Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran Member Three Rings Reggie's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 SQ5 & 2015 RS5

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandros View Post
    Thanks anyway! I was just told the sensor is on the drivers side front.
    That is the side that gets most of the wear based on typical driving

Established Member Three Rings PeteRock's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Just had the Carbotech 1521s installed and I love them....great all around pads....nice initial bite but not too grabby....very predictable performance

A little more dust than my Hawk full ceramic pads but itís a welcome trade off for the much improved feel and performance

Iíll be ordering up their XP8s or XP10s for the track soon

Thanks for the suggestion Ape Factory!

Pete

Established Member Three Rings Ape Factory's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    RS5/Infiniti QX70S stormtrooper

Before you make the decision on the XP's for the track, I'd reach out to Carbotech as they may make a suggestion based on the car's weight. I know lots of guys who also run say an XP10 or 12 on the front and a less aggressive rear pad (i.e. XP12 front and XP10 rear or XP10 front and XP8 rear).

Glad you like the 1521's! The XP's are all compatible with the 1521's so you won't have to re-bed the brakes when you swap the street pads back in. Just make sure you bed the 1521's in carefully as you want that transfer of pad material onto the iron rotors. That way you won't have to bed the XP's at the track.

They actually make a pad for the ceramic disks and I'm curious how they'd differ from the OEM pads. I unfortunately still have plenty of pad left, should make it to 50 or 60K easily on the OEM set.
    2013 Audi RS5 Misano Red, 20x10 Klassen ID M10/AWE Tuning Touring Exhaust/Eventuri Intake/Bilstein PSS10/H&R Sways/STERN Upper Control Arms/CR-15 reinforcement bar/ECS Stainless Steel Brake Lines/Apikol Rear Diff Bushing/ECS rear diff inserts/ECS front end links/034 Motorsports subframe inserts/034 Rear End Links/Tranny insert/E-code head & tail lights/Black Lip Spoiler, Red Trim Start Button, black emblems/VCDS.

Established Member Three Rings PeteRock's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Ape Factory View Post
    Before you make the decision on the XP's for the track, I'd reach out to Carbotech as they may make a suggestion based on the car's weight. I know lots of guys who also run say an XP10 or 12 on the front and a less aggressive rear pad (i.e. XP12 front and XP10 rear or XP10 front and XP8 rear).

Glad you like the 1521's! The XP's are all compatible with the 1521's so you won't have to re-bed the brakes when you swap the street pads back in. Just make sure you bed the 1521's in carefully as you want that transfer of pad material onto the iron rotors. That way you won't have to bed the XP's at the track.

They actually make a pad for the ceramic disks and I'm curious how they'd differ from the OEM pads. I unfortunately still have plenty of pad left, should make it to 50 or 60K easily on the OEM set.
    Awesome! Great info! I will definitely look into all of this.....thanks man!

Pete

Senior Member Three Rings boostinfd's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 RS5

Sorry for bumping an older thread... just a quick question... Have you guys used the EBC red stuff for street use? I have no intention of tracking the car... just want something like stock, but less dust/noise (obviously) :)

ECS has a front/rear kit for sale... and it's reasonably priced.

Thanks!
    2013 Audi RS5

Established Member Three Rings Ape Factory's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    RS5/Infiniti QX70S stormtrooper

I have the EBC Reds on the rear (ceramic fronts so no go there!). I have no complaints but I'd get feedback from someone running them up front. Dust wise, they're fine, no noise and no complaints really. They seem to be wearing well and also seem to be easy on the OEM rotors. Not much wear on the rears and I drive the car daily. I've put 10K on them.
    2013 Audi RS5 Misano Red, 20x10 Klassen ID M10/AWE Tuning Touring Exhaust/Eventuri Intake/Bilstein PSS10/H&R Sways/STERN Upper Control Arms/CR-15 reinforcement bar/ECS Stainless Steel Brake Lines/Apikol Rear Diff Bushing/ECS rear diff inserts/ECS front end links/034 Motorsports subframe inserts/034 Rear End Links/Tranny insert/E-code head & tail lights/Black Lip Spoiler, Red Trim Start Button, black emblems/VCDS.

Registered Member Three Rings FlyS4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I run EBC yellow all the way around. A lot of dust and they smell really bad but besides that they stop unlike stoptech or stock pads.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Senior Member Three Rings boostinfd's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 RS5

Quote Originally Posted by Ape Factory View Post
    I have the EBC Reds on the rear (ceramic fronts so no go there!). I have no complaints but I'd get feedback from someone running them up front. Dust wise, they're fine, no noise and no complaints really. They seem to be wearing well and also seem to be easy on the OEM rotors. Not much wear on the rears and I drive the car daily. I've put 10K on them.
    Thanks! I'll give them a shot. Can't hurt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FlyS4 View Post
    I run EBC yellow all the way around. A lot of dust and they smell really bad but besides that they stop unlike stoptech or stock pads.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    HA! I think I'll pass on the yellow's.
    2013 Audi RS5

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

I have Carbotech 1521's as recommended by Pete and I love them!
    Just make sure you order the cutouts for the pad sensors, otherwise you will have to re-order or zip tie the sensor out of the way.
    Prism Silver RS5

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by PedroRS5 View Post
    I have Carbotech 1521's as recommended by Pete and I love them!
    Just make sure you order the cutouts for the pad sensors, otherwise you will have to re-order or zip tie the sensor out of the way.
    You can just buy the sensor bypass or use your old sensor, cut the extra wire off, and splyce the two wires together. IMO the sensors are useless anyways as they trigger at around 5mm. At least mine did on my stock pads and the dealership said 2mm is minimum and that I had another 5-10k miles to go before I hit that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12