Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 4 of 76 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by 100Daily View Post
    I drive to the track on my Toyos
    What wheels? What specs for your wheels and tires? How many track days do they last you?

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

A lot of times the Boxster is one of the few exceptions to the cage rule- it has excellent roll hoops stock.

Account Terminated Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by zcd2.7t View Post
    Wrong. Most policies have been update to exclude any damage that happens on a track.

Your experience must be pretty limited. in 2 dozen+ HPDEs/track driving events I've seen a couple of rollovers (generally leading to total losses) and other incidents that led to 10s of thousands of dollars' worth of damage.

A couple hundred dollars for insurance against those types of losses is a small price to pay.
    You guys should really go out with instructors. Insurance and no instructor makes no sense.

Veteran Member Four Rings 100Daily's Avatar
    AZ Member #

OFFICIAL B8 S4 Track Drivers Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Akatsuki... View Post
    What wheels? What specs for your wheels and tires? How many track days do they last you?
    Cheap ASA GT06 19x8.5 45mm offset ($139 each on Tire Rack) shod with 265/30ZR19 R888's

I have gotten 6 days on them thus far but they are getting close. They are well past the tread bars. I am hoping to get one autocross day on them next month and then they are shot. One nice thing is you can reverse the Toyo's, and when you rotate you can put them on backwards. I assume that is also an advantage of pure slicks. My track really wears out my drivers side fast, so it's nice to be able to swap them over to the passenger side.
    2012 Audi R8 V10 Gated - Stage 1 - Phantom Black - Carbon Package

Gone But Not Forgotten: 2013 S4 3.0 ---- 2008 A5 3.2 ---- 2005.5 A4 2.0T ---- 1993 90S 2.8

AZ Member #

Cheap ASA GT06 19x8.5 45mm offset ($139 each on Tire Rack) shod with 265/30ZR19 R888's

I have gotten 6 days on them thus far but they are getting close. They are well past the tread bars. I am hoping to get one autocross day on them next month and then they are shot. One nice thing is you can reverse the Toyo's, and when you rotate you can put them on backwards. I assume that is also an advantage of pure slicks. My track really wears out my drivers side fast, so it's nice to be able to swap them over to the passenger side.
    After reading ur post i looked on tire rack.. and notified r888 only come in 245 40 18 or 265 30 19 for our car sizes. What suspension r u on? R u rubbing?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    "I know it won't create actual downforce at 125 MPH. I know it does make the S4 more stable." - westwest888

"It doesn't say anywhere in the rule book that a dog can't drive autocross" - westwest888

"It would be easier if we just accepted my OP as fact in the Audizine sticky wiki. " -westwest888

Veteran Member Four Rings zcd2.7t's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by westwest888;
    I....make...no sense.
    I can troll, too...
    2022 Tesla Model 3 Performance
    2023 Genesis GV60 Performance
    2015 Q5 TDi - Torque, baby!
    (Gone) 2013 S6, Glacier White over Black.
    (Gone, never forgotten) 2011 S4 Prestige S-tronic wSTaSIS stuff

AZ Member #

Let's say you were going to do heroin and you had two choices. You can either have a doctor watch you for 24 hours while you do it. Or you can buy health insurance. Which would you pick?

Ride with a fucking instructor. End of sub-thread.

AZ Member #

West - give it up - you're not even a good troll.

As if riding with an instructor is going to prevent off-track excursions.

Insurance doesn't prevent them either, but it offers recourse in the event of a mishap.

Veteran Member Four Rings GeoJoe's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2021 Audi SQ7, 2016 Porsche GT4, Subaru Sambar Dump Truck and a 2018 Tundra Looooooong bed

Instructors can be good and you can learn a shitload. Following one is a great way to learn too. Watching the lines that an expert takes, their acceleration and braking, all while you're alone in your Quattro is my preference.

I also like riding with instructors in their cars. Now that's a rush.

AZ Member #

After reading ur post i looked on tire rack.. and notified r888 only come in 245 40 18 or 265 30 19 for our car sizes. What suspension r u on? R u rubbing?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    Stock suspension, no rubbing. Not even close.

Gone But Not Forgotten: 2013 S4 3.0 ---- 2008 A5 3.2 ---- 2005.5 A4 2.0T ---- 1993 90S 2.8

AZ Member #

West - give it up - you're not even a good troll.

As if riding with an instructor is going to prevent off-track excursions.
    As if listening to someone who knows what they are doing is going to prevent a crash? Are you serious? That Boxster guy would not have lost it if there was someone in the car who had a clue. It was a rookie mistake and easily preventable. You just needed someone there to say "GO OFF" instead of trying to jerk the wheel back onto the pavement.

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

An instructor is NO guarantee that you won't do something to crash your car. A lot of times it's out of your control (i.e. oil, coolant, mechanical issue) and you're off track and potentially rolling. At the end of the day anyone who goes onto the track has to determine if the risk is worth the reward. If they can't afford to fix the car out of their own pocket then they should consider track insurance. If it's too much they're rolling the dice when they get on the track but realizing that and driving well within your limits and the limits of your car can significantly reduce the risk of an accident. Nothing will eliminate an on-track accident short of not getting on the track.

AZ Member #

OFFICIAL B8 S4 Track Drivers Thread

Quote Originally Posted by westwest888 View Post
    As if listening to someone who knows what they are doing is going to prevent a crash? Are you serious? That Boxster guy would not have lost it if there was someone in the car who had a clue. It was a rookie mistake and easily preventable. You just needed someone there to say "GO OFF" instead of trying to jerk the wheel back onto the pavement.
    +1 I have to agree with west. Nobody guaranteed anything, but I agree that accident PROBABLY would not have happened with an instructor. One of the very first things my instructor told me was what to do if you exit the pavement.

What is the worst damage you guys have seen during lapping days? I never see anyone wreck in person... That video shocked everyone at the track because it's so rare. But it's bound to happen eventually given a long enough timeline.

AZ Member #

...That Boxster guy would not have lost it if there was someone in the car who had a clue. It was a rookie mistake and easily preventable....
    So the other guy in the Boxster video WASN'T an instructor?

The fact that you think an instructor can prevent "offs" is laughable. Reduce the chances - possibly, even probably, but my point is about insurance, not instructors.

Instructor or no instructor, if you go off and damage your car and don't have track insurance, you're gonna be on the hook for the repairs.

Veteran Member Four Rings GeoJoe's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2021 Audi SQ7, 2016 Porsche GT4, Subaru Sambar Dump Truck and a 2018 Tundra Looooooong bed

Here's what can happen at Road Atlanta. F'in concrete jungle with walls everywhere!

This BMW spun out right in front of me. Minor front bumper damage.

...and then there's this kind of damage.

Senior Member Three Rings Moto One's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    C5 Z06 (going on 17 years)

Form what I have seen, a "new to track driving" participant decides to document their day with a video and they end up over driving. I call it, "Go Pro Bravery" Not all end in an accident, but most will have a moment on track that they wouldn't have had in the session before the cameras went on. Then there is the "lets me show you my new skills and bring a friend closer to god" when they take them for a ride once they get their solo sign off.

Mark

AZ Member #

So the other guy in the Boxster video WASN'T an instructor?

The fact that you think an instructor can prevent "offs" is laughable. Reduce the chances - possibly, even probably, but my point is about insurance, not instructors.

Instructor or no instructor, if you go off and damage your car and don't have track insurance, you're gonna be on the hook for the repairs.
    That didn't look like an instructor run group to me. That looked like an amateur track day with no instructors required (but maybe some optionally available to help). It takes an incredible amount of effort and work to run a track day well, from finding 100 students to pay $500+ to finding 50 people to instruct them and the other dozen logistics people you need to run a successful event. Track time without instruction would be like college years with just a laptop and no teacher.

My personal rule is I don't buy a car that I'm too afraid to bring on the track. I could eat an S4. I can't eat a GT3 even if I can afford to keep one in the garage.

AZ Member #

...I could eat an S4....
    OK, Mr. Troll - you and your "achievement unlocked" (literally LOL'd at your post and its lame title, the balance of which proved your troll status) S4 can continue to try to knock this thread off topic - I'm done.

AZ Member #

OK, Mr. Troll - you and your "achievement unlocked" (literally LOL'd at your post and its lame title, the balance of which proved your troll status) S4 can continue to try to knock this thread off topic - I'm done.
    It's an elaborate ruse to get you to have a beginner's mind and allow you to learn. I also don't want anyone else to go guns blazing with the confidence of a bullshit, 3rd rate insurance policy behind them and ball up their S4.

Veteran Member Three Rings vwong's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '10 S4, '09 335i, '98 Prelude

What is the worst damage you guys have seen during lapping days? I never see anyone wreck in person... That video shocked everyone at the track because it's so rare. But it's bound to happen eventually given a long enough timeline.
    In the past 15 years of tracking, I've seen multiples of these:

- rollovers (one being right in front of me)
    - cars caught on fire
    - crashes (single car crashes, as well as 2-car crashes)
    - blown engines (one being my very own )
    - various offs resulting in broken parts

The first 3 categories usually result in totaled vehicles.

Even in autox, I've seen my fair share of freak accidents: lost wheels, crash involving an stationary object, crash involving 2 cars, blown engines, rollover (a slow roll to the side of a modded pickup truck).
    2010 Audi S4 6MT
    2009 BMW 335i Coupe 6MT
    YouTube Channel

AZ Member #

I have only done autocross twice in my life, both times when my car was brand new (like window sticker in the trunk new) and I wanted to flog on it. In the first one they had a spot in the course that had to go past two rounded curbs with trees in the middle. They made the course so slow and tight there that you couldn't possibly make up any time going fast through it. Sure enough some kid in a modded to hell Z3 M coupe went four wheels over the curbs and totaled.

I've never seen a 2 car incident. 95% of the time I go to the track and all 150 participants go home safe, albeit with some brake and tire wear.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 Mini Cooper S, 2013 BMW X5

Gear Used: Go Pro Hero

Brakes: RS5 front brakes (Brembo 8-piston); 365mm front rotors; Carbotech XP-22 in front and XP-10 in rear; Motul 660

Tires / Wheels: Audi 19” Peelers; Michelin Pilot Super Sports; thinking hard about Toyo R888s for this season

Suspension: STaSIS Challenge suspension (Ohlens) coilovers and rear swaybar; Alu-Kreuz; Apikol rear diff mount

Engine Mods: STaSIS/Revo ECU upgrade; Roc-Euro intake

Support Gear: I go with friends who have trailers full of gear

Preparation: Change the Motul every summer; change the pads; make sure pads are bedded in; take the S4 to the shop before each event and have it checked over; check tire pressure

Track Recommendation: If you want an awesome track experience come to the ACNA HPDE at Road America on August 17-19, 2014. It’s one of the best tracks in America:
    http://www.caranddriver.com/features...america-page-7 This is a shameless promotion because I help run the event.
    2010 S4 Phantom Black Prestige, S tronic, Sport Diff, Carbon Atlas, STaSIS ECU & Challenge Suspension, RS5 Brakes, Alu Kruez, VAG Mods, Michelin Pilot Super Sports

Veteran Member Four Rings AKPS4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1992 z28 383 LT1/T56 - 425 RWHP. D1SC @12lbs coming

Sounds like a lot of people track their S4 and use as a DD. I'm trying to gauge if it's reasonable to track my S4 and expect to keep the car for 6-8 more years without any major issues.

Id like to hear your guys thoughts. This is essentially a huge financial decision and I can't get a track car and have a DD. Id like to know if this is going to be a money pit or actually worth going through with.

I've always wanted to to track but unfortunately can't afford the truck, trailer, dedicated track car, etc... So the daily/track combo is my only option.

Anyways, I'f anyone has had any mechanical failures/issues or major wear/tear due to tracking I'd like to know about it. Or if there is anything else to know please post up.

I'm on the fence of getting the AP RAdi-cal BBK and then look into coil overs by next year if I go forward with this.
    2012 S4 Monsoon Grey 6MT, Prestige, Titanium, Sport Diff., B&O, carbon fiber inlays, DIY intercooler screen, VAG-COM mods, APR Stage 2+, AWE w/ non-res DP's and cold front, Strat Intake, EuroCode F/R Sways, end links, Alu Kruez, Apikol RDM, and STS, V1 wired to SAVVY, Front end Clear Bra Cover, RS4 Grill, 19" Titaniums w/ Nitto Motivo's, 19x9.5 F14's w/ Mich. PSS, PSS10 coils

Senior Member Three Rings Shaman's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Many motorcycles. Lexus GS350, Sierra

Drive 7/10 and you'll probably be ok. But it's hard to keep yourself there. As a former instructor and racer, I've also been in cars that were overdriven and ended up off-track, rolled, or into a wall. Rolling is a scary experience, especially when you're a passenger who was just yelling at the driver to slow down while they insist that they "always drive this hard". Do get quality instruction and do always think of the safety and smoothness of your driving as priorities. And don't take a car that will make your finances implode if you lose control of it.

(red firebird was mine, 600hp, six piston alcon vented brakes, heim joint chromoly suspension, lightened 150lbs, torsen racing diff, more)

Can't believe that pic was from One Lap of America 2000. Not quite 14 years. :/
    -- --
    2017 Porsche Turbo S, White on Red, Burmester Sound
    2014 Lexus GS 350 | 2016 2500HD Silverado Duramax

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Thanks, it's funny that my z28 is setup similar but I don't ever plan to track it. It's got way too much money in it and too much power to whip around the track although with its setup it should handle very well.

Anyways, that was my though to no go all out and just enjoy myself within my limits. If the day comes that I can financially afford the dedicated track car then I can increase the stakes. I used to auto cross a lot but want to step things up.
    2012 S4 Monsoon Grey 6MT, Prestige, Titanium, Sport Diff., B&O, carbon fiber inlays, DIY intercooler screen, VAG-COM mods, APR Stage 2+, AWE w/ non-res DP's and cold front, Strat Intake, EuroCode F/R Sways, end links, Alu Kruez, Apikol RDM, and STS, V1 wired to SAVVY, Front end Clear Bra Cover, RS4 Grill, 19" Titaniums w/ Nitto Motivo's, 19x9.5 F14's w/ Mich. PSS, PSS10 coils

Veteran Member Three Rings RecklessactN's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Was looking for a opinion on a brake setup for this season. I have tracked my own car before, but not the S4 (was waiting to put brakes on before going to a HPDE). I am looking at Stoptech 380mm slotted with zinc coating up front (just going to do the stoptech rear kit they offer), kit also comes with lines and choice of fluid. Now the big question, this has been covered in a couple of different threads but with this setup I'm trying to figure out the right pads to get. When I get this setup the car will be on the track 1 - 3 days out of the season, but it is also a DD (8k street miles a year) and I do drive this car in the northeast in wintery conditions. I am looking at the Pagid Yellows, but would like some more seasoned input from you guys who have already tracked the S4. The tracks I will be going to are NJMP, VIR and Watkins Glen and I don't mind the dust!
    2011 S4 - Ibis Prestige / 6MT / Sport Diff / APR STG 2 / APR Carbino 1+2 / Milltek Resonated / KW V2's / SPC Upper Control Arms / RS5 BBK w/ RS29s / HRE FF01's w/ PSS & Peeler's w/ Dunlop SP Winter Sport 3D

AZ Member #

I actually don't get much dust from the Pagids (no more than stock, maybe less?) and I find them very streetable. No noise except during extreme track abuse weekends.

I was never sold on those Zinc coatings. I just don't understand the science and neither did the people selling it to me. I'd pass on it.

Established Member Two Rings Doc Masher's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Update.

TELEMETRICS GEAR USED
    - GoPro Hero Black Edition
    - Track addict apple App Ram Mount system to mount it in the car
    - GPS antenna for Track Addict
    - Garmin 76CSX GPS Ram Mount system to mount it in the car

BRAKES
    -Stoptech ST-60 355mm BBK (front)
    -RS5 dust shields
    -Stoptech sr34 pads(front)
    -Carbotech XP8 pads (rear)
    -Stoptech stainless lines
    -Stoptech STR-660 brake fluid

TIRES/WHEELS
    -VMR 718 matt black 18x9.5 (weigh 24.5lbs each)
    -Nitto NT01 275/35/ZR18 tires

SUSPENSION
    -Eurocode Alu Kreuz drivetrain stabilizer

ENGINE
    -APR CPS

MODS THAT ARE IN THE GARAGE AND WILL BE INSTALLED SOON
    -Brake cooling system

SUPPORT GEAR
    -Tire pressure gauge
    -Breaker bar
    -Torque wrench
    -Socket kit with adapters
    -Electric impact gun
    -Brake fluid
    -Coolant
    -Wood Blocks/chocks(don't set your park brake after a track run)
    -Floor jack

PREPERATION
    - Deflate tires to 28 front and 28 rear at the track (research in progress)
    - I try to keep tire pressures @ 38PSI hot

TIMES
    -Spring mountain: CW with infield no "buss stop" 2:43 top speed 132MPH
    -Auto Club Speedway: CCW "Roval" 1:58 top speed 141MPH

POST BBK TIMES
    -Auto Club Speedway: CCW "Roval" 1:56.78 top speed 140MPH

The BBK definitely made a positive change for me. I am not overly happy with the Stoptech sr-34 pads, and when they are done I will be changing to the Carbotech XP-12s or higher. I will also be moving to the XP-10s in the rear. Will be posting Spring Mountain times in a few weeks. Im still working on the cooling air flow in the wheel well, it will be the final stage of the brake performance work, aside from Carbotech pads for the ST-60 kit.
    2011 S4 S-tronic, Sports Differential, Titanium Package, Stoptech BBK ST-60 355MM, Alu Kreuz and APR CPS pump with reservoir separator

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Masher View Post
    Update.

TELEMETRICS GEAR USED

BRAKES
    -RS5 dust shields

TIRES/WHEELS

SUSPENSION

ENGINE
    -APR CPS

-Brake cooling system

SUPPORT GEAR
    -Tire pressure gauge
    -Breaker bar
    -Torque wrench
    -Electric impact gun
    -Brake fluid
    -Coolant
    -Floor jack

PREPERATION

TIMES

POST BBK TIMES

The BBK definitely made a positive change for me. I am not overly happy with the Stoptech sr-34 pads, and when they are done I will be changing to the Carbotech XP-12s or higher. I will also be moving to the XP-10s in the rear. Will be posting Spring Mountain times in a few weeks. Im still working on the cooling air flow in the wheel well, it will be the final stage of the brake performance work, aside from Carbotech pads for the ST-60 kit.
    Sorry, noob question but what does the RS5 Dust shield do?

Senior Member Three Rings s4nAri's Avatar
    AZ Member #

TIMES
    -Auto Club Speedway: CCW "Roval" 1:58 top
    Are you heading to Spring mountain on the 12th?

Senior Member Three Rings iceboss23's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2010 S4, 2001 allroad

So you got the 275/35/18 to work without rubbing? I have asked this on several threads and never gotten a real solid answer. Lots of people saying it's probably too wide. care to share your experiences/thoughts?

Update.

TELEMETRICS GEAR USED

BRAKES
    -RS5 dust shields

TIRES/WHEELS

SUSPENSION

ENGINE
    -APR CPS

-Brake cooling system

SUPPORT GEAR
    -Tire pressure gauge
    -Breaker bar
    -Torque wrench
    -Electric impact gun
    -Brake fluid
    -Coolant
    -Floor jack

PREPERATION

TIMES

POST BBK TIMES

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    95.5 Audi S6 Track car 2010 S4 with mods 2006 Audi A4 2.0T S line w/ mods, 1974 Alfa Romeo 2000 GTV

I run 275/35X18 Nitto NT05 on TSW 18X9.5 Interlogos wheels. No rubbing on the street or track on stock ride height. Front offset is 43mm, and rear is 45mm. The 45mm offset would not work on the right front because the suspension arms are cast, and therefore the offset on each side is different. BTW, I used a Mercedes application for the wheels which is a 53mm offset. I then used spacers with studs to work out the fitment. I hope this helps.

Veteran Member Four Rings NWS4Guy's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 Range Rover Evoque 2010 Audi S4

Content directly related to the topic (posted it in Chatterbox, but still is awesome)

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...ning-large-pic!)
    Like a surgeon with a scalpel, my S4 is a precision instrument, with which I carve and dissect my way through traffic.

2010 S4 Prem+, Quartz Gray, S-tronic, Sport Diff, B&O, Nav, Gray Birch
    StopTech ST-60 BBK - Stratmosphere intake - APR v2.2 Stage 2 w/pulley + exhaust, v2 Coolant System
    Alu-Kreuz, Apikol rear diff mount, 034 transmission mount

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by AKPS4 View Post
    Sounds like a lot of people track their S4 and use as a DD. I'm trying to gauge if it's reasonable to track my S4 and expect to keep the car for 6-8 more years without any major issues.

Id like to hear your guys thoughts. This is essentially a huge financial decision and I can't get a track car and have a DD. Id like to know if this is going to be a money pit or actually worth going through with.

I've always wanted to to track but unfortunately can't afford the truck, trailer, dedicated track car, etc... So the daily/track combo is my only option.

Anyways, I'f anyone has had any mechanical failures/issues or major wear/tear due to tracking I'd like to know about it. Or if there is anything else to know please post up.

I'm on the fence of getting the AP RAdi-cal BBK and then look into coil overs by next year if I go forward with this.
    This is a great question which has me wondering the same...I must say with the tune and supporting mods the S4 has been a blast on the track, although it feels heavy. My experience so far the car has been reliable as both.........the more you spend time on this forum though, the more likely you're going to spend the money on the AP Radi-cals and coils...so just do it now lol

Veteran Member Four Rings NWS4Guy's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 Range Rover Evoque 2010 Audi S4

Quote Originally Posted by macbook1 View Post
    This is a great question which has me wondering the same...I must say with the tune and supporting mods the S4 has been a blast on the track, although it feels heavy. My experience so far the car has been reliable as both.........the more you spend time on this forum though, the more likely you're going to spend the money on the AP Radi-cals and coils...so just do it now lol

Very possible, but also determinate on how hard and often you are going to track it.
    Like a surgeon with a scalpel, my S4 is a precision instrument, with which I carve and dissect my way through traffic.

2010 S4 Prem+, Quartz Gray, S-tronic, Sport Diff, B&O, Nav, Gray Birch
    StopTech ST-60 BBK - Stratmosphere intake - APR v2.2 Stage 2 w/pulley + exhaust, v2 Coolant System
    Alu-Kreuz, Apikol rear diff mount, 034 transmission mount

AZ Member #
    My Garage

after further thought and some more researching, i decided to hold off. The cost of brakes, coils, track fees, gas, tolls, tires, pads, etc. will add up very fast here in NY and i can easily spend 10K in the next 2-3 years. I'd rather pay off some student loans and maybe come back around to this next year. I've only got 22k miles so there is still plenty of time with this car and who knows what the future will bring. Sales for all these parts will always be there and more parts will always comes up.

Until then i'd like to keep hearing about how these cars are holding up to the track abuse as the miles rack up. I hope people did jump on the Radi-Cal brake deal as it was phenomenal for those who could afford it. Reviews will be needed.

Established Member Two Rings Doc Masher's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Sorry, noob question but what does the RS5 Dust shield do?
    They allow some airflow to the rotor assembly, without cooking the sensors and boots of components around the brakes. When you do not run brake shields, you can destroy the mentioned parts under heavy braking.

Quote Originally Posted by s4nAri View Post
    Are you heading to Spring mountain on the 12th?
    No, going to the Porsche event, I have to work the weekend of the Audi event:(

Quote Originally Posted by iceboss23 View Post
    So you got the 275/35/18 to work without rubbing? I have asked this on several threads and never gotten a real solid answer. Lots of people saying it's probably too wide. care to share your experiences/thoughts?
    Yes I did, see this thread: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...brake-line-kit. There are some other threads you can look up on the subject too. Wheel brand and model are components of the equation as well. The one thing I will add is that recently I found out the hard way that the fender liners can get worn out and start to flex in places that will create issues with light rubbing. I installed new front fender liners and all is back to normal now.
    2011 S4 S-tronic, Sports Differential, Titanium Package, Stoptech BBK ST-60 355MM, Alu Kreuz and APR CPS pump with reservoir separator

AZ Member #

Anyone do the Porsche World Roadshow? Nothing like driving a new 911 to remind us we still drive luxury sedans.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by AKPS4 View Post
    after further thought and some more researching, i decided to hold off. The cost of brakes, coils, track fees, gas, tolls, tires, pads, etc. will add up very fast here in NY and i can easily spend 10K in the next 2-3 years. I'd rather pay off some student loans and maybe come back around to this next year. I've only got 22k miles so there is still plenty of time with this car and who knows what the future will bring. Sales for all these parts will always be there and more parts will always comes up.

Until then i'd like to keep hearing about how these cars are holding up to the track abuse as the miles rack up. I hope people did jump on the Radi-Cal brake deal as it was phenomenal for those who could afford it. Reviews will be needed.
    Your car seems pretty good to go for a first time track outing. Get down to NJMP Thunderbolt for a weekend and try it out. You don't need coilovers to track. I don't even have them and I'm one of the faster guys out there.

Senior Member Three Rings iceboss23's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2010 S4, 2001 allroad

Dont let Wes' modesty fool you. He actually turned down Red Bull Racing for Weber's old spot. Yes he's that quick, but more importantly he knows that much about how to set up the fastest chariot with four doors out there...

Your car seems pretty good to go for a first time track outing. Get down to NJMP Thunderbolt for a weekend and try it out. You don't need coilovers to track. I don't even have them and I'm one of the faster guys out there.