Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 356 of 359 FirstFirst ... 256306346354355356357358 ... LastLast
Results 14,201 to 14,240 of 14349
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    05' WK Jeep 5.7l Hemi

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by tankdeer View Post
    I've done it. Not with a complete donor vehicle, but that's a pretty decent deal. We probably spent about $3k-$4k or so on the swap. It can vary depending on what you do
    Alright, 3-4 doesn't sound too bad honestly. The guy says it was his daughters who is off at college now and it's been sitting for months. Just wants it gone. I haven't loved my car in years, hopefully a new swap will bring my joy back.
    '2008 Brilliant Black A4 Avant S-line/Ti 6Speed Quattro'

Veteran Member Four Rings tankdeer's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    A Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Yogie View Post
    Alright, 3-4 doesn't sound too bad honestly. The guy says it was his daughters who is off at college now and it's been sitting for months. Just wants it gone. I haven't loved my car in years, hopefully a new swap will bring my joy back.
    A swap will definitely do it

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Anyone know if the physical height of the headlights can be adjusted? Swapping to xenon's and my headlights have always had a bit of a gap at the top where they meet the fender. Wondering if the outer screws are adjustable in a similar way to the bumper height adjusters.

Senior Member Four Rings Dondbg's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    MB w203

Quote Originally Posted by naiku View Post
    Anyone know if the physical height of the headlights can be adjusted? Swapping to xenon's and my headlights have always had a bit of a gap at the top where they meet the fender. Wondering if the outer screws are adjustable in a similar way to the bumper height adjusters.
    They are adjustable, the two screws holding the headlight.

Side Note if your front carrier was removed in to service position, it could be sitting not in the centre; in you case too high, may be, I had the same issue when I did my TM service and went back and aligned the whole thing.

AZ Member #

Thanks, got them sitting pretty nicely. Of course, the bumper on the driver's side where it meets the fender is not quite lined up nicely now, but going to tackle that another day.

Different question.... While under the car changing the oil (and finding a coolant leak...) I found that the plastic shield is destroyed. Now I know there are metal ones for the front larger piece, but the back smaller one is pretty much split in 2, are there metal replacements for that as well? Or only that front section.

Veteran Member Four Rings Pat_McGroin's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by mcpcartier View Post
    Thanks brotha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rick
    Brilliant Black 2008 S4 Avant Tip.
    Gone but never gotten - Ibis 2010 A3 2.0T

Veteran Member Four Rings viperdsa's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Angry Gerbils

Do you need to drain the oil pan if you are going to remove the turbo oil return line?
    2006 Dolphin Gray A4 2.0T Quattro

Established Member Two Rings bigheadb7's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by abbottcostello View Post
    I just paid $3800 for my '07 Avant Black on black, 2.0 MT6 200,6XX on odo., but 'only' 80,000 on engine since a documented engine rebuild by local Audi dealer. Both front fenders & drivers door are silver. I was glad there is no rust on the car, even if it's 2-tone. IMO it's a lot easier to prep & get some black laid on those panels, than have to do rust repair, THEN prep/paint, but with a good amount of mech. exp. I'm probably not a typical buyer. The plus for me was a folder of receipts for all the work done on the car since day 1 & the amount of maint. that was done in the last 4 months before I bought it, timing belt, water pump, t-stat, performance clutch, all new pads & rotors w/2 new calipers, ALL fluids changed (oil, proper coolant, brake fluid, tranny/fr. diff, rear diff.), new plugs & OEM coils, updated DV. Bonus is it's got a mild tune by a local tuner.
    I probably could have got it closer to $3500 if I bargained harder, but the guy I bought it from was honest with me & was fixing car up for himself (his work as a heavy equip. mechanic earned him his own service truck). All the verifiable recent work by someone knowledgeable w/German car needs & the complete history are what sold me!

KBB.com on your car is probably around $3600 - $6000 in good condition, I'd guess $5200 if bumper is painted, $4800 as is. That's just a ballpark opinion based on what I can see in 1 pic! (other than a red bumper the car looks pretty good in the photo)
    Car is actually good mechanically, I am the second owner and I had to deal with all the ďregularĒ maintenance of the car like Pcv, oil filter housing, valve cover gasket, coolant flange, t belt and thermostat, brakes all around, new tires, heater core, Spark plugs, 4 new coils. Cosmetically the car is in rough shape and thatís because my wife drives it and doesnít take care of it that much. I tried to trade it in and they offered me 1500 which I turned down because of so much time and money I invested on the car. I thought about taking the L and paint the bumper, so I can get more maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Veteran Member Four Rings canadianA4B7's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    parts

Quote Originally Posted by viperdsa View Post
    Do you need to drain the oil pan if you are going to remove the turbo oil return line?
    To make 50-100% less mess itís much easier to drain oil through the oil drain bolt.

Veteran Member Four Rings mcpcartier's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    08 xB, 13 Ex, 16 Civic EX

Quote Originally Posted by viperdsa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by canadianA4B7 View Post
    To make 50-100% less mess itís much easier to drain oil through the oil drain bolt.
    I didn't' and wish I had....having as much of the oil drained as possible in advance of disconnecting those lines would have been a good idea mess wise.
    2007 2.0T Q 6MT, S-Line, Ti Package, BB
    Revo Stage 2 | JHM Stage 1 Clutch | K&N Drop in | APR HPFP | 034 HFC | AWE Catback | 034 SD Tranny & Motor Mounts | Neuspeed Snub | H&R Sport Springs | Bilsteins | Moog ACA | B5 Perches (removed) | RS4 RSB | ABT Drilled n Slotted Rotors | Redstuff Front & Akebono Rear | Podi Stepper Boost Gauge | Recaro's | H&R Spacers 15f/20r | Clear Corners w/Blackout | Smoked Frt Markers | Cupra R Lip | 20% Tint

AZ Member #

What UV sealant / protector do you guys recommend for using on headlight lens? I want to refresh mine and am planning to use sandpaper rather than one of the kits available. Want to make sure I pick up the correct materials so I don't have to stop half way through.
    White Wagon
    MiniDSP C-DSP 8x12, Alpine PDX-V9 & PDX-F4, a few speakers here and there

Twitter/Instagram: IDFront

Veteran Member Four Rings viziers's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2005.5 A4 2.0T

Quote Originally Posted by naiku View Post
    What UV sealant / protector do you guys recommend for using on headlight lens? I want to refresh mine and am planning to use sandpaper rather than one of the kits available. Want to make sure I pick up the correct materials so I don't have to stop half way through.
    From my experience none of them work for more than 6 - 8 months before they start to turn hazy/yellowish. I use the Sylvania one however.

vizi
    05.5 B7 A4 longest running with no motor issues at 373whp

Car:Custom JRP Mani & DP, GT3076, FWD to AWD conversion, IE 144/20, Wossner 83.5mm 9.2:1Cr, CM FX400, Ported Head Ferrea valves, EJ VC, EJ S3 Dv Flange, Custom STASIS Exh, Precision 600hp FMIC, RS4 injec, Tial 38mm, 034 SD mounts, Apikol Rear Diff, RS4 Sway, APR Snub Mnt, DO 4 port w/m direct inject, HPFPUpgrade 142bar PRV & StgII HPFP, 1.8 oil pump conv, Crnk dowel pin
    Absolute Automotive Tuned to 373+awhp @23.5psi (Corrected)

AZ Member #

Hmmm I might swap the lens over from my halogens then, they are in excellent shape considering how old they are. Trying to sell the halogens, but it might make sense to swap the lens over and then take my time to restore the xenon lens (now installed on the halogens). Kind of a pain as it means removing the bumper (and I already had the xenon lens off to clear corner them.... should have swapped them over then), but if it means they last longer then I am all for it.
    White Wagon
    MiniDSP C-DSP 8x12, Alpine PDX-V9 & PDX-F4, a few speakers here and there

Twitter/Instagram: IDFront

Veteran Member Four Rings viperdsa's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Angry Gerbils

Quote Originally Posted by mcpcartier View Post
    I didn't' and wish I had....having as much of the oil drained as possible in advance of disconnecting those lines would have been a good idea mess wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by canadianA4B7 View Post
    Alrighty, thanks.
    2006 Dolphin Gray A4 2.0T Quattro

Registered Member One Ring Andyshway's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 Hyundai Elantra

New owner. Can not seem to figure out how to change radio channels with Audi navigation system. It seems to have the presets and I have no clue how to change radio channels except for the 10 or whatever on the screen.

Veteran Member Four Rings DownhillA4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Stupid question but how do I connect my phone via bluetooth? I have a fully loaded true S-line and figured lets try it at some point. I have the docking piece in the center armrest but that won't work with my phone. Just curious how it works... if it still even works. Thanks
    IG: @I_like_your_box
    @downhill_a4

"If you are a true automotive enthusiast whom loves their car,
    you learn to catch rides to parties and leave your car at home."- dougyfresh

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by DownhillA4 View Post
    Stupid question but how do I connect my phone via bluetooth? I have a fully loaded true S-line and figured lets try it at some point. I have the docking piece in the center armrest but that won't work with my phone. Just curious how it works... if it still even works. Thanks
    You gotta scan/connect right after turning the car on. Like within 30 seconds or so. Itll pop up as Audi-something if i remember correct.

Unrelated note, so my car is still pulling that P0106 code. Cars going to the shop tomorrow as im baffled.

Only does it in the bitter cold (single digit negatives all week and lower), and now the car bucks/struggles to even get over 30 mph. Honestly could that all be because of my boost pressure sensor being bad? I just find it odd the car gets so awful, but only in this cold. Sensor is new and car does fine when its around/above freezing.

Senior Member Four Rings tloft4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Andyshway View Post
    New owner. Can not seem to figure out how to change radio channels with Audi navigation system. It seems to have the presets and I have no clue how to change radio channels except for the 10 or whatever on the screen.
    the seek arrows dont work? or the right dial on the steering wheel?

Veteran Member Four Rings DownhillA4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by xDeadTacox View Post
    You gotta scan/connect right after turning the car on. Like within 30 seconds or so. Itll pop up as Audi-something if i remember correct.

Unrelated note, so my car is still pulling that P0106 code. Cars going to the shop tomorrow as im baffled.

Only does it in the bitter cold (single digit negatives all week and lower), and now the car bucks/struggles to even get over 30 mph. Honestly could that all be because of my boost pressure sensor being bad? I just find it odd the car gets so awful, but only in this cold. Sensor is new and car does fine when its around/above freezing.

Thanks, will try now and report back.
    IG: @I_like_your_box
    @downhill_a4

"If you are a true automotive enthusiast whom loves their car,
    you learn to catch rides to parties and leave your car at home."- dougyfresh

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 Hyundai Elantra

Thanks, will try now and report back.
    Im having the same problem! Tell me if you figure it out! I cant figure out the code in the manual

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 Hyundai Elantra

Quote Originally Posted by tloft4 View Post
    the seek arrows dont work? or the right dial on the steering wheel?
    They just switch between the 10 presets on the screen

Veteran Member Four Rings 80sGuy's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Miele S7

Turn the key to II position and enable bluetooth on your phone, should be able to pickup. If you use an iPhone, turning the shortcut on screen does not mean your bluetooth is on even though it is showing, you'll have to physically go in to settings and select bluetooth and 'connect'.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyshway View Post
    Im having the same problem! Tell me if you figure it out! I cant figure out the code in the manual
    Code should be 1 2 3 4.

2008 A4 2.0T | Dolphin Gray Metallic/Dk Gray | multitronic | Bluetooth | Dk Wood | Convenience. | Premium. | Sprt Susp. | Bare-bone 100% factory stock!

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 Hyundai Elantra

Quote Originally Posted by 80sGuy View Post
    Turn the key to II position and enable bluetooth on your phone, should be able to pickup. If you use an iPhone, turning the shortcut on screen does not mean your bluetooth is on even though it is showing, you'll have to physically go in to settings and select bluetooth and 'connect'.

Code should be 1 2 3 4.
    Cars coming back from the shop today ill give that a try as I couldnt figure it, thanks so much!

Veteran Member Four Rings A4_PimP's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I started up my car to go home and the traction control off and the EPC light came on. I used to have that problem along with limp mode when there was rain. The car also shuddered like it was about to shut off. The ECM cover was broken by the PO and the water was getting in to the car. I replaced the cover and havenít had the issue since until today. It was also freezing cold, between -35 & 37 so no rain. I turned the car off then back on and the lights disappeared. What do you guys think?

Established Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

I think the polar vortex is going to wreak havok with a lot of cars for a while 😀
    2005.5 A4 Avant: JHM K04R, GIAC K04 tune, RS4 PRV, RS4 fuel pump controller, Treadstone TR6 intercooler core with JHM pipe kit, CTS Turbo test pipe, ECS Tuning snub mount, 034 street tranny mount, 034 street motor mounts, ECS Tuning turbo inlet pipe, ECS Tuning RA4 clutch conversion, Billy Boat Stealth cat back, Fluidampr

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B8 A5

Agreed not many IC's (integrated circuits) are designed to work in sub zero -20C or 0F temps

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by EvolutionArmory View Post
    I think the polar vortex is going to wreak havok with a lot of cars for a while
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet08 View Post
    Agreed not many IC's (integrated circuits) are designed to work in sub zero -20C or 0F temps
    Thanks guys I just wanted to make sure it wasnít something I should be looking into fixing. Yeah I donít think my friggin circuits are made to work in these temps lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AZ Member #

Are there any better motor and transmission mounts that can be used on our cars? Like when I had my B5 Passat I changed the motor mounts and transmission mounts to RS4 mounts and S4 mounts. It's been over a decade so I don't have the clearest memory but it was a pretty common thing to do.

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by A4_PimP View Post
    Are there any better motor and transmission mounts that can be used on our cars? Like when I had my B5 Passat I changed the motor mounts and transmission mounts to RS4 mounts and S4 mounts. It's been over a decade so I don't have the clearest memory but it was a pretty common thing to do.
    Depends what you're looking for in cost and performance. The most direct performance mounts would be 034. I have RS4 motor and B5 S4 transmission mounts on mine and it tightened things up really well without significant increase in cabin vibration. You do need spacers on the transmission mounts to get the correct drivetrain angle.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvania A4 View Post
    Depends what you're looking for in cost and performance. The most direct performance mounts would be 034. I have RS4 motor and B5 S4 transmission mounts on mine and it tightened things up really well without significant increase in cabin vibration. You do need spacers on the transmission mounts to get the correct drivetrain angle.
    OK your approach is what I'm looking to get. I'm not trying to build a 400hp ride or a race car. I just want OEM+ the RS4 motor mounts are plug and play? B7 is what I would be going after?

Veteran Member Four Rings i3oricua's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2006 A4; 2007 Audi Q7 3.0 TDI

OK your approach is what I'm looking to get. I'm not trying to build a 400hp ride or a race car. I just want OEM+ the RS4 motor mounts are plug and play? B7 is what I would be going after?
    Iíve had the ECS ones for a long time now. There is a bit more vibration in cabin but I donít mind to be honest. I wouldnít recommend them if youíre looking for a stockish feel.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by i3oricua View Post
    Iíve had the ECS ones for a long time now. There is a bit more vibration in cabin but I donít mind to be honest. I wouldnít recommend them if youíre looking for a stockish feel.

Yeah Iím going for a stockish feel but while Iím putting in new mounts why not step up to something a bit better. I donít track my car and Iím not looking to get crazy high horsepower. I just want good handling, reliability and performance.

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Yeah Iím going for a stockish feel but while Iím putting in new mounts why not step up to something a bit better. I donít track my car and Iím not looking to get crazy high horsepower. I just want good handling, reliability and performance.

Here's what I went with:
    https://jhmotorsports.com/products/t...llroad-v8.html
    https://www.ecstuning.com/b-hamburg-...d0199379ad~ham
    https://www.ecstuning.com/b-uro-part...8d0399151r~uro

AZ Member #

Thanks for the links

Established Member Two Rings csevans's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 Subaru Legacy 2.5 Premium

Way to repair the trim panel on the back of the front seats.
    My driver's side panel has come loose.
    Since it's pretty much hanging off, is there an easy way to repair the elastic mesh pocket?
    I don't want to just gorilla glue it up if there is a better solution.
    2007 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Quattro. Auto. Brilliant Black (LY9B).
    Billy Boat Cat Back Exhaust. Interior has been fixed. More to come.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by csevans View Post
    Way to repair the trim panel on the back of the front seats.
    My driver's side panel has come loose.
    Since it's pretty much hanging off, is there an easy way to repair the elastic mesh pocket?
    I don't want to just gorilla glue it up if there is a better solution.
    I don't have the problem myself but I've seen a couple threads where people use different adhesives. Do a search and find the threads for more info.

AZ Member #

What would have to be done if I change the ECM on my car? I bought my car used and from the things I've found the PO was a real special character. The PO did some changes on the ECM because when I got the car all the chimes were already disabled. I'd like to have an ECM that I know is stock so that I'm not chasing problems when it's just an issue with changes that have been made on the ECM. The dealership wants $150 just to check if there are updates available for the ECM modules and then the time it takes for each module to update I pay the hourly rate. When I asked if there are no updates can they flash it back to default they said it wasn't possible. I'm also thinking the money I'm going to pay the dealership I could possibly buy a stock ECM and change it. Just wondering once I change it what happens next? Is there programming or adaptation that has to be done to get it synced with my car?

Senior Member Four Rings Dondbg's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    MB w203

Can you wash the whole carpet ?

The one I have is very dirty, taking it out and water blasting / power washing it with some soap is way easier, it pretty hot these days in NZ and with our sun it should dry in a day or two.

My question is there anything can get damaged or the carpet may stretch or shrink, pretty dump I know lol but safer to ask.

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    08 A4 2L MT, 87 Jag XJ6, Lex RX350, ~20 Road Bikes, Piper Aztec, Grumman AA1

Whoa, was the previous owner carrying sheep around back there??

I wouldn't power wash but would vacuum and rigorously shampoo or CO2 vapor blast if available.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Dondbg View Post
    Can you wash the whole carpet ?

The one I have is very dirty, taking it out and water blasting / power washing it with some soap is way easier, it pretty hot these days in NZ and with our sun it should dry in a day or two.

My question is there anything can get damaged or the carpet may stretch or shrink, pretty dump I know lol but safer to ask.

Keep in mind there are wires and at least one electronic module (Comfort control module) under the carpet!

Sent from my iPad using Audizine

Page 356 of 359 FirstFirst ... 256306346354355356357358 ... LastLast