Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings Zandgah's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Jackstands..

Just me, saying hello.

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hey there, Audizine!

My name is Marcus, I'm 19 years old and I'm from Sweden. I've been stalking this forum for some time now but just recently registered and started posting stuff. I got my drivers license two weeks after my 18th birthday and I had a -96 a4 1.8 just waiting for me to pass my test. At the time I knew absolutely nothing about Audis or cars in general for that matter. Looking back, it was a really good car. It was lowered, had one-piece headlights and an s4 front bumper. I loved that car and the only reason for selling it was that I wanted a car with a turbo.

Here is my first car:

I drove it for a while but I got a bit annoyed at how slow it was when I had a few friends in the car and so I sold it, and bought this.

An a4 1.8 Turbo sport with the stock 179 hp. This is it last summer after a tint-job and a polish.

Since I bought it I have tweaked it a bit here and there but nothing major appart from the ECU. In recent days and months my interrest in my car has grown tremendously and I finally got my thumb out of my ass to fix it up a little. The P.O. hadn't wired the aftermarket stereo correctly so it operated independetly of the ignition, I had to turn it on manually after I started the car and also turn it off after I turned the car off or it would completely drain my battery. Got that fixed a few weeks ago. I also did a DIY piano black trim with some sanding and a can of black metallic paint.

Turned out pretty good IMO, considering I spent about 25$ on it:

My ongoing projects are to shave the nozzles off of the front bumper and repair a slight damage caused by an ill-advised handbrake turn on a slippery road
    I also have a Cupra lip lying around and it is going on there after I finish the nozzles.

I feel I have been going on for long enough now, see you all around!

Established Member Two Rings AnotherMonday's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Cobwebs and old tools.

Re: Just me, saying hello.

Greetings, from one lurker to another.

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Pretty clean car man, are all b5 a4 clusters badass over there or was it swapped?

..and welcome to the forums!

Veteran Member Three Rings ElliottG's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '01 A4 1.8T, '99 Passat 1.8T

Looks like a stock cluster with chrome rings on it...that's what I have on my car, too.
    Daily: 2001 A4 1.8T | APR Stage 1 | 2.0T Coils | Build thread: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...ect?p=76712255
    1999 Passat 1.8T | Unitronic Stage 1 |

Established Member Two Rings Zandgah's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Jackstands..

Yeah, I found a cheap set of chrome rings and threw them in there. I ordered one of those illuminated shift knobs as well, should arrive within a few weeks!

Veteran Member Four Rings coolgraymemo's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Hello hello
    Santorin/Ebony '00 S4 6MT | K04/K16, Stasis LSD/4:1, Bilstein PSS9, Stoptech, SSR Comps, & more
    '01 S4 Avant 6MT | '00 1.8t Avant | '93 RS2'd S4 | '99.5 1.8t | '01 1.8t | '95.5 S6 Avant