Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 130 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131 LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,200 of 5202
    Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    faulty hood latch micro switch caused my alarm to flash silently all night draining my battery. cool stuff.
    R.I.P 2001 GTI GLX VR6
    R.I.P 2004 A4 Quattro Sline 6MT
    Current: 2004 A4 USP 3.0 6MT

Veteran Member Four Rings customa4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    02 A4 1.8T CVT, 02 A4 1.8TQ 5spd, 92 Geo Prizm

I had the same issue at one point. Seemed to only happen when it would rain out. Super annoying.
    K&N-Milltek HFC-Magnaflow Catback-APR snub mount-ER Sport FMIC-Forge TIP-Forge DV-Podi-034 Motor Mounts-034 Rear Sway/End Links-STaSIS Street Sport Coils-Bentley Manual

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Tried to do a head swap now my car idle sounds like shit.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Audizine mobile app

Veteran Member Four Rings imnuts's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Dolphin Grey Audi A4 3.0 Q 6MT

Driving in to work, went over a rough section of road that I know about and the flap just in front of the driver's side front wheel started dragging. I was maybe a mile away from work at that point, so I figured it would make it, but I was wondering. I parked at work and it's no longer there, and now the belly pan is almost dragging at that corner. Guess I'll need to zip tie it in place like the passenger side since that flap has been missing for a few years now as well. Maybe I'll decide to replace them at some point so I can secure the belly pan properly again.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL
    Retrieve your SKC for use with VCDS
    Setup Ross-Tech VCP Drivers

3.0 JHM Tuned, JHM LWFW & Clutch, JHM Solid Short Shifter, Zingo Airbox Mod, quattro, Vogtland Jr. Suspension, Single Xenon E-Codes, Apikol Snub, 034 Motor & Trans Mounts

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe3.0 View Post
    faulty hood latch micro switch caused my alarm to flash silently all night draining my battery. cool stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by customa4 View Post
    I had the same issue at one point. Seemed to only happen when it would rain out. Super annoying.
    Been there! I thought I was goin to have to get a new switch but its since corrected itself. I used to not be able to lock my car or the alarm would randomly go off. Now its perfectly fine. Weird ass cars man when it comes to electrical shit.

Established Member Two Rings sauerkrautveenr's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B6 A4 UltraSport Avant :)

My radiator and a/c fan stopped working. Now my Audi is just sitting in my garage looking shiny.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Audizine mobile app
    Audi's were made for adrenaline junkies, hence, the Ultra Sport Avant.

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Been seeing a P0133 more often. Thinking its time for a new o2 sensor.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

What Went Wrong With Your B6 Today?..

Got a CEL for my wideband after installing my test pipe. It's a brand new sensor. Very frustrated. Any reason this could happen? It came on when running the car directly off the test pipe with no other exhaust.

Bank 1 Sensor 1 Catalyst System Below Threshold

BTW I was only driving it that way to go to my mechanic to have a new downpipe made and hooked up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jco897j; 06-13-2019 at 04:42 PM.

AZ Member #

p0303

Moving tomorrow so no tools, off to the parts store

e: Fixed, bad coil
    Last edited by Tahoe3.0; 06-14-2019 at 10:50 AM.
    R.I.P 2001 GTI GLX VR6
    R.I.P 2004 A4 Quattro Sline 6MT
    Current: 2004 A4 USP 3.0 6MT

Senior Member Two Rings Cousinphil's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1954 Ford Jubilee Tractor,1986 Ford Diesel Tractor, 2006 GMC One Ton Dump, 1986 Nissan Flatbed Truck

Took out the oil pressure switch and installed a gauge. Dismal oil pressure. 20 psi at idle, 22 at 2000rpm, 24 at 3000rpm. This 1.8T has problems, probably a plugged up pickup tube.
    2005 A4 Avant 1.8T Tiptronic 96,000 miles on odometer - low oil pressure
    2004 A4 Avant 1.8T 6 Speed 117,000 miles - runs great

Active Member One Ring jarrodblake's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1983 911 RSR backdate long hood, 1970 chevy C30, 1991 MX5, 1997 wrangler unlimited. 1989 moto 4

So I have been trying to diagnose a boost problem for a few days now I would make full boost 8-10 psi the first time I would get on it during normal driving then as soon as it would shift up a gear it would bleed off boost it would slowly start dropping 8...6..4..3 and would hold at about 3 psi. Today I finally got a new obd2 bluetooth adapter for my torque app as my old one would not work with the audi. I had over/ under boost and a evap code. I had the car idling when I was going through the codes and looking at different parameters and I happened to look up and I had smoked out my garage I guess the turbo finally let go... It was fine yesterday when I pulled it on to the ramps I was going to try the spring mod on the wastegate today to see if it was not closing all the way as I have just replaced the DV thinking it was getting stuck open. I guess 216k on the stock turbo isnt to bad. I ordered a cheap amazon prime ko3 replacement It should be here tomorrow. So I guess i'll pull the old turbo today.

IMAG2525 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Car hasn't been able to start, injectors arent opening up
    I have spark cause the car can start up if i drop fuel in to the manifold

Senior Member Two Rings All_Euro's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    05’ GLI 1.8T_4motion, 04’ A4 Avant 1.8T_quattro

Fuel pump died yesterday... first go around I tried to replace it with one from an 05’ not realizing Audi switched styles part way through the year. Glamour shot from Pick n Pull...

Work - houzz / linkedin
    Play - haldex swap

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Friday, I realized my exhaust developed a hole again in my way home. I haven't looked under the car yet, but I'm pretty sure the driver's side flex pipe rotted out again.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL

3.0 JHM Tuned, JHM LWFW & Clutch, JHM Solid Short Shifter, Zingo Airbox Mod, quattro, Vogtland Jr. Suspension, Single Xenon E-Codes, Apikol Snub, 034 Motor & Trans Mounts

Veteran Member Three Rings 2004a4b630QT's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '04 A4 3.0 QTip

Quote Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
    Friday, I realized my exhaust developed a hole again in my way home. I haven't looked under the car yet, but I'm pretty sure the driver's side flex pipe rotted out again.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL
    When I had my exhaust off recently, I noticed that my exhaust pipes looked fine except for the joints going into the resonator/center muffler. They had layers of rust chipping off. It wasn't noticeable on the car since it was more on top. I don't know why it concentrated at this point, but you might want to check there if your flex isn't the problem.

Senior Member Two Rings All_Euro's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    05’ GLI 1.8T_4motion, 04’ A4 Avant 1.8T_quattro

Quote Originally Posted by 2004a4b630QT View Post
    When I had my exhaust off recently, I noticed that my exhaust pipes looked fine except for the joints going into the resonator/center muffler. They had layers of rust chipping off. It wasn't noticeable on the car since it was more on top. I don't know why it concentrated at this point, but you might want to check there if your flex isn't the problem.
    I just replaced this same clamp on mine yesterday. Old one was completely rusted through and falling apart.
    Work - houzz / linkedin
    Play - haldex swap

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '04 A4 3.0 QTip

Quote Originally Posted by All_Euro View Post
    I just replaced this same clamp on mine yesterday. Old one was completely rusted through and falling apart.
    I don't mean the clamp although mine was rusty as hell and I had to cut one off, but that's expected with a rust belt car.
    I mean the actual point where the front of the catback connects to center muffler. Right where the hangers are located. Also this is the 3.0 exhaust I'm talking about, the 1.8 is a different layout.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...r/8e0253409aj/

AZ Member #
    My Garage

The center muffler was cut out and replaced with straight pipes about 5-6 years ago now. The hangers rusted off of it and it was all rusted itself, so it was just cut out.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '04 A4 3.0 QTip

The center muffler was cut out and replaced with straight pipes about 5-6 years ago now. The hangers rusted off of it and it was all rusted itself, so it was just cut out.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL
    Interesting. Is it a much louder? I'm guess drone isn't an issue on the v6.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Interesting. Is it a much louder? I'm guess drone isn't an issue on the v6.
    Not really. It did add a little drone though at certain speeds, but nothing that bad. From what I can see of my exhaust, the rear resonators and tailpipes after them are the only section of my exhaust in ok shape.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2002 Audi A4Q (B6) 3.0 6MT; 1999 Mustang Cobra; 2003 G35 Coupe 5AT

Not really. It did add a little drone though at certain speeds, but nothing that bad. From what I can see of my exhaust, the rear resonators and tailpipes after them are the only section of my exhaust in ok shape.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL
    I had my rusty "suitcase" removed and straight pipes put too.
    I get a little rasp at the end of shifts that I don't like...I should have gotten a xpipe there.

Also had the mip-pipe band clamps removed and welded...I may regret that later.

My left DS flex joint had to be replaced as well.
    2002 Audi a4 B6 Q 3.0 6MT

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '04 A4 3.0 QTip

I was bleeding my brakes when I see fluid pouring onto the ground. That little valve on the side of the fluid res let go under no more than 15psi on the motive brake bleeder. Got a new Res from Europaparts, installed, re-bled and now it's fine. Brake fluid took some of the paint off the master cylinder.

Veteran Member Three Rings oaybar007's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Surprisingly nothing, but never say never. Tomorrow is a new day :)

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Contemplated driving it into a ditch...

Partway home, I lost my speedometer, ABS & traction control lights came on. I get home and scan it, I have a VSS coffee in the ECU, front left wheel speed sensor on the ABS module, and a powertrain data bus fault on the CCM (?, Module 9 in VCDS). Coupled with my worsening exhaust leak, my A4's days with me are likely more numbered than they already were.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL

Senior Member Three Rings madone_si's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Few mk1's LHD & RHD and few other German makes

Quote Originally Posted by oaybar007 View Post
    Surprisingly nothing, but never say never. Tomorrow is a new day :)
    agreed.... I actually used mine today. I still love driving my B6 Avant.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 subaru sti

Contemplated driving it into a ditch...

Partway home, I lost my speedometer, ABS & traction control lights came on. I get home and scan it, I have a VSS coffee in the ECU, front left wheel speed sensor on the ABS module, and a powertrain data bus fault on the CCM (?, Module 9 in VCDS). Coupled with my worsening exhaust leak, my A4's days with me are likely more numbered than they already were.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL
    I have the same speed sensor code. Think I need to have my module repaired but cheap abs is currently down. Also want to push it off a cliff lol.

Veteran Member Four Rings freeloader700's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '03 A4 1.8TQM, 89 Mustang 2.3L

Today I lost all power ended up being the bridge connection on the positive battery cable. Used some romex #12 to mend it, actually think this is far better than the thin POS the factory put.

But now, speedo doesn't work, ABS is on, brake lights engaged when key is in the on position whether vehicle running or not. Code P0501 thrown, from what I am reading, that would be the wheel speed sensor or ABS control module, could the sudden loss of power like that cause either of these to fry? Any way to test them before shelling out for new parts?

Why would the brake lights be on all the time?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    2003 A4 1.8TQM // Motoza K04 Hybrid // Franken F21// 550cc // TR18T // Test Pipe // FSI Coils // Forge Splitter // 034 RSB & End Links // V710 Gunmetal 19x8.5

→→FrankenTurbo F21 BUILD←←

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B8 A5

Hey Freeloader, that connector is a fusible link so it could be that something is shorting that is giving you the codes and electrical issues, I am guessing the condition that blew the link is still present but you have used a higher amperage wire so be careful.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '04 A4 3.0 QTip

Test driving with new (used swap) TorsenII diff and output shaft and seal on the Tip and the howling noise that has been worsening for over 15K miles is still present. The center diff works now, the car just makes the quattro grumble on tight turns instead of binding and flopping around like a fish, but that doesn't really matter now.
    It looks like it's most likely the front pinion and ring gear so the manual swap will have be moved up a year. Not looking forward to that. Trying to decide if I should risk rebuilding a used one myself or just order a swap kit of Advanced Automotion. I keep imagining ending up with a manual with a bad pinion and ring gear.

Also testing the JHM catless dp's and I found that most of my exhaust leak was coming from the resonator, not the old flex pipes. It's also much worse now that it probably gotten bigger during removal/reinstalling and/or the catless dp noise is making the leak louder. Considering OB-X or Milltek 2.25 catback. Also considering welding in straight pipes or universal resonators. I care more about low end torque than horses and don't want something really loud so 2.5 all the way back is probably not for me.

Then again, someone mentioned something about a ditch?

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Then again, someone mentioned something about a ditch?
    Lol, I feel better after doing some work last night. I'll probably still replace it, but not as soon as I felt like doing a couple days ago.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL

Veteran Member Four Rings jpulll's Avatar
    AZ Member #

After all this work putting the frankenturbo in and all the issues I had doing that, suddenly it seems Im having N75 issues. Open circuit is my code. It's a newer N75 that I put in as "preventative maintenance" like 10-15k miles ago. So i don't see a new one fixing the issue but who knows. Hopefully, I am not having wiring issues but knowing my luck that's what the problem is. Wiring by the connector looks fine, the pins in the connector are not corroded. *shoulder shrug* Gonna put the new one in whenever it gets shipped and see what happens...

Im disappointed because the test drive after the turbo installation went great. Went up to over 20lbs of boost. Then I fabricated a new heat shield (did not have to touch the N75) for above the exhaust manifold and I thought I would be done and I can finally enjoy this car....Nope. Not how I wanted to spend the last day on my 9 day vacation from work. But as I age, I realize these are the things life throws at you... I digress.

Edit: decided to tear into the wiring. Loose butt connector. Yay! I saved $100.
    Last edited by jpulll; 07-07-2019 at 10:54 AM.
    2003 A4 1.8T 5-spd w/ Motoza 93/E85.

AZ Member #

ECON light :(
    Also suspension/wheel bearings/brakes/steering rack/tires over the last few weeks.

The spring/summer roads in Maine have beat the shit out of my baby. Gonna be an expensive month

Veteran Member Three Rings pablolizarraga's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    "Hers": SQ5 His: 1966 Ford Mustang Coupe, 1965 Ford Mustang Fastback

ECON light :(
    In case of worse case scenario...
    https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...DIY-Flush-Fill

Last year I followed that DIY and went w/ the complete kit from discountacparts.com.

But lets hope it’s just the a/c high pressure switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '04 A4 3.0 QTip

Tried to weld the leaks on my resonator. I figured it'd be good noob practice. It wasn't. Patching together cancerous rusted metal and trying to fill too many gaps doesn't teach proper welding technique (especially prep work), and now my resonator sounds worse. it went from a a leaking Audi exhaust to a 1975 American car with a hole in its muffler.
    Next up, delete res and weld in straight pipes like I should have in the first place.

AZ Member #

Tried to weld the leaks on my resonator. I figured it'd be good noob practice. It wasn't. Patching together cancerous rusted metal and trying to fill too many gaps doesn't teach proper welding technique (especially prep work), and now my resonator sounds worse. it went from a a leaking Audi exhaust to a 1975 American car with a hole in its muffler.
    Next up, delete res and weld in straight pipes like I should have in the first place.
    Have you considered an x-pipe?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '04 A4 3.0 QTip

Have you considered an x-pipe?
    Yes, the straights are just temps. I'm still learning where the X should go. Shouldn't it be up front where the small stock H pipe is located? And then bottle resonators in the stock res location. Or does the X-pipe need to be in the stock res location to be effective?

AZ Member #

I’m no engineer but I’ve always been told it should be up near the front for the best flow. You don’t want to mess with the scavenging rate too much, but an x will certainly be better than straight. There’s an old hot rod trick where you get a big crayon and make a thickish line down the side of the exhaust and go for a quick drive, install it at the point where the crayon mark starts to melt less when you get back

Backwoods “science” vs German engineering though...

Veteran Member Four Rings SJorge3442's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Yes, the straights are just temps. I'm still learning where the X should go. Shouldn't it be up front where the small stock H pipe is located? And then bottle resonators in the stock res location. Or does the X-pipe need to be in the stock res location to be effective?
    I have been rocking a resonated x-pipe from Magnaflow for the last 2+ years. Added a nice rumble/grumble to the engine when accelerating, but now I get a nice gurgle during decel in gear. Not sure if you'd get that same effect with the tip.
    2003 3.0 6 Speed - Quattro. 157k.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '04 A4 3.0 QTip

Quote Originally Posted by SJorge3442 View Post
    I have been rocking a resonated x-pipe from Magnaflow for the last 2+ years. Added a nice rumble/grumble to the engine when accelerating, but now I get a nice gurgle during decel in gear. Not sure if you'd get that same effect with the tip.
    That sounds like a good idea. Did you delete that stock H in the front of the catback or leave it in too?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '04 A4 3.0 QTip

I’m no engineer but I’ve always been told it should be up near the front for the best flow. You don’t want to mess with the scavenging rate too much, but an x will certainly be better than straight. There’s an old hot rod trick where you get a big crayon and make a thickish line down the side of the exhaust and go for a quick drive, install it at the point where the crayon mark starts to melt less when you get back

Backwoods “science” vs German engineering though...
    Backwoods science is fine, especially if it works. I'll have to try that.

Page 130 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131 LastLast