Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 336 of 336 FirstFirst ... 236286326334335336
Results 13,401 to 13,411 of 13411
    Senior Member Two Rings jamezz23's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    07 A4 6sp manual

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hey guys I need a little help diagnosing my current problem.

Iíve had this issue for a little while, somehow it went away for a few months until today. The problem is that it doesnít want to start. When I was having the issue a few months ago, it would eventually start just would take a few tries of about 10 or so seconds. There would be zero issues after it started, 100% fine. But today it wasnít going to start, luckily my co worker said it sounds like a fuel pump/filter issue and that if he takes a hammer and hits (lightly) on my tank, that can sometimes kickstart the pump. Sure enough it fired right up, and everything was running perfect after that.

My local mechanic shop quoted me $550 out the door for a new fuel pump and labor. I have no problem paying that but I was wondering if anyone had the same problem I had but ended up not being the actual pump that went bad, maybe a sensor/regulator or the filter. So I thought Iíd get you guys input before I go ahead and buy a fuel pump. And also, I donít have any engine codes, which is not helping anything

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Replaced fuel filter, on limp mode and p2293

Still very new and uneducated when it comes to owning an audi (100% stock) check engine light has been turning on and off giving me a p0089 code so I replaced the fuel filter last night took it for a drive nothing seemed wrong but when I drove to work this morning check engine light came on again and pretty sure my car was in limp mode and have both the p0089 & p2293 codes now. Would love some advice, might need to dumb it down for me though. Thanks!!

Veteran Member Four Rings Pat_McGroin's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by ATomalino View Post
    Still very new and uneducated when it comes to owning an audi (100% stock) check engine light has been turning on and off giving me a p0089 code so I replaced the fuel filter last night took it for a drive nothing seemed wrong but when I drove to work this morning check engine light came on again and pretty sure my car was in limp mode and have both the p0089 & p2293 codes now. Would love some advice, might need to dumb it down for me though. Thanks!!
    P2293 popped up on my gfís 2012 GLI, replaced fuel filter, nothing. Replaced LPFP module, nothing. Replaced HPFP and cam roller, runs like a champ now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rick
    Brilliant Black 2008 S4 Avant Tip.
    Gone but never gotten - Ibis 2010 A3 2.0T

Established Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

You gotta start with the low pressure side and work your way forward with these cars. The high pressure side canít work optimally if the low pressure side isnít. Now that you have a new fuel filter, check low pressure duty cycle with Vag Com. If itís above 60%, you probably need a new fuel pump. If you replace the pump and fuel filter and you still get these codes, now move on to the high side of the fuel system. Check your cam follower and cam lobe for wear. If they are bad, replace them. If they are good, maybe you need a new HPFP or pressure sensor.

Itís a long diagnostic process but if you work the steps, youíll figure out whatís wrong without just throwing parts at it or replacing the whole fuel system. Starting with a new fuel filter and cam follower is always a good place to start. These 2 parts are the biggest wear items in the fuel system so starting with fresh parts is smart, plus they are cheap and will make diagnosing the major components easier.

Veteran Member Four Rings dalmation53's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi A4 B7

Guys got my used turbo i need this part a gasket where can i get it DSC_0007.jpegDSC_0006.jpegDSC_0004.jpeg

Sent from my G3313 using Audizine mobile app
    Ivan

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by dalmation53 View Post
    Guys got my used turbo i need this part a gasket where can i get it DSC_0007.jpegDSC_0006.jpegDSC_0004.jpeg

You can buy turbo install kits from ECS that have everything.

Iíd order that gasket you need from ECS or get it from the dealer on Monday.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi A4 B7

Quote Originally Posted by EvolutionArmory View Post
    You can buy turbo install kits from ECS that have everything.

Iíd order that gasket you need from ECS or get it from the dealer on Monday.
    Bro the audi dealer is 40 miles away. Its in orlando i live in davenport. And driving for that little thing is not worth it. I cant see it on ecs though? Can you help me find it.

Ivan

Veteran Member Four Rings i3oricua's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2006 A4; 2007 Audi Q7 3.0 TDI

Bro the audi dealer is 40 miles away. Its in orlando i live in davenport. And driving for that little thing is not worth it. I cant see it on ecs though? Can you help me find it.

FCPeuro.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/aud...ing-06f145757l

Or

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/vw-...vag-06f145757l

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZ Member #

40 miles? Thatís what we call ďNew Hampshire closeĒ.

Veteran Member Four Rings viperdsa's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '06 Dolphin Gray A4 2.0T

Aluthman's motor assembly guide saved me from not timing my oil pump to the crank. Didn't know that was something that needed to be done.
    2006 Dolphin Gray A4 2.0T Quattro

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi A4 B7

Quote Originally Posted by i3oricua View Post
    I was expecting that thing to cost atleast $10. Not 89Ę haha thanks man.

Ivan

Page 336 of 336 FirstFirst ... 236286326334335336