Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Veteran Member Four Rings dufferdude's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Good Car shipping companies

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Need to ship my Volvo wagon from 98248 to 84109 Going price seems to be around $600 +/-
    Any body have recommendations or friends in the biz. Thanks

Veteran Member Four Rings jeremy@matrix's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B8.5 S4, B8 S4, B7 A4A, B6 A4, B5 A4, Q7, 958TT, 955TTS, 997C2S, 996TT...

Yes;

Angels Moving Autos; Dina
    www.angelstransport.com

Awesome.
    Jeremy Williams
    Matrix Integrated Inc.
    www.matrixintegrated.cc

AZ Member #

Thanks, I wish you would have replied sooner, the company/broker the buyer used tore off the front bumper getting the car off the truck. Sad face.
    Thanks for the tip though. Maybe somebody else can use them too in the future.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dufferdude View Post
    Thanks, I wish you would have replied sooner, the company/broker the buyer used tore off the front bumper getting the car off the truck. Sad face.
    Thanks for the tip though. Maybe somebody else can use them too in the future.
    Oh man, sorry to hear. :(

PS--still looking for a stock RS4 hood in trade for Vorsteiner?
    Jeremy Williams
    Matrix Integrated Inc.
    www.matrixintegrated.cc

AZ Member #

YGM

Established Member Two Rings jadedj's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    VW Touareg

Has anyone used Dependable Auto Shippers, Inc. (DAS) recently? What about Plycon or Orange Transport? I scoured this site and these were the few that came recommended. Problem is, with every guy that says 'X' moving company is great, there are two that say they were scammed, car damaged, etc. I'm trying to find a reputable shipper to get my A4 from MA to Seattle. The other few mentioned were D&G Professional Transport and Intercity. Intercity and Plycon were $2,000+, the others seem to hover around $1500. Thanks.
    2013 Q7 S-Line Prestige
    2010 BMW MT E61, Miro 111 (Stage 1 BMS JB4 upcoming...)- SOLD
    2008 A4 Avant 2.0T, MT, Stage 2+ (AWE Tuning, Koni FSD/Eibach), BBS CK
    2004 Volvo V70R MT, Flash Green/Atacama (sold)
    2004 VW Touareg 4.2L V8, 19" AHTEO's (parting out)
    1998 A4 Avant 2.8L MT (totaled)
    1995 90 Cs Quattro MT (sold)

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jadedj View Post
    Has anyone used Dependable Auto Shippers, Inc. (DAS) recently? What about Plycon or Orange Transport? I scoured this site and these were the few that came recommended. Problem is, with every guy that says 'X' moving company is great, there are two that say they were scammed, car damaged, etc. I'm trying to find a reputable shipper to get my A4 from MA to Seattle. The other few mentioned were D&G Professional Transport and Intercity. Intercity and Plycon were $2,000+, the others seem to hover around $1500. Thanks.
    Angels Moving Autos
    Talk to Dina.
    www.angelstransport.com

Tell her I sent you.
    They've transported cars for us and clients, everyone has always been impressed with their customer service.
    One of the top transporters multiple years running; http://www.transportreviews.com/Comp...-moving-autos/

PS--Welcome to the PacNW!
    Jeremy Williams
    Matrix Integrated Inc.
    www.matrixintegrated.cc

Veteran Member Four Rings CupcakeS5's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Your mom

Plycon comes highly recommended by a local guy here in Portland that owns dealerships and his own car/racecar collection. His contact: Nick Pliaconis at Pylcon. nick@plyconvanlines.com. 310-921-4053. Tell him Parker at Wilsonville Honda recommended them.

I also recommend this broker, she is a friend of mine: http://www.transportreviews.com/review/00238795.asp I went through her when I had my B5 shipped here from PA 3 years ago, and I have recommended friends to her who have also had positive experiences.

Keep in mind that most shipping companies that you find on the internet are brokers, and one person's bad experience will have been with whatever transport company got hired for that particular job whereas someone's positive experience came with a different shipper the broker hired. It's all about who will accept the bid. I had great service from Felicia, and the company she hired for the right bid ended up being great as well.
    I know violence isn't the answer. I got it wrong on purpose.

"Then you get ecodes, and it's like beer tastes better, tits are perkier, and things are just right in the world." -i1overice

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    VW Touareg

Quote Originally Posted by CupcakeS5 View Post
    Plycon comes highly recommended by a local guy here in Portland that owns dealerships and his own car/racecar collection. His contact: Nick Pliaconis at Pylcon. nick@plyconvanlines.com. 310-921-4053. Tell him Parker at Wilsonville Honda recommended them.

I also recommend this broker, she is a friend of mine: http://www.transportreviews.com/review/00238795.asp I went through her when I had my B5 shipped here from PA 3 years ago, and I have recommended friends to her who have also had positive experiences.

Keep in mind that most shipping companies that you find on the internet are brokers, and one person's bad experience will have been with whatever transport company got hired for that particular job whereas someone's positive experience came with a different shipper the broker hired. It's all about who will accept the bid. I had great service from Felicia, and the company she hired for the right bid ended up being great as well.
    Nick quoted me $2500 - that's more than double some of the other carriers. I'll check out some others.
    2013 Q7 S-Line Prestige

Veteran Member Four Rings CupcakeS5's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Your mom

I believe they only do enclosed trailers, which is more expensive.
    For comparison's sake, I paid $1400 for open transport for the B5 from York, PA. It was a little more expensive for wintertime and for not being on a major interstate. There are lots of factors that affect price. A broker can explain all of it to you. Fuel is also less expensive right now than it was 3 yrs ago, though in 3 yrs prices also typically naturally inflate.

Sent from that bitch Siri
    I know violence isn't the answer. I got it wrong on purpose.

"Then you get ecodes, and it's like beer tastes better, tits are perkier, and things are just right in the world." -i1overice

Veteran Member Three Rings SliverJay's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Do not use das!
    Had the R63 shipped by Das took 45 days.
    They did pay for the dings but that took 60 days.
    It went on 6 different trucks.
    2004.5 2500 Dodge Cummins
    2013 VW Passat TDI SEL Premium
    Looking for stage 3 S4 Avant b5 or RS4

Veteran Member Four Rings PNW Avant's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2008 A4 Avant

When i bought my S4 in 2009, i had it scheduled to be shipped dependable auto shippers enclosed. it sat on their lot for a month in the snow. I had the dealer in PA go back and pick up it. Had a company called "white lightning" pick it up, company was referred to me by Nico at barrier. The car arrived less than a week later, they ended up driving non-stop for 3 days from PA to seattle. The car was perfect.
    Hers: 2014 SQ5 Premium Plus
    Mine: 2008 Ibis White Ti S-line A4 Avant 2.0T 6MT
    Black Alcantara S4 Recaros | RS4 Grill | S4 Mirrors | JHM Short Shifter | RNS-e + OEM BT | BBS CH reps | KW V2 | F+R S4 Brakes | RS4 Sway Bar + 034 End Links | APR Stage 1 Tune | JHM Downpipe | B7 S4 Exhaust | Apikol Snub + Differential Mount | 034 Street Density Motor + Trans Mounts

Past: 2004 Arctic White S4 Avant

Veteran Member Three Rings AvusPdx's Avatar
    AZ Member #

be very careful choosing a shipping company. I am going through a nightmare case right now (found out yesterday) that my recently sold BRZ was a victim of a joyride and someone blew my motor mid transport (Portland -> Florida). My car was decked out, turbo kit and everything. Someone decided to go fuck around with it. The car arrived with a chunk missing on the motor block and oil everywhere.

As I am the seller, I am not too responsible compared to the buyer, but I would highly recommend enclosed shipping, and google search the company. It is a highly unregulated industry, and 99% of the drivers are private contractors so "XXX transport corp." probably doesn't even own a truck, but only brokers in between.
    Current - Audi B8.5 S4 2013, Mercedes Benz GLE350 2016, Volvo XC60 T5 2015
    Mods - H&R RSS Clubsport, APR stage 2 + pulley, Roc Euro intake, AWE Touring 90mm, ECS RS4 Gloss Black Grill, VMR V705 19x8.5 matte black, Blizzak LM32 225/40/19 (winter) OEM Q5 Peelers 20x8.5 et33, Dunlop Sportmaxx 245/35/20, EBC Slotted/Drilled rotors F/R, EBC redstuff brake pads, Motul RBF 600 brake fluid, Enlaes rear CF spoiler, LED interior light swap, LED fogs, H&R rear sways,

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AvusPdx View Post
    be very careful choosing a shipping company. I am going through a nightmare case right now (found out yesterday) that my recently sold BRZ was a victim of a joyride and someone blew my motor mid transport (Portland -> Florida). My car was decked out, turbo kit and everything. Someone decided to go fuck around with it. The car arrived with a chunk missing on the motor block and oil everywhere.

As I am the seller, I am not too responsible compared to the buyer, but I would highly recommend enclosed shipping, and google search the company. It is a highly unregulated industry, and 99% of the drivers are private contractors so "XXX transport corp." probably doesn't even own a truck, but only brokers in between.
    I'm really sorry to hear K. :(
    Jeremy Williams
    Matrix Integrated Inc.
    www.matrixintegrated.cc

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    VW Touareg

So, I used Angels Moving Autos (http://www.angelsmovingautos.com/) and they were FANTASTIC! After reading the horror stories about shipping companies, brokers and the like, I was almost ready to fly to Boston and drive the car back myself. Well, after about 4 or 5 inquiries (and a huge mistake inputting information on a shipping blog - which I am still getting texts/emails/calls for) and many conversations, I chose Angels. They were all very polite, never too pushy and guaranteed great communication. Although they all try to "sell" you, Angles seemed the most sincere. Either way, they contracted out the shipping to a very nice Belarusian couple - IK Transportation - and they texted me throughout the majority of the trip. Now while IK's communication wasn't the best, the only real snafu I ran into was that their truck wasn't able to make it to the original meeting spot. Not really a big deal, as I live on a very residential street and their excuse of not being able to get a 74 foot truck up a few of the Seattle hills was totally legitimate.

Anyway, the car was perfectly cared for, cleaned up just like new and is driving impeccably! All for $1,400 (Boston -> Seattle.
    2013 Q7 S-Line Prestige

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jadedj View Post
    So, I used Angels Moving Autos (http://www.angelsmovingautos.com/) and they were FANTASTIC! After reading the horror stories about shipping companies, brokers and the like, I was almost ready to fly to Boston and drive the car back myself. Well, after about 4 or 5 inquiries (and a huge mistake inputting information on a shipping blog - which I am still getting texts/emails/calls for) and many conversations, I chose Angels. They were all very polite, never too pushy and guaranteed great communication. Although they all try to "sell" you, Angles seemed the most sincere. Either way, they contracted out the shipping to a very nice Belarusian couple - IK Transportation - and they texted me throughout the majority of the trip. Now while IK's communication wasn't the best, the only real snafu I ran into was that their truck wasn't able to make it to the original meeting spot. Not really a big deal, as I live on a very residential street and their excuse of not being able to get a 74 foot truck up a few of the Seattle hills was totally legitimate.

Anyway, the car was perfectly cared for, cleaned up just like new and is driving impeccably! All for $1,400 (Boston -> Seattle.
    Fantastic, glad Angels took care of you too! They're an awesome group of ladies.
    Jeremy Williams
    Matrix Integrated Inc.
    www.matrixintegrated.cc

Veteran Member Four Rings littlewhite's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2 columns & solid white line

Angels took care of my friends car and i believe my old Audi too

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Sorry about ringing this thing back from the dead, but I recently became a broker for transport and work with Patriot Transport USA. The guy I work for has been in the business for many years and is very fair. I have also been in the Audi world for close to 10 years, so I would love to be able to give you guys a break on some shipping. I don't need much information for estimates and one thing I noticed about transporting cars (I also buy cars for a small dealer and ship close to 5 a month) is the best price isn't always the best option. I have paid some brokers a lower price only for the car to take 3 weeks to get moved, which is a no go in the dealer world.

Anyway, check out some of the reviews of Patriot Transport USA here.

Veteran Member Four Rings 4RCFED's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    12' Audi S4 (sold), 18' Discovery HSE (V), Durango R/T (sold), ML350 (sold)

Nice, Iíll have to keep that in mind when we find a commuter car my wife.
    2012 S4 (sold)

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by 4RCFED View Post
    Nice, Iíll have to keep that in mind when we find a commuter car my wife.
    Sounds good, thanks! I can do quotes by text at 503.374.3225 or email at joshhawks@patriottransportusa.com. Would love to be able to help take care of some of that Audi world.

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by dufferdude View Post
    Need to ship my Volvo wagon from 98248 to 84109 Going price seems to be around $600 +/-
    Any body have recommendations or friends in the biz. Thanks
    You should try ship A1 or All State To State Auto Transport I've used both of them & they had great service & kept me informed the entire time & my Car was delivered on time...