Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 372 of 373 FirstFirst ... 272322362370371372373 LastLast
Results 14,841 to 14,880 of 14883
    Veteran Member Four Rings A4_PimP's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Tow truck picked it up and dropped it off in my driveway. I started it and it of course fired up. I shut it off and tested the clutch switches, they are working. I took my foot off the clutch and tried to start the car and nothing not even the click. I put my foot back on the clutch and fired the car u again. After I shut it off the 3rd time I decided to move it into the garage and on the next crank nothing. Iím trying to think of what would be the next suspect, the starter?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Veteran Member Four Rings dalmation53's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi A4 B7

Do you need to remove spark plugs when doing timing belt to move the crank by hand or not necessary?

Sent from my Vivo One Plus using Audizine mobile app
    Ivan

Veteran Member Four Rings tankdeer's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    A Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by dalmation53 View Post
    Do you need to remove spark plugs when doing timing belt to move the crank by hand or not necessary?

Makes it easier to turn by hand but certainly not necessary

Veteran Member Four Rings dalmation53's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi A4 B7

Quote Originally Posted by tankdeer View Post
    Makes it easier to turn by hand but certainly not necessary
    Ok just wanted to make sure since is been 3 years since i did mine and i can't remember since it's service position imma slap in a new belt lol

Ivan

Senior Member Four Rings Dondbg's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    MB w203, B6 S4

Quote Originally Posted by griga View Post
    What should I use to take apart the strut/spring assembly that isnít an impact wrench? I want to get my B5 perches on but keep having to push back when I can get my hands on one. Last time I tried I couldnít get the top nut off because it spun the shock and Iíd rather not hold it and potentially damage it. (If vice grips and denim would be fine then Iím all for it)

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    I used an impact wrench and done

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    A Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Dondbg View Post
    I used an impact wrench and done
    It's by far the easiest way

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    90 Cq, 91 Cq w/3B, 95.5 Audi S6, 69 Camaro SS, Ram 1500, Aprilia RSV Mille R Haga,

Quote Originally Posted by A4_PimP View Post
    Tow truck picked it up and dropped it off in my driveway. I started it and it of course fired up. I shut it off and tested the clutch switches, they are working. I took my foot off the clutch and tried to start the car and nothing not even the click. I put my foot back on the clutch and fired the car u again. After I shut it off the 3rd time I decided to move it into the garage and on the next crank nothing. Iím trying to think of what would be the next suspect, the starter?

I had this issue and it was the starter going bad.

AZ Member #

Iím thinking it might be the alternator or the starter at this point. I have my multimeter ready to test the battery and alternator but itís raining so I have to wait until tomorrow. I had the car running this morning and I can hear like a slight grating, ticking noise by the alternator pulley. I have a dashcam, the radio is usually on and when I had to get a tow my AC was running for 10-15 minutes. Iím thinking the battery had enough juice to turn all the usual auxiliary stuff on but not enough to crank? If it turns out to be the alternator Iíve put a link to the 1A auto process I found on Youtube. Anyone done their alternator before does this sound good? I trust 1A Auto the only thing I want to make sure of is the tensioner. It seems really easy from his description just want to make sure that is correct.
    If itís the starter Iíve got it booked in at my buddyís shop for next week.

https://youtu.be/5tmVo1ovA28

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veteran Member Four Rings i3oricua's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2006 A4; 2007 Audi Q7 3.0 TDI

Iím thinking it might be the alternator or the starter at this point. I have my multimeter ready to test the battery and alternator but itís raining so I have to wait until tomorrow. I had the car running this morning and I can hear like a slight grating, ticking noise by the alternator pulley. I have a dashcam, the radio is usually on and when I had to get a tow my AC was running for 10-15 minutes. Iím thinking the battery had enough juice to turn all the usual auxiliary stuff on but not enough to crank? If it turns out to be the alternator Iíve put a link to the 1A auto process I found on Youtube. Anyone done their alternator before does this sound good? I trust 1A Auto the only thing I want to make sure of is the tensioner. It seems really easy from his description just want to make sure that is correct.
    If itís the starter Iíve got it booked in at my buddyís shop for next week.

https://youtu.be/5tmVo1ovA28

If itís the alternator you should be able to jump start the car. You can also test for voltage while itís on. Youíll have to look up the numbers for what it should look like. Alternator is an easy job. Itís 4 bolts (Allen head), 1 nut (I believe itís 13 mm), and the belt (youíll need a 17 box end wrench for the tensioner).

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by i3oricua View Post
    If itís the alternator you should be able to jump start the car. You can also test for voltage while itís on. Youíll have to look up the numbers for what it should look like. Alternator is an easy job. Itís 4 bolts (Allen head), 1 nut (I believe itís 13 mm), and the belt (youíll need a 17 box end wrench for the tensioner).

Yeah if I had tried to jump the car I would have known but I was so convinced it was the relays, clutch switches, starter I stupidly never tried. I have my multimeter and I'm going to test the battery and the alternator. It's just been raining so I'm waiting for the rain to stop so I can test. Yeah going through the youtube video it's easy the only thing I wanted to make sure of was the tensioner. If it's really just a 17 or 18mm then I will be good to go.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    A Unicorn

Yes, the tensioner is just a 17 or 18 (don't remember). The voltage with the car running should be ~13.5 IIRC. But I think if it were the alternator it would be more consistent.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Questions you thought were too dumb to ask

I donít think it would have started at all if it was the alternator but I could be wrong.

The tensioner is 17mm. Iím 100% positive about that but only because Iíve taken that belt off at least 20-29.3 times in the last few months.

AZ Member #

Yes, the tensioner is just a 17 or 18 (don't remember). The voltage with the car running should be ~13.5 IIRC. But I think if it were the alternator it would be more consistent.
    I donít think it would have started at all if it was the alternator but I could be wrong.

The tensioner is 17mm. Iím 100% positive about that but only because Iíve taken that belt off at least 20-29.3 times in the last few months.

Right now it's just a theory that's why I want to test with the multimeter to eliminate the possibility. What I was thinking is the altenator is not toast but it's not charging the battery optimally. So the battery isn't flat out. It has enough juice to power the lights, radio, blower motor. When I crank it though the voltage drop is too much to start the car. Like I said it's just a thought once I test I can rule it out and move on.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    A Unicorn

Right now it's just a theory that's why I want to test with the multimeter to eliminate the possibility. What I was thinking is the altenator is not toast but it's not charging the battery optimally. So the battery isn't flat out. It has enough juice to power the lights, radio, blower motor. When I crank it though the voltage drop is too much to start the car. Like I said it's just a thought once I test I can rule it out and move on.
    I feel like if that were the case you would likely see this more frequently. But like you said, it's an easy test.

AZ Member #

I feel like if that were the case you would likely see this more frequently. But like you said, it's an easy test.
    OK I just did the test and from what Iíve seen on Youtube the alternator is fine but the battery may need to be replaced. Unfortunately I donít have a battery load tester but the battery has a 2 year warranty. These are the voltages I saw tell me what you guys think.

Car off testing battery
    Youtube: says should be 12.6 but no lower than 12.4 volts
    Mine: 12.23 volts

Car running no load
    Youtube: 13.6 to 14 volts
    Mine: between 13.7 - 14

Car running with load
    Youtube: no lower than 13.4 volts
    Mine: 13.7

My car running with no load was 14 volts then fluctuating between 13.7 and 14. I turned on the headlights, blower fan and radio. The battery dropped to 13.7 and was fluctuating between 13.7 and 13.6. The alternator from what I saw online is fine but at 12.2 with the car off Iím thinking the battery is low? I put the charger on it and Iím going to check after charging it. I just bought the battery near the end of last year and thereís a 2 year warranty. Youtube said the battery should be 12.6 but not lower than 12.4.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    A Unicorn

If the battery is dying, it's at the very early stages of it. You would need to test the voltage after it fails to start

AZ Member #

If the battery is dying, it's at the very early stages of it. You would need to test the voltage after it fails to start
    Yes I was just thinking that. The battery was on the charger for 30 minutes voltage with car off 12.57. Iím going to charge it tomorrow morning when I get up for an hour and test the voltage then. Iím going to drive the car and if it fails to start I will try check the voltage and try to boost it. Iím still taking it in next week to my buddy.

Established Member Three Rings griga's Avatar
    AZ Member #

For those of you who didn't go with a Genuine oil filter housing, how has it held up? (URO or Vaico)
    Silver 2008 A4 2.0T Cupra R Lip | 034 Mounts | Peelers |
    IG: https://www.instagram.com/rigadesigns/

AZ Member #

For those of you who didn't go with a Genuine oil filter housing, how has it held up? (URO or Vaico)
    I've had mine since November last year, no leaks. I forget which brand, it is whatever Europa parts sells
    2006 Audi A4 Quattro 2.0T
    Motoza Performance Stage 1, 034 SD Mounts & Snub

AZ Member #

Questions you thought were too dumb to ask

OK popped the charger on the battery this morning when I got up. Before I put the charger on the battery I took a reading. Last night after charging it the battery was at 12.57 volts. After sitting overnight with the car off this morning the battery was again 12.23 volts which is what it was when I tested it yesterday. Iím going to try and get it replaced on the weekend and take the car in to my buddies next week and see what they say.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I installed the URO parts one in my sedan about 15 months ago, ~7000 miles since and no leaks

2015 Q7 3.0T Silver
    2007 A4 Cabriolet 2.0T Quattro Dolphin Grey
    2006 A4 Sedan 2.0T Quattro Dolphin Grey
    2015 Q7 Ice Silver Metallic
    2007 A4 2.0T Cabrio Dolphin Gray
    2006 A4 2.0T Sedan Dolphin Gray

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Plxa4q7 View Post
    I installed the URO parts one in my sedan about 15 months ago, ~7000 miles since and no leaks

2015 Q7 3.0T Silver
    Perfect. Thank you.

Veteran Member Three Rings esandes's Avatar
    AZ Member #

What's the cause for pulsating scratch sound when braking?
    Warped rotors? I recall it still happened even after new pads and rotors?
    The sound frequency is proportional to the vehicle speed.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

OK popped the charger on the battery this morning when I got up. Before I put the charger on the battery I took a reading. Last night after charging it the battery was at 12.57 volts. After sitting overnight with the car off this morning the battery was again 12.23 volts which is what it was when I tested it yesterday. Iím going to try and get it replaced on the weekend and take the car in to my buddies next week and see what they say.

Maybe a bad ground draining your battery? Lighter usb socket would drain my battery over a few days.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by NODES2K View Post
    Maybe a bad ground draining your battery? Lighter usb socket would drain my battery over a few days.
    If it would only stop raining I could check but the grounds Iíve checked are all clean and look good. I tried to get the battery replaced but the store I went to didnít have any in stock so Iíll have to try on the weekend.

AZ Member #

How fucked am I IMG_5065.jpgIMG_5064.jpg

AZ Member #
    My Garage

How fucked am I IMG_5065.jpgIMG_5064.jpg

You have to replace the whole arm.

Iím gonna let you in on a secret though. Iíve been driving with that exact broken piece on my car for 12 years now. I just put it back in everytime I reinstall the pinch bolt and help sandwich in the upper control arm finger there. Iíve never had a problem. However, Iíve ordered a new arm and it should be here in a few days so Iím gonna change it out while as Iím putting SPC control arms on.

AZ Member #

Iím gonna let you in on a secret though. Iíve been driving with that exact broken piece on my car for 12 years now. I just put it back in everytime I reinstall the pinch bolt and help sandwich in the upper control arm finger there. Iíve never had a problem. However, Iíve ordered a new arm and it should be here in a few days so Iím gonna change it out while as Iím putting SPC control arms on.

Thank you!!

Senior Member Four Rings Theiceman's Avatar
    AZ Member #

okay that's kinda funny.. ive had situations like that on other cars, I buy the part for when it eventually gives way and I end up junking the car before I ever put it on .
    2014 A4 2.0TQ Technik
    2006 A4 2.0TQ 6spd
    1978 Porsche 911SC Targa
    1976 Yamaha XS 360

AZ Member #

I got the battery replaced today. I tested before hooking it up and the brand new battery was 12.47. Itís higher than my batteryís 12.2 but on Youtube it says 12.6 and the lowest 12.4?
    While I was changing the battery I checked the positive and found this(pictured). Iím a noob so am I just making a big deal out of nothing? Anyway I pulled it apart cleaned it all off and put it back together.

Established Member Two Rings xRenesis's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Got the RS4 fuel controller installed and LPFP pressure is back to 60psi at idle. HPFP pressure didn't fix and still is maxing at 70bar. Next is the relief I suppose.

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I got the battery replaced today. I tested before hooking it up and the brand new battery was 12.47. Itís higher than my batteryís 12.2 but on Youtube it says 12.6 and the lowest 12.4?
    While I was changing the battery I checked the positive and found this(pictured). Iím a noob so am I just making a big deal out of nothing? Anyway I pulled it apart cleaned it all off and put it back together.

Itís a fuse, it will be fine with a little corossion on it

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Redryuu View Post
    Itís a fuse, it will be fine with a little corossion on it
    OK thanks Iím a noob so wasnít sure.

AZ Member #

I did my 2nd oil change yesterday. I keep having this issue after every oil change. Thereís no leaks but after filling the oil the dipstick shows oil on like a quarter of it. If I let it sit for a couple hours then it reads Max. If I start the car and let it run for a minute. Again it will show a quarter of the dipstick?

AZ Member #

^Clogged oil passages ^ oil shouldn't take that long to settle back to the pan. After a minute or so the oil should be all back in the pan

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by StylinS-line View Post
    ^Clogged oil passages ^ oil shouldn't take that long to settle back to the pan. After a minute or so the oil should be all back in the pan
    arghhh how do I fix that? DIY or shop?

Veteran Member Four Rings mcpcartier's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    08 xB, 13 Ex, 16 Civic EX

Quote Originally Posted by Plxa4q7 View Post

2015 Q7 3.0T Silver
    Also went with a URO last September.....9 months and 7k miles....no issues to date.
    2007 2.0T Q 6MT, S-Line, Ti Package, BB
    Revo Stage 2 | JHM Stage 1 Clutch | K&N Drop in | APR HPFP | 034 HFC | AWE Catback | 034 SD Tranny & Motor Mounts | Neuspeed Snub | H&R Sport Springs | Bilsteins | Moog ACA | B5 Perches (removed) | RS4 RSB | ABT Drilled n Slotted Rotors | Redstuff Front & Akebono Rear | Podi Stepper Boost Gauge | Recaro's | H&R Spacers 15f/20r | Clear Corners w/Blackout | Smoked Frt Markers | Cupra R Lip | 20% Tint

Veteran Member Four Rings vvenom800tt's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Does anyone know what the red wire with a black stripe is on the drivers door harness?

Its the top left wire. Does anyone have a daigram?

20190617_181409.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Audizine mobile app
    2005.5 Audi A4 Quattro 2.0T 6MT - APR - 034 - Custom 3" single exhaust - 17z Brembo - GFB - Alzor - Kumho - ST - Injen - Swift - Hyperco - ECS - Saikou Michi - PowerFlex - Podi

Veteran Member Four Rings vvenom800tt's Avatar
    AZ Member #

My puddle light didn't work but it seems like a fat wire for just a dinky puddle light.

I did have intermittent drivers window operation but its been ok decently.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Audizine mobile app
    2005.5 Audi A4 Quattro 2.0T 6MT - APR - 034 - Custom 3" single exhaust - 17z Brembo - GFB - Alzor - Kumho - ST - Injen - Swift - Hyperco - ECS - Saikou Michi - PowerFlex - Podi

AZ Member #

Haha well my no start issues continue. I tried a boost and it didnít even crank so itís not the battery. I checked the alternator and that is charging good. The fuel pump prime when I turn the key. So at this point Iím thinking starter. The only switch I didnít change was the brake light switch could that do it?

Page 372 of 373 FirstFirst ... 272322362370371372373 LastLast