Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 90 of 104 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast
Results 3,561 to 3,600 of 4154
  1. #3561
    Established Member Two Rings bhamcarnut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 09 2018
    AZ Member #
    413729
    My Garage
    600hp Range Rover SC, Range Rover Sport, Audi Q7, Pro Air Nautique, Custom Chopper
    Location
    Birmingham, AL

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Updated dynamic taillights and rear diffuser. IMG_2707.JPG


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    2013 S7 Phantom Black / APR Stage 2 / RocEuro Intake / Savini BM15 Wheels / RS7 Front Grille / Black Optics Lower Grilles / Dynamic Taillights / Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser / Custom JL Sub box

  2. #3562
    Veteran Member Three Rings A6sport's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 11 2007
    AZ Member #
    16309
    Location
    Twin Cities, MN

    Quote Originally Posted by craq76 View Post
    KW H.A.S. Installed

    Now that's a style I like! Nice job.
    2012 A7 PP| S Exterior| RS Carbon Optics| Carbon spoiler| Carbon diffuser| Carbon mirrors/ carbon pods| V6T badges| Smoked tail, side markers| 21" High-Gloss Black Blade wheels| S sport exhaust| APR Stage II 93 dual pulleys| RS7 intake| S Sport Brembos Ft/RR| TAG B/O rings

    Alcantara Exclusive Interior| Super sport seats| FB Steering wheel| S door sills| RS shifter| Audi sport puddle lights
    S Aluminum Pedals| RS floor mats| S start button| Piano Black inlays| RS Seat belts| Ambient lighting|

  3. #3563
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 24 2018
    AZ Member #
    414606
    My Garage
    2005 Ford Excursion 6.0L
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV

    Stage 2 complete! Picked up the car about an hour ago. I'll start by saying the exhaust sounds amazing, WOT puts a big smile on my face . I do wish it was a little more raspy if that makes sense, however I ordered black tips and noticed when I got home that there is chrome tips on it. So maybe shop made a minor mistake and this isn't the non-res? Everything I looked at non-res had that throaty raspy sound I was looking for, is there a way to tell by looking under the car if this is the resonated system? Also, anything less than 1/2 throttle seems to be laggy, similar to my turbo diesel truck. And I didn't experience this before. Do I just need to drive around for a bit for the ecu to set parameters for air/fuel? Overall I'm very pleased and can't wait to get out and drive her around. After some cosmetic changes and rims and tires stage 3 is next.

  4. #3564
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 02 2005
    AZ Member #
    8194
    Location
    Texas

    I had to order a new supercharger bypass valve today. The increase in boost was more than it could bare!

    C7 A6 3.0T, APR Stage 2++

  5. #3565
    Established Member Three Rings IowaRS7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 22 2017
    AZ Member #
    396099
    My Garage
    69 Camaro SS
    Location
    Iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by OUTTIE_S6 View Post
    Stage 2 complete! Picked up the car about an hour ago. I'll start by saying the exhaust sounds amazing, WOT puts a big smile on my face . I do wish it was a little more raspy if that makes sense, however I ordered black tips and noticed when I got home that there is chrome tips on it. So maybe shop made a minor mistake and this isn't the non-res? Everything I looked at non-res had that throaty raspy sound I was looking for, is there a way to tell by looking under the car if this is the resonated system? Also, anything less than 1/2 throttle seems to be laggy, similar to my turbo diesel truck. And I didn't experience this before. Do I just need to drive around for a bit for the ecu to set parameters for air/fuel? Overall I'm very pleased and can't wait to get out and drive her around. After some cosmetic changes and rims and tires stage 3 is next.
    Which stage II software? Did you add downpipes? The resonated version has resonators in the midsection coming off the stock downpipe area. The non-res has straight pipes going back to the rear section of the exhaust system.

    Are you running the stock airbox? Might want to go RS7 airbox or another option to help open up things with the increase in airflow from stage II tuning.
    2016 Nardo RS7, HRE P107 21x10.5, MPSS, JL Audio sub and amp upgrade, VCDS mods, Eventuri intake, Eurocode sway bars and end links, APR Stage II and DP w/CAT delete AKRA exhaust, CF/Alcantra SW, Carbon paddles, tinted windows, VIM enabled, hardwired Escort Max 360, CETE suspension module installed

  6. #3566
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 24 2018
    AZ Member #
    414606
    My Garage
    2005 Ford Excursion 6.0L
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV

    Quote Originally Posted by IowaRS7 View Post
    Which stage II software? Did you add downpipes? The resonated version has resonators in the midsection coming off the stock downpipe area. The non-res has straight pipes going back to the rear section of the exhaust system.

    Are you running the stock airbox? Might want to go RS7 airbox or another option to help open up things with the increase in airflow from stage II tuning.
    APR stage 2, APR downpipes, and Milltek exhaust. I did look under there and its straight pipes to the muffler, so no resonator. I did forget to order an intake but when I brought this up to the installer he told me that the aftermarket intakes don't do anything and the stock airbox is sufficient. Now I know a lot of guys on here are running aftermarket ones and don't seem to have any complaints, he was more or less referring to a point that on a dyno they don't add any power, but the car actually loses power? I experienced this first hand with my diesel, after spending the money on a new cold air intake I found out a few months later that the Ford stock air intake was actually the most efficient and pulled more cfm than any of the aftermarket ones. Just didn't want to make the same mistake and waste money on something that doesn't have any benefit or increase in airflow, but maybe I do need to order one? I agree that with exhaust and tuning it only makes sense the car will need more air.

  7. #3567
    Established Member Three Rings IowaRS7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 22 2017
    AZ Member #
    396099
    My Garage
    69 Camaro SS
    Location
    Iowa

    Plenty of info here showing tuned cars benefiting from an intake. The original AWE lost power on tuned cars, so now people think intakes lose power, but the new AWE model shows good gains as do others. A number of people use the RS7 air box on their tuned S6 and that shows gains as well over the stock S6 airbox. A higher flowing intake will change the exhaust note too, so you would see gains and exhaust note changes.

  8. #3568
    Senior Member Two Rings mbauer0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 24 2016
    AZ Member #
    370747
    Location
    Midwest

    damn, that looks tight! very slick - job well done :)
    Quote Originally Posted by bhamcarnut View Post
    Updated dynamic taillights and rear diffuser. IMG_2707.JPG


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    2015 A6 | APR Stage 2+ | APR K04 Turbocharger | APR Intercooler | APR Downpipe | K&N Air Filter | Audi 6 Piston Brembos | ABT Carbon Skirts | Neidfaktor Carbon Grille | MTM Carbon Mirror Caps | Neidfaktor Carbon Steering Wheel | Carbon Designz Carbon Spoiler | DEVAL Carbon Diffuser | TAG Blackout Emblems

  9. #3569
    Established Member Two Rings bhamcarnut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 09 2018
    AZ Member #
    413729
    My Garage
    600hp Range Rover SC, Range Rover Sport, Audi Q7, Pro Air Nautique, Custom Chopper
    Location
    Birmingham, AL

    Awe shucks. Thank you!!!! .


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    2013 S7 Phantom Black / APR Stage 2 / RocEuro Intake / Savini BM15 Wheels / RS7 Front Grille / Black Optics Lower Grilles / Dynamic Taillights / Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser / Custom JL Sub box

  10. #3570
    Veteran Member Three Rings 07S6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 17 2010
    AZ Member #
    64271
    Location
    NJ

    I meant to ask the crowd earlier when i posted a pic of my new APR supercharger pulley and belt.. The belt i received was a Continental branded belt and not the Audi stamped OEM one. Does it matter which i use for that upper pulley? I held off from changing out the belt at the required 55K mile interval since i figured I'd change it with the pulley.
    They're not a costly item so if the OEM belt is better for any reason i will consider buying another.. my gut tells me it makes no difference as Continental likely makes OEM belts as well.. Thoughts?
    2012 A7 Prestige, Innovation Pkg, Sport Pkg, B&O / APR Stage2, AWE Touring, Injen intake
    2012 A6 Prestige - Phantom Black/Nougat/Innovation Pkg. (sold)
    2007 S6 5.2L V10 (sold)

  11. #3571
    Established Member Four Rings OlyS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 22 2016
    AZ Member #
    386370
    Location
    Olympia, WA

    Success! I was able to change out the airbag cover on the CF steering wheel for this one without getting blown up! (Turns out you have to take the airbag assembly apart in order to change the cover)

    2016 S6, mythos black, RS7 turbos, MRC inlets |AWE intake and touring exhaust| APR downpipes| AMS cooler| Eurocode sways, end-links, and AK | Audi CCB| HRE P103, 20x10 | RS6 grille| Neidfaktor CF mirrors, diffuser, and steering wheel| Blackvue dashcams| Escort Max CI 360 | RS6 LED headlights |Sound: Navtv Zen-v, Audiocontrol DM-810 DSP, JL HD900/5 driving JL10W3 sub and Focal KX3 up front. Rear; JL HD600/4 driving Focal KX2.

  12. #3572
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 02 2005
    AZ Member #
    8194
    Location
    Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by OlyS6 View Post
    Success! I was able to change out the airbag cover on the CF steering wheel for this one without getting blown up! (Turns out you have to take the airbag assembly apart in order to change the cover)

    Hahaha. Not going to lie, I was gettig worried for you last night between posts. Glad it worked out. The airbag looks awesome!
    C7 A6 3.0T, APR Stage 2++

  13. #3573
    Established Member Three Rings digdah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 11 2017
    AZ Member #
    411044
    Location
    Dallas, TX

    Cleaned and conditioned the interior.
    Quick washed and waxed the exterior.
    Now waiting on pollen to start falling

    Edit: Installed 2ch Blackvue 750s dashcams as well.



  14. #3574
    Established Member Three Rings digdah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 11 2017
    AZ Member #
    411044
    Location
    Dallas, TX

    This is S I C K !
    [/QUOTE]

  15. #3575
    Established Member Two Rings Osifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 27 2015
    AZ Member #
    366368
    Location
    Boca Raton FL

    That steering wheel sure makes the interior ultra special.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #3576
    Established Member Four Rings OlyS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 22 2016
    AZ Member #
    386370
    Location
    Olympia, WA

    Thanks guys- I was getting worried for me too- a glass of Scotch to calm the nerves before removing the igniter connections proved pivotal...
    2016 S6, mythos black, RS7 turbos, MRC inlets |AWE intake and touring exhaust| APR downpipes| AMS cooler| Eurocode sways, end-links, and AK | Audi CCB| HRE P103, 20x10 | RS6 grille| Neidfaktor CF mirrors, diffuser, and steering wheel| Blackvue dashcams| Escort Max CI 360 | RS6 LED headlights |Sound: Navtv Zen-v, Audiocontrol DM-810 DSP, JL HD900/5 driving JL10W3 sub and Focal KX3 up front. Rear; JL HD600/4 driving Focal KX2.

  17. #3577
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    May 26 2016
    AZ Member #
    373858
    Location
    Chicago/IL

    Quote Originally Posted by p3u View Post
    I had to order a new supercharger bypass valve today. The increase in boost was more than it could bare!

    Is it the same as stock or is there upgrade available?
    What symptoms you had?

  18. #3578
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 02 2005
    AZ Member #
    8194
    Location
    Texas

    There is only a stock option. Symptom is the car stops running lol.
    C7 A6 3.0T, APR Stage 2++

  19. #3579
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    May 26 2016
    AZ Member #
    373858
    Location
    Chicago/IL

    Quote Originally Posted by p3u View Post
    There is only a stock option. Symptom is the car stops running lol.
    That's a bummer. So if the stock valve can't handle increased boost pressure it might require constant replacement

  20. #3580
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 02 2005
    AZ Member #
    8194
    Location
    Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by AUDIofil View Post
    That's a bummer. So if the stock valve can't handle increased boost pressure it might require constant replacement
    Not the case. It is rare for them to fail. I only know of one other person have this happen. The part has been through 3 revisions from Audi.
    C7 A6 3.0T, APR Stage 2++

  21. #3581
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    May 26 2016
    AZ Member #
    373858
    Location
    Chicago/IL

    Quote Originally Posted by p3u View Post
    Not the case. It is rare for them to fail. I only know of one other person have this happen. The part has been through 3 revisions from Audi.
    Good to know. Thank you.

  22. #3582
    Veteran Member Four Rings Dutch_A6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 19 2012
    AZ Member #
    98923
    My Garage
    Hyundai Tuscon
    Location
    Belleville, IL

    Helpful to know if we port the blower, have you had to upgrade any of the other engineer components like the fuel pump?

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Black 2012 A7 Prestige

    Zito ZF01 wheels
    EPL stage 1 tune
    Tinted marker lights
    RS7 Intake

  23. #3583
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 24 2018
    AZ Member #
    414606
    My Garage
    2005 Ford Excursion 6.0L
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV

    Quote Originally Posted by IowaRS7 View Post
    Plenty of info here showing tuned cars benefiting from an intake. The original AWE lost power on tuned cars, so now people think intakes lose power, but the new AWE model shows good gains as do others. A number of people use the RS7 air box on their tuned S6 and that shows gains as well over the stock S6 airbox. A higher flowing intake will change the exhaust note too, so you would see gains and exhaust note changes.
    Is the RS7 air box a direct fit? If so, maybe I'll start with that first and go from there. I will say I've noticed some improvement since yesterday with the throttle response, I think the eco just needed to "learn" my driving habit a bit.

  24. #3584
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    May 26 2016
    AZ Member #
    373858
    Location
    Chicago/IL

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch_A6 View Post
    Helpful to know if we port the blower, have you had to upgrade any of the other engineer components like the fuel pump?

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    He's runing Autotech High Pressure Fuel Pump but as far as I know upgraded fuel pump is required only if you want to run on Ethanol blend since engine needs more fuel and stock pump can't keep up. For 91 or 93 pump gas it's not required.


    Quote Originally Posted by OUTTIE_S6 View Post
    Is the RS7 air box a direct fit? If so, maybe I'll start with that first and go from there. I will say I've noticed some improvement since yesterday with the throttle response, I think the eco just needed to "learn" my driving habit a bit.
    It is direct fit however there is one caveat. Once you remove your stock air box, check the port on the bottom of it where a plastic hose connects to. I'm not sure if it's the same for S6 but on A7 that port is open. In RS7 air box this port is closed. So if in your original air box had open port, you need to drill a hole to open it in RS7 air box too.

  25. #3585
    Established Member Two Rings MolonLabe300's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 16 2017
    AZ Member #
    405117
    Location
    Chattanooga

    Upgraded my 13 S6 to APR S1 ECU tune! Loving it so far.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Audizine mobile app
    13 S6 APR S1, Milltek turbo back, roc-euro

  26. #3586
    Senior Member Two Rings mbauer0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 24 2016
    AZ Member #
    370747
    Location
    Midwest

    Your build never ceases to amaze me! Is that airbag cover from Carbon Designz?

    Quote Originally Posted by OlyS6 View Post
    Success! I was able to change out the airbag cover on the CF steering wheel for this one without getting blown up! (Turns out you have to take the airbag assembly apart in order to change the cover)

    2015 A6 | APR Stage 2+ | APR K04 Turbocharger | APR Intercooler | APR Downpipe | K&N Air Filter | Audi 6 Piston Brembos | ABT Carbon Skirts | Neidfaktor Carbon Grille | MTM Carbon Mirror Caps | Neidfaktor Carbon Steering Wheel | Carbon Designz Carbon Spoiler | DEVAL Carbon Diffuser | TAG Blackout Emblems

  27. #3587
    Established Member Four Rings OlyS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 22 2016
    AZ Member #
    386370
    Location
    Olympia, WA

    Thanks!

    Yep, the cover is from Carbon Designz. They do awesome work. The wheel is by Neidfaktor, which also does great work.

    Replacing the cover for the airbag, unfortunately, is no small feat (at least for me it wasn't).
    2016 S6, mythos black, RS7 turbos, MRC inlets |AWE intake and touring exhaust| APR downpipes| AMS cooler| Eurocode sways, end-links, and AK | Audi CCB| HRE P103, 20x10 | RS6 grille| Neidfaktor CF mirrors, diffuser, and steering wheel| Blackvue dashcams| Escort Max CI 360 | RS6 LED headlights |Sound: Navtv Zen-v, Audiocontrol DM-810 DSP, JL HD900/5 driving JL10W3 sub and Focal KX3 up front. Rear; JL HD600/4 driving Focal KX2.

  28. #3588
    Veteran Member Four Rings PKmode's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 19 2005
    AZ Member #
    8031
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI USA

    What happens if you're in an accident? The carbon dust alone is bad but larger pieces could be blasted into your face with force, no?
    Do it right, or don't bother.

  29. #3589
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Sep 28 2009
    AZ Member #
    48463
    Location
    suburb

    IMG_1195.JPG

    Paddle extensions. They’re awesome


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    Audi S7

  30. #3590
    Established Member Two Rings BWilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 15 2017
    AZ Member #
    399522
    Location
    Central NJ

    Just downloaded EPL Stage 1 yesterday and installed a Injen cold air intake today. Now Im looking for a shop to installed my SC pulley for Stage 2.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by BWilson; 03-16-2018 at 03:50 PM.
    2014 A6 Premium Plus - 19" HRE FF01 - H&R Sport Springs - EPL Stage 2 - SC Pulley - Injen CAI

  31. #3591
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 07 2018
    AZ Member #
    413658
    Location
    San Diego

    RS7 Airbox


  32. #3592
    Senior Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Apr 29 2016
    AZ Member #
    372599
    My Garage
    2016 Audi S6, 2018 Q7 Prestige, 2018 Q70S daily, 2017 GT-r
    Location
    Dallas, Tx and Los Angeles, CA

    I'm already seeing a little of the dust on my S6. The matte wrap hides it - unlike your black - but I can still see the haze forming. :/


    Quote Originally Posted by digdah View Post
    Cleaned and conditioned the interior.
    Quick washed and waxed the exterior.
    Now waiting on pollen to start falling




    Edit: Installed 2ch Blackvue 750s dashcams as well.



  33. #3593
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Jan 13 2018
    AZ Member #
    412386
    Location
    Seattle

    Quote Originally Posted by flyfishing View Post
    IMG_1195.JPG

    Paddle extensions. They’re awesome


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    Those look cool, which ones are they? I like the matte black. Do they get in your way with the cruise control or anything?

  34. #3594
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Jan 13 2018
    AZ Member #
    412386
    Location
    Seattle

    What did I do with my C7 today? Got a ticket for no front license plate. Dayaaaamn. Full disclosure, a Nissan 370Z tried to race me so I had to stomp him which is why I got pulled over, but cop couldn't prove I was speeding so resorted to the trusty no license plate ticket...

  35. #3595
    Active Member Two Rings 4ringsandaglock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 10 2017
    AZ Member #
    404729
    Location
    Denver, CO



    21" Blades on 285/30/21 Michelin's installed

    20180316_153815.jpg

  36. #3596
    Veteran Member Four Rings madyspop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 19 2005
    AZ Member #
    8874
    My Garage
    07 S8, 07 V10 Treg, 11 Stasis S4, 13 S6
    Location
    Central IL

    A little in motion pic while the wife was driving IMG_4587.JPGIMG_4589.JPG


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    13 S6 Glacier Stage 3 llllllll APR DP's l Akrapovic l EC sways, endlinks and Alu Kruez l 034 mounts l Garrett GTX2873 turbos l Custom ECU/TCU tune l 3m tint l CETE Bluetooth Lowering Module l Escort 9500ci built in radar/laser diffuser l AWE Gen 2 intake l Xpel l P3 Gauge l RS 6 Grill l E-codes l APR HE l Carbon Designs valance & mirror caps l Dynamic tails l facelift rear bumper l 20" BBS CX-R on Blizzaks l 20" HRE P101 on Mich PSS l 034 density mounts

  37. #3597
    Established Member Three Rings digdah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 11 2017
    AZ Member #
    411044
    Location
    Dallas, TX

    Tinted the rears with Lamin-X.


  38. #3598
    Veteran Member Four Rings S4Per's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 17 2004
    AZ Member #
    616
    My Garage
    2013 Audi S6
    Location
    Seattle

    Updated launch control to 2400, 2800 and 3200 rpm. We'll see how that works on Sunday at the track.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2013 Addict::S6 (Build) // UNITED MOTORSPORT by AMD | Milltek DP's and Valvesonic exhaust | 200 CPSI custom cats | AWE intake | Arc's, Helix and Morel's for sound
    2018 Q7 3.0T Prestige | Glacier White Metallic | Titanium Black Optic | Adaptive chassis | Drivers Assistance | Tow | Cold Weather
    -----------------------------------------
    Never forgotten:
    2008 Addict::RS4 (Build)
    2002 S4 Stage 3 Tip

  39. #3599
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Sep 28 2009
    AZ Member #
    48463
    Location
    suburb

    Quote Originally Posted by Dre325 View Post
    Those look cool, which ones are they? I like the matte black. Do they get in your way with the cruise control or anything?
    I got them from ECS. so far, I don't notice any ill effects. I asked them what I the most OEM. he said the black ones look OEM +. The says the CF ones don't match the weave on the stock Audi CF and would stand out.
    Audi S7

  40. #3600
    Established Member Two Rings Arslŕán's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 10 2016
    AZ Member #
    387976
    Location
    England

    Dropped these bad boys for some TLC




Page 90 of 104 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2018 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.