Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1252606162
Results 2,441 to 2,477 of 2477
    Established Member Two Rings NYDCB's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Having electrical issues. AC isn't getting the 12v it needs and therefore doesn't work. My factory sub now cuts out or not on at all. In fact, when it cuts out, only the rear tweeters emit sound in the rear. No issues with any of the front speakers.

I pulled codes and got:

Car: Audi A4
    Year: 2010
    Body type: Saloon
    Engine: CAEB 155 kW (211 HP) 2 l
    Mileage: 159800 KM

09 Central Electrics

01516 - Terminal 30 left Open circuit
    Intermittent
    00926 - Terminal 30 Open circuit
    Intermittent
    03124 - Terminal 30 - 3 Open circuit

47 Sound System
    02247 - Subwoofer Open circuit
    Intermittent

Where should I start? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Active Member Two Rings anoance's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Someone know which company make a4 b8 OEM brakes?
    Want to change mine, but at a dealer OEM costs 4 times more than some other

Veteran Member Four Rings JBAeroEngineer's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by anoance View Post
    Someone know which company make a4 b8 OEM brakes?
    Want to change mine, but at a dealer OEM costs 4 times more than some other
    Pagid is one.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Hi Guys!

Does anyone know if we can successfully install and run B7 321mm Vented Rotors on our B8's with OEM Calipers? The B8 Rotor size is 320mm. What I am concerned about is the hat offset and or the vent size being a different thickness. My assumption is the the 1mm diameter difference is negligible since both get converted to 12.6" sizing. Any thoughts clarification is much appreciated.

Established Member Two Rings Dcferolino's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Anyone know who is selling b8 rear bumper sline let me know asap thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Established Member Two Rings Dcferolino's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Anyone experience stage 2 ecu tune.uhhhmmm do you need to pre-gap the spark plugs let me know i am using the oem spark plugs for now?

Established Member Two Rings BrianVan's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I have the push button start. MY13 A4. I never insert the key into the dash. Just press the brake and Start Engine button. I tested once that I handed the key fob to my wife standing in the driveway, and I drove away. It beeped once on the dash asking, "Is the Key in the car" and displayed the message on the dash. Can you just drive and drive until you shut the car off? I only went around the block thinking I'd get stranded or the car would shut off or just something. I ran into a store real quick once with car running and the fob in my pocket and thought maybe the car would shut off without the key nearby? So that's my dumb question.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by BrianVan View Post
    I have the push button start. MY13 A4. I never insert the key into the dash. Just press the brake and Start Engine button. I tested once that I handed the key fob to my wife standing in the driveway, and I drove away. It beeped once on the dash asking, "Is the Key in the car" and displayed the message on the dash. Can you just drive and drive until you shut the car off? I only went around the block thinking I'd get stranded or the car would shut off or just something. I ran into a store real quick once with car running and the fob in my pocket and thought maybe the car would shut off without the key nearby? So that's my dumb question.
    I would also like to know about this. I assumed the above as well. However, I never looked into it much.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Audizine mobile app

Senior Member Four Rings 14S4GWM's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by McGretzky97 View Post
    I would also like to know about this. I assumed the above as well. However, I never looked into it much.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Audizine mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianVan View Post
    You can drive until you shut the car off
    2014 S4 P+ Glacier White DSG EPL Stage 2/TCU
    Black Optic/ B&O/ Sports Diff/ Carbon Atlas/ V1/ P3/ Carista/ ECS CF Intake/ ECS CF Diffuser/ Bilstein B8/ H&R OE Springs/ H&R 10-12mm Spacers
    C-Quartz/ Suntek PPF/ AWE Touring 102/ 034 X-Brace & Inserts/ Eurocode Sways/ Akebono Pads/ CR-15/ VLED VX3 LED Fogs

Established Member Two Rings acidvoodoo's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Do you guys think one 13.5oz can of spray paint is enough to paint a set of side blades?

Established Member Four Rings BeerBrent's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2010 A4 Avant

Quote Originally Posted by acidvoodoo View Post
    Do you guys think one 13.5oz can of spray paint is enough to paint a set of side blades?
    Curious about this also. And has anyone painted the side blades themselves with good results?
    I'm as cool as a cucumber in a bowl of hot sauce.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by BeerBrent View Post
    Curious about this also. And has anyone painted the side blades themselves with good results?
    Yeah, I'm trying to decide whether I should buy some spray paint from Scratch Wizard for about $65 or have Maaco do them for $150.

Senior Member Four Rings Marko S's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I tried painting the mmi trim and door blades but it didnt look great. Ended up taking everything to a bodyshop to get painted. If you do end up painting yourself make sure you use a bunch of very light coats with primer

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
    2011 Audi A4 Prem+
    HPA - ECS Tuning - aFe - Eurocode - Treadstone - GFB - Milltek - PTP - DEI - Spulen - KW - Moog - Ultra Racing - CR-15 - 034 Motorsports - Brembo - EBC - Podi - Fly Designs - Audio Frog - Dynamat - Kicker - deAuto - OEM

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2010 A4 Avant

Thanks Marko.

Established Member Two Rings Audiosz's Avatar
    AZ Member #

So a friend gave me a VAICO PCV but im not sure if its going fit my car. My cars a 2013 audi a4 quattro 2.0t the part number for the PCV is V10-2595 from what i've seen online it fits the 2009-12 a4 but i also see it fits the 2013-2016 a5 which doesn't make much sense. My car almost has 70k miles so it needs to be replaced

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    JSW TDI, 2010 XC90 V8, 2008 XC90 V8, 2009 XC90 V8 and 2005 XC90 V8 oh and Chrysler 200S

I own a 2013 Audi A4 Quattro with APR Stage 2 Tune on E85.

I had a question about the trasmission upshift pattern when its in Manual Mode.

1st, my 8spd trans is way too slow to upshift on D or S settings, not sure why that is. In manual mode the up shifts are stupid fast.

Now if I leave the car in MANUAL mode say M1 and go to accelarate and say I reach 6000rpm, would it upshift on its own or would it just sit there?
    I ask that because on E85 the car spends maybe 1 sec before i have to upshift otherwise risking running into the red line. Just havent tried it and dont really want to.
    2013 B8.5 A4 Quattro ZF, E85-APR Stage 2, IE DP, S4 Brakes Ibis White.
    2010 Volvo XC90 V8 R-Design, Custom Exhaust, Bremobo brakes 330mm/all 4.

Established Member Three Rings Novarider's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I know that in manual mode it will downshift automatically when slowing down which I don't like but never tried upshifting.
    2011 A4 Avant Prestige S-Line

Veteran Member Four Rings Das Ponto's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 Q5 S-line

Quote Originally Posted by YotoWerks View Post
    I own a 2013 Audi A4 Quattro with APR Stage 2 Tune on E85.

I had a question about the trasmission upshift pattern when its in Manual Mode.

1st, my 8spd trans is way too slow to upshift on D or S settings, not sure why that is. In manual mode the up shifts are stupid fast.

Now if I leave the car in MANUAL mode say M1 and go to accelarate and say I reach 6000rpm, would it upshift on its own or would it just sit there?
    I ask that because on E85 the car spends maybe 1 sec before i have to upshift otherwise risking running into the red line. Just havent tried it and dont really want to.
    Yeah as a safety feature it will automatically upshift.
    Ryan
    13' Scuba Blue Allroad | APR Stage 1 | H&R Sport Springs | Rotiform KPS
    Instagram: Dasponto | Flickr

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by YotoWerks View Post
    It does upshift on its own and its super quick but I don't know if its good for the car. I asked this a while back and no one seamed know if it was ok to do. I actually did it by accident and was shock at how quick the car was when driven like this, it was crazy fast!

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Marko S View Post
    I tried painting the mmi trim and door blades but it didnt look great. Ended up taking everything to a bodyshop to get painted. If you do end up painting yourself make sure you use a bunch of very light coats with primer

Decided to have mine painted by a local body shop last week, they came out great and only cost me $75 bucks

Veteran Member Four Rings Das Ponto's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 Q5 S-line

It does upshift on its own and its super quick but I don't know if its good for the car. I asked this a while back and no one seamed know if it was ok to do. I actually did it by accident and was shock at how quick the car was when driven like this, it was crazy fast!
    It won't hurt the car, same as driving it in Sport and pinning it, will drive to the computer set redline and shift
    Ryan
    13' Scuba Blue Allroad | APR Stage 1 | H&R Sport Springs | Rotiform KPS
    Instagram: Dasponto | Flickr

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2010 A4 Avant

Decided to have mine painted by a local body shop last week, they came out great and only cost me $75 bucks
    Good to know. I just got some from ECS and was thinking of painting them myself. But for $75 I might as well let a pro do it. The spray paint color match kit is $60. Thanks!

AZ Member #

Good stuff.

2011 Audi A4 Prem+
    HPA - ECS Tuning - aFe - Eurocode - Treadstone - GFB - Milltek - PTP - DEI - Spulen - KW - Moog - Ultra Racing - CR-15 - 034 Motorsports - Brembo - EBC - Podi - Fly Designs - Audio Frog - Dynamat - Kicker - deAuto - OEM

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 A4 Avant, 2002 TT (sold)

I disabled the automatic up shift in manual mode using vcds. Makes it easier to log.
    Nothing to see here, keep moving!

Veteran Member Four Rings Der Konig's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '06 a4 2.0T 6MTQ, S3 '01.5 s4 avant 6speed, '12 Audi Q5

I don't have a b8 but was looking at a buddy's engine bay today helping him diagnose something and noticed a few things that Audi added over the years. One that confused me the most was what looks to be a filter of some sort laying on the valve cover. Looks like it runs back to the intake manifold and is tied into the vacuum pump. Was thinking some kind of relief or intake for the vacuum system maybe? Any ideas?

In the blue not the red, robbed someone elses photo.

'01.5 APR S3 S4 Avant 6 Speed - current
    '06 APR S2+ A4 2.0T 6 Speed DD - current
    '12 Audi Q5 2.0T P+ - current
    '05 Ford F250 XLT 4x4 BP'd 6.0 - current
    '91 Jetta GL 1.8 8v manual swap - sold
    '99 SVT Cobra - sold
    '01 Mustang GT - sold
    '88 Mustang LX 5.0 - sold
    '95 Jeep Cherokee Country - sold

Veteran Member Four Rings old guy's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '03 A4, '13 A5, '18 MB-GLA

Just looked and my 2013 CAEB doesn't have that feature. Can you get a part number off of it?
    A4 Motoza tuned Frankenturbo F21L mixed flow turbo / Bosch 550's / 3" MAF / TyrolSport SMIC / 034 HFC / TT 2.5" DP / Borla Exhaust / Eibach ProKit Springs / Koni Yellows / H-Sport Sway Bars / TyrolSport Brake Stiffeners / HyperShift Short Shifter / Podi
    A5 Mods to come: Little stuff so far. 20/25mm spacers / H&R OE Sport springs / 35% tint / Neuspeed Power Module / black window trim / RS grille.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 A4 Avant, 2002 TT (sold)

Vw just did fuel pump recall on my daughters 2010 cc at the same time they did the intake under the extended warranty. when it came back it had the same "filter assembly " on it. not sure if it was part of the fuel pump recall or the inatke R2 but it was not on the car b4 it went in.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Konig View Post
    I don't have a b8 but was looking at a buddy's engine bay today helping him diagnose something and noticed a few things that Audi added over the years. One that confused me the most was what looks to be a filter of some sort laying on the valve cover. Looks like it runs back to the intake manifold and is tied into the vacuum pump. Was thinking some kind of relief or intake for the vacuum system maybe? Any ideas?

Nothing to see here, keep moving!

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    Just looked and my 2013 CAEB doesn't have that feature. Can you get a part number off of it?
    Its a guy I work with so I will look again tomorrow but I didn't see any part numbers on it at a glance.

Vw just did fuel pump recall on my daughters 2010 cc at the same time they did the intake under the extended warranty. when it came back it had the same "filter assembly " on it. not sure if it was part of the fuel pump recall or the inatke R2 but it was not on the car b4 it went in.
    I would think intake because it is running down towards the firewall side of it and then terminates at a module that is connected to the vacuum pump. Mystery snek in the bay.

'99 SVT Cobra - sold
    '01 Mustang GT - sold

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Ok turns out it is a fresh air breather hose that gets put on with the updated intake manifold.

No idea the real purpose but there you go. 06H133583F

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Der Konig; 08-30-2018 at 07:14 AM.

'99 SVT Cobra - sold
    '01 Mustang GT - sold

Senior Member Two Rings Peter.dupuis's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1998 Jeep Wrangler

Difference between an a4 and s4 muffler?

Veteran Member Four Rings if6ws9's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Grand Cherokee

Do the 2.0t B8's and B8.5's need to be concerned with carbon build up?
    2014 A5, Brilliant Black, Black Optics, Sport package, MMI+, B&O, AWE Touring w/Black Diamond Tips, AWE DP, USP HFC, CTS CAI, APR Stage 2, ST Coilovers, Alu Kruez, 034 TX insert, ECS diff bushing, Apikol blue diff mount, VAG's, Escort Redline, ZR4 shifters, 20% tint, Sprint Booster, ECS dipstick, FB steering wheel, piston diverter valve, ECS rear lower control arm brace, 10mm & 12mm spacers, BFI shift knob

Senior Member Three Rings dennej1985's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Questions you thought were too dumb to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by if6ws9 View Post
    Do the 2.0t B8's and B8.5's need to be concerned with carbon build up?
    Absolutely, I ordered a cleaning adaptor from Ford prefect, a member here. Canít wait to get it done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Now: 2012 A4 Quattro |2.0t|6 MT|Prestige|S-Line|Sport|Titanium|IE Stage2|IE HFC+Downpipe|ECS FMIC+Charge Pipes|GFB DV+|VMR|AFE|
    Past: 2003 A4 Quattro Avant 1.8t, 5 MT

Veteran Member Four Rings Pr1ce's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    13' prestige

Hey guys... Iíve replaced the h7 and d3s bulbs but my led beams/bars on the headlights are still diff colors or shades

Any help would be great thanks
    R.I.P. Sam - 7speed
    You're always one decision away from a totally different life

AZ Member #

Instead of reading through all those pages in the other thread I thought I'd ask here.

What is needed for the oil consumption fix? Just new rings and pistons?

Audi wont cover it so I am wondering if it is worth it to get this done at an indy.

2011 Audi A4 Prem+

Veteran Member Four Rings adamazing's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Der Konig View Post

I've always wondered what this was too, but never took anytime to figure it out. Every time I change my plugs or coils, I move this thing out of the way and remind myself to figure out what the hell it's for.... then I forget to check, lol.

2013 A4 Quattro Brushed Steel / APR E85 Stage 2 / AG F421 Copper + Smoke + Neo Chrome / Eurocode FMIC + HFC / AWE Quad + CF Valance
    build / instagram / flickr

AZ Member #

Instead of reading through all those pages in the other thread I thought I'd ask here.

What is needed for the oil consumption fix? Just new rings and pistons?

Audi wont cover it so I am wondering if it is worth it to get this done at an indy.

Yes, pistons and rings. There are a number of gaskets and hardware items that are done also. The timing chain tensioner and any related, worn timing parts should alsdo be addressed. Depending on the age and condition you may want to compare the cost with swapping the engine with a used, more recent version. There are some good threads here about this.
    I can send you the Audi parts list for the piston fix by pm if you like. Mine was done in 2015.
    2011 A4 Avant quattro tiptronic/ Eurocode Sway Bars, End Links, Alu Kreuz/ 034 Catch Can/ Various VagCom

AZ Member #

Pmd
    Quote Originally Posted by jfo View Post
    Yes, pistons and rings. There are a number of gaskets and hardware items that are done also. The timing chain tensioner and any related, worn timing parts should alsdo be addressed. Depending on the age and condition you may want to compare the cost with swapping the engine with a used, more recent version. There are some good threads here about this.
    I can send you the Audi parts list for the piston fix by pm if you like. Mine was done in 2015.
    2011 Audi A4 Prem+

Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1252606162