Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: San Antonio, TX

Established Member Four Rings Ape Factory's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    RS5/Infiniti QX70S stormtrooper/Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 10th Anniversary

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Cars and Coffee is a good place to start. Second Saturday of every month. https://www.facebook.com/pages/San-A...a5yxa0Uc8qH4hM

I think there's a Thursday night meet up here in San Antonio as well. I've not been.

The LoneStar chapter of the Audi National club just had their meet last month. Was a lot of fun and cars from all over the state. There's also autocross and a few members participate in that. There's a good group that sort of revolves around Cavender Audi on the NW side off of I-10.

Drag strip is on the East side of town but I haven't gotten out there yet.

Where'd you move from? Post photo of your car. Might have seen you on I-10 not too long ago. Only a few visibly modded S4's that I've come across.
    Instagram: redmist5 Youtube; https://tinyurl.com/redmistvideos
    2013 Audi RS5 Misano Red-Klassen ID M10/JHM Tune/AWE Exhaust/Eventuri Intake/Bilstein PSS10/H&R Sways/STERN/CR-15//ECS SS Brake Lines/Rear Diff Bushing/ECS rear diff inserts, front end links/034 Motorsports subframe inserts & Rear End Links/Tranny insert/E-code head, tail lights/Maxton splitter/Red Trim Start Button/black emblems/VCDS.

Active Member Two Rings Blkdoutv's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Image1531627674.577716.jpg

Not sure if you can see this. Moved here from Virginia and now living in the stone oak area,bought the car from a guy in these forums, great guy, beautiful car! Couldnít be more happy

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

AZ Member #

Image1531627824.546526.jpg

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Not the car I saw. Was black. Silver is a great color, especially for San Antonio with all the dust. But welcome to the neighborhood! I'm West of you off of I-10 in the Oakland Estates neighborhood.

Pic of mine:
    2013 Audi RS5 Misano Red-Klassen ID M10/JHM Tune/AWE Exhaust/Eventuri Intake/Bilstein PSS10/H&R Sways/STERN/CR-15//ECS SS Brake Lines/Rear Diff Bushing/ECS rear diff inserts, front end links/034 Motorsports subframe inserts & Rear End Links/Tranny insert/E-code head, tail lights/Maxton splitter/Red Trim Start Button/black emblems/VCDS.

Active Member Two Rings taegeukauto's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2008 Acura TL

Hello. I am looking to purchase a B6/7 S4 Avant 6spd hopefully in the near future..just can't find anything close to here. Not really sure how the S4 B6/B7 models feel since Ive only driven a B6 A4 Avant while stationed in Germany back in '03. Hope to have one soon.

Veteran Member Four Rings SQive's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 R8 GT; 2016 SQ5; 2017 Q7

They're rare, but they're out there.
    Good luck!
    2012 R8 GT, Suzuka with carbon fiber (#298 of 333)
    2017 Q7 P+, Ink Blue, Pistachio Beige, Warm, Vision, Bose, Towing (wife's ride)
    2016 SQ5, Sepang, Black Optic, Technology, BBS CH-R Gold 20x10.5 with 295's
    -2014 SQ5, Monsoon, Sans pano, totaled by a Xanexed-out broad in a Denali XL

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2008 Acura TL

May have to settle for an A4 Quattro....just hope to find a decent S4 Avant manual.... not sure if I should purchase and ship or travel and likely not purchase and waste $$$

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Ouch. You got a real first-world problem there, my friend.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2008 Acura TL

Quote Originally Posted by SQive View Post
    Ouch. You got a real first-world problem there, my friend.
    Yeah I know. All the S4 Avant 6MTs are about 1000 miles away lol. A4 Avant Quattros are much closer but obviously not the same power.. I'm almost 40 and done really race my cars.. Would be more for my business representation (auto parts business) and traveling with family... Won't give up the three pedals though.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2008 Acura TL

Might have found me an S4 Avant beauty...hopefully still there when the time is right. How many B7 S4 Avants are in this group from SA?

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

2018 TTRS owner here. Lets get something going, pls!

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Cars and Coffee is a good place to start, it's the second Saturday of every month. Second, the Lone Star Audi club is really turning things up. There's an event the last Sunday of September in Austin at COTA which coincides with the Cars and Coffee event there. I don't have all the details yet but it may involve R8's and track time?

There's a list of events here: https://www.facebook.com/AudiClubLon...LyE4K4KwDi6D3g

Did you buy your car from Cavender? If so, Ariel is a good contact there for events too as he heads up the Audi Sport division for Cavender.

AZ Member #

There's a few of us B5 guys as well. You might see us on the road in between trips to the shop
    "There's nothing gay about road racing or autocross, but then there's nothing straight about it either..." - oppositelock

Veteran Member Three Rings Speedymon's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2004 S4

Any cruises in this group?
    Imola_Jon's supervisor...

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

CnC this weekend folks

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Anyone a regular at San Antonio raceway. Iíd like to hit the drag strip Friday night but thereís zero up to date info on their website or Facebook.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Ok apparently itís now called Alamo City Motorplex. New owners. Test and tune tonight beginning at 6pm and Iíll be there after work, probably around 7 or 7:30. Bring a helmet!

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Hey ape factory, that was me last night at the track in the TTRS. Lets build a group or something. Im looking for lone star audi too.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Hola! Let me find a Lone Star link for you and I'll post it up here. Did not make it to Cars and Coffee today, rain. But yeah definitely into getting something together.

- - - Updated - - -

Link: https://audiclubna.org/lone-star/

- - - Updated - - -

Link: https://audiclubna.org/lone-star/

- - - Updated - - -

I have a hard time getting to a lot of events as I work a lot of nights and Saturdays but there are some worthwhile events.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

There's usually more info on the Facebook page. Know you're not a fan of FB. See if you're able to browse through the calendar. https://www.facebook.com/AudiClubLoneStarChapter/

Going to shoot you a PM.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Almost forgot, the San Antonio sub-chapter: https://www.facebook.com/groups/3295...10326279021174

Alexander runs it and he's heavy into autocross so he can fill you in on all of that. Not sure if he's a member here.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Get registered at https://www.motorsportreg.com/events...cresson-247746 and come up to DFW for ACLS track day at MSR Cresson on October 27th.
    I mean. . .if you're not skeered.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SQive View Post
    Get registered at www.motorsportreg.com and come up to DFW for ACLS track day at MSR Cresson on October 27th.
    I mean. . .if you're not skeered.
    That'd be fun! But one acronym; COTA. You guys race F1 up there at that itty bitty track? Busting balls and taking names! Didn't realize you were on this forum. It's Michel, guy who attempted to give you directions to Top Golf here in SA for the state meet earlier this year. Love your GT!

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Thanks! Yeah...I joined this site when I got my first SQ5, and did a build thread when I got my second one. Build thread. See? I'm a normal guy. The GT was just "brain tumors=fuck retirement."

I've done three days at CotA in the GT last year. Was signed up for this year but hydroplaned coming home from the track inspection. The damage was aesthetic, but rendered it untrackworthy. Gonna sign up again this year. Until then, Cresson is a great "little" track. Personally, I absolutely love the full 3.1 mile track, but the 1.7 is pretty decent. So, ya' comin', are are ya' skeered?

AZ Member #
    My Garage

LOL, well I fully appreciate your "brain tumors=fuck retirement." I keep trying to get my own father, who can more than afford anything, to "invest" but so far no luck. I'm more than happy to inherit. But he's a cheap bastard and distinctively NOT a car guy. Need to have my DNA checked.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

LOL! That's great. Kind of the opposite of Beaufort T. Justice and Junior. . ."When we get home, I'm gonna punch yo' mama in the mouth." Loved that movie.
    You know, you can inherit a car as easily as anything else. Tell him, "Pops, (or whatever you call him) you might as well get a little enjoyment out of what I'm gonna spend the inheritance on."

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Looks like I may be putting this thing back together this coming weekend, oh joy!

AZ Member #

I'd love to help... AKA, drink a beer and watch
    "There's nothing gay about road racing or autocross, but then there's nothing straight about it either..." - oppositelock

AZ Member #

Hey guys, hoping to unload some aftermarket stuff to local Audi people. I have awe touring exhaust, GIAC Stage 2 that comes with the AWE pulley and belt, CF ECS rear diffuser, and a full set of CF inserts. All came off of my 2014 S4(currently has 39k miles on it). Maybe looking to unload the car as well, just shoot me a text if youíre interested. Iím in the stone oak area, 843-476-9201.

Veteran Member Three Rings Speedymon's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2004 S4

Quote Originally Posted by Blkdoutv View Post
    Hey guys, hoping to unload some aftermarket stuff to local Audi people. I have awe touring exhaust, GIAC Stage 2 that comes with the
    Think I've seen you around on Blanco

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Imola_Jon's supervisor...

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Honda View Post
    Looks like I may be putting this thing back together this coming weekend, oh joy!
    Yep, looks a bit more complicated than were I was at a few weekends ago. Mine was a mere carbon clean.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2017 Chrysler Pacifica

Hey Central Texas folks. Name is Phil and I have a 2019 RS3 on order. Not new to VAG... had a 2012 Golf R and 2016 S3. Big plans for the car, so looking for it getting to San Antonio... some day!

Does anyone ever go to C&C?
    On order: 2019 Nardo Gray Audi RS3 with carbon inserts, RS Design package, dynamic package, technology package, black optics

AZ Member #
    My Garage

There's a drive up to Fredericksburg on the 20th (Sunday) if you're interested Baylorguy. Should be a good mix of cars going up from San Antonio and Austin. Don't have to be a member of Audi Club. We're meeting at 10am at The Rim, Starbucks, before heading up to Fredericksburg.
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2182249925369936/

Ack. I read your post wrong....I'm sure you can bring whatever car you have now. First stop is a winery then a beer hall.

And yes, there's a group of us that regularly goes to C&C although every single last one of them going back to like October or November has rained. January would have been sunny but they cancelled it as the hosting church (we use their parking lot) had an event. So February will be the first one of the year.

We've also gone to the one in Austin which is about 4X the size.
    Last edited by Ape Factory; 01-14-2019 at 08:19 AM.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Just a reminder about tomorrow's meet and drive. Weather should be brilliant. Right now there are 31 people attending from as far away as Waco.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12