Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 324 of 324 FirstFirst ... 224274314322323324
Results 12,921 to 12,949 of 12949
    Veteran Member Four Rings tankdeer's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    A Unicorn

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by daught View Post
    That's for answering my questions. So you don't think it's worth replacing the trans mount? It looks ok, but I want to make sure I eliminate all possible sources of slack.

Also, is it necessary to drop the subframe or lift the engine to replace the engine mounts on the 3.2?
    I wouldn't, but that's me. You can always start with the engine mounts and if you are not happy move to the trans.

I haven't done a 3.2 but I have on a 4.2 and you definitely need to lift the engine a bit. I honestly don't remember if we dropped the subframe or not. It will certainly make access easier as it's very tight.

Active Member Two Rings theguysinger's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by tankdeer View Post
    That seems like a lot, but it's hard to tell in pics. An ounce or two is normal
    Alright, thanks man. It was roughly .3-.5 of a quart which seemed a little excessive. Iíll have the valve cover off in a few weeks so Iíll check it out and hopefully a new gasket helps a little.

Veteran Member Four Rings drewgold's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1981 Kawasaki KZ440 and too many bikes and skis!

Just replaced my front shocks and all 8 control arms as well as installed B5 spring perches which lowered the front end about 3/4". Didn't touch the tie rods as I'll need to replace my steering rack sometime soon.

Question is, should I get an alignment done now or wait until I do my steering rack in a month or two? How important is it to have an alignment after doing control arms and lowering the front a bit? I don't notice anything out of the ordinary with drivability since doing the work. The best alignment shops in my area are booking for at least 2 weeks from now anyway, but wondering if I can get by for longer without burning up my tires? I'll likely rack up at least a few thousand miles in the next month. Any advice?
    2006 A4 Avant, 2.0TQM - JHM Stg 1 Tune - Unitronic HFC/3" Downpipe - 034 Street Motor/Trans Mounts - APR Snub Mount - S4 RSB - 034 Turbo Inlet Hose - JHM Short Shifter - Brembo Q5 Front Brakes w/ceramic pads - S4 Rear Brakes - Stock Sport Suspension - Black Alcantara Recaro Interior - Summer: 19" OEM S5 wheels, 19x8.5 ET32 w/ Conti DW tires - Winter: OEM 18" USP wheels, 18x8 ET43 w/ Nokian Hakkapeliitta studded tires - Dolphin Grey FTW!

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

I wouldn't, but that's me. You can always start with the engine mounts and if you are not happy move to the trans.

I haven't done a 3.2 but I have on a 4.2 and you definitely need to lift the engine a bit. I honestly don't remember if we dropped the subframe or not. It will certainly make access easier as it's very tight.
    On 1.8s I just dremel off the bolt that is sticking out the past the nut. That allows the mounts to come out by only lifting up the engine a bit. Last time I dropped the subframe the welded nuts stripped. I want to avoid touching the subframe.

Veteran Member Four Rings pAid4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Golf Clubs and Snowboards

Took the recaros out of the A4 and went back to stock. Forgot about swapping back my passenger occupency detection module and got the airbag light...swapped the module back, light still on...assuming I need vag-com to reset the light?
    -Nic

2008 Ibis White A4 Avant 2.0T S-line 6MT / 90K Miles / APR Stage II / 034 HFC / STaSIS Exhaust / Alcantara Recaros / 19x9.5 TSW's / Other Stuff

2013 Glacier White Q7 Prestige 3.0T S-line CPO / 70K Miles / Black Headliner / Sport Wheel / Sport Seats / Advanced Key / Navigation / Side Assist

Senior Member Three Rings Dondbg's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    MB w203

Got a B7 2.0T Quattro Avant, will it make sense / a difference / ok to swap the rear sway bar with an S4 B6 Sedan one. ?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    MB w203

Quote Originally Posted by pAid4 View Post
    Took the recaros out of the A4 and went back to stock. Forgot about swapping back my passenger occupency detection module and got the airbag light...swapped the module back, light still on...assuming I need vag-com to reset the light?
    Correct

Veteran Member Four Rings vvenom800tt's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by EvolutionArmory View Post
    Do you need the special VAG fuel pump tool to remove a B7 fuel pump like prior models have needed? The 2.0T is not listed in the description.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...tool/3307~oev/
    No just use a flat head to push the clip in and pull it off.
    2005.5 Audi A4 Quattro 2.0T 6MT - APR - 034 - Custom 3" single exhaust - 17z Brembo - GFB - Alzor - Kumho - ST - Injen - Swift - Hyperco - ECS - Saikou Michi - PowerFlex - Podi

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Do you need the special VAG fuel pump tool to remove a B7 fuel pump like prior models have needed? The 2.0T is not listed in the description.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...tool/3307~oev/
    For the lock ring just use a flat head and a hammer to knock it around.
    2005.5 Audi A4 Quattro 2.0T 6MT - APR - 034 - Custom 3" single exhaust - 17z Brembo - GFB - Alzor - Kumho - ST - Injen - Swift - Hyperco - ECS - Saikou Michi - PowerFlex - Podi

Senior Member Four Rings Theiceman's Avatar
    AZ Member #

https://www.ebay.com/itm/U281-Code-R...EAAOSwQFVar7GI

holly cow its gone up !! I paid 12 for mine !! lol
    2014 Nissan Murano
    2006 A4 2.0TQ 6spd
    1978 Porsche 911SC Targa
    1976 Yamaha XS 360

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    A Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Dondbg View Post
    Got a B7 2.0T Quattro Avant, will it make sense / a difference / ok to swap the rear sway bar with an S4 B6 Sedan one. ?
    The S4 one is slightly larger. There is no difference between avant & sedan to prevent it from bolting up.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    MB w203

The S4 one is slightly larger. There is no difference between avant & sedan to prevent it from bolting up.
    Larger as in thicker.
    I know it will bolt up
    What Iím asking: is it ok to swap only the rear bar, and no drama after a while and will have to go back and swap something else ?

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

My dumb question is, do these cars ever run right?

I just picked up an '08 A4 S Line from some friends with 53k original miles. I've had it for a month, had a CEL for the intake manifold flap motor, which was under warranty for 100,000 mils or ten years, luckily my car turns 10 next month. But it seems like there are a lot of inherit problems with the 2.0T engine. I guess all I can do is keep up on the maintenance and hope for the best?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    A Unicorn

Larger as in thicker.
    I know it will bolt up
    What Iím asking: is it ok to swap only the rear bar, and no drama after a while and will have to go back and swap something else ?
    Correct, larger as in thicker. And yes, completely fine to just swap the rear. Most people on here don't find much benefit in upgrading the front

Quote Originally Posted by Tenbender View Post

I just picked up an '08 A4 S Line from some friends with 53k original miles. I've had it for a month, had a CEL for the intake manifold flap motor, which was under warranty for 100,000 mils or ten years, luckily my car turns 10 next month. But it seems like there are a lot of inherit problems with the 2.0T engine. I guess all I can do is keep up on the maintenance and hope for the best?
    Of course they run right if you take care of them

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Are the 3.2 sway bars also thicker? The 3.2 b7 with OEM sport shocks at 190km has way less body roll compared to my old b6 with koni fsd.

Senior Member Three Rings supple's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    I don't have a garage

Quote Originally Posted by daught View Post
    Are the 3.2 sway bars also thicker? The 3.2 b7 with OEM sport shocks at 190km has way less body roll compared to my old b6 with koni fsd.
    Engine didn't change the sway bars, as far as I know. I believe there's 4 sizes to the B7 rear sway bar:

Base - 16mm
    Sport Suspension / S-Line - 18mm
    S4 - 20mm
    RS4 - 22mm

Then there's bigger aftermarkets
    2007 Brilliant Black A4 Quattro | Unitronic Stage 1+ | Bilstein Sport + H&R Sport | Apikol Snub | GFB DV+ | 034 Turbo Inlet, Street Density Motor Mounts, RSB & End Links, Upper/Lower Control Arms | Pipercross Filter

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    A Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by supple View Post
    I believe there's 4 sizes to the B7 rear sway bar:

Base - 16mm
    Sport Suspension / S-Line - 18mm
    S4 - 20mm
    RS4 - 22mm

Then there's bigger aftermarkets
    That's correct. Engine between the A4 doesn't matter, just sport suspension

Veteran Member Four Rings mcpcartier's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Of course they run right if you take care of them
    Agree with pat. These are not maintenance free vehicles....in fact they need more TLC than most. But if you keep on top of things they run great. Mines at 218k and all is great. To put things in perspective.....I've done the following in 2018

- oil change
    - cam follower replacement
    - replaced the coolant temperature switch
    - change the PCV

Less than $100 in parts this year.

Last year I spent $1800, but that includes $500 for recaro's and about $500 for a set of tires. The other $800 was spread around a battery, new HID bulbs, tie rod ends, OEM thermostat, set of ignition coils, several oil changes, and few minor things (wiper blades, expansion tank. etc...).

So taking out that $1000 I've put in about $900 over 18 months. Way more than I've spent on the xB over that same period....but very reasonable.
    2007 2.0T Q 6MT, S-Line, Ti Package, BB
    Revo Stage 2 | JHM Stage 1 Clutch | K&N Drop in | APR HPFP | 034 HFC | AWE Catback | 034 SD Tranny & Motor Mounts | Neuspeed Snub | H&R Sport Springs | Bilsteins | Moog ACA | B5 Perches (removed) | RS4 RSB | ABT Drilled n Slotted Rotors | Redstuff Front & Akebono Rear | Podi Stepper Boost Gauge | Recaro's | H&R Spacers 15f/20r | Clear Corners w/Blackout | Smoked Frt Markers | Cupra R Lip | 20% Tint

Established Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by vvenom800tt View Post
    For the lock ring just use a flat head and a hammer to knock it around.
    Removing the outer ring isnít an issue. I have brass and wood punches for that. I was only asking about the pump body itself. These B7 fuel pumps use a pin and spring to keep the lower pump secured in the tank now. Found that out the other day.

Thanks for the reply though.

Established Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Wait until you start tuning them. Then shit really starts to break.

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Removing the outer ring isnít an issue. I have brass and wood punches for that. I was only asking about the pump body itself. These B7 fuel pumps use a pin and spring to keep the lower pump secured in the tank now. Found that out the other day.

Thanks for the reply though.
    Ohh yeah it just sorta slots into the main basket. It took a few goes to get it sorted for me.

Nothing special though once you get the pin in the hole

Established Member Two Rings geerd's Avatar
    AZ Member #

flex pipe broke is there a bolt /clamp on option? (middle of divorce so cash strapped )

Veteran Member Four Rings ericw.'s Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by geerd View Post
    flex pipe broke is there a bolt /clamp on option? (middle of divorce so cash strapped )
    Take it to a muffler shop, they'll have flex pipes on hand and can weld one in and it really doesn't cost that much. Take the car in dirty because they always give better prices to non-enthusiast types. lol
    IG @lolzhax // agilitydrives.us
    C7 S7 4.0tt | LX7U | STG1 ECU+TCU | RFX7 | EVO2 | EUROCODE SWAYS | CETE ASC | RS7 FR+R | Indicator Delete | Hardwired | Straight Piped
    b7 a4 2.0t | Stage 2+ | Recaro | Klutch KM20 | Pirelli P1 | 034 TP | Custom AWE | IE HPFP | JHM FMIC | ECS Slotted Rotors | Hawk Pads | Podi | 034 RSB + End links | DTM | Relak CF | OSRAM Headlights | Custom Steering Wheel | Android Multimedia | JL Audio| CF Wrapped Trim | Tinted | [sold]

Veteran Member Four Rings pAid4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Golf Clubs and Snowboards

Correct
    Since my original module was only missing for a moment, do I need to do any kind of "adaptation" with vag-com or is it literally just clearing it?
    -Nic

2008 Ibis White A4 Avant 2.0T S-line 6MT / 90K Miles / APR Stage II / 034 HFC / STaSIS Exhaust / Alcantara Recaros / 19x9.5 TSW's / Other Stuff

2013 Glacier White Q7 Prestige 3.0T S-line CPO / 70K Miles / Black Headliner / Sport Wheel / Sport Seats / Advanced Key / Navigation / Side Assist

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    MB w203

Since my original module was only missing for a moment, do I need to do any kind of "adaptation" with vag-com or is it literally just clearing it?
    Have a lot at:

Step 7: Checking Fault Codes & Applying the Basic Setting to calibrate the Pressure Control Module

http://nickscarblog.com/diy/how-to-i...-warning-light

Established Member Two Rings bigheadb7's Avatar
    AZ Member #

So after replacing valve cover, oil filter, oil cooler gaskets 2k miles ago. My car started burning a lot of damn oil. No sign of leaks anymore btw. Car used to burn about half quart to quart every 2500 miles, now car is burning 1 quart every 500 miles. And every time I floor it i see white smoke on the rear view mirror. Any help?

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    08 A4, 87 Jag XJ6, Lex RX300, HD Street Rod, Grumman Yankee AA1A

Quote Originally Posted by bigheadb7 View Post
    So after replacing valve cover, oil filter, oil cooler gaskets 2k miles ago. My car started burning a lot of damn oil. No sign of leaks anymore btw. Car used to burn about half quart to quart every 2500 miles, now car is burning 1 quart every 500 miles. And every time I floor it i see white smoke on the rear view mirror. Any help?

How do the plugs look? At a rate of 1 quart/500 miles they would likely be very sooty and black. Do a compression check to eliminate the rings and valve guides/seals. If compression is good, check the IC piping for oil. If there is no or little oil there you might have a bad bearing seal in the TC and be pushing oil into the hot section and out the exhaust. If there is significant oil in the IC piping, that would usually indicate a bad VC (even though you recently replaced it). Check the front passageway in the VC to see if it holds pressure or a vacuum (from the PCV valve, left side of VC, to the large port going to the pre-TC port, larger hose on right front of VC). It's an easy check.

Veteran Member Four Rings drewgold's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1981 Kawasaki KZ440 and too many bikes and skis!

Changed my oil today and did a BG EPR treatment before changing the oil.

I took the car out for a test drive after the oil change and noticed that my oil pressure is a bit higher than normal. Same oil, same weight as last time.

Iíd say pressure is about 3-5psi higher at idle and at 3k rpms. Is this normal? Maybe I just havenít ever noticed but seems a bit odd. Used an Mann oil filter this time and I think I used OEM last time, guess that could be whatís causing the difference in pressure?

Is this anything I should be concerned about? Thereís no way the filter could have ended up out of alignment in the housing or something is there?

Iíve done oil changes on my car dozens of times but havenít ever noticed this. Doing a big road trip tomorrow so want to make sure thereís not something I need to be concerned about!
    2006 A4 Avant, 2.0TQM - JHM Stg 1 Tune - Unitronic HFC/3" Downpipe - 034 Street Motor/Trans Mounts - APR Snub Mount - S4 RSB - 034 Turbo Inlet Hose - JHM Short Shifter - Brembo Q5 Front Brakes w/ceramic pads - S4 Rear Brakes - Stock Sport Suspension - Black Alcantara Recaro Interior - Summer: 19" OEM S5 wheels, 19x8.5 ET32 w/ Conti DW tires - Winter: OEM 18" USP wheels, 18x8 ET43 w/ Nokian Hakkapeliitta studded tires - Dolphin Grey FTW!

Veteran Member Three Rings B7OrangeA4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

One of my o2 sensors keeps failing when I check via vag com, but no codes telling me which one. Any way to tell?

2007 Burnt Orange Audi A4 | S-line | Titanium package | JHM Stage 2 | 034 HFC | Techtonics DP | Stasis exhaust | PSS9 coilovers | AWE FMIC | JHM HPFP | FLY LED V4 + CC | RS4 grille | S4 mirrors | AWE boost gauge | P3 gauge | 034 TIP | recaro seats | Carbonio intake | BSH catch can | GFB DV+ | APR snub mount | 034 street mounts | Cupra lip | vmr 710 |

Page 324 of 324 FirstFirst ... 224274314322323324