Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I installed a mirrortap, but no matter which of the 3 different power wires i tried, they all seemed to turn off when I went in reverse because of the auto dimming mirror. Has anyone else had this problem? I thought only one was supposed to turn off, but all of mine did. This is on a 2012 S4 Prestige.

Other than that, it works great and is super clean install. Just really annoying having it power off (loosing Bluetooth sync with my 360 max) whenever I go in reverse.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

was it as easy as drilling a hole and running wire for the 360 mute button mount? it is the perfect placement

tia... which wire tap did you use in which fuse block also...

again thanks!!!!
    2013 S4 / Estoril Blue Crystal Effect / Prestige / DSG / Sport Diff / 19" / Nappa / Carbon Atlas / EPL Stage 1 / EPL TCU tune / ECS 2-pc rotors / Macan front Calipers

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2017 Volkswagen Tiguan

Reviving this thread. Can't find information on connecting the mirror tap to the mirror (B8 2011 S4). Before I start, looking for some insight on which trim to remove and which wires to connect where. Any insight will be greatly appreciated.
    2011 S4 Phantom Black Pearl Effect/S-Tronic/Ti Package/SS Inlays/B&O/NAPA Leather/SRD/NO NAV!/Passport IQ/APR ECU, Stage II+/SC Badging/35% Tint/Detailing by Adam's Premium Car Care/P3 Cars Vent Integrated Display

Established Member Two Rings Albertaoil's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 Audi S4, 2004 VW Passat, 4motion, 2008 GMC 2500HD Duarmax Heavily modified

Quote Originally Posted by YBYJAP View Post
    Reviving this thread. Can't find information on connecting the mirror tap to the mirror (B8 2011 S4). Before I start, looking for some insight on which trim to remove and which wires to connect where. Any insight will be greatly appreciated.
    I did my 2012 a few years ago and if I remember correctly all you have to remove is the plastic against the windshield, which will give you access. Might be a piece on the mirror arm to but super easy to do.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
    2012 Audi S4, CTS Intake, CR-15, LED interior lights + Licence plate. LED fogs. 18% tint all around. EPL stage 1.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2017 Volkswagen Tiguan

Thanks Albertaoil. Do you remember how you "snaked" the mirror tap out of the trim piece? Looks like the options are out the top by the headliner or drilling a hole in the trim piece.
    2011 S4 Phantom Black Pearl Effect/S-Tronic/Ti Package/SS Inlays/B&O/NAPA Leather/SRD/NO NAV!/Passport IQ/APR ECU, Stage II+/SC Badging/35% Tint/Detailing by Adam's Premium Car Care/P3 Cars Vent Integrated Display

Established Member Two Rings Albertaoil's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 Audi S4, 2004 VW Passat, 4motion, 2008 GMC 2500HD Duarmax Heavily modified

Yes I just made a small hole so the cord just came out right into the detector and there wasn't anything hanging. I put my detector on the passenger side of the mirror as high up as I could.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
    2012 Audi S4, CTS Intake, CR-15, LED interior lights + Licence plate. LED fogs. 18% tint all around. EPL stage 1.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12