Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Veteran Member Three Rings gringoloco2000's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Question Two tire related questions. Michelin Latitude Tour HP and TPMS

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    1. Any feedback Michelin Latitude Tour HP on the Q7? Mine is a 2008 and I have 20s.

2. Can someone please tell me what TPMS work needs to be done when getting new tires? I did some searches and see that the valve stems have some sort of sensor ($27), but there is another sensor ($126). I am guessing that as long as non of these get disturbed that I can get the tires changed without additional cost. Just need confirmation.

Thanks.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by gringoloco2000 View Post
    1. Any feedback Michelin Latitude Tour HP on the Q7? Mine is a 2008 and I have 20s.

2. Can someone please tell me what TPMS work needs to be done when getting new tires? I did some searches and see that the valve stems have some sort of sensor ($27), but there is another sensor ($126). I am guessing that as long as non of these get disturbed that I can get the tires changed without additional cost. Just need confirmation.

Thanks.
    A good tire dealer, unscrews the sensor at the stem and lets it drop inside the tire. That way the sensor doesn't get damaged at tire dismount. I have a friend who owns a tire shop and in the early days of TPMS they were damaging the sensors until they dropped them in the tire first. You will need a new stem seal kit when it is done this way. Best way is to have the Audi dealer change the tires. I order my tires from Tirerack and take them to my Audi dealer, they mount and load force balance them for a super cheap price of $44 for all four. If something gets damaged they are liable.
    Last edited by FussyBob; 08-20-2013 at 05:29 PM.

Veteran Member Three Rings gringoloco2000's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Cool. Thanks. I already ordered them from Discount Tire. They did a good job with my S4 (No TPMS sensors). They charge $8 per wheels to "rebuild" TPMS. I did see some rebuild kits out there. I think $8 per wheel is fair even if they are just carefully taking them out and cleaning them. We will see how it goes. I found more reviews on the Latitude Tour HPs so that is what I went with. $1350 including tax and replacement certs. Not too bad.