Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 126 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126
Results 5,001 to 5,033 of 5033
    Senior Member Three Rings 2004a4b630QT's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '04 A4 3.0 QTip

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    BACK ON TOPIC:

I've had more vibration since I did the front left CV. I must not have seated the bolts properly.

Also, the slight wobble in my PS pulley has extended to the harmonic balancer which now looks like it is starting to wobble slightly. Ugh, service position time again. I voltage tested the battery to rule our the Alternator as a cause for the wobble but it reads 14.?v like it should. I think that also means there's no tension problem in the belt, just a loose pulley? Turning the AC on increases vibration too, so for now no A/C. Good thing it's only 95F for the next 3 days.

Car remains in seriously bad alignment. Still tracks straight mostly but the steering wheel is crooked by 6 or 7 degrees since the suspension work. I just need to do the steering rack before taking it for an alignment.

Veteran Member Four Rings RDA990's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by 2004a4b630QT View Post
    Agreed. Removing the 'great silver whale' for any reason is grounds for a swap. I'm torn because i only have 103K miles (and just got new front CVs) so I might have to try the seals, bearings and flange first. I am sick of driving a 5sp automatic, though.
    Still not sure which one to go with, 5-speed or 6-speed manual. I think I read the 5-speed is more reliable and can handle good amount of power compared to the 6-speed which may also have issues with synchros requiring a rebuild?

I would prefer the 6-speed for highway driving going 80mph the extra gear would be nice.
    Brilliant Red 2004 A4 1.8T quattro Ultrasport
    Frankenturbo F21L | Motoza Tuning | FMIC | Test Pipe | Bosch 550cc | 710n DV | Podi Boost Gauge | 21 PSI

Dolphin Gray A4 1.8T quattro 2004
    Brilliant Red A4 2.0T quattro 2007
    DIY - A4 B6 Boost Leak Test

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Pretty sure its the other way around. 6 speeds are more robust and less prone to synchro failure. I've had both and my 5 speed was knotchy on the best of days and my 6 speed is like butter all day.
    Maybe a tranny expert like kevin c. Can comment on it.

Veteran Member Four Rings old guy's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '03 A4, '13 A5, '18 MB-GLA

Quote Originally Posted by RDA990 View Post
    Still not sure which one to go with, 5-speed or 6-speed manual.
    I have both and I love them both but for different reasons.

I use the A5 for any distance traveling so the 6-speed works out fine. However, if you want to accelerate quickly you have to drop a gear or two.

I use the A4 for short trips or whenever I want to get a little frisky with my driving. For that kinda driving the 5-speed is perfect. Cruising between 70→80 mph puts the F21L right smack in the maximum torque range. Downshift?? Fugetaboutit....... Just hit the gas and go!
    A4 Motoza tuned Frankenturbo F21L mixed flow turbo / Bosch 550's / 3" MAF / TyrolSport SMIC / 034 HFC / TT 2.5" DP / Borla Exhaust / Eibach ProKit Springs / Koni Yellows / H-Sport Sway Bars / TyrolSport Brake Stiffeners / HyperShift Short Shifter / Podi
    A5 Mods to come: Little stuff so far. 20/25mm spacers / H&R OE Sport springs / 35% tint / Neuspeed Power Module / black window trim / RS grille.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by 2004a4b630QT View Post
    BACK ON TOPIC:

I've had more vibration since I did the front left CV. I must not have seated the bolts properly.

Also, the slight wobble in my PS pulley has extended to the harmonic balancer which now looks like it is starting to wobble slightly. Ugh, service position time again. I voltage tested the battery to rule our the Alternator as a cause for the wobble but it reads 14.?v like it should. I think that also means there's no tension problem in the belt, just a loose pulley? Turning the AC on increases vibration too, so for now no A/C. Good thing it's only 95F for the next 3 days.

Car remains in seriously bad alignment. Still tracks straight mostly but the steering wheel is crooked by 6 or 7 degrees since the suspension work. I just need to do the steering rack before taking it for an alignment.
    old guy's DIY toe adjustment worked wonderfully for me.
    2005 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Avant / 6-speed / Ultrasport - Unicorn rescue operation in progress.
    WTB: Mint condition silver B6 passenger fender.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '04 A4 3.0 QTip

Quote Originally Posted by eljay View Post
    old guy's DIY toe adjustment worked wonderfully for me.
    I'm definitely going to try this once the new rack is in.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    02 Audi A4 QMT

Check engine light for secondary air injection and alarm going off every 5 minutes is what went wrong for me today.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '04 A4 3.0 QTip

Cross threaded the caliper carrier 21mm bolts driving them in with a Milwaukee M18 Gen3 impact driver (2K inch llbs). The one made for contractors with the 1/4 hex chuck. I thought it was safe to run them down at setting 2 but it was not. Lesson learned. Don't use impact to put bolts on. This thing is a beast at full power, but it can be used very gently too on setting 1 feathering the trigger. Setting 3 Rips off lug nuts without hesitation. Made quick work of triple square CV axle bolts even with 2 feet of wobble extension on setting 2. I doubt it would do a crank bolt or axle stretch bolt, but I'm going to try the latter soon.

Anyway, I was able to thread it back 90% of the way using brute force impact left and right till it screwed in enough to be safe for now, The other bolt is good and there is no movement. I So I guess I need a new carrier now or I have an excuse to do a B7 brake upgrade.

Established Member Two Rings a1dan_87's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I'm sorry but WHAT is the thumbnail for this thread at the moment?

Sent from my ZTE B2017G using Audizine mobile app

Established Member Two Rings obaka's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Have a vacuum leak that leads to running rich condition:

Idle is erratic when cold, I can ear the whistle when engine under load.
    And a hising sound with the hood open can be heard from the intake manifold area. help I dunno how to search for leaks
    "Toda la gloria del mundo cabe en una cerveza"
    2003 Avant ABT tuned

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by obaka View Post
    Have a vacuum leak that leads to running rich condition:

Idle is erratic when cold, I can ear the whistle when engine under load.
    And a hising sound with the hood open can be heard from the intake manifold area. help I dunno how to search for leaks
    These should be common vacuum lines you should check for: https://www.pelicanparts.com/techart...cuum_Leaks.htm .

Registered Member One Ring AudiDK's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    VW Vento 1.8CL

Yup... about to do that coolant flange on the back...... again! :(

AZ Member #

Third gear grinds with high rpm shifts usually under heavy load like WOT but if I Granny shift it it seems to not mind and slides into gear. Signs of synchro going out? I'm using Motul Motylgear fluid. Considering trying a different brand to see if it helps..

AZ Member #

Ravenol will take care of it. It did for OG anyway.

Veteran Member Four Rings Spike00513's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by hightime80 View Post
    Not sure what's better; Ravenol or Fuchs Titan SintoFluid SAE 75w80 which claims to fit the OEM part number of G 052 911 A2,
    However, there is also the actual G 052 911 A2 bottles of OEM Audi brand logo fluid, and those bottles are a different shape.
    They cost more, at like $22/each. Not sure what they actually are. It looks like the same bottle shape that Castrol gear oils come in.

Active Member Two Rings B6Sticks's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I vote ravenol, before I did it second gear was very tough to engage, and I couldn't put it in first unless I was completely stopped. After doing the change, it shifts brand new. 2nd slides right in and I can put it in first while rolling under 10mph. Made the car driveable again. 2003 5 speed quattro.

Sent from my Galaxy S9+ using Audizine mobile app

Veteran Member Four Rings fR3ZNO's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Another vote for Ravenol here. Always had notchy shifts and poor cold weather shifts with Redline MTL, once I put the Ravenol in it shifts so much better, even when it’s subzero outside.
    "If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." - Ferdinand Porsche

Established Member Two Rings APC123's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Veteran Member Four Rings Spike00513's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by APC123 View Post
    thumb tacks painted with grey primer might be a temporary fix to hold fabric back up.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '04 A4 3.0 QTip

Same happened to me. I shoved a bicycle in the back and it rubbed across the headliner. The next day I noticed the droop. Alcantra headliner Diy added to the list

Established Member Two Rings modfan61's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1988 Dakota 360Swap Project

First cold morning of the season here and barely had heat in the car. Everything in the HVAC controls seemed to work as it should (at least testing without VAGCOM everything worked as should..). Thinking either clogged heater core or thermostat not opening all the way; car doesn't overheat. Fortunately ECS has a sale on a complete kit 20% off so just going to replace everything
    2004 Audi A4 1.8t 6spd

Veteran Member Four Rings freeloader700's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '03 A4 1.8TQM, 89 Mustang 2.3L

Blew a coil, not even 10 months on the set of Bosch 06E905115F

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    2003 A4 1.8TQM // Motoza K04 Hybrid // Franken F21// 550cc // TR18T // Test Pipe // FSI Coils // Forge Splitter // 034 RSB & End Links // V710 Gunmetal 19x8.5

→→FrankenTurbo F21 BUILD←←

Veteran Member Four Rings CyberPMG's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2004 A4 1.8T Ultrasport 6MQ

Back in the A4 while the S5 is getting body repairs (accident to rear bumper). Getting evaporator purge valve fault. Comes on about a day after clearing the code. Granted, the A4 was sitting in the garage for 2 months. Everything else operating as normal.
    USP CLUB MEMBER #34

2004 A4 1.8T USP - GT2871R Eliminator - Motoza program - Over 370k miles!
    2015 S5 - Sepang Blue - 6spd w/ Sport Diff - stock(ish)

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    02B6A4

Had an exhaust leak today from where the down pipe meets the other half. The exhaust sleeve clamp rusted to pieces and fell off. Got a new sleeve clamp on. But god dam with the exhaust leak the car sound so Good with that straight pipe sound, i could hear the turbo spool and the popping noise. wondering what is a cheap setup to get that sound, nothing crazy just a tad louder??

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by hightime80 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike00513 View Post
    Not sure what's better; Ravenol or Fuchs Titan SintoFluid SAE 75w80 which claims to fit the OEM part number of G 052 911 A2,
    However, there is also the actual G 052 911 A2 bottles of OEM Audi brand logo fluid, and those bottles are a different shape.
    They cost more, at like $22/each. Not sure what they actually are. It looks like the same bottle shape that Castrol gear oils come in.
    Quote Originally Posted by B6Sticks View Post
    I vote ravenol, before I did it second gear was very tough to engage, and I couldn't put it in first unless I was completely stopped. After doing the change, it shifts brand new. 2nd slides right in and I can put it in first while rolling under 10mph. Made the car driveable again. 2003 5 speed quattro.

Sent from my Galaxy S9+ using Audizine mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by fR3ZNO View Post
    Another vote for Ravenol here. Always had notchy shifts and poor cold weather shifts with Redline MTL, once I put the Ravenol in it shifts so much better, even when it’s subzero outside.
    May have to make this switch then!

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PSI NRG View Post
    May have to make this switch then!
    I think you will be happy with the Ravenol. It's still working great for me: Clicky click®
    A4 Motoza tuned Frankenturbo F21L mixed flow turbo / Bosch 550's / 3" MAF / TyrolSport SMIC / 034 HFC / TT 2.5" DP / Borla Exhaust / Eibach ProKit Springs / Koni Yellows / H-Sport Sway Bars / TyrolSport Brake Stiffeners / HyperShift Short Shifter / Podi
    A5 Mods to come: Little stuff so far. 20/25mm spacers / H&R OE Sport springs / 35% tint / Neuspeed Power Module / black window trim / RS grille.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    I think you will be happy with the Ravenol. It's still working great for me: Clicky click®
    This gives me hope! I have to be very careful shifting into third over 5K or it will grind under moderate to heavy acceleration. The 5spd requires 3L correct?

TIA

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PSI NRG View Post
    This gives me hope! I have to be very careful shifting into third over 5K or it will grind under moderate to heavy acceleration. The 5spd requires 3L correct?

TIA
    I think is is closer to 2.7 liters. Basically, on level ground you fill the gearbox to the point where it is level with the fill plug opening. fill it to the point where the gear oil starts running out and you are good to go.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    02 Audi A4 QMT

Brake light on dash started flashing and beeping at me. Brake fluid is full and brake pads have over half life left on all 4 corners.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    I think is is closer to 2.7 liters. Basically, on level ground you fill the gearbox to the point where it is level with the fill plug opening. fill it to the point where the gear oil starts running out and you are good to go.
    Sounds easy enough! Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Established Member Two Rings modfan61's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1988 Dakota 360Swap Project

Got my no-heat issue fixed. Heater core in and blowing hot now.... now get to look at my secondary air injection. Turned car on this morning and have a jet engine under the hood for about 45 seconds... Hoping I just missed one of the lines going to the combi valve.. was working prior
    2004 Audi A4 1.8t 6spd

Senior Member Three Rings my_RS4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Beach Cruiser

Drivers window is stuck down. Regulator broke! Ugh

IG @myRS4 | 2007 RS4 | Phantom Black | Ti Converted | Milltek'ed | KW H.A.S. kitted | Rotiformed (SPF DDT 19X10 +25) | PSSed 275/30/19 | LED DRL'ed + Citied + CC'd | H&R wheel spaced | 034 Density Line control armed | Hotchkis F + R Sway Barred | Apikol rear-diff mounted | JHM Lighweight Flywheeled | Ziza lit | Passport 9500ix hardwired | Dension Pro BT'ed | StopTech Brake Padded

Established Member Two Rings APC123's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by my_RS4 View Post
    Drivers window is stuck down. Regulator broke! Ugh

Good luck mane. Order up a whole bunch of clips for when you break some when taking the panel off

Page 126 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126