Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 320 of 320 FirstFirst ... 220270310318319320
Results 12,761 to 12,795 of 12795
    Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    What other jobs require removing subframe? Changing front main seal require removing subframe? and what is the front main seal? something about it attached to the crackcase? and is that in the timing housing and does the front end need to come out to put new seal in?

AZ Member #

Where can i find a digital copy of a repair manual or is the book the best option. I want to look over repair manual. Any suggestions?

Veteran Member Four Rings i3oricua's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2006 A4; 2007 Audi Q7 3.0 TDI

Quote Originally Posted by Planespotting View Post
    I have 2 questions:

1) Is there a need to code a TPMS module (the one in the trunk) to the car? I bought a used, supposedly working one and still don't have working TPMS. Some modules I've heard need to be coded, so I'm wondering.

2) Has anyone used the ebay replica door blades? Is the fit any good?

TIA!
    I have the eBay door blades on my car. You will have to drill into them and the door sill to get them to stay on good. Iíve had them on for about 6 years now maybe? Iím surprised someone didnít jump on here and try to tell you they donít work without knowing first hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Established Member Two Rings Planespotting's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2005 Ducati Multistrada 1000S DS

Quote Originally Posted by i3oricua View Post
    I have the eBay door blades on my car. You will have to drill into them and the door sill to get them to stay on good. Iíve had them on for about 6 years now maybe? Iím surprised someone didnít jump on here and try to tell you they donít work without knowing first hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks. Was afraid of that.

Nice wheels!

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I had a used APR exhaust + RAI HFC installed last week as my old exhaust system was rusted. A few days later i got a check engine light, with the P0420 code, which from my understanding is caused by the HFC.

Today, on my way from work, i had the opportunity to test out the exhaust and HFC and when i shifted from 3rd to 4th at around 5k RPM, i left a nice trail of smoke (quiet a lot of smoke) behind and also heard a rattle/metal grinding sound. I stepped on it a bit on the side streets in 1st and 2nd changing around 5k RPM and i wasn't able to reproduce the same symptoms. When i changed from 2nd to 3rd, i was able to leave a bit of smoke behind and heard like a metal grinding sound. I don't think its coming from the transmission as i don't have any issue changing gears or anything like that.

I will try to go out later on this evening and see if i can reproduce whatever is happening, but i am wondering if anyone has any experience with this issue or can point me to what to look for / check? I had the same issue with my old exhaust but i didn't step on it for quite some time as my flex pipe was torn to shreds and i thought it might have been caused by my flex pipe back then, guess not?

Veteran Member Four Rings tankdeer's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    A Unicorn

Smoke - pretty normal on a new exhaust
    Rattle - exhaust is probably hitting the driveshaft. Need to adjust the hanger on the side of the trans
    Negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full

:: Seller feedback ::

His: Nothing. Still searching
    Hers: 2008 Ibis Ti Avant 6MT - Bagged Unicorn
    RIP: 2006 DG Avant Tip

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by tankdeer View Post
    Smoke - pretty normal on a new exhaust
    Rattle - exhaust is probably hitting the driveshaft. Need to adjust the hanger on the side of the trans
    It was a lot of smoke and it happened with my old rusted stock exhaust. What worried me more than the smoke was the rattle/grinding sound - when it happened, it choked the car and i felt a loss of power. It felt like the car couldn't breath.

I scanned for codes with the Torque app and the only code thrown is P0420 which i forgot to clear .

edit: to clarify, there is no smoke at idle or under normal driving conditions. Seems to happen around 3rd/4th gear higher RPM (~5k) pulls.

Veteran Member Four Rings 2pointOh's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

So I've developed a soft clunk when braking and also one while going over bumps turning (like backing out of the driveway). Possibly unrelated, but maybe one in the same...

Also, I have a steering wheel shimmy when braking from 65 down to 50.

I know I gotta poke around under the car and get a visual, but my wrist has been braced up for a while due to wicked tendonitis and I haven't had any damn time!

So, if you guys don't mind, what are some common causes here? I'm thinking "warped" front rotors for the shimmy (which sucks cuz their the ecs slotted geomets) but for the clunk I don't really know.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    2006 A4 2.0T 6sp. JHM Stage 2 93 Oct. JHM TP-DPY to S4 Exhaust. GFB DV+. AFE Dry Filter Drop-In. 034 Engine Mounts. ST Coilovers. ECS RA4 LW SMFW and RS4 Clutch.

Veteran Member Four Rings mcpcartier's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by 2pointOh View Post
    So I've developed a soft clunk when braking and also one while going over bumps turning (like backing out of the driveway). Possibly unrelated, but maybe one in the same...

I know I gotta poke around under the car and get a visual, but my wrist has been braced up for a while due to wicked tendonitis and I haven't had any damn time!

So, if you guys don't mind, what are some common causes here? I'm thinking "warped" front rotors for the shimmy (which sucks cuz their the ecs slotted geomets) but for the clunk I don't really know.

My first thought on shimmy is tie rod....not brakes. Put her up on a jack and see if there is any play.

Clunk from front? Upper control arms or....maybe cv joint.
    2007 2.0T Q 6MT, S-Line, Ti Package, BB
    Revo Stage 2 | JHM Stage 1 Clutch | K&N Drop in | APR HPFP | 034 HFC | AWE Catback | 034 SD Tranny & Motor Mounts | Neuspeed Snub | H&R Sport Springs | Bilsteins | Moog ACA | B5 Perches (removed) | RS4 RSB | ABT Drilled n Slotted Rotors | Redstuff Front & Akebono Rear | Podi Stepper Boost Gauge | Recaro's | H&R Spacers 15f/20r | Clear Corners w/Blackout | Smoked Frt Markers | Cupra R Lip | 20% Tint

Senior Member Three Rings Dondbg's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    MB w203

Quote Originally Posted by 2pointOh View Post

Check upper arms ball joints, I had similar symptoms and then I discovered this, there was no grease inside .....

Established Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

A front end clunk could be a host of possible things. Gotta get it in the air or on a rack and shake the front suspension down. Anything we say would be a guess.

Veteran Member Four Rings 80sGuy's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Miele S7

^^Rubber bushings on control arms for a start.

2008 A4 2.0T | Dolphin Gray Metallic/Dk Gray | multitronic | Bluetooth | Dk Wood | Convenience. | Premium. | Sprt Susp. | Bare-bone 100% factory stock!

Veteran Member Four Rings 2pointOh's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Tie rod check is easy enough, I can do that after work. My passenger front axle is definitely torn on the motor side if I remember correctly, but I haven't heard any grinding noise of the sort I'm familiar with when these start to go.

At 172k, I'll put my money on control arms but I'm hoping that's not the case!

2006 A4 2.0T 6sp. JHM Stage 2 93 Oct. JHM TP-DPY to S4 Exhaust. GFB DV+. AFE Dry Filter Drop-In. 034 Engine Mounts. ST Coilovers. ECS RA4 LW SMFW and RS4 Clutch.

Established Member Two Rings A4B7Avant's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2010 Camaro SS/RS 6M/T Maggie

My econ light is permanently on. Haven't VCD yet. I checked the pressure in the a/c system and it is ok.

Have read that the pressure switch plug can come loose. Where is this plug exactly? Wanna check before I bring it to a shop to have it scanned.
    2008 A4 Avant SE Ibis White

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    A Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by A4B7Avant View Post
    My econ light is permanently on. Haven't VCD yet. I checked the pressure in the a/c system and it is ok.

Have read that the pressure switch plug can come loose. Where is this plug exactly? Wanna check before I bring it to a shop to have it scanned.
    It's on the side of the AC condensor

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Driver side correct? I'm guessing I'll need to drop the bumper skin to access?

Quote Originally Posted by tankdeer View Post
    It's on the side of the AC condensor

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    A Unicorn

Honestly I don't remember which side but you'll see it when you're in there. And yeah, most likely have to drop the bumper since it's in front of the radiator.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Ugh!

Thanks.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Who can I hire in Wisconsin to check out an Audi S4 that is for sale? I am out of state and want to avoid traveling if the car is not clean and sound mechanically?

AZ Member #

check the yellow pages, if that even exists anymore. best regards

Quote Originally Posted by hnewman2 View Post
    Who can I hire in Wisconsin to check out an Audi S4 that is for sale? I am out of state and want to avoid traveling if the car is not clean and sound mechanically?

Established Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Try the regional forums.

Veteran Member Four Rings 80sGuy's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Miele S7

Is it from an Audi dealer? If so, it should be good, if not they'll back it up.

2008 A4 2.0T | Dolphin Gray Metallic/Dk Gray | multitronic | Bluetooth | Dk Wood | Convenience. | Premium. | Sprt Susp. | Bare-bone 100% factory stock!

Veteran Member Four Rings drewgold's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1981 Kawasaki KZ440 and too many bikes and skis!

Looking for opinions on what to do about small rust spots that are starting to form on my doors.
    My car is starting to show it's age a bit on the body, and the fact that it started life in Eastern Canada, which is basically like smoking a pack a day, doesn't help with the cancer situation.

Last year I discovered some rust on the doors under the door blades, which seems pretty common however this spring I have noticed a few small pinhole rust spots starting, about the size of the eraser end of a pencil, on the lower portion of the panels, likely from small rock chips.

Wondering if it would be better to have the rust stripped and doors repainted (which doesn't always stop new rust from forming) or would I be better off to try to find good condition doors that don't show signs of rust and swap them over. I realize that even if I can find doors form the same colour car that they may not match exactly, but may be better than constantly fighting rust.

Thoughts?

I may start a new thread on this topic being as I'm sure others are facing this same situation given the age of our B7 beauties!
    2006 A4 Avant, 2.0TQM - JHM Stg 1 Tune - Unitronic HFC/3" Downpipe - 034 Street Motor/Trans Mounts - APR Snub Mount - S4 RSB - 034 Turbo Inlet Hose - JHM Short Shifter - Brembo Q5 Front Brakes - S4 Rear Brakes - Stock Sport Suspension - Black Alcantara Recaro Interior -

Put out to pasture: 1997 A4 1.8TQs, Tiptronic

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

I bought my first Audi about a month ago, b8.5 S4. When the headlights come on everything on the dash lights up(tach, speedo, all the normal things i mean) BESIDES the S4 symbol on the dash. Is this normal? Or is there a backlight out on my dash? I tried searching and couldn't find anything about this. And it sounds stupid but I can't seem to find an answer.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    A Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by jgianninijr View Post
    I bought my first Audi about a month ago, b8.5 S4. When the headlights come on everything on the dash lights up(tach, speedo, all the normal things i mean) BESIDES the S4 symbol on the dash. Is this normal? Or is there a backlight out on my dash? I tried searching and couldn't find anything about this. And it sounds stupid but I can't seem to find an answer.
    Ask in the B8 section. Most people in here wouldn't know (although if it's the one on the tach my guess is no, it shouldn't light up)

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Ok thank you! Yes it is the one on the tach. I'm thinking it's not supposed to light up either.

Senior Member Four Rings Theiceman's Avatar
    AZ Member #

okay I got a couple of questions I thought were too dumb to ask so thought this was a perfect plac for them

what is the correct size of the bolts ( screws) that hold down the ignition coils to the valve cover. ? mine were missing and I notice a lot of cars have them missing and it irritates the piss out of me. I tried a couple and they bind so I'm thinking its specific.

second dumb ass question

I have a MT. how many different gear fluids do I have to change and how much of each ? is there a separate gearbox and rear diff for example ?
    I want to change these and not sure where to start .
    2014 Nissan Murano
    2006 A4 2.0TQ 6spd
    1978 Porsche 911SC Targa
    1976 Yamaha XS 360

Veteran Member Four Rings texasboy21's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2017 Mustang GT Performance Package, 1983 Chevy Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by Theiceman View Post
    okay I got a couple of questions I thought were too dumb to ask so thought this was a perfect plac for them

what is the correct size of the bolts ( screws) that hold down the ignition coils to the valve cover. ? mine were missing and I notice a lot of cars have them missing and it irritates the piss out of me. I tried a couple and they bind so I'm thinking its specific.

second dumb ass question

I have a MT. how many different gear fluids do I have to change and how much of each ? is there a separate gearbox and rear diff for example ?
    I want to know the answer to the first question as well.

Regarding the fluids, there are two 'changes' that must be done. The trans and front diff share the same fluid, and the rear diff is separate. Note, the front diff/trans and rear diff call for different fluids.
    2005.5 6 speed with the Premium, Lighting, Sport, and Cold Weather packages

Pag Parts EFR 6758 kit, Pag Parts intake/FMIC/manifold/downpipe, Eurodyne Boost Manager Plus, Eurodyne Maestro, StopTech 332mm BBK, Stasis Touring suspension

Veteran Member Four Rings vvenom800tt's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

second dumb ass question

No reason to bolt down coil packs. Just makesit a pain in the ass when you blow one and have to replace it on the side of the road.

Trans takes 3 quarts I think, maybe 3.5, rear diff takes 2 if i recall..
    2005.5 Audi A4 Quattro 2.0T 6MT - APR - 034 - Custom 3" single exhaust - 17z Brembo - GFB - Alzor - Kumho - ST - Injen - Swift - Hyperco - ECS - Saikou Michi - PowerFlex - Podi

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by vvenom800tt View Post
    No reason to bolt down coil packs. Just makesit a pain in the ass when you blow one and have to replace it on the side of the road.

Trans takes 3 quarts I think, maybe 3.5, rear diff takes 2 if i recall..
    Well that would explain why no cars have it lol

Do you know if there is a diy for this anywhere ? I went through the diy threads and found nothing . Just so I know which fluids to get etc.

Thanks
    2014 Nissan Murano
    2006 A4 2.0TQ 6spd
    1978 Porsche 911SC Targa
    1976 Yamaha XS 360

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Well that would explain why no cars have it lol

Do you know if there is a diy for this anywhere ? I went through the diy threads and found nothing . Just so I know which fluids to get etc.

Thanks
    Use motul gear 300 in the rear diff.

You can use it in the transmission as well. But many use redline MT90. Ive used both and they are both fine.

To replace always break loose fill plus first. Then break loose the drain plug and drain.

Once drained completely, reinstall drain plug (perfect time to get ecs magnetic ones) and fill from fill hole until it overflows. Let if flow until it stops and reinstall plug.

Also make sure car is level. As is jack up all 4 corners, not just front.
    2005.5 Audi A4 Quattro 2.0T 6MT - APR - 034 - Custom 3" single exhaust - 17z Brembo - GFB - Alzor - Kumho - ST - Injen - Swift - Hyperco - ECS - Saikou Michi - PowerFlex - Podi

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by vvenom800tt View Post
    Use motul gear 300 in the rear diff.

You can use it in the transmission as well. But many use redline MT90. Ive used both and they are both fine.

To replace always break loose fill plus first. Then break loose the drain plug and drain.

Once drained completely, reinstall drain plug (perfect time to get ecs magnetic ones) and fill from fill hole until it overflows. Let if flow until it stops and reinstall plug.

Also make sure car is level. As is jack up all 4 corners, not just front.
    ok got it thanks . I was just putting an order in at ECS so thanks for the tip on the mag plug. Cn you or someone confirm QTYs ? the stuff isn't cheap so want to get it right

Thanks for all the help.
    2014 Nissan Murano
    2006 A4 2.0TQ 6spd
    1978 Porsche 911SC Targa
    1976 Yamaha XS 360

Active Member Two Rings theguysinger's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Cn you or someone confirm QTYs ?

Spec is 3.5 qt in the trans and 1.5 qt for the rear diff. I ordered 6 just to make sure I had enough, though in theory you only need 5.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by theguysinger View Post
    Spec is 3.5 qt in the trans and 1.5 qt for the rear diff. I ordered 6 just to make sure I had enough, though in theory you only need 5.
    got it thanks

guess il order 4 quarts of the Mt-90 and two quarts of the motul 300 and a couple mag drain plugs

cheers boys !
    2014 Nissan Murano
    2006 A4 2.0TQ 6spd
    1978 Porsche 911SC Targa
    1976 Yamaha XS 360

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

got it thanks

guess il order 4 quarts of the Mt-90 and two quarts of the motul 300 and a couple mag drain plugs

cheers boys !
    Perfect

Page 320 of 320 FirstFirst ... 220270310318319320