Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 124 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125 LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,960 of 4985
    Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Wheel bearing took a giant

Veteran Member Three Rings jpulll's Avatar
    AZ Member #

What Went Wrong With Your B6 Today?..

Power steering pump started whining again. Have already purged system. Didnít work. Then I flushed the system. Worked for 2 days.

So obviously Iím still getting air in the system. Lines seem tight, quick tug doesnít budge them. Bought a new Bosch ZF pump and reservoir seeing as how that would be the next step in the process.

Almost looks like I have some wetness right around the pulley, so Iím hoping that is the entrance for the air.

Will put better clamps on the low pressure side to the pump. Weíll see what happens from there.

At the end of this all, I really hope I donít have to replace the rack. From what experienced guys say, itís a pain in the rear.

Sent from my iPhone
    2003 A4 1.8T 5-spd w/ Motoza 93/E85.

Senior Member Two Rings projectvoltron's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B6 Avant 2.7t, 2016 VW Tiguan

Quote Originally Posted by jpulll View Post
    Power steering pump started whining again. Have already purged system. Didnít work. Then I flushed the system. Worked for 2 days.

So obviously Iím still getting air in the system. Lines seem tight, quick tug doesnít budge them. Bought a new Bosch ZF pump and reservoir seeing as how that would be the next step in the process.

Almost looks like I have some wetness right around the pulley, so Iím hoping that is the entrance for the air.

Will put better clamps on the low pressure side to the pump. Weíll see what happens from there.

At the end of this all, I really hope I donít have to replace the rack. From what experienced guys say, itís a pain in the rear.

Sent from my iPhone
    Good luck with that!
    His: 2005 A4 Avant 2.7t
    Hers: 2016 VW tiguan
    Sold: 2001 noggy b5 s4
    RIP: 2004 B6 s4 sedan

"It could be a number of things" -anyone who has diagnosed their Audi

instagram @chasetophor

Veteran Member Four Rings old guy's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '03 A4, '13 A5, '18 MB-GLA
    Items for Sale

Try some Lucas Power Steering Stop Leak and Conditioner. It certainly won't hurt anything. You have nothing to lose and it may help your whining problem. It is one of the few additive products that I have found to actually do what it claims.
    A4 Motoza tuned Frankenturbo F21L mixed flow turbo / Bosch 550's / 3" MAF / TyrolSport SMIC / 034 HFC / TT 2.5" DP / Borla Exhaust / Eibach ProKit Springs / Koni Yellows / H-Sport Sway Bars / TyrolSport Brake Stiffeners / HyperShift Short Shifter / Podi
    A5 Mods to come: Little stuff so far. 20/25mm spacers / H&R OE Sport springs / 35% tint / Neuspeed Power Module / black window trim / RS grille.

Veteran Member Four Rings AvantNoir's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    Try some Lucas Power Steering Stop Leak and Conditioner. It certainly won't hurt anything. You have nothing to lose and it may help your whining problem. It is one of the few additive products that I have found to actually do what it claims.
    I second trying some Lucas Power Steering Stop Leak. My system was leaking pretty bad, one bottle cleared everything up. Couldn't believe the results. No more leaking, no more whining.
    2005 USP A4 Avant 1.8T Follow me on instagram @cbarz

AZ Member #

I donít appear to be losing any fluid though. I just have foamy fluid. The flush kind of concluded that because it worked for 2 days but bubbles slowly started appearing.

The pump only whines with the bubbles. The pump also has a small wet spot on the pulley shaft. Right at the end where the o-ring would be. So I can understand how air could slowly get sucked in there.

IMG_3552.jpg

According to friendly google, the supply hose has a suction effect brought upon by the pump. So itís possible air is getting sucked in that way as well.

When I get the reservoir/pump, Iím going to replace the reservoir and put screw style clamps on the supply hose and do another flush. If that fails, the pump is coming out.

Sent from my iPhone

Veteran Member Four Rings old guy's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '03 A4, '13 A5, '18 MB-GLA
    Items for Sale

I would still give the Lucas a try. It can help swell the seals on the suction side of the pump and maybe stop the air from getting pulled in. There is no downside to using it.
    A4 Motoza tuned Frankenturbo F21L mixed flow turbo / Bosch 550's / 3" MAF / TyrolSport SMIC / 034 HFC / TT 2.5" DP / Borla Exhaust / Eibach ProKit Springs / Koni Yellows / H-Sport Sway Bars / TyrolSport Brake Stiffeners / HyperShift Short Shifter / Podi
    A5 Mods to come: Little stuff so far. 20/25mm spacers / H&R OE Sport springs / 35% tint / Neuspeed Power Module / black window trim / RS grille.

Active Member One Ring Paradoxy's Avatar
    AZ Member #

so all the sudden my diagnostic (obd) port stopped working...
    still have power since it will light up the vag401 tool but will not connect at all
    tool works fine on a beetle and jetta we got here
    stock radio, never taken out, only light on the dash is from an incorrect flow code i know for sure
    no other lights at all which makes me think the port itself might be dead?
    car runs perfectly

Established Member Two Rings Jakal's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Got my VCDS today. Havenít been able to find out why my turbo seemingly doesnít spool. Possibly spools in higher gears. (I really canít confirm besides what I feel/hear)
    Got these 2 codes:
    ē 17887 Brake Boost Vacuum System
    P1479 - 008 - Mechanical Failure
    ē 16683 Boost Pressure Regulation
    P0299 - 002 - Control Range Not Reached

Now Iíve read it could be the pump, or the lines running to it or even the DV.
    Iíve also heard you can test the vacuum pump in VCDS? While driving, Iíve found that the vacuum pump is always off.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Veteran Member Four Rings SJorge3442's Avatar
    AZ Member #

3rd time in a month that my car refused to let me fill up. Not sure whats going on. I really need to get better at keeping some more fuel in my tank so Im not at 15 DTE when refueling.
    2003 3.0 6 Speed - Quattro. 151k.

AZ Member #

What Went Wrong With Your B6 Today?..

Quote Originally Posted by SJorge3442 View Post
    3rd time in a month that my car refused to let me fill up. Not sure whats going on. I really need to get better at keeping some more fuel in my tank so Im not at 15 DTE when refueling.
    The fuel tank is pressurizing and refusing to allow new fuel to enter. Hold your finger on that little silver door before you fill up to allow the pressures to escape.

AFAIK it is involved with the evaporative system.

Sent from my iPhone

AZ Member #

The fuel tank is pressurizing and refusing to allow new fuel to enter. Hold your finger on that little silver door before you fill up to allow the pressures to escape.

AFAIK it is involved with the evaporative system.

Sent from my iPhone
    Yeah its just weird its got me 3 timed in a row. Left the nozzle in on an angle for like 5 minutes and it worjed.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Three Rings 2004a4b630QT's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '04 A4 3.0 QTip

Was introduced to the dreaded dying SAI pump howl on startup. standing over the engine it gets louder towards the firewall. Touch the accelerator and it goes away. It's at the bottom of a long list.

Veteran Member Four Rings Spike00513's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Depressed the clutch pedal with the door open and heard it making a sound from outside the car.
    I'm guessing it's supposed to be quiet when new and normal. Am not sure what it is.

The slave cylinder is probably old and original.

I know the pedal makes a click noise when working the clutch but that's just because I probably need to clean and lubricate it.
    However, this noise came from outside the car and was different.
    It sounded more like a creaking. Like slowly opening a creaky door, or walking up creaky wooden stair steps.

This happened inside of a garage so maybe that helped get the sound to my ear.

Veteran Member Four Rings NaiveTurtle's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Has anyone ever had this happen... When driving down the street, out of nowhere the car will randomly start dropping rpm regardless of where my foot is on the pedal and regardless of what rpm it is currently at. The car will fall to idle when rolling even when you bury the pedal to the ground. However, the moment you let go of the gas pedal and re-engage it will pick right back up like nothing happened. There is no real way to reproduce this issue, it just happens randomly.

I know that my brake light switch is going bad and not sure if this has anything to do with it.

Thoughts?
    2008 GMG World Challenge 6MT []S5 Ibis White Matte Metallic Purple/Black Alcantara
    [Mods - GIAC 91 Tune | GMG WC Sport Downpipes | GMG WC Sport Cat-Back | GMG WC Front & Rear Sway Bars | AP Racing 6-Piston Front BBK | 20x9.5 HRE P40's | Accuair B8 Sport Kit]
    2004 Ocean Blue Metallic A4 Avant
    Instagram: @NaiveTurtle

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by NaiveTurtle View Post
    Has anyone ever had this happen... When driving down the street, out of nowhere the car will randomly start dropping rpm regardless of where my foot is on the pedal and regardless of what rpm it is currently at. The car will fall to idle when rolling even when you bury the pedal to the ground. However, the moment you let go of the gas pedal and re-engage it will pick right back up like nothing happened. There is no real way to reproduce this issue, it just happens randomly.

I know that my brake light switch is going bad and not sure if this has anything to do with it.

Thoughts?
    Your brake light switch is the culprit. When the ECU senses the brake being activated while the throttle is activated for ~3 seconds or so, it cuts fueling as it thinks the throttle is stuck open and you're trying to stop the car.

Veteran Member Four Rings NaiveTurtle's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by SJorge3442 View Post
    Your brake light switch is the culprit. When the ECU senses the brake being activated while the throttle is activated for ~3 seconds or so, it cuts fueling as it thinks the throttle is stuck open and you're trying to stop the car.
    I had wondered if the two were connected as the throttle problem hadn't become present until I really noticed the brake lights being on several days in a row in the morning.

Thanks for the info, I have a new brake light switch on the way.
    2008 GMG World Challenge 6MT []S5 Ibis White Matte Metallic Purple/Black Alcantara
    [Mods - GIAC 91 Tune | GMG WC Sport Downpipes | GMG WC Sport Cat-Back | GMG WC Front & Rear Sway Bars | AP Racing 6-Piston Front BBK | 20x9.5 HRE P40's | Accuair B8 Sport Kit]
    2004 Ocean Blue Metallic A4 Avant
    Instagram: @NaiveTurtle

Veteran Member Four Rings AvantNoir's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Surprisingly, nothing. But, tomorrow is another day...
    2005 USP A4 Avant 1.8T Follow me on instagram @cbarz

Established Member Two Rings modfan61's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1988 Dakota 360Swap Project

Random misfires at higher rpm (5k+). First happened when it was raining out so I thought it was just bad coil(s). Now happens randomly no matter the weather but still only at higher RPM. Should I still consider a bad coil or 2? Definitely sounds like multiple cylinders. I'm guessing there is an ICM somewhere under the hood and that is a possibility? It's an 04 w/ the 1.8t
    2004 Audi A4 1.8t 6spd

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by modfan61 View Post
    Random misfires at higher rpm (5k+). First happened when it was raining out so I thought it was just bad coil(s). Now happens randomly no matter the weather but still only at higher RPM. Should I still consider a bad coil or 2? Definitely sounds like multiple cylinders. I'm guessing there is an ICM somewhere under the hood and that is a possibility? It's an 04 w/ the 1.8t
    Check for air leaks, do a boost pressure test and check your fuel pressure to make sure itís up to par.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Veteran Member Four Rings Spike00513's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by mobilesuit818 View Post
    Check for air leaks, do a boost pressure test and check your fuel pressure to make sure itís up to par.
    I was gonna say, if fuel pressure could be possible. Because I assume that at higher RPM, fuel demand is greater.
    Could this include fuel filter? Although those are "cheap" and one can only hope for a problem to be a cheap fix.

Active Member Two Rings BlackJon's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Supercharger Pulley Upgrade is done, ooo yea!!! Went with CTS Turbo Pulley 20180609_182207.jpeg20180609_182153.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Audizine mobile app

Veteran Member Four Rings RDA990's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Saw the temperature gauge drop below the middle mark for the first time. While driving on the highway, AC on, and 70 degrees out it fell between the 2nd and middle mark. Turned the AC off and it went a bit back up. Kind of weird since I've driven the car in negativd degree weather and not once did the temp gauge drop from the middle mark. I'm hoping it's one of the CTS.
    Brilliant Red '04 A4 1.8T quattro Ultrasport
    Stage 2.5? | Frankenturbo F21L | Motoza Tuning | FMIC | Test Pipe | Bosch 550cc | 710n DV | Podi Boost Gauge | 21 PSI

DIY - A4 B6 Boost Leak Test

AZ Member #

Found my exhaust leak, happens to be the pipe I welded up. Lesson learned, donít grind the weld down unless you paint over it. The weld was ugly cuz I used my 70 amp stick welder. Terrible welding machine. Iím used to big 4-phase industrial welders. Now that I have a proper TIG welder at home Iím going to do it right.

Also I believe my boost gauge needs an ďadaptationĒ. With the ignition on, engine off the gauge sits at 24inhg when it should sit right at 0.

Image1528749130.196282.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Established Member Two Rings IceQB's Avatar
    AZ Member #

How do I get my car to do that @jpull?
    "Press Clutch Pedal To Start Engine"
    Or did it not come with that options

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by IceQB View Post
    How do I get my car to do that @jpull?
    "Press Clutch Pedal To Start Engine"
    Or did it not come with that options
    If you have a manual transmission, this is the prompt that appears on that screen when you have the ignition on, engine off.

Sent from my iPhone

Veteran Member Four Rings customa4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    02 A4 1.8T CVT, 02 A4 1.8TQ 5spd, 92 Geo Prizm

I was an hour away from home yesterday when my car decided to start backfiring and bucking in the middle of traffic. Check engine light and traction control light went on when it started. Was able to limp my way home slowly. Used ELM327 and was able to pull a P0103 code for MAF sensor. Once I was home checked wiring out and looked for vacuum leaks. After doing some logs it was obvious the MAF was not functioning properly. Swapped it out with a spare I had and all is well.

Every time something like this happens at 230k miles I think to myself, must be the end of the road for this one... Haha
    K&N-Milltek HFC-Magnaflow Catback-APR snub mount-ER Sport FMIC-Forge TIP-Forge DV-Podi-034 Motor Mounts-034 Rear Sway/End Links-STaSIS Street Sport Coils-Bentley Manual

Established Member Two Rings jj94tt's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Low washer fluid light on the way home from work.

At home, add 1 gallon of washer fluid.

Next morning - start car. Low washer fluid light. Check tank - empty.
    2005 A4 B6 3.0L USP Ocean Blue

Veteran Member Four Rings imnuts's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Dolphin Grey Audi A4 3.0 Q 6MT
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by jj94tt View Post
    Low washer fluid light on the way home from work.

At home, add 1 gallon of washer fluid.

Next morning - start car. Low washer fluid light. Check tank - empty.
    Check your pumps. My headlight washer pump split open several years ago. The head pressure in the tank forced the fluid up into the pump and out the cracks in the casing. A replaced the pump and problem was solved.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL
    Retrieve your SKC for use with VCDS
    Setup Ross-Tech VCP Drivers

3.0 JHM Tuned, JHM LWFW & Clutch, JHM Solid Short Shifter, Zingo Airbox Mod, quattro, Vogtland Jr. Suspension, Single Xenon E-Codes, Apikol Snub, 034 Motor & Trans Mounts

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
    Check your pumps. My headlight washer pump split open several years ago. The head pressure in the tank forced the fluid up into the pump and out the cracks in the casing. A replaced the pump and problem was solved.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL
    happens the same here bud.... Where's the pump to give it a check?? thanks in advance!
    "Toda la gloria del mundo cabe en una cerveza"
    2003 Avant ABT tuned

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Items for Sale

The pumps are on the reservoir. The actual replacement procedure says to take the front of the car apart. I was able to replace it by just taking the driver's side headlight out and doing it based on feel. You can see them with the headlight out, but if your arm is in the opening, you can't see much. The pump that is higher up on the reservoir is for the headlights, the lower is for the windshield. It wasn't all that difficult if I remember correctly.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL

3.0 JHM Tuned, JHM LWFW & Clutch, JHM Solid Short Shifter, Zingo Airbox Mod, quattro, Vogtland Jr. Suspension, Single Xenon E-Codes, Apikol Snub, 034 Motor & Trans Mounts

Established Member Two Rings jj94tt's Avatar
    AZ Member #

The pumps are on the reservoir. The actual replacement procedure says to take the front of the car apart. I was able to replace it by just taking the driver's side headlight out and doing it based on feel. You can see them with the headlight out, but if your arm is in the opening, you can't see much. The pump that is higher up on the reservoir is for the headlights, the lower is for the windshield. It wasn't all that difficult if I remember correctly.
    I looked from underneath with the belly pan removed and it appears to be the grommet sealing the headlight washer pump (?, inboard one) to the reservoir. Perhaps I can get away with just cleaning things up a bit. Thanks for the tips!
    2005 A4 B6 3.0L USP Ocean Blue

Established Member Two Rings IceQB's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Yip have manual trans, but not prompted with this when ignition is on, engine off.
    Could it be a setting in VCDS?

- - - Updated - - -

If you have a manual transmission, this is the prompt that appears on that screen when you have the ignition on, engine off.

Sent from my iPhone
    Yip have manual trans, but not prompted with this when ignition is on, engine off.
    Could it be a setting in VCDS?

Veteran Member Four Rings 87supraman's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Q7 4.2 Prestige & 911 C4S

Front driver window regulator decided to fail today. Made a weird crunchy noise, so I did the normal try and make the sound again thing. It fully failed with the window all the way down.
    2002 and 170k miles so it had a good run.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Daniel J
    http://www.gtgdrives.com
    @gtg_drives

AZ Member #

My car has 94k on it and I believe the original clutch, so itís getting to be that time anyway, but, something really weird happened the other day. I brought it to a tire shop to get some new summers put on and it had functioned perfectly, engaging just where it always has etc. After it was returned to me it was incredibly difficult to engage reverse, 1st, and 2nd. 3rd through 6th were also troublesome but not nearly as bad as r/1/2. I was able to row through all gears with the engine off fine so something with the clutch is going to be the culprit. A day later, everything was back to normal and shifting perfectly. This is my 4th VAG mk4/b6 platform so I am positive it didnít just ďfixĒ itself. Where should I start to try and figure this out?

AZ Member #

I have a B6 USP 1.8TM, for the past almost 2 weeks I have been hearing beeping in the rear. I scanned it with my HEX-NET VAG COM, but I got no errors. I can't figure out what's wrong with it. I search the web, but no one seems to have a complete understanding of the problem. Definitely don't want to take it to the Stealership!!!

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Items for Sale

I've been getting random oil sensor alerts on the DIS. It comes up for a few seconds then goes away. Guess I'll be replacing that at the next oil change.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL

Veteran Member Four Rings itsmatt33's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

I've been getting random oil sensor alerts on the DIS. It comes up for a few seconds then goes away. Guess I'll be replacing that at the next oil change.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL
    had the same issue. Oil lever sensor. Got mine from europaparts its the OEM brand without the audi logo grinded off for like half the price. 5 min job while doing oil chance
    GTX2867r Audi A4 B6 TQM RECARO|HRE|ER|IE|APR|AWE|034 Build page here
    Daily Driven Audi Q3 Neuspeed|HRE|REMUS|KW Build page here
    IG: @matthewee

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by tuntsfaah View Post
    I have a B6 USP 1.8TM, for the past almost 2 weeks I have been hearing beeping in the rear. I scanned it with my HEX-NET VAG COM, but I got no errors. I can't figure out what's wrong with it. I search the web, but no one seems to have a complete understanding of the problem. Definitely don't want to take it to the Stealership!!!
    Do you have RNSE? Mine would beep if I had the radio in CD mode and have it on a random track that didnít exist. Put everything back to CD 1 track 1, it went away.
    05' S4 6MT Moro Blue

AZ Member #

Mine does the samething it creaks when working the clutch pedal, sounds like a leakage underneath needs lubricated, just haven't had time or a lift to really inspect it

Page 124 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125 LastLast