

AZ Member #

So...looks mine is two separate pieces

Active Member Three Rings kjeeper10's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2007 Jeep Wrangler JK

Quote Originally Posted by You-S4-It View Post
    New RS grill after the old one got kicked in the teeth by a truck fender-berg during the winter.
    Also got the 034 tranny insert. Whoa. Definite noticeable difference in shifting - for the better!
    How so ? Thinking about this mod.
    2015 Audi S5, Daytona Grey Pearl, 6 speed, sport differential.
    Mods- Chipwerke Pro.

Page 205 of 205 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205